It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why obama's association with Derrick Bell Matters

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady
reply to post by SaturnFX

Well, it's more of: "Let's look back and bash other Presidents for the same thing and then dismiss every thing else because I'm a right-wing nut job,"

The US is in terrible shape. Obama wanted the job. I don't see where he's done ANYTHING to make it better.

God bless.

Lets be honest. If Obama negotiated a trade deal with aliens and ended up having every American become a billionaire, you wouldn't see anything he did...and would probably complain that Obama is trying to turn us into godless materialists bowing to demonic aliens or some such.

btw, I enjoy debating with you. I think your views are akin to that of a skunk, but you put forward a fun and (sometimes) thoughtful way to discuss.

I would ask though to debate the merit verses the temptation to spread false info.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by KeliOnyx
reply to post by jibeho

Gotta love when the right drags out their token Filipino to talk about politics. This is the same woman that goes around saying that that birthright citizenship is wrong despite herself being an anchor baby. The same woman that said John Kerry wounded himself when he got swift boated.

Wikipedia - Michelle Malkin

Malkin was born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania to Philippine citizens Rafaela (née Perez) – a homemaker and teacher – and Apolo DeCastro Maglalang, who was then a physician-in-training.[1] Several months prior to Malkin's birth, her parents had immigrated to the United States on an employer-sponsored visa

Pretty much the definition of anchor baby by Republican and her own standards.

Malkin believes that the custom of granting automatic citizenship at birth to children of tourists and temporary workers, and to "anchor babies"[NB 2] delivered by illegal aliens on American soil, undermines the integrity of citizenship. She argues that the custom of blanket birthright citizenship is supported neither by the Fourteenth Amendment nor by legal precedent

Her own standards note the temporary worker part of her stance.

Why bother quoting her on the swift boat when she can say it better?

edit on 8-3-2012 by KeliOnyx because: Fixed on request

Thank you for taking the time to find source material. As for her being an anchor baby, her parents were here on a work visa. Perhaps that is a bit different than being here illegally and having a baby to secure citizenship.

As for this John Kerry story. She named two names of people who alleged Kerry may have shot himself, yet the reporter would not be satisfied unless she stated did she believe he did this. She was badgered to beat the band and made to look bad for bringing this subject up. I don't think she did anything unethical. Maybe, she went for a story that was a stretch, but after watching that video I felt like she might as well be in an interrogation room getting the third degree. The guy that was attacking her is probably going to give me nightmares. What a creep!

Michele Malkin is alright.

God Bless.

edit on 3/8/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
reply to post by KeliOnyx

I thought this thread was about Derrick Bell?? Hmmm... I'm just some confused old conservative I guess...

It's not about Derrick Bell, it is a suggestive/subjective topic on the POTUS. You also stick up a video about the danger of 'caving in' which IS Derrick Bell related, notwithstanding that the focus is on the Harvard protest, which was actually about the lack of a black woman professor, in a law school of all places, not easily noticed in that video, with its emphasis on 'caving in' Yeah, a law school, where they teach you how to make the air blue.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

I'm sorry but that long anti-Obama litany you posted is full of falsehood.

WHEN - his actions concerning the Middle East seemed to support the Palestinians over Israel , our long time ally, people said it didn't matter.

"Seemed to support?" Take a cold shower. US is (sadly) as pro-Israel as it have ever been. Obama tells Israel "we've got your back" and all that.

WHEN - he took American tax dollars to resettle thousands of Palestinians from Gaza to the United States , people! said it didn't matter.

Yes, you can find that one on Urban Legends. Fact is, H.R. 1388 bill did not in fact fund resettlement of Palestinians, it's a fabrication.

WHEN - he upset the Europeans by removing plans for a missile defense system against the Russians, people said it didn't matter.

Does he really need to go out of his way to appease Poland? Really? Oh and by the way, that missile defense was against Iran anyhow. Get your facts straight.

WHEN - he started spending us into a debt that was so big we could not pay it off, people said it didn't matter.

Any sane person knows that spending started under Bush and his criminal wars.

WHEN - he took over insurance companies, car companies, banks, etc., people said it didn't matter.

This is a lie. Non-voting stock, and then they paid back, and jobs and mortgages were saved. Less of multiple evils.

WHEN - he claimed he was a Christian during the election and tapes were later made public that showed Obama speaking to a Muslim group and 'stating' that he was raised a Muslim, was educated as a Muslim, and is still a Muslim, people said it didn't matter.

I saw a few videos where he mentions that his father's family included a few generations of Muslims and that he spent years in Indonesia. Yeah, guess what, he knows more about Islam than many less-educated people here on ATS, who also tend to swallow right-wing nonsense hook, line and the sinker.

edit on 8-3-2012 by buddhasystem because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

There is a reason Fox "news" panders their bombastic hokum at a fifth to eighth grade level my friend....

America's national average IQ (92) is far closer to legally impaired (70) than it is the genius range (140). Fox "news" ratings reflect their targetted demographic, their targetted audience. So, I guess we shouldn't be surprised that Fox "news" has such high ratings considering the target audience's average IQ.

This is why I believe Fox "news's" lies, deception, and misinformation ripples throughout society. People actually think this negatively about other people, yes ... they actually believe this stuff.

Which leads us to get little gems like this quote here on ATS:

White people: You think obama cares about you at all?

people actually do believe this stuff ☝

[size=40] ಥ_ಥ

edit on 8-3-2012 by ILikeStars because: ಥ_ಥ

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
it only matters because dumbart just proved obama went to harvard

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

take that birthers

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest

Quite. In the "bombshell video", a student at Harvard is introducing a Harvard professor to the audience at Harvard University. Unbelievable, isn't it? Incriminating? What a bombshell!

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
There is no way, he was not influenced by Bell.
These people were Obama's masters.
The ideologue's to where his communist hate originated.
Where his ideas came from.
Racism is rampant. There is a reverse racism
that is being played. Obama plays this race card
more then anyone. The Breitbart tape is just one
more piece to the puzzle. It is one more piece
connecting Obama to American hating communist.

If we get another 4 years, I
do not believe America will be able to recover. She can only
take so much.
I AM A.B.O.
ANYONE BUT OBAMA

If there was a tape of Romney sipping tea, playing golf with and talking to Hitler
I doubt anyone could deny he was a nazi..
How can anyone think Obama is really looking out for America. Is beyond me.
This is just more evidence proving Obama is not who he says he is.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

No way...this wasn't Harvard. This was all staged by Marxist Radical Revolutionaries!! George Soros is in there somewhere..I knows it!!! I bet all of those people in the audience work for ACORN!!!!

edit on 8-3-2012 by David9176 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Are you forgetting that the only biological family Obama has known were white?

Obama hates his mom? himself?

I've hung around radical communists and radical libertarians...does that make me "one of them"? NO

edit on 8-3-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
If there was a tape of Romney sipping tea, playing golf with and talking to Hitler

There is a tape where Donald Rumsfeld is shaking hands with Saddam Hussein. Do you doubt for a second that Donald is a closet Muslim, that he abated Saddam by providing chemical agents to him, and that he was an emissary of OBL? I mean how can you doubt that!

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I'm really not getting this whole "guilt by association" thing going on here.

Do you agree with all of your friends political views? If your friend is racist against white people does that mean you automatically are too?

If your friend is Muslim does that mean you are too?

If your friend loves Romney does that mean you do too?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
BUSH WAS A CLOSET MUSLIM MARXIST!!!

Look at the evidence! Speaks for itself!! Look at them having a great time!!

Holding hands!!!

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Bush is hanging out with RADICALS OMG@#~~

He's secretly a Muslim as well!!!

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
BUSH WAS A CLOSET MUSLIM MARXIST!!!

Look at the evidence! Speaks for itself!! Look at them having a great time!!

I can't believe that! Bush is wielding a Muslim sword with which in a few seconds he'll behead a few infidels!

Obama is a bad Muslim compared to George, to be sure.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Obama wishes he was half the muslim marxist Bush was!

Look...he even likes to dance with them!!!

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

HAIL LENIN

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

There is a tape where Donald Rumsfeld is shaking hands with Saddam Hussein. Do you doubt for a second that Donald is a closet Muslim, that he abated Saddam by providing chemical agents to him, and that he was an emissary of OBL? I mean how can you doubt that!

Donald Rumsfeld drinking tea with Saddam Hussein:

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

There is no way, he was not influenced by Bell.
These people were Obama's masters.
The ideologue's to where his communist hate originated.
Where his ideas came from.
Racism is rampant. There is a reverse racism
that is being played. Obama plays this race card
more then anyone. The Breitbart tape is just one
more piece to the puzzle. It is one more piece
connecting Obama to American hating communist.

If we get another 4 years, I
do not believe America will be able to recover. She can only
take so much.
I AM A.B.O.
ANYONE BUT OBAMA

How can anyone think Obama is really looking out for America. Is beyond me.
This is just more evidence proving Obama is not who he says he is.

how soon do people forget the statements of Jones

Dreams from my Father........Beck was right.

whole lot of DENIAL going on here
More Obama Syndrome

Obama Syndrome is an apparently paradoxical psychological phenomenon in which [Obama Supporters] express empathy and have positive feelings towards their captors, sometimes to the point of defending them. These feelings are generally considered irrational in light of the danger or risk endured by the victims, who essentially mistake a lack of abuse from their captors for an act of kindness. The FBI’s Hostage Barricade Database System shows that roughly 27% of victims show evidence of Obama Syndrome. The Syndrome is named after the Norrmalmstorg robbery of the office of President in which American Voters were held hostage from March 7th 2008 to November 4th, 2008. In this case, victims became emotionally attached to their captors, and even defended them after they were freed from their 214 day ordeal. The term Obama Syndrome was coined by the criminologist and psychiatrist Nils Bejerot, who assisted the police during the robbery, and referred to the Syndrome in a news broadcast. It was originally defined by psychiatrist Frank Ochberg to aid the management of hostage situations.

edit on 8-3-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-3-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176

Holding hands!!!

Somebodies getting pregnant...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join