It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why obama's association with Derrick Bell Matters

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

FYI
Unemployment is up once again as is the underemployment figure

PRINCETON, NJ -- U.S. unemployment, as measured by Gallup without seasonal adjustment, increased to 9.1% in February from 8.6% in January and 8.5% in December.

www.gallup.com...

We'll see how this compares to the Govt's. report soon enough. I like Gallups data collection method better.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

What...so Obama made medicare? the current Obamacare is mandated insurance...you don't buy the insurance from the government, you don't go to a government hospital, etc.

You will find there was far more support for the single payer system/actual control that didn't pass.. anyhow, point is, the health care system is -not- under government control...thats simply a flat out lie.

Exactly...the mandates are a REPUBLICAN PLAN....it always was!!!! Richard Nixon proposed it during his Presidency....Romney actually put it into place.

If this plan would have been put through under a Republican President....many of the people complaining would be defending it.

Same old song and dance.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
It all matters

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

You know the funny thing about racism?

It would go away if people stopped paying attention to do. I don't believe that Obama is a racist..that's ludicrous.

He may be a lot of things, but come on now. Who cares who he use to affiliate himself with? I can throw a rock and hit about 40 GOP congressmen/women who have questionable ties to certain groups.

I could say George W was a racist for his handling of Katrina and watching it like it was a made for TV movie. Either way it doesnt matter.

Discussing racism only brings racism, and it does not solve your problems. People should focus on finding solutions to real worl problems instead of trying to character assinate leaders for political gain.

It serves NO other purpose but to enflamme the left vs right debate, which I might add is the reason your country is in the crapper to begin with.

These are non issues and should be treated as such.

~Tenth

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nana2
White people: You think obama cares about you at all?

Can you guess where I stopped reading?

Good luck going through life with that outlook buddy.

Pleasantries.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
It's a bit naive to think that the law is applied equally to everyone, it just isn't. Even more so in the case of black Americans who were discriminated against by the law, and even when everyone knew that it was wrong. The USA signed big-time up to the UN universal charter for equal rights for everyone, (that includes free association BTW) in 1948, then they forgot about it.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Yes, it all matters....

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ILikeStars

Hannity is a disgrace, and stupid too! a bit like this thread on Obama. I don't agree with some of the things Obama has done, but I hate all this innuendo stuff.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ILikeStars

Its amazing the seemingly limitless deceptive nature of the right wing media monsters. The nonsense chain letters littered with false info, the snipjobs of speeches, etc...its endless and all consuming..hell, they even destroy their own party with the same tactics if they aren't fully on board.

I am an agn-atheist...but back in my religious days, I would have deemed the entire party satanic..and not even trying to hide it very well. Bunch of demons really.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
reply to post by spyder550

Critical race theory does not even come close to the concept of diversity.

Granted I read the Wiki and I am good with that description. You are telling me that you have a different interpretation.?
edit on 8-3-2012 by spyder550 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
David, thank you for your thoughts on MLK political opinions. If he was a living politician I might care. I thought he was a preacher.

The world needs this:

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation
where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character."
– Martin Luther King, I Have a Dream Quote

If you find something profound from Derrick Bell. please share.

God Bless.

edit on 3/8/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Well, it's more of: "Let's look back and bash other Presidents for the same thing and then dismiss every thing else because I'm a right-wing nut job,"

The US is in terrible shape. Obama wanted the job. I don't see where he's done ANYTHING to make it better.

God bless.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Gotta love when the right drags out their token Filipino to talk about politics. This is the same woman that goes around saying that that birthright citizenship is wrong despite herself being an anchor baby. The same woman that said John Kerry wounded himself when he got swift boated.

Wikipedia - Michelle Malkin

Malkin was born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania to Philippine citizens Rafaela (née Perez) – a homemaker and teacher – and Apolo DeCastro Maglalang, who was then a physician-in-training.[1] Several months prior to Malkin's birth, her parents had immigrated to the United States on an employer-sponsored visa

Pretty much the definition of anchor baby by Republican and her own standards.

Malkin believes that the custom of granting automatic citizenship at birth to children of tourists and temporary workers, and to "anchor babies"[NB 2] delivered by illegal aliens on American soil, undermines the integrity of citizenship. She argues that the custom of blanket birthright citizenship is supported neither by the Fourteenth Amendment nor by legal precedent

Her own standards note the temporary worker part of her stance.

Why bother quoting her on the swift boat when she can say it better?

edit on 8-3-2012 by KeliOnyx because: Fixed on request

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by KeliOnyx

Keep attacking the messengers. The message will still be conveyed. Michelle covered that in her statement. Thanks for the deflection. It was fun.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by KeliOnyx
reply to post by jibeho

Gotta love when the right drags out their token Filipino to talk about politics. This is the same woman that goes around saying that that birthright citizenship is wrong despite herself being an anchor baby. The same woman that said John Kerry wounded himself when he got swift boated.

I have read so many attacks on people on the net to know not to believe everything I read. I would like to see some sources or I won't even consider these remarks. I try to source my information whenever possible and don't think it is asking too much that this be done especially when posted information that reflects poorly someone.

Personally, I enjoyed her fire. I think she believes strongly that the truth has and is being suppressed and I am glad that there are people in MSM that do something other than pour kool-aid.

God bless.
edit on 3/8/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by spyder550

Originally posted by jibeho
reply to post by spyder550

Critical race theory does not even come close to the concept of diversity.

Granted I read the Wiki and I am good with that. You are telling me that you have a different interpretation.?

A different interpretation of What? Diversity and Critical Race Theory are different. They are opposite ends of the spectrum. No interpretation needed. The CRT bunch actually pokes fun of Diversity concepts because according to them they are not real. CRT advocates see racism and racial divide in EVERYTHING!!

Perhaps Michelle Obama can explain it with her Princeton Thesis
www.politico.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
So, the controversy is that that Obama as the most prominent black student at Harvard and editor of the law review gave an introduction to a black professor's speech at a student protest in which Obama supported the cause of the protest? And this was over 20 years ago?

Ron, what do you think of this controversy?

Does anybody think that this is going to gain any traction with anyone who isn't already one of the "faithful?"
edit on 8-3-2012 by LordOfArcadia because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Let's learn a little more about Derrick Bell

Video
www.breitbart.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Fixed the previous post at your request. And now one more example of her own hypocricy.

Enter Michelle Malkin. Spurred by the mad gibbering of the Freepers, Malkin launched a full-on harassment campaign/"investigation" against the Frosts. She traveled to the Frost's neighborhood, hoping to find evidence that they were all con artists. When grilling the neighbors failed to turn up any dirt, she tried snooping in their windows.[12] She made hay out of the fact that she thought she saw granite countertops, an accusation which has been dumped down the memory hole but lives on as a meme to this day.[13] Probably what would be the most laughable part of the whole incident, if it weren't such a twisted, dangerous display of lunacy, is that she actually had the audacity to claim that the Democrats had engaged in "child abuse" by putting Graeme in a place where Malkin could savage him.

RationalWiki -Michelle Malkin

A story that resulted in her getting fired from O'Reilly. But wait a minute. Isn't this the exact same kind of journalism she is railing against? So once again in her mind it is ok for Michelle Malkin to do something but when others do it she is gonna cry foul. Don't need to shoot the messengers in this case, unlike John Kerry she has done that herself.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by KeliOnyx

I thought this thread was about Derrick Bell?? Hmmm... I'm just some confused old conservative I guess...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join