It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Helicopter Tried To Kill My Son and I

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
I was flying Audubon bird researchers around Homestead, Florida in the early nineties. A DEA Helicopter began pursuing us. They actually tried to get above and in front of the King Air I was flying, and force us into a stall. I put the nose down and headed into a good sized thunderhead. They finally quit pursuing us. I have no doubt that this is the reason so many doctors and attorneys crash over south Florida. The DEA plays a cat and mouse game with recreational pilots. The Audubon wanted to sue, but the lawyers said it would be impossible to prove, and that the FED wouldn't pay anyways.

I am glad your okay. That must have been a life changer.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
I would of blown the dust out of my .40 and made the headline news and maybe ATS...LOL

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Doctor Tastic prescribes tall poles with wires connecting them at the top, and a large gauge shot gun.

3 times a day.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I used to watch similar up-down behavior to what you describe from practicing helo guys. Fixed wing guys like me call them cowboys...

It's called auto rotation and is an emergency engine failure procedure.

Should not be performed anywhere near you though, perhaps they lost control?

edit: And no I haven't read the rest of the thread.
edit on 11/3/12 by GhostR1der because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ValentineWiggin

Originally posted by Carseller4
You could "practically see bugs on the front of it" but no numbers?

Yeah, dude. Don't even start with me, you can take this ridiculous trolling elsewhere I am not in the mood to be messed with. You have no idea the terror I just experienced so shut your freaking trap.

I was frozen in a panic and it was HEAD ON. I am under the assumption that numbers are on the side, it was the last thing I was thinking of.

Excellent reply, it should have been clear enough that you were looking at the windscreen for two reasons

1. The brain says that's the control point so you instinctively look there first

2. It was what was directly in front of you so you could not see the sides.

There was no need to try and troll what had just happened.

Sounds like you had a seriously bad day, as a parent myself I'm glad to hear your child was safe and sound like yourself, it does not sound like a learner as an unskilled learner would not be able to target you as that heli did.

I hope this is a once in a life time experience, give it time and you will feel safe I hope, sounds like you live in a lovely area, don't let it put you off exploring it for long.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I'm sorry to hear that happening...good thing you weren't hurt.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Okay this is just freaky stuff. At first I thought it might be too impossible, only to read on that similar things have happened to others... keep safe people!

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ValentineWiggin

I heard an interview with a caller about helicopters flying over his house after conversations with a friend of his. He and his friend were discussing our "government" and the deceit. The caller said twice just after he got off the phone with his friend, a helicopter began to buzz his house.

I live in Mississippi, too, but haven't noticed any strange choppers.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

The bugs comment is just a saying. realize and give her a break. this is a crazy story and makes me pretty anxious. I just had a weird ass dream I was being tortured and these people were trying to kill me and there were owls everywhere for some reason look at me. weird. still creeped out,

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
If the Op's story is correct, you should report it to the FAA . I'm sure they could track down who was flying around while that happened to you.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Deadly combination of overzealous helicopter pilot showing off his skills with overreacting mother protecting her kid. I've never heard of helicopters chopping down pedestrians with their rotor blades in flight.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

you dont see the reason for the huge leap to claiming it tried to kill her? I mean, its right there in her avatar.. All the information to sum up why she jumped to that conclusion is right there.. Plus, saying a helicopter flew near you wont get as many flags as it tried to kill you. "starving for attention that I just can lose.. Friday night theres going to be, another...." -sublime

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
"that plane's dustin where there ain't no crops"
But seriously I think it is likley that it was just an [snip] pilot.
edit on 11-3-2012 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by amongusthe OP had time to run for her life, THEN get in her car and drive (where, how long). Then call 911. Then wait for the police to get there. Then give a statement. Then calm her kids down from this event. Then drive home because she had been out driving. Then log on to ATS (instead of calling friends or family, or doing ANY sort of local research FIRST) and posts a huge thread. Oh, all of this happened in 20 Minute time frame.

BS

Look people often have trouble with time frame in a crisis.

I'm inclined to believe there was an incident - that is to say something happened. However, I also feel it's more likely that the OP has been reading too many conspiracy theories or watching too many movies and has terribly misunderstood the event or, worse, blown the episode totally out of proportion.

It's like if I accidentally rear end someone's bumper and they jump out of the car screaming hysterically that I'm trying to kill them.

And I do hate that this is the main story on the front page. It makes us all look a little silly.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by ValentineWiggin

" I waited to hear it, and never did."

Are you saying you never heard any noise from the helicopter at any point?

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ValentineWiggin

I watched this helicopter for a minute, then it started to fly erratically, all over the place, dipping down sharply and going up sharply. It started descending almost vertically and FAST, I thought to myself oh #, this copter is about to crash! I waited to hear it, and never did. My son and I kept walking further out into the field. A few minutes later I saw it low in the sky over our field. I pointed it out to my THREE year old son "Hey baby look at the helicopter! Can you say helicopter?" he ignored me and ran ahead, we are in a huge wide open field, keep that in mind.

Seems a bit odd that one minute you fear a crash then the next you are pointing at it telling your son to pronounce it. If I am honest what you have written sounds like you have put lots of effort into telling an interesting story. I personally think it was a dream or you are over exaggerat*ing a low flying helicopter. Bear in mind it takes a huge amount of skill to be flying a helicopter that low to the ground to be able to reach you.
edit on 11-3-2012 by OwenGP185 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Was skipping through the pages and nobody has seemed to ask...

Have you called the police?

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Wow, I am pleased you and your son are OK, And just ignore the timing questions, When your scared silly your judgement alterers and remembering timing is usually the hardest part.

I believe you but I do think that they were not trying to kill you, Probably just idiots playing a stupid game with you, Or maybe they just didn't see you until the last minute.

I am not surprised you are scared I can definitely say I would be, Keep phoning them numbers, A complaint definitely needs to be made.

And in the mean time maybe you should go and visit a friend, Have a cup of coffee and a natter and try to relax a bit.

Take care

JC

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I've been playing too much battlefield 3... I instantly thought of the MAV helicopter erratically flying everywhere. hmm.. battle FIELD, THREE. Anyone see what I did there?

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join