It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the fastest you have ever driven? Where?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I drove my fiance's silver automatic toyota supra

He let me drive it through country roads when it had gotten dark, loved it - the thrill of going ridiculously fast and knowing nobody else was on the roads at that time! It felt good to just let go and have some fun!

Fantastic car, sleek, sexy and one hell of a roar on her!

Rustyy

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raist
reply to post by Regenstorm

It is not a monster yet, it has a ways to go.

I do love the AWD though and I can honestly say it is the most fun car I have ever owned.

Would love to take it to Germany though

Raist

Evo 7 driver here and have to agree that Evo's are probably one of the best cars for value considering speed/accel/handling wise.

Pushed my Mitsubishi Evo 7 to just over 250kmph or about 160mph, unfortunately this is all she could give me without me inserting the thing in my pocket (money) to modify it.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
The fastest I ever got up to was about 110 on a country road in the middle of the night with a friend.

I was in my teens and it was STUPID. I generally go about ten MPH below the speed limit wherever I go (even less on the highway) now and am a very safe driver. I take pride in being a 'grandma-driver' and don't understand those who brag about their unsafe driving speeds.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Magnivea

160+ mph
Corvette
Merritt Parkway

115+ mph
Motorcycle
I-95

1,000,000 Miles Per Second
Space Vehicle
Some time during High School

9 MPH
Tractor
Current Location
edit on 7-8-2012 by Wildmanimal because: typo

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
115 on Interstate 10 - West while going to Cadillac, Michigan. It was around 2 am , and i was the only one on the road. Now fastest i've gone and then getting caught was 92 mph in a 60 mph zone.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by InhaleExhale

My evo has only the most basic mods, exhaust, IC pipes, intake, IC, and walbro pump.

There are a few other things I would do to it but I need more funds first lol.

The best part about the ego is that it is year round fun no matter the conditions. Even on 3 inches of sleet it held perfect and cut through 7 inches of snow as if it were not there.

Raist

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Fastest i've drivin was 135+ on I-44 between Joplin Mo and Miami Ok, in a 74 chevy nova i had, racing a late model mustang, only know the speed because he told me, my speedo only went to 120. but the fastest I've ever ridden in a car was about 150 in a 61 chevy impala, 409, 5speed 3.08 gears, talk about only hitting the high spots in the road!

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
150 MPH in the Lamborghini Murciélago LP670-4 SV at Croft racing track, possibly the best thing ive ever driven.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
150mph North of Seattle my Dad was driving his new Vette. Just had a chip and exhaust. Felt like 80 in a Honda. Sounded better though. 1-5 N bound. Probably not the best place but no other cars that Sunday morning.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Fastest I ever drove myself was 265km/h (165mp/h) on a superbike. Top speed driven in a car is about 150mp/h (235/240km/h, Punto GT Turbo). That's when it went *poof* though.. :/

And as a passenger 315km/h (195mp/h) in a 2010 GT-R. Those cars are just crazy...

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I don't know how fast I was going! The spedo stops at 260kmh! That happens at 6200rpm in 6th, redline is at 7200 and the fuel cut at 7900. I ran it up to the fuel cut, must have been close to 320kmh! IN A KIA FORTE!!! Kia's don't go this fast out of the box... I've got a turbonetics T3/T04E-50 turbo, Garret intercooler, AEM FIC, custom forged internals, custom intake, port and polished head, 1.2mm over sized valves 3 angle grind, and a full balance. Running 12psi. According to my G-tech she's dumping 411Hp all over the asphalt!

I did this on a runway during an autocross. We convinced the event organizers to let us do some high speed runs at the end of the day. I went head to head with a stock Viper ACR, it beat me, but not by much! I even took him in the 1/4mile, it wasn't until the 1/2mile mark that he passed me!

I love my car, too bad the engine is worth more than the car now!
edit on 18-12-2012 by PollyPeptide because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-12-2012 by PollyPeptide because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by PollyPeptide

I had an 08 Elantra that was pushing about 375 (estimate, had it on a dyno 6 months before and then it was 322). Those little Kias and Hyundais can be made pretty fast considering the price. Even mods are cheap and easy. Even though I had to import most things from Korea. I only ran it at the track twice, it took a newer Charger and a Neon SRT-4.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
160+ down 288 South in my heavily modified 2003 Mustang GT

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Magnivea

Ya. I got my kia because a friend of mine was running a Tiburon, and he got over 500 out of it! I was running civics all the time, but my little EK could not keep with that thing! So I got Kia, and now I can at least compete! He's still faster, but I got my 150shot commin! Once I get the NOS in, he's doomed!!

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Good luck. Never played with a Honda other than someone's at the speed shop.When I popped the Elantra I went back to my roots with smallblock V8s. I only Run my Formula at the track (7mpg); same with the old Riviera (6mpg).

I sold off everything else I owned in favor of my '91 Thunderbird. It's my daily driver now and I love it. I only get about 16mpg but it's running a 347 with Trick Flow Twisted Wedge heads and Streetburner upper.

I don't have to worry much about emissions with a pre '96 so right now it's running on a single crossover cat through a pair of Thrush Turbos. I finally got the shorty headers 2 days after it got ass-chilling cold so I'll have to put a heater in the garage but by spring that thing is going to have Cobra style sidepipes.

I haven't run it on the track yet but I will say on the street (closed course) I haven't even come close to losing yet. I'm estimating it to be around 470-490 at the wheels. And I still haven't decided on TT or SC. It will be forced induction by spring though. We should meet up sometime after March, I'll race you and your Tib friend for slips

edit on 12/20/12 by Magnivea because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magnivea

We should meet up sometime after March, I'll race you and your Tib friend for slips

edit on 12/20/12 by Magnivea because: (no reason given)

That could be fun! I'm thinking of turning the KIA into my dedicated track car and it if I do, it should be good to go for spring... I might take you up on that!

My buddy however is too afraid to run for pinks... He has attachment issues..
Sure, it's a lot of money to lose, but fun is fun!!

I'm also hoping to pick up a Lotus next year, wont happen, but I'm thinking about it! I'd love to modify an Elise.. A guy in my car club has one, that thing is MEAN!!

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

I've driven an Elise with the standard Toyota motor and one with the optional RX-8 Wankel. The Mazda powered was a HUGE rush to drive. I like the Exige body though. My personal favorite? Turbo V8 Esprit, of course haha...

I personally am saving for a Porsche Panamera Turbo S. I figure I should be able to buy it flat out by May. I do need to worry about my daughter, too.... AWD and all of the happy safety equipment and 550 bhp out of the box. Modding that shall be one of the top 5 moments of my life.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Fastest I've driven was 165mph in my modified 1990 Sierra Sapphire RS Cosworth.

It had 2.4 RS500 block,worked cylinder head,larger turbo,grey motorsport injectors,chargecooler.kicked out 390bhp.lol.

Where,never mind.lol

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Cant say for sure .. but last time I looked at the speedo was 120ish.

On a V-Max .. I didnt really feel the need to look down after 120+ .. just ahead. I would imagine in the 140/150 MPH range. I still had a little more but never got there.

Oh.. and its not how fast .. its how fast you got to Fast

After that its a blur.

Two wheels seems faster then 4 though.

JG.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaduguru
Cant say for sure .. but last time I looked at the speedo was 120ish.

On a V-Max .. I didnt really feel the need to look down after 120+ .. just ahead. I would imagine in the 140/150 MPH range. I still had a little more but never got there.

Oh.. and its not how fast .. its how fast you got to Fast

After that its a blur.

Two wheels seems faster then 4 though.

JG.

Oh no we have a biker in our midst.lol

Only joking lot my best pals are bikers and the 2 vs 4 wheels debate is one that often crops up.

Aye it's true I couldnt keep up in a straight line with most sports bikes but a car will always prevail through the corners.lol.

Yeah at speeds much over 120 it's scary looking down even for a split second but you gotta know how fast your pushing it.

I gave my fastest which I did on the motorway early hours of the morning but the fastest sensation of speed was down a main road near where I live which is dead straight for nearly 2
miles and tree lined both sides all the way.

Again it was a dry and around 3am,dead with not a soul about so I decided to see what my modded 2.8 Capri could do full bore.A very nervous glance read totally off the clock which goes to 140mph so I'd estimate,with Fords tendancy to have speedos that over read,around 150mph.

But the lights,trees blurring by and the Capris ride being akin to a transit.lol I went into total tunnel vision,mad !!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join