It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Helicopter Tried To Kill My Son and I

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I am willing to bet they where trying to hit people with the blades.

Wouldn't it be wiser to learn to fly away from obstacles or on a designed flight course
Not within a stones throw of peoples homes?

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
You could "practically see bugs on the front of it" but no numbers?
I dont think she would be trying to make out numbers on the front of it when its ready to crash straight into her lol

Never heard the term "figure of speech"

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

No,it doesn't happen that way.I see that you've contacted places.I'm curious to what you can find out come Monday.Hope you give us an update

I'm going with horrible accident averted Night. I think OP may have experienced something she misinterpreted.
That clears her of any fanaticism that she just hasn't earned and fits perfectly with her story. Like you I'm looking for an update.

Gestas

I am willing to bet they where trying to hit people with the blades

I'm no chopper expert and you don't have to be one to fly one. But trying to hit anything with the very thing your life depends on ? That sounds really ignorant to me and even more so when you consider qualifications for pilot.
Not a chance.
edit on 11-3-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

Helicopters are afraid of rope, carry a 100 foot length of it with you and let the pilot know you have it.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ValentineWiggin

I watched it circle in a way that I have never seen a helicopter move and come down in this same manner in the backyard two houses down, it came straight up again and in a panic I dashed into the house, grabbed my phone, put my child in the front seat of the car and started driving. If this thing came back I didnt know what else to do than get in the car and drive. I really thought it might hit my home.

WHY not fighting back at the damn chopper?

Why running away when a stupid copter is attacking you and your children? Do you know how these machines are fragile?

Try a rope/cable, like the last poster wrote. Or trow a damn bucket of paint to the blades, or a fuel tank, or something.

edit on 11/3/12 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
what a tragedy it wouldve been to lose such a fine specimen

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

don't be scared the next time that helicopter chases you, be ready, with a steel cable to tangle up the rotors with. Get a nice long one. tangle that sucker up, preferably use 1/4" or thicker cable. Don't bring your kid for the trip. Bait the copter in and take it out. Sounds like a drone was coming at you.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
It reminds me of playing the game Battlefield 2 when I am the helo pilot and I have to use my TV guided missile to sneak up on people heheh...Sometimes when I am driving in my vehicle and I see a chopper, I think crap where is my smoke button (when I'm driving tank in game) lol

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
That chopper flies over a hundred miles an hour. If it was trying to run you down and hurt you it surely would have been able to make up th 15' head start you had. Sounds like a pilot trying to scare you for kicks. Most people do not keep these at their personal residence for maintenance reasons. Go to the local airfield used by crop dusters and other smaller crafts, see if you can identify it. I take my kids to the one nearest our farm and walk around so they can check out the various aircrafts, they love it.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
It would be even better if you know how to throw one. Lasso the skids, they are manuverable but don't have much lifting power all things considered. it can be grounded by tying it to your truck bumper unless it is the size of a chinook.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

omg that is terrible i am glad you are both ok.. did you get the number plate...?

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Man, that is completely bizarre and you do seem genuinely shaken by it.
It almost reads like something out of the A-Team. Sounds daft, but has anyone recently been trying to buy your land from you?

But, being slightly more serious, I'm glad you're both ok. I must admit I haven't read the thread all the way through yet, but any luck tracking down said idiot, sorry, pilot?

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by cerebralassassins

Good advice! That is exactly what i'd have done. Once you find the the chopper she could notify the police who has the initial report. They can investigate recent flight activity and flight plans to see if it may have been her area on the date specified. If nothing else, she may get the identity of the pilot on the police report and inquire if he committed a crime. If it's Military related, not much can be done other than to make an official complaint with the Base Commander.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Just some thoughts...first...glad you are OK. First, carry a camera or phone with a camera. Second, get two 2x4s and cut them to about 12 inches long each. A cable would be best, but rope will work...about 4 feet long...nail, screw or secure it between the 2x4s forming a capital letter "I". Now carry it around holding the two 2x4 pieces together and be prepared to throw it...and aim high...the rotors blow down. If you are high, it should be sucked into the blades.

Good luck

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Of course when your life has been endangered and you think someone is out to kill you,
the first thing anyone would do is post on ATS, like the OP did.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by WmassCrooner

Sounds like they were practicing "Auto-Rotations." Regardless, it also sounds like a rogue pilot showing off his talents is some weird way. Often they do this to coyotes, deer and other animals caught in the middle of fields to hone their surprise attack skills. Sounds like this pilot stepped over the line and should be disciplined.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by sayzaar
Of course when your life has been endangered and you think someone is out to kill you,
the first thing anyone would do is post on ATS, like the OP did.

It is funny, you're right. You're so uninformed you don't even know that the OP listed for everyone all the steps she took aside from coming to ATS! Ha ha.

I'm not sure why Valentine doesn't accept the practice maneuver theory, which seems persuasive to me, unless I missed where she agreed with it. Because it was her own land perhaps? That's certainly grounds to find out who was training that day and complain if possible, but especially since the copter performed the same maneuver a few yards down, I can't see what about it is doubtful.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

I suggest you do it. The people who think they know it all obviously don't. "It wasn't an attack" prove it wasn't. "how can you be sure what helicopter it is" If you think you will be focusing on numbers when a helicopter is coming at you, tell me, I'll gladly pilot that machine into you and see what your mind paid attention too.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join