It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Helicopter Tried To Kill My Son and I

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomLuva
I clicked on this topic only because of the strange helicopter movements in IL recently. I swear there are black helicopters (silent too) hovering over streets and one looked like it might be crashinig, but we saw it fly back up... Boggled here too. SW Suburbs of Chicago

President is in town.. duh

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by dagann
If it's Military related, not much can be done other than to make an official complaint with the Base Commander.

If it's military related be prepared to throw something into the rotors or shoot to kill. The military belong to us, not vice versa. Base commander will simply instruct bs commander to dribble garbage out of his/her lying mouth.

Do an image search for Shaftestbury Drove Green Lane. Look at the photograph of the Hippies running. Do you see the long line of travellers homes along the side of the lane? RAF jets used to fly extra low down the length of that lane to harass the travellers. I didn't witness it myself but, I'm reliably informed, one of these guys had enough of it. He threw a hand axe into the path of a jet, and hit it! Unfortunately it didn't bring the evil pilot down. If you've seen, as I have, numerous children changed forever by the trauma of being buzzed deliberately by idiots who think it's funny, you'll know it's reasonable to take positive action against them. They are given control of tax payers equipment to protect the population, not harass them for fun.

If an English Hippy Traveller can do it, where's your equivalent?

Please, all of you, at least have the courage of an English Hippy.

Make an official complaint. I'm sorry, that sounds like roll over and submit. Never submit.

edit on 11-3-2012 by Kester because: punctuation

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silenceme
I was flying Audubon bird researchers around Homestead, Florida in the early nineties. A DEA Helicopter began pursuing us. They actually tried to get above and in front of the King Air I was flying, and force us into a stall. I put the nose down and headed into a good sized thunderhead. They finally quit pursuing us. I have no doubt that this is the reason so many doctors and attorneys crash over south Florida. The DEA plays a cat and mouse game with recreational pilots. The Audubon wanted to sue, but the lawyers said it would be impossible to prove, and that the FED wouldn't pay anyways.

I am glad your okay. That must have been a life changer.

That is a cool story. Pilots always have cool stories. About the title of this thread, it is stupid. Nobody tried to kill anybody. No way.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
i read through the first 5 or so pages...

as a mother..... HOLY CRAP! i can completely understand your fear!!! i really hope someone wasn't screwing with you for their entertainment because that is sick. if you're in texas though... it does seem reasonable that someone thought they were having fun (i'm from texas).

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLastStand
reply to post by ValentineWiggin

don't be scared the next time that helicopter chases you, be ready, with a steel cable to tangle up the rotors with. Get a nice long one. tangle that sucker up, preferably use 1/4" or thicker cable. Don't bring your kid for the trip. Bait the copter in and take it out. Sounds like a drone was coming at you.

REALLY? that would kill the pilot AND her. have you seen one crash?? if she was close enough to it to tangle a rotor she would be killed. good grief.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Scary story. Here's a thought: You say you live in a rural area with woods in between fields. Is it possible that there are some pot crops in the area and those helicopters were trying to scare you away from discovering them?

When I lived in the desolate area by Ft. Hunter Liggett in central California, I had a whole squadron of helicopters buzzing my house. They flew so close the vibration knocked pictures off the wall.

I immediately wrote to my local congressman, and said that I (along with other homes in the area) were being buzzed and terrified by military helicopters, and that I was sending a copy of the letter to my lawyer, because if one of those copters crashed on my house and caused death and/or destruction, my family would file suit.

The congressman wrote back with his apologies and said he would talk to the base commander. It never happened again.

Anyway, if it was military, they're just being jerks. If it is private, suspect something nefarious is going on and they want you to stay away.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeAreAWAKE
Just some thoughts...first...glad you are OK. First, carry a camera or phone with a camera. Second, get two 2x4s and cut them to about 12 inches long each. A cable would be best, but rope will work...about 4 feet long...nail, screw or secure it between the 2x4s forming a capital letter "I". Now carry it around holding the two 2x4 pieces together and be prepared to throw it...and aim high...the rotors blow down. If you are high, it should be sucked into the blades.

Good luck

i really can't believe people are suggesting bringing a massive machine down that would have to be close enough to throw something at it. they don't come straight down when they crash (at least not all the time). this endangers the lives of everyone near the copter. it could explode and/or it could twist the rotors and make it head right for her.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
Scary story. Here's a thought: You say you live in a rural area with woods in between fields. Is it possible that there are some pot crops in the area and those helicopters were trying to scare you away from discovering them?

When I lived in the desolate area by Ft. Hunter Liggett in central California, I had a whole squadron of helicopters buzzing my house. They flew so close the vibration knocked pictures off the wall.

I immediately wrote to my local congressman, and said that I (along with other homes in the area) were being buzzed and terrified by military helicopters, and that I was sending a copy of the letter to my lawyer, because if one of those copters crashed on my house and caused death and/or destruction, my family would file suit.

The congressman wrote back with his apologies and said he would talk to the base commander. It never happened again.

Anyway, if it was military, they're just being jerks. If it is private, suspect something nefarious is going on and they want you to stay away.

you know what? that is a very reasonable explanation. they didn't want her wandering into something they didn't want her to see so they scared her off. that's the best possible explanation i've seen posted.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
First of all, I'm glad you and your son are safe.

I think the helicopter was piloted by someone who thought he/she could pilot one and had just stolen one and was out for a joy flight.

If you are able, go back to the site that the copter hit the ground and take photos and/or videos. Maybe you might get lucky and video the same helicopter doing the same thing. Also, video the area you first saw the craft. If it indeed hit the ground, measure the distance between runners and google the dimensions. It may help narrow the field of possible suspect craft.

When you have calmed down enough, get in a quiet place and document everything you can remember, like if the plexiglas was tinted, if it had front foot glass, what shade of blue, bubble shaped or streamlined - things like that. This will help an FAA investigation if it comes to that.

Good luck!
NF

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
You do not even know the situation going on. You are assuming they purposely tried to kill you. What if the pilot had a heart attack and it was going down because of it?

Did you call any local airfields and report it? Any local flight schools? There are avenues to take.....

I just dont understand the huge leap to attempted murder....
edit on March 10th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

Oh... following a what-if statement with another what-if statement. She shouldn't assume that it was something assaultive, but you are perfectly allowed to assume your explanations.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ValentineWiggin

Probably a mechanical failure or some kind of thermal pocket.

In the desert we would see Apaches drop down like a free fall , catch and then nearly stall and begin to spin in a clockwise patter in a wide turn and they would regain control.

Believe it or not , they actually do not know what causes this , they have ideas , but hasnt been proved yet.

The helicopter would actually be told to RTB because of the stress it put on the pilot or gunner ; made them combat ineffective.
edit on 11-3-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by bastardo

No, attempting to take off. Caused quite a stir here! Very mixed feelings about who was the most stupid of the two. Would expect pretty much universal agreement that avoiding rotors contacting anything is wise. Hence if the pilot is using the craft in an aggressive manner make it clear you're going to respond by aiming for his achilles heel. As I said in an earlier post probably suicide to do it so close but think of the effect on pilots in the future if they know acting this way is likely to result in their craft crashing. I'd say it's worth it. Due to past experience I have particularly strong feelings about dimwitted wannabees who use vehicles of any sort for intimidation. There's always a vulnerable spot. Think of the Finns with their bottles of petrol thrown at the russian tank's hot exhausts.

This guy nearly brought it down with his bare hands.

www.bridgingandcommercial.co.uk... ing_off_helicopter

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Typing " * takes a deep breath * ", makes me question this entire story.
Aside from that, the questionable aircraft did NOTHING that signified it was trying to actually kill you or your son.
Utter nonsense.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ValentineWiggin
Okay, Holy crap, I am still shaking so bad I can hardly type.

I am scared out of my mind. Every time I hear a plane or helicopter I break out into a cold sweat. This happened about twenty minutes ago.

PS- It was not a sprayer, I know those and it's not the time to be spraying right now.
edit on 10-3-2012 by ValentineWiggin because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-3-2012 by ValentineWiggin because: (no reason given)

just how many helicopters and planes did you see or hear in the past 20 minutes??

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but I am having a very hard time believing this actually happened, due to a few things.

I'm always skeptical when someone posts, seconds or minutes after something happened, saying, forgive me, i am still spooked and this may come out weird.
It's convenient you were in a wide open field, and why did you continue in the field, and not take into account the spinning death machine near you and not immediately run home with your young child?
Also, what mother takes their children away from the house without a working cell phone. Shouldn't you have called to report a helicopter in trouble? You just assume it's trying to kill you? Who thinks like that?
And the way it's presented sounds fishy also. There has been a lot of mysterious helicopter talk lately, so this would be easy to pick up off the forums.
The bottom line is that this post comes off as a fictional short story, not exposition. you said it happened 20 minutes before the post, this cannot possibly make sense, how were you questioned by police? How did you get home, get in the car, drive away and get somewhere safe? You should be comforting your terrified son and being with your family, not chatting on a lame online forum with a bunch of 14 year old Australian kids.

Something like this happens, you let your child loose in an open field with an erratic helicopter near by, and no cell phone on hand, then come home and ignore your family to talk about it with a bunch of nerds, something is more wrong there than a helicopter trying to kill you.

what is your motivation for a fake story? I don't know, but I'm sorry, I simply cannot believe these events unfolded as told here.
If this actually happened, all my apologies and condolences, but it is quite a suspicious story.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Crazy Story! I apologize for not reading your entire thread before posting, I got through a few pages and thought about this video.

I tend to agree with GEL about trying to rule out all possibilites before asserting the conclusion to be an attemp on your life.

The video I am posting shows some very extreme acrobatics by a remotely controlled helicopter and an R/C pilot who has incredible skills, at the top of his game when compared to any other elite r/c pilot.

Before you watch this, I want to let you know I am not speculating that this coper was a scale model, controlled remotely.

I am not even saying it is a remote controlled, full size craft, though I suppose it could be, since I didn't get to see the chooper you encountered, first hand.

I am suggesting and questioning whether the technology applied in this stunt r/c copter may have already been applied to a full sized, possibly manned heli.

If it has been applied to a full size helicopter, it may be impossible for the pilots to maneuver the craft in a way that is portrayed in the video below, but it may be able to mimic some of the extraordinary flight capabilities...

YoutTube SOURCE

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
ever consider the possability what you saw was a ufo camaflagued to look like a helicopter? We have similiar incidents happen to us at skinwalker ranch. the truth of the matter is the occupants are not human and it flies like no known conventional helicopter.

heres a photo i took of one... these will buzz your head and act very aggresively towards the viewer.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
You are out of your mind. The two seat type would be used for lessons(and is cheaper) The person that was flying erratically was taking a lesson, or the friend of some person that had a small chopper and was 'giving it a go'. When you say right there, you 'mean' 20-50 feet over-head. If someone wanted to scare you there are better and far easier ways. If someone wanted to 'Get' you...there are many more ratinial ways to do so. At the end of your thought train ask your self this... What makes you think that you matter enough for anyone to want to ever 'Get' you? Is your ego so huge that you think that 'you' of all people, are on the top in a list of people the goverment is worried about? Rouge military type? I don't think so... but If I entertain the thought "what type of person would use a helicopter to chase down a mother and child to scare or kill them?" there is only ONE type of person..... "Racist right wing Militia type, that thinks he found him self an Obama supporter"

edit * all of this is assuming you can tell the difference between a toy helicopter and a f%^% real one...
edit on 11-3-2012 by R4inM4n because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Just trying to scare you, probably bored, I don't think they were trying to kill you unless they started shooting. I once had a helicopter tail me very low while driving out of the desert in the evening. I came to a complete stop and it flew off. Maybe they were trying to view my license plate for whatever reason.
edit on 11-3-2012 by bigrex because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised to find out it's some type of new gaming technology that's being tested.
My guess is, somewhere out there, there is a gamer that is learning a new chopper game but is totally unaware that his actions are actually controlling one of these helicopters in real life and in real time.
Just a matter of time before the virtual world binds with reality.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join