It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Helicopter Tried To Kill My Son and I

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by charlyv
I went through most of these pages as well.

My guess is that it may have been a radio controlled helicopter. Now, I know it may sound ridiculous, but there are advances in microprocessor controllers today, bought cheaply in fact, that can actually make it possible for an amateur engineer to interface the main controls of a fly-by-wire helicopter and possibly make it work via a remote radio link with some on-board video cameras.

Flying a helicopter remotely, using some crude signal sensing, and limited feedback with a few video cameras would certainly explain the erratic behavior you witnessed. There may be some rich idiot, or for that matter a serious terrorist that is trying to remotely control a helicopter. To test it, it would certainly be done in a remote area with chances of hitting something rather remote if it crashed.

This is one reason you have to try and identify where that person lives. If is it indeed a remote controlled machine, the main source of control will be very close. Amateur equipment would make it very difficult to control a machine from a long distance, like similar military technology. It is a longshot, but the only reason that I could think that someone would want to successfully remote control a helicopter is for bad things, not good. You need to find out where this copter is and alert the authorities. I would even go as far as hiring a small aircraft pilot to do an increasing radial sweep with you some day, out to say 1 or 2 miles from where this happened. The helicopter may be kept under a tent or in a barn, but you may catch it in the open.

Good Luck.

edit on 11-3-2012 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

They do that with full sized helicopters?

Wow. I suppose that's possible.

I'm thinking though that this was an isolated event. For her and the kiddo's peace of mind, I certainly hope so!

I sort of thought that if she tries the scarecrow thing, that they will sooner sleep better at night. But this is really fresh apparently!

I'd be a little wigged out too!

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
She posted a picture of a Bell 206 Jetranger.
edit on 3/11/2012 by defcon5 because: (no reason given)

Indeed she did, but she re-posted the video of the American Eurocopter A350.

Originally posted by ValentineWiggin
Most like this

This video is of an American Eurocopter AS350.
Did it look like this?

Here is a link to one that is for sale in Texas
aerocontroller.com...

I'm glad to read that you and your son are OK.
I was just wondering, do you remember if any of the pilots had helmets on?
And for the nay sayers, perhaps if your neighbors were inclined to become ATS members, they could add their account of what they heard or saw as well.
edit on 11-3-2012 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by akalepos

Originally posted by charlyv
I went through most of these pages as well.

My guess is that it may have been a radio controlled helicopter. Now, I know it may sound ridiculous, but there are advances in microprocessor controllers today, bought cheaply in fact, that can actually make it possible for an amateur engineer to interface the main controls of a fly-by-wire helicopter and possibly make it work via a remote radio link with some on-board video cameras.

Flying a helicopter remotely, using some crude signal sensing, and limited feedback with a few video cameras would certainly explain the erratic behavior you witnessed. There may be some rich idiot, or for that matter a serious terrorist that is trying to remotely control a helicopter. To test it, it would certainly be done in a remote area with chances of hitting something rather remote if it crashed.

This is one reason you have to try and identify where that person lives. If is it indeed a remote controlled machine, the main source of control will be very close. Amateur equipment would make it very difficult to control a machine from a long distance, like similar military technology. It is a longshot, but the only reason that I could think that someone would want to successfully remote control a helicopter is for bad things, not good. You need to find out where this copter is and alert the authorities. I would even go as far as hiring a small aircraft pilot to do an increasing radial sweep with you some day, out to say 1 or 2 miles from where this happened. The helicopter may be kept under a tent or in a barn, but you may catch it in the open.

Good Luck.

edit on 11-3-2012 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

They do that with full sized helicopters?

Wow. I suppose that's possible.

I'm thinking though that this was an isolated event. For her and the kiddo's peace of mind, I certainly hope so!

I sort of thought that if she tries the scarecrow thing, that they will sooner sleep better at night. But this is really fresh apparently!

I'd be a little wigged out too!

Yes, it can be done. This kind of thing , even if it turns out this particular event is not remote, is becoming serious business. Small radio controlled drones are everywhere now, and if you contemplate the fact that even a small aircraft/helo can be controlled remotely, they essentially all use the same flight surfaces big or small. A helo needs cyclic, collective, torque and throttle. An aircraft need ailerons, rudder, elevator and throttle. It's gonna be a wild wild adventure soon, seeing that you can purchase a few arduino controllers, radio equipment , cameras and servo's cheaply that can make this a reality for non-professionals. Scary Scary.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
Someone could have been learning to fly....

My mom flies helicopters and her and her instructors have sat around and told me all kinds of stories of people learning and nearly crashing....

Or the pilot could have had something physically wrong (like a heart attack or something) with him and a co-pilot stepped in to help and recovered before crashing....

So far, there is nothing that says they purposely tried to kill you.

Choppers crash all the time and it is never on purpose....

Im sure it did scare you, but I wouldnt jump soooooooooooo far to say they were trying to kill you. That is a mighty big leap to take before ruling out other normal things.
edit on March 10th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

This makes a lot of sense especially since they sat down in yards and then rose again, something wrong I would think.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

This bordering on hijacking the thread, but I would like to know if one could get that same equipment and use it as a disruptor of sorts to mess up a helo or drone's master signal.

Just a thought...

sorry for asking, its really off topic, I know.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by akalepos
reply to post by charlyv

This bordering on hijacking the thread, but I would like to know if one could get that same equipment and use it as a disruptor of sorts to mess up a helo or drone's master signal.

Just a thought...

sorry for asking, its really off topic, I know.

The radio equipment used by amateur types would be very non-secure and easily jammed by even talking or putting out a sound on the same frequency at elevated power. Most of this off-shelf equipment transmits and receives in the 2.4Ghz range, but that could be easily modified to an illegal frequency if they had some EE knowledge.

BTW: There is no hijacking of the thread going on here. Information that extrudes from information is coherent and traceable in content. That was a good question.
edit on 11-3-2012 by charlyv because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
clearly someone is trying to end the Wiggin line,
rewrite history so that we do not xenocide the Buggers.

going through the thread a couple of details strike me as quite odd
not in your story but in your experience...

if it was a medical blah blah blah, would they not have stopped the chopper the first time they went down?
"oh no! having a heart attack! quick, land!..... wait, false alarm, let's go to the next field" ?

you and your son got dirt splashed on you.... which means it definitely touched the ground... and not only that but was still moving forward.. my understanding of aviation and physics and similar is that would cause it to crash in a much bigger way than simply throwing out some dirt and carrying on to the next field.

which brings me to another point, it touched down in three sequential fields, at least two of which were occupied... if they are practicing their auto rotations why would they not stay in one field? especially when there are clearly houses nearby, as the neighbours were inside and thought it would crash into them.
doesn't seem a particularly responsible way to go about practicing your emergency procedures.

one final thing.. i expected there to be 'debunkers' when i read the OP, but some of you appear to be attempting to turn rudeness into an art form. i wish there was a way to take stars away.
try for some empathy, dudes. it won't kill you.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
When a person is faced with an event such as you describe, the fight-or-flight system kicks in ... adrenaline flows and all kinds of chemicals and hormones are released that, unfortunately, erode our cognitive functions and distort our memories. That's why eye-witness testimony is so unreliable ... And as a mother with her child, you were not only in fear for your own safety, but that of your child. Let's face it, you were amped up and are probably even now.

Forget about these folks who are questioning the authenticity of your post. Take a break from the thread. Give it 24 hours. Collect your thoughts. Listen to those who are apparently knowledgeable about the subject matter relating to helicopter flight and report it to the authorities too which they have directed you. Listen to those who are giving you sound, reasonable advice.

And for the love of Mike, if you are determined to purchase a firearm, don't point it at anyone unless you actually believe your life (or your child's life) is in imminent danger. And even then, you'd better be able to use it. Killing another human being ain't so easy as some people make out.

Good day.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Wow Mam....what an experience. Sorry that happened to you.

By they way you described the copters maneuvers reminded me of this...must see.
www.youtube.com...

You have two choices....forget it...or become an investigator visiting every airport and calling every air related agency possible....if you have the time. I would...to a point then write it off. Always watching my back for copter after lol.

I can totally see some throttle jockey buzzing you for fun....in their mind they think you might like it and or its not a big deal. If its that close next time just throw a rock.

but dont forget the numbers....for an airplane its 1000ft. If you can read the numbers its too low...for helo i have no idea.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Another10Pin
When a person is faced with an event such as you describe, the fight-or-flight system kicks in ... adrenaline flows and all kinds of chemicals and hormones are released that, unfortunately, erode our cognitive functions and distort our memories. That's why eye-witness testimony is so unreliable ... And as a mother with her child, you were not only in fear for your own safety, but that of your child. Let's face it, you were amped up and are probably even now.

Forget about these folks who are questioning the authenticity of your post. Take a break from the thread. Give it 24 hours. Collect your thoughts. Listen to those who are apparently knowledgeable about the subject matter relating to helicopter flight and report it to the authorities too which they have directed you. Listen to those who are giving you sound, reasonable advice.

And for the love of Mike, if you are determined to purchase a firearm, don't point it at anyone unless you actually believe your life (or your child's life) is in imminent danger. And even then, you'd better be able to use it. Killing another human being ain't so easy as some people make out.

Good day.

But, if you see no one in the pilot seats , a nice hit in the tail rotor will make sure it spins to the ground and won't come at ya.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ValentineWiggin

Glad you're O.K.

Sounds like the pilot had a heavy dose of the (legal) substances pilots and others were using at the beginning of the Iraq invasion.

A friend lived in a dome. He painted it silver. Every low flying fighter jet training in that valley flew directly over it. He painted it dull green and the flyovers stopped. Many stories of improper flight manoeuvres in Wales and elsewhere in Britain. One I will mention. A flyby that endangered 800 year old Durham Cathedral. R.A.F. response to complaints was "How do you know it was one of ours? Did you get the number?"

Unlikely we could walk around 24/7 prepared to defend ourselves against life threatening behaviour such as this and probably suicide, a heavy chain thrown into the rotors may at least prevent that piece of tax payers property being used to endanger women and children in the future.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Probably reckless trainee pilots having fun in the most convoluted manner.

Such thing actually happened in UK and these trainees scaring the crap out of people in farms and flying extremely low. It was recorded in the black box and they having some reckless fun. Eventually, they crashed.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvilBat

Originally posted by amongus

Edit to add: Correction, the OP had time to run for her life, THEN get in her car and drive (where, how long). Then call 911. Then wait for the police to get there. Then give a statement. Then calm her kids down from this event. Then drive home because she had been out driving. Then log on to ATS (instead of calling friends or family, or doing ANY sort of local research FIRST) and posts a huge thread. Oh, all of this happened in 20 Minute time frame.

BS
edit on 10-3-2012 by amongus because: (no reason given)

I bet Oswald can do it. ::rolls eyes::

------

Op just contact the local FAA on Monday
and Don't shoot at anything in the sky. If you did that then they ( authority ) would favor them
and most likely label you as a home grown terrorist and all the goodies that comes with that.

If you called the police then they will also have the date and time you called to help your case.

If its your land , I "think"you can request for them NOT to touch and go on it. "Unless emergency"

Oswald did it.And it's been proven.But seriously to compare her experience to the kennedy assasination is hysterical
Not even close to the same thing dude.

edit on 11-3-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ahnggk
Eventually, they crashed.

Glad to hear it ended happily.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Glad you are both alright, and WOW, that's horrifying! Did it look at all like a military craft? Seriously hope not, but if so, contact whatever base they fly out of near you. If that was military, they WILL be busted for that if reported. Even if not, they might know who else flies in the area, as there would probably be some idea who they have to avoid while in the air. At least it's a starting point. Meanwhile, would recommend a video camera, with good zoom, so if they show back up, you can record at a safe distance. Would also recommend a GUN. Someone attacks you like that, it's self defense if you shoot them down. That is seriously messed up!

No matter what the cops said, i can't believe they have no idea who this was! They have to be able to know who is flying around there. At the least, they could provide a list of helicopter types in the area, let you see if one looks like what you saw.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Sorry to hear about your story. I have been flying in the Navy as an aircrewman for about 5 years now. The military's arsenal of helicopters is limited to about 10. I'll post pics of all the main military helicopters and hopefully you can identify one of them. Also I looked through the thread and saw a lot of Civilian pictures of helicopters. I saw one diagram of helo's but take a look at these. Hope this helps.....

Based on your picture I i'm thinking these first few are the closest to it.

KIOWA OH-58

AH-6 little Bird

AH-Z1

AH-64

MH-60S (top) / PAVEHAWK (bottom)

MH-46

MH-53

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   
A year or two ago there was a dumb ass in a privite plane that thought it would be fun to dive at boats on Lake Erie. He was caught and they took his liscens away.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   

What a terrifying story. That happened to me too but in my case it was a small plane. I thought it was going to kill me. I also phoned the police. I guessed at the time, and it might be the same in your case, that the pilots were joy-riding and showing off.

I know exactly the date of my experience. It was the day before 911 that I thought I was going to be killed by a plane, in my own back garden.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   

I am scared out of my mind. Every time I hear a plane or helicopter I break out into a cold sweat. This happened about twenty minutes ago.

This happened 20 mins before you posted, and in that time you called 911, drove away from the house, returned, had a cop come over and investigate, leave again and then still had time to type and post this?

And in these 20 mins you also heard other planes and helicopters making you break out into sweats?

This all happened 20 mins before your post, you feared for yours and your son´s life, and 20 mins later you are on ATS telling the story?

edit on 11-3-2012 by bastardo because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-3-2012 by bastardo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ValentineWiggin

While I have been contemplating getting a firearm, today has sealed the deal.

I missed the blue part of the description. I've been telling people for some time that some of the little black harassment choppers are now painted blue. I guess so much harassement has been witnessed they had to make a change because so many people are now aware that the black helicopter thing is real. I used to get a fair bit of helicopter harassement because of my extreme 9/11 truth stunts. Believe me, they are extreme! They'd do things like shadow me on my journey, go ahead and buzz my destination before I arrived, then shadow me back home. One time I missed a turning while they were buzzing the house I was going to, they came looking for me and crossed the road low as I was turning around. When I reached the house the totally innocent, (craft materials supplier), woman said, "I've lived here ten years and I've never had a helicopter so low over the house before".

That type of behaviour makes me think it's partly training and partly saying, "We're listening to your phone calls and we can get you anytime". On another occasion we broke down and phoned for breakdown assistance. Before the breakdown truck arrived a helicopter flew over and had a look at us. Fortunately I had a large sign with the web address of a site that exposes this kind of thing in the car so I jumped out and held the sign up to them. Those kind of order-followers are instructed not to look at certain websites, there was a pause long enough for their superiors to see through their video link what the sign said and tell them to leave then off they went.

The most absurd one was my wife getting followed to the supermarket, they hovered over the car park while she did her shopping then followed her back home. Fortunately she had a VERY tough upbringing and that kind of thing doesn't bother her. She'd bring one down with a chain if she could. If they've declared war on their own people they have to accept getting burned to death in asymmetric warfare is a probable result.

A few years back we had a lot of military helicopter traffic following the motorway. I don't know if they were training to pick up groups of travellers or training for navigating without gps etc. Maybe both. I've seen a little more of that recently.

Here in Britain shotguns are the most common firearms. If you haven't got suitable ammo, cut shells are probably best for bringing down traitors.

I'm not a movie watcher but.....

You could always give uncle Bruce a call.

edit on 11-3-2012 by Kester because: missed a word

edit on 11-3-2012 by Kester because: punctuation

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join