It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Geoengineering - caught in the act?

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Because it's an insecticide...

MINOT AIR FORCE BASE, N.D. -- Staff Sgt. Tom Kocis performs a preflight nozzle inspection on a C-130 Hercules spraying system. The 757th Airlift Squadron's Airmen conducted aerial spraying here and the local community July 19 and 20 to reduce and control the mosquito population. The Airmen are from Youngstown Air Reserve Base, Ohio. (U.S. Air Force photo by 1st Lt. James Bressendorff)

www.afrc.af.mil...

edit on 15/3/12 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Because it's an insecticide...

Whew! Thanks for reassuring us all that it's perfectly safe. So, only the person preparing the chemicals is at risk? Once it's sprayed upon everything, it loses its toxicity?

Maybe you could add that quote to these threads I did on all the birth defects caused by pesticides.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I guess you should also explain to the honey bees that they aren't dying from insecticides.
edit on 15-3-2012 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

So the half to one ounce of insecticide (28grams) spread over an acre is the same as standing next to a tanker full of it, is it?

Nice strawman!

edit on 15/3/12 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

No strawman.
I can still remember my first job at a garden center when I got severely chastised from my boss for not wearing plastic gloves while dusting bottles of chemicals. Yes, you get enough of that poison absorbed through your skin and it will make you sick.

Please stop pretending that pesticides and insecticides aren't that harmful. By doing this, you're spreading disinfo. These words end with 'cide' for a reason.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

There is a massive difference between concentrated and diluted.

While you're dusting the bottles of concentrated "cides" I've been actually spraying all sorts my entire adult life.

You and your boss were a bit reckless if there were bottles of chemicals on the shelf that had chemicals leaking out of them for customers to pick up....

Should have been removed immediately from the shelf, sealed in a plastic bag and returned to the manufacturer.

More disinfo for ya...

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Nope, no chemicals leaking out of the bottles, but I like how you're twisting it around so it seems as though I and the company were the wreckless ones.

You really need to brush up on your knowledge about particles and how they can remain on an item even after a poison is placed in a sealed bottle and shipped from the plant. Not all pesticides and insecticides are liquid based. Some are in powder form that can remain on the outside of their packaging.

I encourage you to actually visit the threads I linked to you about the harm pesticides cause to those who are frequently exposed to them. It'll help you come to grips with what our environment is facing and how these chemicals are affecting the life they aren't meant to kill.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

No twisting, if they were too dangerous to be dusted without gloves, then they're too dangerous to be handled by customers.

Only one of your links are anywhere near credible... aliens and chemtrails??

Anyway, the other one, about farmworkers asking for protection from pesticides is more about education and proper handling than it is about "omg pesticides are evil"

anyway, we're moving away from the actual subject here...I was only replying to zorgon's ambiguous post.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

NO, we aren't moving away from the subject matter. Is this your way of saying that you've run out of smoke screen?

You stated:

aliens and chemtrails??

If you're going to refer to one of the threads I linked you to, please get it right.
The thread is about pesticides causing babies to be born with over sized heads, enlarged eyes, shrunken limbs, extremely small lower jaws, and other traits that we hear from people who have reported seeing grey aliens. That thread is my way of speculating that we may be harming our own genetic make up by using pesticides.

In regards to the topic, yes. It is on the subject matter because zorgon pointed out that the man in the airplane near all the equipment had protective gear on and you replied by stating that he's using pesticides.

Let's talk about how they sprayed Agent Orange, Agent Purple, and Agents (pick a color) over Vietnam. The soldiers exposed to this toxic herbicide are having babies being born with Spina Bifida, which is where the Agent Orange Benefits Act comes into play. How many other substances do you think they've released upon people and we just don't know it yet and birth defects continue to rise? Hmm?
edit on 15-3-2012 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by luxordelphi

And, this was explained to you, has been explained to you countless times:

because the previous statement does not conform with what I see everyday and with what the article I linked is stating. It says that things get drier, not wetter, the higher you go. I live in the desert. It almost never rains here and so there are almost never any storm systems. Average rainfall here is 4.49 inches a year. Last year, 2011, the rainfall total was 2.34 inches. And most of that fell on 2 separate days. And yet jets leave trails that spread and turn into fake clouds almost every day here.

NO, not "drier" the higher up you go....it is extremely variable. The Relative Humidity at 30,000 feet can be HIGHER than at the surface!!

And, the point being made about high-level cirrus as precursors to weather incoming was NOT said to always indicate a "storm system".....just a frontal approach, and the high cirrus indicate that. Not every frontal passage causes a "storm".

Anyone who understands the science of meteorology knows this. Anyone who has been informed countless times here at ATS should, by now, have some sort of clue.

Turn on the Weather Channel, and keep it on in the background for a day or two...even that will be educational, as some of it might sink in, as one is exposed to normal people talking about meteorology in that context.

Better though, is to find some college-level classes nearby. Just, pay attention to the science!!

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Well if you can link pesticides and agent orange to geoengineering, then please do, otherwise it is going off topic.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

I can't link pesticide spraying to geoengineering, but I wouldn't have trouble linking it to bioengineering.
It's still meddling.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by Curious and ConcernedIf you don't, why did you sign up to a site that has a motto "deny ignorance"?

The thing about that motto is that it works both ways... people like you really need to be educates about geo engineering so we can help deny your ignorance

The thing about claiming someone is ignorant on a topic is that you should show where they are ignorant instead of just making baseless assumptions. I have already stated that I believe geo-engineering occurs in some forms. You think I don't know what cloud seeding or aerosols are? Just because I have a basic understanding of contrail, cirrus and other cloud formation does not mean I'm ignorant on geo engineering. They're not mutually exclusive concepts.

I have shown where the OP author was ignorant and where they are making ridiculous claims while attacking those who point them out. If you are going to deny my ignorance, show me where I have been so and I will happily discuss it with you.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

NO, not "drier" the higher up you go....it is extremely variable. The Relative Humidity at 30,000 feet can be HIGHER than at the surface!!

Where is this information in a textbook? Where does it say that it gets more humid the higher in the atmosphere you go?

And, the point being made about high-level cirrus as precursors to weather incoming was NOT said to always indicate a "storm system".....

The discussion wasn't about cirrus ahead of a storm system. It was about fake clouds made by jets ahead of a storm system.

And I gave examples from personal observation and rainfall totals to show that fake clouds made by jets don't come ahead of storm systems because they are not clouds but are chemicals suspended in air that is much too dry for clouds. And they use up whatever moisture could have accumulated to eventually produce clouds.

That's why they are so wierd and have all these wierd optical effects - because they are made from chemicals. Have a look at some pictures of the atmosphere of Venus or Mars and you'll be able to see where this is all going.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

these covered the sky from horizon to horizon so it probably went further.

but all i was saying is i had dismissed this part of the subject before. i might need to reexamine my thoughts.

my default stance is ignore and see if it goes away in a week before i goto doc. i only go a couple times a year so i am far from hypochondria, but thank you for the insult.

when you are in excruciating pain you go to doc.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by luxordelphi

I had provided a link with a few simple tips on telling chemtrails from contrails. I selected a few quotes from the link to post.

Chemtrails or Contrails?

As pointed out by ProudBird, the trouble with this link is that they fail to mention that it is not humidity, but relative humidity that determines whether a contrail can persist or not. As air pressure and temperature decreases, it's ability to hold water vapour decreases. When air is forced higher into the atmosphere, the pressure decreases, the air expands and cools and once it can no longer hold water vapour it condenses into clouds.

This is what happens in front of an approaching front, which is why you get cirrus formation, along with many other cloud types. This same mechanism of uplift increases the relative humidity of the atmosphere making contrail formation more likely. This does not mean that conditions for contrails only occur prior to fronts, just that it often makes conditions more favourable. Here is a pretty good explanation of weather formation including fronts for a layperson.Aviation Weather - Principles.

Cirrus clouds and aircraft contrails in the upper troposphere consist of ice particles with diameters ranging from less than 1 μm to more than 1000 μm. These ice particles directly and indirectly affect the earth's climate (IPCC, 2001). The frequency, duration, and size distributions of cirrus clouds and contrails depend strongly on the relative humidity with respect to pure ice (RHi) distribution in the upper troposphere.
Measurements of relative humidity in a persistent contrail

Also I'm not saying that what you are seeing is not any form of geo engineering. Just that ground conditions don't always determine atmospheric conditions at high levels. Therefore you cannot assume that low humidity at ground level precludes contrail formation in the upper atmosphere. I would recommend reading about weather formation from many sources, as a random person on a chemtrail site often knows just as much or less about meteorology as you do.

Where does it say that it gets more humid the higher in the atmosphere you go?

It doesn't always, but it can. Take for example, these balloon measurements near the site and time of the pics in the OP (the measurements closer to the time than the data the OP used). In this case, the surface humidity was moderate, but you can see that at varying pressures at different altitudes, the relative humidity can vary considerably. Using these observations, you can use the Appleman chart to determine that contrail formation was likely at typical airliner altitudes. Predicting Contrails Using an Appleman Chart.

As a better example, here is the balloon measurements from Las Vegas, Nevada a few days ago. They show relatively low humidity at ground level (13%), but much higher relative humidity higher up (66% @ 6341m) and at an altitude of 10,480m (34,383 feet) typical of airliners the conditions were conducive for contrail formation.

That's why they are so wierd and have all these wierd optical effects - because they are made from chemicals.
Would you say that this is a weird optical effect caused by chemicals?

I admit, it does seem pretty weird. And if you define water as a chemical, then you could say it is caused by 'chemicals' as it is due to the refraction of light through water. This can occur through both water and ice crystals. This is why cirrus (natural or manmade) cloud can produce 'rainbows' by refracting light from the sun or even the moon. These are both from natural cirrus and cirrostratus cloud.

I'm not trying to debunk or offend anyone. But I hope I can promote learning and understanding of the topics at hand

edit on 15/3/12 by Curious and Concerned because: added las vegas balloon measurements

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

High cirrus clouds that cover the sky, even from "horizon to horizon" are nothing new.

And, they don't cause ear infections.

Sorry, but clouds that are over 6 miles above your head don't cause ear or sinus infections. (Sinusitis).

Bacteria are the most common direct cause of acute sinusitis. (Other organisms might be the infecting cause in less common cases.) The ability of bacteria or other organisms to infect the sinuses, however, must first be set up by conditions that create a favorable environment in the sinus cavities.

www.umm.edu...

The most likely vector for this infection was from another person, somewhere (anywhere) that you interacted with.

There simply is not a way for the bacteria to get from over 30,000 feet, down to "you", and just "target" you...it is not plausible, and certainly not logical.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudBird
reply to post by pianopraze

High cirrus clouds that cover the sky, even from "horizon to horizon" are nothing new.

And, they don't cause ear infections.

Sorry, but clouds that are over 6 miles above your head don't cause ear or sinus infections. (Sinusitis).

Bacteria are the most common direct cause of acute sinusitis. (Other organisms might be the infecting cause in less common cases.) The ability of bacteria or other organisms to infect the sinuses, however, must first be set up by conditions that create a favorable environment in the sinus cavities.

www.umm.edu...

The most likely vector for this infection was from another person, somewhere (anywhere) that you interacted with.

There simply is not a way for the bacteria to get from over 30,000 feet, down to "you", and just "target" you...it is not plausible, and certainly not logical.

Are you daft? Or just trolling now?

I saw the planes cause these contrails from horizon to horizon...

Incidentally geoengineers warn that one possible side effect of injecting aerosols into the stratosphere is bringing bacterias trapped up there down to ground. You've seen this in many threads if you bothered to read the quotes we link from geoengineers.

And I never said I was being targeted, quit trying to put words in my mouth.

If they are geoengineering it affects everyone in the region.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by pianopraze

I saw the planes cause these contrails from horizon to horizon... [/quoet]

Who said you didn't?

and since they weer contrails, how did they cause your sickness?

If you think there is a link, and if you are the only person, or one of a small nubmer of people, who are sick, then clearly you ahve been targeted - and those who are not similarly sick are not being targeted.

It is a logical deduction.

Of course if there is no link then no problem. but if there is no link why bring up your illness???

If they are geoengineering it affects everyone in the world....sigh....such lack of understanding of the actual topic is not unexpected of course

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

Originally posted by pianopraze

I saw the planes cause these contrails from horizon to horizon... [/quoet]

Who said you didn't?

and since they weer contrails, how did they cause your sickness?

If you think there is a link, and if you are the only person, or one of a small nubmer of people, who are sick, then clearly you ahve been targeted - and those who are not similarly sick are not being targeted.

It is a logical deduction.

Of course if there is no link then no problem. but if there is no link why bring up your illness???

If they are geoengineering it affects everyone in the world....sigh....such lack of understanding of the actual topic is not unexpected of course

Total logic and post format fail.

Quit attempting to put words in my mouth.

Also none of your statements line up with anything I have said... just more disinformation techniques like we discussed early on in this thread.

I never said everyone in the world... gross exaggeration, all or nothing technique.

I never said I was targeted... slander and make person seem crazy technique.

You disgust me.

I did say that geoengineers have pointed out that one consequence of geoengineering is bacteria and virus' trapped in the stratosphere would come down. That would effect everyone in the region.

Quit these disgusting techniques.

edit on 15-3-2012 by pianopraze because: ...

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
....sigh....such lack of understanding of the actual topic is not unexpected of course

The sillyness seems to get resurrected by you on a regular basis, whenever some people
fall hook, line and sinker for all the incredibly poor "research" that you present, which is nothing
more than your opinion masquerading as "facts".....when in reality nothing but an illusion.

Of course Geoengineering would affect everyone. Why do you think so many countries
have tried, but have been unsucsessful with a moritorium?

:shk:

In fact keep your eyes out for another Geoengineering disaster soon,
an experiment, not unlike EPEACE. That was NOAA, however
NASA has one in the works.

edit on 15-3-2012 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join