It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Helicopter Tried To Kill My Son and I

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ValentineWiggin

Firstly let me say this is a shocking story..

Secondly, this was NOT SOMEONE LEARNING TO FLY.. They would never have been able to successfully accomplish (read live) the maneuvers as the OP describes.

OP:
GOTO the local FAA office, usually present at any local airport, google it..
And tell them the story you have posted.

There is plenty of radar, maybe not that low, but he almost certainly hit the range by 150ft or so of altitude.
And more than likely departed from a local airport, considering they are not typically long range vehicles.
These records are LOGGED.

Find that asshole and sue him..

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Now that you have you experience I am going to add, I know that already some has posted the same already, but next time you hear a helicopter take you camera and start filming the darn thing so we can see it here in ATS.

I wish you the best.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Let me put two really big things into perspective for you.

1. open field.
2. helicopter that can't maneuver correctly.

You mentioned that they are military choppers, or at least you assume that is the case. If it is the case, don't you think that MAYBE wide open fields MIGHT be a good place to train pilots?

It was probably an emergency landing of some kind..but hey this is ATS where things get blown way out of proportion.

Damn good story tho.

Star, no flag sorry

edit on 11-3-2012 by Gwampo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by justcurious31

And just ignore the timing questions, When your scared silly your judgement alterers and remembering timing is usually the hardest part.

Easy there buddy, I would like to see her answer those questions if ya don´t mind.

I can imagine one can be so scared that time perception is altered, but come on, I assume she still knows how to read clocks and that her computer has one, and that she can derive from that how much time must´ve really passed.

I assume that if the cop got there he would have asked her what time it happened so she must have already thought about that.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
As a pilot I can say that this pilot violated many many FAA regulations

If caught he could get some very serious actions taken against him -- if it was deliberate (and it sounds like it) he could lose his license

and in my opinion he should lose it

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by bastardo
Amazing to see the OP getting all these S and F´s when upon reading the story for the first time it is clear to anyone with half a brain that parts of the story completely defy logic and common sense, in particular the alleged timeline.

Great job ATS.
edit on 11-3-2012 by bastardo because: (no reason given)

Although so many were awful to the OP,
you are the latest so you're up.

Why great job ATS ? Because many believe her?
I couldnt be more sure that her story is legit.
Understanding why is much more complex than your timeline.

And Holy #, not just you, but so many were rude. (even a mod)
Is it because you think she needed a story for S&F's?
Is it because you try to fool people with your stories?
Apparently my "half brain" understands
logic and common sense just fine.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by bastardo
reply to post by justcurious31

And just ignore the timing questions, When your scared silly your judgement alterers and remembering timing is usually the hardest part.

Easy there buddy, I would like to see her answer those questions if ya don´t mind.

I can imagine one can be so scared that time perception is altered, but come on, I assume she still knows how to read clocks and that her computer has one, and that she can derive from that how much time must´ve really passed.

I assume that if the cop got there he would have asked her what time it happened so she must have already thought about that.

I believe she answered the question to the best of her ability of what she can remember here

About twenty minutes. It seems fast to me. I was full of adrenaline. I didn't drive far because I got the cops on the line. Possibly more than twenty minutes, no more than forty.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by gandhi
Was skipping through the pages and nobody has seemed to ask...

Have you called the police?
. How much were you skipping? You read the op? She claimed she called and spoke with police. Maybe dont skip, and just browse..

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

did it look like this ? Schweizer 300CBi helicopter

second line

Wee Mad

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Ok, Your scared and frightened and feel someone tried to kill you. I understand what your saying but I believe you didn't know what was going on and are over reacting about the attempted murder claim.

I can tell you EXACTLY what they were doing because I have done it myself, and watched it done many, many times.

Here is a video.....does this look familiar?

The most logical explanation is he was crop dusting. They go up & down rather quickly, change direction irratically and just seem to be flying wacky but there is a method to their madness.

If you were watching one and never saw it before then most people wouldn't know what they were doing.
You said you guys were in an open field so maybe he sprayed the ones on either side of the one you were in and you just got a low fly by being in between them...?

OR...... there is a psychopath helicopter pilot out there that likes terrorizing women & kids. which seems more logical?

PS. do you live in farm country with fields of crops? Were you in one of these fields?
edit on 11-3-2012 by mwood because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by weemadmental

did it look like this ? Schweizer 300CBi helicopter

second line

Wee Mad

Your link make my fire wall act up

There is a problem with this website's security certificate.

The security certificate presented by this website was issued for a different website's address.

Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server.
We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this website.
Click here to close this webpage.
Continue to this website (not recommended).
More information

If you arrived at this page by clicking a link, check the website address in the address bar to be sure that it is the address you were expecting.
When going to a website with an address such as example.com..., try adding the 'www' to the address, www.example.com....
If you choose to ignore this error and continue, do not enter private information into the website.

For more information, see "Certificate Errors" in Internet Explorer Help.

edit on 11-3-2012 by Trillium because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by sealing

Well I admit I didn´t check all the responses properly so I was under the impression tjhat nobody had questioned her timeline wich kindoff annoyed me. Sorry for that.

Her excuse for the faulty timeline is off course the right thing to say but I´m still not buying it and I can usually smell BS from miles away.

If I´m wrong than I´m sorry.

I called 911 and told them. They sent a police officer who questioned me about the color and the numbers.

About twenty minutes. It seems fast to me. I was full of adrenaline. I didn't drive far because I got the cops on the line. Possibly more than twenty minutes, no more than forty.

edit on 11-3-2012 by bastardo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
To original poster:

Chinese paper lanterns. End of story. The appearance of the helicopter was obviously a mirage from distant pond water, the sound of the rotors, simply a freak gust of continuous wind, and the spraying dirt was merely ground hogs popping up from their holes a bit overzealously. Move along, nothing to see, here.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by H1ght3chHippie
Deadly combination of overzealous helicopter pilot showing off his skills with overreacting mother protecting her kid. I've never heard of helicopters chopping down pedestrians with their rotor blades in flight.

Jury sees 'gruesome' film of hunt man being killed by copter blade during row with pilot'

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Sounds like the OP encountered some gung-ho idiots wanting to be very very reckless indeed.
I'm all for the laissez-faire buzz but those guys need some serious trouble for doing that.

I've been flown about in helicopters and some pilots can get a bit carried away in them...

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainBeno
From your descripton sounds like the most common type of two seater........Robbinson R22

Due to relatively low acquisition and operating costs, the R22 has been popular as a primary rotorcraft trainer around the world and as a livestock management tool on large ranches in North America and cattle stations in Australia.

Thus, the flight controls are very sensitive and require a light touch to avoid over correcting.

Due to the issues relating to a low inertia rotor-system and a teetering main rotor, operation by any pilot in the United States of the Robinson R-22 or R-44 requires a special endorsement by a certified flight instructor

Robinson R22 Wikipedia

Cops use those aswell. I doubt it was the po po trying to kill the OP though.

Glad you and your son are ok.
edit on 11-3-2012 by Dr Cosma because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Well because you live basically in the middle of nowhere, there is a lot of empty space to train new helicopter pilots and i think the copter was in the hands of a noobie which paniced and lost control.

Thats my theory.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Kester

That didn´t happen in flight.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite

Sounds just like some dreams I've had. I can't explain em. I'm not a flyboy. I am not military. I've had dreams where helicopters and jet things are flying around the area and I'm trying to hide from them. I don't know what they're doing. But I think they're looking for people to shoot or something. It's terrifying to see huge things so close like that. It's the predator vs prey reflex. In some dreams I hear explosions.

People don't understand that these kinds of things can instill terror in people. Remember Shock & Awe? In Iraq? I believe it. I would find the deepest bomb shelter and stay there or get out of the city.
edit on 10-3-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

I have had those kind of dreams all the time, only they are always UFO's. They never get me though.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ValentineWiggin
I felt my life was threatened. That's enough to have someone arrested for Assault and Battery 3rd degree, so yeah.

You feel that someone frightening you due to an accident is cause for you to have them arrested for Assault and Battery? Ooh la la. Calm down, please!

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join