It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Helicopter Tried To Kill My Son and I

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Okay, Holy crap, I am still shaking so bad I can hardly type.

*takes a deep breath*

So I live on a huge network of farmlands. Farm houses are connected by massive fields and tree lines. I am surrounded by empty fields right now, nothing but dirt, my son and I often ramble around out in the wide open for fresh air and sun.

I often see military helicopters off in the distance, huge obviously military copters. This is nothing unusual. Today we were walking way out in the middle of the field, far from my back door, when off in the distance two fields down probably I saw a small blue helicopter in the sky, what looked to be a personal copter for maybe two people (I don't know much about helicopters other than what is military and what isn't).

I watched this helicopter for a minute, then it started to fly erratically, all over the place, dipping down sharply and going up sharply. It started descending almost vertically and FAST, I thought to myself oh #, this copter is about to crash!

I waited to hear it, and never did. My son and I kept walking further out into the field. A few minutes later I saw it low in the sky over our field. I pointed it out to my THREE year old son "Hey baby look at the helicopter! Can you say helicopter?" he ignored me and ran ahead, we are in a huge wide open field, keep that in mind.

Fear started to creep into my bones. Don't over react, its just manuevering, it's fine. It squared up head on with my child and I and started to descend. I ran ahead and grabbed my child by the shoulders, holding him still. It came STRAIGHT down, I mean sharply, I thought oh # it's going to crash right here in front of us. It touched about fifteen feet away.

As I completely picked my child up and threw him over my shoulder I could practically see the bugs on the front of this thing. It came straight towards us, FAST, and literally touched the dirt spraying it on us. The copter did not come down in a way of which it could have landed, it came nose down like it would crash. I ran faster than I ever had in my entire life. I ran with him over my shoulder all the way back to our backyard, turned around and looked. It was ascending almost vertically straight up into the sky.

I watched it circle in a way that I have never seen a helicopter move and come down in this same manner in the backyard two houses down, it came straight up again and in a panic I dashed into the house, grabbed my phone, put my child in the front seat of the car and started driving. If this thing came back I didnt know what else to do than get in the car and drive. I really thought it might hit my home.

I called 911 and told them. They sent a police officer who questioned me about the color and the numbers. Of course in my fight or flight dash for the house I did not sit around and look at the numbers on a copter I was sure would kill us. The cop said he couldn't do anything about the numbers.

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I am scared out of my mind. Every time I hear a plane or helicopter I break out into a cold sweat. This happened about twenty minutes ago.

PS- It was not a sprayer, I know those and it's not the time to be spraying right now.
edit on 10-3-2012 by ValentineWiggin because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-3-2012 by ValentineWiggin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ValentineWiggin

Glad you and your kid got out without physical trauma. Scary stuff.

+7 more 
posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Okay any other time and I would say you're over reacting BUT this same thing just happened to me. I live in a small town in MS, I just got back from the park running. This copter which seemed to only be a two seater was acting erratic dipping and diving at the people in the park. It would then fly away but it would come back minutes later and do the same thing. I really didn't think anything of it until you mentioned this.....now I'm puzzled!!

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Don't panic
It sounds like they were trying to scare you and succeeded
Rouge military types are not unusual
They may well have thought it was great fun or using you as part of some practice
My friend had military police from a top secret base try freak him and let him know they knew he had parked outside their gates out of curiosity - they even traced him to his work and contacted his Masonic boss.
Keep clear of them they are not nice people but probably know you are no threat
Again they do this sort of thing on purpose to freak people - little things please little minds etc

link   

That certainly is a freaky story.
I guess you did all you could and reporting it to the police was a good move too. I'm not so sure about the "can't do a thing without its number" but they could be right too. All I could suggest is to keep an eye out for it in the future and try and get a picture. Have you seen these kind of choppers before? Do any kind of agencies need to keep records of chopper activity in the same way that other org's monitor aircraft? That might be something worth looking into but maybe others here can help on that side of things.

Glad you are both okay. Be safe, be vigilant.

link   

Originally posted by chrismicha77
Okay any other time and I would say you're over reacting BUT this same thing just happened to me. I live in a small town in MS, I just got back from the park running. This copter which seemed to only be a two seater was acting erratic dipping and diving at the people in the park. It would then fly away but it would come back minutes later and do the same thing. I really didn't think anything of it until you mentioned this.....now I'm puzzled!!

I know that you are absolutely freaking terrified, I mean...I don't even know what to say.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Wow, that is a strange ordeal to go through. That is one I have never heard before, buzzing at people with a helicoptor is dangerous. I hope they catch the maniacs.

+12 more 
posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
First off, you should google " helicopters " as "images" try and find the one you seen on an image, that way you can determine the model and fuel capacity. If there are no landing strips within fuel time allowance then its something within your area. It shouldn't be to hard to find within in area like what you have described. All you need to do is let your fingers do the walking within the web and the rest will come. /ie. distance of fuel time allowed, diameter of range and then you will find the owner.

link
edit on 10-3-2012 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by artistpoet
Don't panic
It sounds like they were trying to scare you and succeeded
Rouge military types are not unusual
They may well have thought it was great fun or using you as part of some practice
My friend had military police from a top secret base try freak him and let him know they knew he had parked outside their gates out of curiosity - they even traced him to his work and contacted his Masonic boss.
Keep clear of them they are not nice people but probably know you are no threat
Again they do this sort of thing on purpose to freak people - little things please little minds etc

Whoever it is, is freaking sick. You do NOT scare a mother that way, you do NOT make a mother afraid for her child's life. This was absolutely TWISTED and I cannot believe that a human being is capable of it. How dare someone make me afraid to walk in my own field. In my own yard. Afraid to be in MY OWN house. Whoever it was scared me enough that my son was scared from the look on my face. I am livid, what do you mean by rogue military type? Who are these people?

link   

First off, glad you and your son are fine other than the stress you felt. You said you could see the bugs on the front. Could you see the pilot/passenger and if so, did they look panicked?

link   
You could "practically see bugs on the front of it" but no numbers?

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

See vid above

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver

That certainly is a freaky story.
I guess you did all you could and reporting it to the police was a good move too. I'm not so sure about the "can't do a thing without its number" but they could be right too. All I could suggest is to keep an eye out for it in the future and try and get a picture. Have you seen these kind of choppers before? Do any kind of agencies need to keep records of chopper activity in the same way that other org's monitor aircraft? That might be something worth looking into but maybe others here can help on that side of things.

Glad you are both okay. Be safe, be vigilant.

I mean don't they keep track of who is flying? If I ever see this thing again I will run. I'm sorry. I have never seen a chopper like this before, EVER. I will have to see about the records of chopper activity, I wouldn't even know where to start calling!?

+33 more 
posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Someone could have been learning to fly....

My mom flies helicopters and her and her instructors have sat around and told me all kinds of stories of people learning and nearly crashing....

Or the pilot could have had something physically wrong (like a heart attack or something) with him and a co-pilot stepped in to help and recovered before crashing....

So far, there is nothing that says they purposely tried to kill you.

Choppers crash all the time and it is never on purpose....

Im sure it did scare you, but I wouldnt jump soooooooooooo far to say they were trying to kill you. That is a mighty big leap to take before ruling out other normal things.
edit on March 10th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

link   

Of course they are sick yet do not represent the honorable and good folk in the military
I am so sorry you experienced this
This is just not right

+35 more 
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
You could "practically see bugs on the front of it" but no numbers?

Yeah, dude. Don't even start with me, you can take this ridiculous trolling elsewhere I am not in the mood to be messed with. You have no idea the terror I just experienced so shut your freaking trap.

I was frozen in a panic and it was HEAD ON. I am under the assumption that numbers are on the side, it was the last thing I was thinking of.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Well,if i was in your shoes,and if i had a rifle,or even a pistol-i would shoot at(warning shots) it if it came back and harassed us further and endangered my child.Bit drastic,i suppose.Stick close to your house and if it does return,get the number.Phone 911.And then shoot at it. (Dont sound like the weirdo idiot flying it has any concern for his own safety,anyway,leave alone you or your child's.)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

I wonder if you could take a couple minutes in Google, on the Image side of the Search Engine to find one that most closely resembles make and model? That might help everyone in figuring out who or what that was....

If I were the victim, as you've been, I might also strongly consider a complaint call with a letter to follow with the local office of the FAA. I'd also consider some calls out to local Airports to inquire about it, if we can help identify make and model as a certain thing. How many can there be with the same color scheme? One of your local airports ought to recognize your description as something they know from their own flight line. Municipal airports is where I'd think first.

Here is hoping that with everyone helping? ...We might get at least narrow down what it could and couldn't have been.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet
www.youtube.com...

See vid above

It was like that but way faster and it practically nose dived towards us.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
Someone could have been learning to fly....

My mom flies helicopters and her and her instructors have sat around and told me all kinds of stories of people learning and nearly crashing....

Or the pilot could have had something physically wrong (like a heart attack or something) with him and a co-pilot stepped in to help and recovered before crashing....

So far, there is nothing that says they purposely tried to kill you.

Choppers crash all the time and it is never on purpose....

Im sure it did scare you, but I wouldnt jump soooooooooooo far to say they were trying to kill you. That is a mighty big leap to take before ruling out other normal things.
edit on March 10th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

I felt my life was threatened. That's enough to have someone arrested for Assault and Battery 3rd degree, so yeah.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join