It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Helicopter Tried To Kill My Son and I

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Hi Val!

I went through most of these pages and that is an astounding story. Yes, I believe you.

I have to focus on that chopper's actions and I'm with some people in that there may have been dificulties with that helo.

BUT a person having difficulties that has a brain in the head would never cross over fields purposefully to veer toward people out in the open.

The phone pursuit you will be making Monday and the following FAA complaint are the right path IMO.

But I have some other stuff.

You could if you like, create a couple of scare crows that would look real from the air. Place them about 200 to 250 yards from the house and then just observe to see if there is any sort of repeat. Its a good way to test a theory that there is some ass in a helo out there messing with ranchers/farmers.

In reference to your new desire to get a firearm of some sort, in reflection of what the target is, and for general purpose I would like to make some suggetsions, if I might.

If you are thinking about a pistol, probably only a 45 will have enough impact to effect the helo. But the problem is that beyond 50 yards there will be some accuracy problems unless you get practice practice and more practice.. At 100 yards you will need to aim about 10 to 20 feet above the target. And... fifty yards would be a little too close to send a large chunk of metal with fuel into the dirt. Shoot for the gear box under the rotors. A pistol for a helo is probably not the answer.

If a rifle, get a .308/7.62 nato it will definitely tear the helo to holy crap. an ar10 or m1a will definitely do it. Get training and pad one of your jean jackets or something else for your shoulder. Of course, in all cases get training with your weapon from someone. Know how to use your weapon right...

If a shot gun, I would suggest a 12 guage auto loader. Use #8 bird shot for the glass front for the first shot as a warning with nothing but 00 (double ought) behind it. It will take it down as well, especially if the pilot is stupid enough to think he'll get bold.

Remember this... lead it away from or at an angle from the house. If you were to be able to take it down when it is coming towards the house in a straight line, you may lose your house in the resulting crash. So you want it hitting open dirt.

You are in Texas yes?

Call the sherriff and let him know, when it is in the area, and that you are armed (at that time), and will protect your home and family and property with the use of deadly force if he cannot send some one out to protect you and witness the events. Be cordial but sound committed. They will, in most cases, do the right thing.

This is solid advice. I hope you never have to use it.

Hopefully, Monday's phone calls will take care of everything, and I tend to agree with those who also think that.

Is this isolated as an event or have you seen those same type helos out there goofing around in other areas?

I am asking because I am hoping that this is a completely isolated event, and you'll never experience this again.

Take care girl!
edit on 10-3-2012 by akalepos because: misspelling... there's probably more

edit on 11-3-2012 by akalepos because: revision

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ValentineWiggin

one day 3 helicopters scared the heck out of me and my wife,
my heart just raced hearing your story.
In our case, after week of calling Border patrol, Homeland security, all claiming they had no idea,
it was another pilot that told us the story.
Nat Geo the magazine, was doing a story and they were showing off for the cameras.
That explained to us why they had dropped men off on the mountain right before they began what we call a
20 minute attack on our house.
Our neighbor called during the event asking what did you guys do, you alright, it scared her, and she was
2 miles away watching that day.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Your very close though. The only way you do this is with the new UH 60. Ive done it and wow , incredible power in the new version. The biggest error in Iraq and Afghanistan, allowing Rotor RPM to get to low. 2nd is Slowing below translational lift before touchdown. Everyone complained about getting the RPS up faster, so Sikorsky installed the T-700-GE-701D engines.

edit on 11-3-2012 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
I hate it when I doubt someones story. But this is so unlikely. Together with what is written in your location, I have to wonder if this is just proof that you are bored to death. I hope I'm wrong and you can give something that
I can take as proof for this happening to you. Please don't hate on me for being skeptical but you wouldn't be the first person on ATS who was just dying from boredom. I admit I haven't read thru the whole thread so I might have missed something. The reason I hate my doubt is because I have some of my own unbelievables. But I can be positive of those. I'd like to be positive of yours.

You aren't alone in doubting it.I do too as do a few others on here who've said so.Her op makes no sense.And if what she says did happen,then I agree with others who've said it wasn't trying to kill her.Something had to have happened to the pilot.Or perhaps to the helicopter to make it do what she says it did.I know that if this wasn't in the gray area or if the op wasn't female there'd be a hell of a lot more negative replies.Seriously op,do you truly believe that a helicopter pilot would put your kid in danger on purpose?What do you think happened they saw you in the field and said "hey,let's go mess with them and try to scare them!"

No,it doesn't happen that way.I see that you've contacted places.I'm curious to what you can find out come Monday.Hope you give us an update.
edit on 11-3-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Valentine, You said that it was so near you that you could see the bugs on this Chopper, and it sprayed dirt all over you two. Did you by chance catch a glimpse of the pilot or anyone else? Maybe some markings on the body of the Heli?

It just seems like it's open country out where you are, so why would they even navigate it anywhere near any pedestrians or homes? Have you spoken to your neighbors where this Chopper supposedly landed? Just trying to understand the facts and timeline concerning the scenario my friend. ~SheopleNation

edit on 11-3-2012 by SheopleNation because: Typ0

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I will argue with all that doubt her story
It was 3 ch60 that terrorized us for over 20 minutes.

I can tell from her words, that reminded me of our night, been there know how it feels.
edit on 11-3-2012 by Gmoneycricket because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ValentineWiggin
Most like this

This video is of an American Eurocopter AS350.
Did it look like this?

Here is a link to one that is for sale in Texas
aerocontroller.com...

I'm glad to read that you and your son are OK.
I was just wondering, do you remember if any of the pilots had helmets on?
And for the nay sayers, perhaps if your neighbors were inclined to become ATS members, they could add their account of what they heard or saw as well.
edit on 11-3-2012 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
That is strange, I am just about to start a thread about four helicopters (or something similar) with red lights that were maneuvering oddly in the sky above my house.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Im new here .. so dont have much room to talk.. but I have one simple question .. WHY has OP NOT googlefu'd a pic .. Thats what Id like to see outa this thread honestly .. multiple other people have posted pics .. yet Op still as fail to provide .. you said you watched it come ect ect .. its not like it blind sided you, Pics would help out tremendously

Maybe this will help >>

edit on 11-3-2012 by Electrokitty because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Electrokitty

Pretty sure she did go and post a pic of what she says resembled it.Read the whole thread.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
My bad .. disregard .. I musta missed that page

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I'm surprised at how lax your local department was in pursuing the matter. No numbers so they simply leave?? If it had happened here we would have done everything possible to track that sucker down. I can't imagine being chased by one.

As for the people telling her to get a gun so that she can shoot out of control flying objects, jail is not a nice place. If you start shooting at helicopters and planes you WILL end up in jail, no questions asked. I wouldn't want my son to have to live without his mother. No matter how justified you think the threat is, there's no possible way to know if the pilot has hostile intentions or is having a medical emergency. More than likely an attempt to hurt someone on the ground would result in great risk to the operator in the process.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I don't know if they were necessarily trying to kill you, but if they weren't, it was a pretty sick joke. If the pilot was having a heart attack, which I doubt, why would he keep the charade up? He would probably have crashed the first time he nosedived in a different field. I don't know what to make of this, but I'm glad you two are alright.
edit on 11-3-2012 by MisterFister103 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

"just" happened? As in very recently? If these two incidents were recent that is pretty odd.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
She posted a picture of a Bell 206 Jetranger.
edit on 3/11/2012 by defcon5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I went through most of these pages as well.

My guess is that it may have been a radio controlled helicopter. Now, I know it may sound ridiculous, but there are advances in microprocessor controllers today, bought cheaply in fact, that can actually make it possible for an amateur engineer to interface the main controls of a fly-by-wire helicopter and possibly make it work via a remote radio link with some on-board video cameras.

Flying a helicopter remotely, using some crude signal sensing, and limited feedback with a few video cameras would certainly explain the erratic behavior you witnessed. There may be some rich idiot, or for that matter a serious terrorist that is trying to remotely control a helicopter. To test it, it would certainly be done in a remote area with chances of hitting something rather remote if it crashed.

This is one reason you have to try and identify where that person lives. If is it indeed a remote controlled machine, the main source of control will be very close. Amateur equipment would make it very difficult to control a machine from a long distance, like similar military technology. It is a longshot, but the only reason that I could think that someone would want to successfully remote control a helicopter is for bad things, not good. You need to find out where this copter is and alert the authorities. I would even go as far as hiring a small aircraft pilot to do an increasing radial sweep with you some day, out to say 1 or 2 miles from where this happened. The helicopter may be kept under a tent or in a barn, but you may catch it in the open.

Good Luck.

edit on 11-3-2012 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

link   
reply to post by Electrokitty

www.abovetopsecret.com...&addstar=1&on=13651780#pid13651780

No worries.A few posts down.She posted a few others too.

link   

Wow, thank goodness your quick wit and intuition got you and your son
to a place of safety! I'd keep an eye out for them to come back around, get
a good binoculars, and get the numbers. Turn em in.

Thats just wrong, and there is no excuse for what they did!
They certainly would be getting a call from the FAA.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
First off, glad you are okay. Second, a lot of people have taken the time to provide you with plenty of resources that I hope you are utilizing to find out who the pilot was. But I have to take a guess here and probably just chalk it up to a beginner pilot who got out of control and his instructor stepped in and saved the day. So maybe instead of wanting to buy a gun and whatnot, maybe someone actually saved your life instead of trying to kill you and your son?

And is it me, or does this OP sound like one of those calls that Noory gets when he has his open line Friday's? No offense, but I laugh at about 80% of those calls and your post read exactly like a call on C2C. But again, I hope you utilize the resources that your fellow ATSer's took their time to provide to you. And please, don't react until you have the facts. Good luck.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Try deliberately doing that to me and to the point that I feel in danger and that smartass would have copped a rock through his windscreen.

And I don't want to hear about endangering the pilot. Those rotor blades are far more lethal than my rock.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join