It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why obama's association with Derrick Bell Matters

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr3dboot
We have got to take this nation back to what made us strong to begin with.

Slavery?

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Finally

to rehash what has been said already about this

Obama was, at the time a harvard student..whom introduced a harvard professor...at harvard.

this is about as extreme as taking an order at burger king when you work at burger king.
Moving on then.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Martin Luther King believed in economic justice and guaranteed income. Did you know that?

So did Milton Friedman aka Mr.Conservative Free Market Libertarian. The Negative Income Tax. You should check it out if you are interested in economic justice and guaranteed income.

sad_eyed_lady was comparing Bell to King on civil rights. That was plain to see. Not sure why you changed the subject but since you did I thought you might also be interested to know the above about the father of conservative economics.
edit on 9-3-2012 by sageofmonticello because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by sageofmonticello

That was plain to see. Not sure why you changed the subject but since you did I thought you might also be interested to know the above about the father of conservative economics.

I understand that.....but there is a reason why i brought it up....and i wasn't stating it to put MLK in a bad light. He was fantastic individual who did an incredible amount to bring equality in this country.

It wasn't all about civil rights...it was about economic rights as well. Most people don't know that....that's the reason i brought it up.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
Let's learn a little more about Derrick Bell

Video
www.breitbart.com...

Boy, am I glad that Derrick Bell is not running for president!

-rrr

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Ya'll keep fighting amongst yourselves, you are pushing for the advancement of our country and people. Keep arguing over who is better than who else.

Keep playing right into the hands of the people that set you on that route.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by spyder550
This is naive nonsense. I come from the days when there was no diversity -- if people like Bell had not come forward - there would still not be diversity.

Now I know that the reason that you are bring this up is because you believe that diversity is a bad thing. There are many many more who see your attitude as rather archaic and cannot be gone soon enough.

Do you think that if you have dark skin you can't eat at a whites only restaurant? Is that the society you want to bring kids into, really?

Your thinking is very superficial. You say, "Restaurants, colleges, etc. aren't accepted blacks, therefore, the government should mandate it...That will fix it!!"
It's not that simple and I can only refer you to Ron Paul who has taken about this sort of thing at length since the media has tried to spin his stance on the governments role regarding race and business, etc. into him being racist and he's shot that nonsense down time and time again. It's not the governments job to enforce things like affirmative action or anything to do with how a business deals with race unless an actual crime is involved.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Years ago I had a professor in college who I could call a friend. He was one of my favourite teachers despite being atheist and had an almost Marxist view of what government should be. We spoke long after I graduated and I attended his funeral as a friend years ago.

Just because he taught me and we had a friendship, do I hold the same beliefs? Of course not. I am proud of the fact that I have many friends who come from different religions, different political views, different cultures and different customs & traditions. This world would be a heck of a better place if everyone teached tolerance of others and aren't so quick to judge.

Its narcissists like Hannity who needs to only surround himself with people of the same belief systems and with people that will only agree with him. Its sad and embarrassing that this is even an issue. I have long been discouraged of American politics and the media on both sides. It seems that pettiness and immaturity rules the day while the true issues obviously don't matter to everyday Americans.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
So what about all of the white presidents who ONLY met with white people?
Obama meets with blacks and whites...you're just focusing on his association with blacks.

If anything, it was all of the white presidents before him who wanted a divided America.
and you people say you aren't racist,

edit on 9-3-2012 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

Extreme projection: The blatant denial of a moral or psychological deficiency, which is perceived as a deficiency in another individual or group.

From a list of Freud's defense mechanisms on wiki.
edit on 9-3-2012 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

So what about all of the white presidents who ONLY met with white people? Obama meets with blacks and whites...you're just focusing on his association with blacks. If anything, it was all of the white presidents before him who wanted a divided America. and you people say you aren't racist,

Funny how there was never an uproar over birth certificates until Obama took office...eh?

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I can't wait until 2016 when Obama is finally out of the White House so all of this can finally be behind us.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Slavery?

S&F You pretty much struck the nail in the head there, nice one!

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Obama now proven to have been a memeber of Harvard (and not off somewhere in Kenya helping radicals construct bombs to kill all the white Christians).

Soooooooooooo. Now we should attack the president because he introduced him (Bell) and hugged him?

You guys are serious? A lot of what Derrick Bell said is the truth. Just because you cannot swallow it does not mean that somehow Obama is a radical.
edit on 9-3-2012 by spinalremain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Nana2

What does that matter? I'm nothing like my family.

And I know a bunch of people that are nothing like their family, polar opposites.

edit on 9-3-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nana2
White people: You think obama cares about you at all? Everything is showing how he ONLY cares for people of color. It is getting harder and harder for both him and his wife to hide their racism, and their desire to divide this country on ravial lines.

From www.breitbart.com...

"The Obama-Bell connection is the latest in a pattern of Barack Obama’s associations with individuals who promoted a racially divisive America. Instead, Professor Derrick Bell’s racial world view is now manifesting in the policies of the Obama administration, particularly in Eric Holder’s Justice Department. That’s why Obama’s radical associations in the past matter.

That’s also why Senator Obama’s appearance with New Black Panther Party President, Malik Zulu Shabazz in Selma, Alabama, matters. I detail the 2007 Selma event and photographs with Obama and Shabazz in my book, Injustice."

edit on Thu Mar 8 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

Wrong wrong wrong.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join