It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charges of Racism for Chanting USA…In America!

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Malcher

Some ignoring the fact that the chants were purposefully aimed at a team of Hispanic kids as a way to suggest their team won a victory over non-Americans.

When was the last time you heard USA chanted at game between two American teams. chanting USA happens at international events. Not high school football games.

Some keep trying to insinuate people are saying it is wrong to chant USA at all. No...we are saying it is wrong to chant USA at a group of Hispanic kids as a way to taunt their ethnicity.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13
reply to post by Malcher

Some ignoring the fact that the chants were purposefully aimed at a team of Hispanic kids as a way to suggest their team won a victory over non-Americans.

When was the last time you heard USA chanted at game between two American teams. chanting USA happens at international events. Not high school football games.

Some keep trying to insinuate people are saying it is wrong to chant USA at all. No...we are saying it is wrong to chant USA at a group of Hispanic kids as a way to taunt their ethnicity.

Are both teams American?

How do you know when it is alright to chant something related to the country you live in and are residing in at the time?

What I am trying to understand is why they were offended since they are all Americans...IF they were even offended.

Now if they said something derogatory about Mexico then i would say it was not right.

edit on 8-3-2012 by Malcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
im offensive and i find this white...... but seriously this is ridiculous...pretty soon there will be a group of females who will not like to be called women and everyone who says women will now be sexist....its sad but it will be true one day at the rate we are going

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

At a school pep rally last year, some of our Asian students were holding up a sign that said "Asian Pride." If I held a sign that said "Arab Pride", I'd get accused of terrorism. If someone held a sign that said "White Pride", we would get in trouble as a school for intolerance.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

Actually I have been at many games where U.S. teams were playing each other, and people would chant USA.

Apparently, if the other team has a certain percentage of the privileged minority group, this shouldn't be allowed.

Sorry, but it should be allowed, and these people should stop being sore losers.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13

You're right, this is America. You can say anything you want and it is legal, but no one was arrested so I'm not sure what your point was about that. The principle just apologized. He apologized because the students on the other team were made to feel like second class citizens when the other students chanted 'USA' suggesting they are disloyal to this country.

Its apparent that freedom of speech,regardless if its right or wrong,in your eyes,is being second guessed in this country.The Principal used his "interpretation" of those freedoms,and penalized the students. Period. Second class citizens? Did they have to drink from the hose,outside of the Gymnasium ? Show proof of citizenship? Blood testing ? Come on now.....People look at me all the time,and wonder what I am. Black,white,mixed,Hispanic,etc.......I could care less. People need thicker skin,in a country mixed like a blender. I find nothing wrong with chanting USA,because guess what? The game was held in the United States . I could care less if it was white on white players,or Hispanic on Black players. There are a lot more things in America I find offensive,like 46.2 million folks on food stamps. If folks spent half their powers trying to help those in need,then bickering and pointing out a high school basketballs game chant,America would be in a better place.
edit on 8-3-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
the other school that is crying started it and it was in the yahoo article and was down played a lot but i bet it was taken out now.The other kids chanted something about white something or other before the "racist team" lol started chanting usa usa. Who gives a crap if its was done in a messed up way or not it wasnt bold in your face racism. I could tell everyone on here they are amazing and it could have a double meaning. Bunch of cry babies. I don't know how many times i have heard "white boy" while playing sports and being a man and knowing how that term was used against black men in early American history I know what it's double meaning is. And if you dont think there is a double meaning call a black man a black boy and watch his reaction. Basically the term boy when refering to a man means their race is looked at like children not adults. How many times have you heard someone call a grown white male white boy. If you dont believe me look it up.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

They need to fix the immigration system. A certain amount of knowledge should be required to gain citizenship. Most of them only know how to file for a tax payer identification number to start a business or to collect pay checks as they continue to live here illegally. It's not their fault though. It is the fault of the Federal Government.
There are the free loaders who know how to take advantage of the system. There is a family who lives down the road from us. While I struggle to make money for my family, they are living off the high hog.

Don’t ask me how I know. I’ll just say that I have my ways. This is what they have…

1.$1100.00 in food stamps a month for 4 kids (mother pregnant again).
2.Medicaid.
3.HUD housing.
4.Pal grant checks for school loans.
5.3 different business names under their address. (All fake).
6.$40,000 Lexus with “I love Obama” bumper sticker on back.
7.$50,000 truck with $6,000 wheels and rims.

My older son used to get along with one of the kids from the family. That was until we found out he was dealing drugs.

And WHO is paying for all the above? The middle class! Makes me SICK!

More people come in and out of their house than the local Wal-Mart. Police are there regularly for dog and rooster fights. All the illegal actions are blamed on the underage kids so the adults don’t receive jail time. System lenient on kids because they are minors and illegal. They only get probation. I live in Denver. A sanctuary city.

And did I forget to mention........THEY ARE ALL ILLEGAL!

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

RIDICULOUS...

More than one word even though it deserves only one!

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Here you go.....I mean really, look at all these racists.....

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by petrus4

Being politically correct and being respectful are two different things

Implying that Mexican Americans aren't American is disrespectful and a jerk thing to do. It has nothing to do with being politically correct.

If you were born here and kids were telling you that you weren't a REAL American just because of your ethnicity, would you not be offended somewhat? Or see how other people would be?

edit on 7-3-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)
......That would really be sad for an illegal alien to have to hear something like that. "sarcasm".

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I know i come from a country that racism is tolerated more than in USA (and i'm not proud) but
WTF???

chanting USA on a american game is racism?
god save me please
why?
because of mexicans?
let them scream Mexico when they win.

btw. we have lots of american US hockey players right now and when we chant Croatia here is that racism toward american players also and can they sue us?
if they don't like it - home they can go btw. they like it and they chant with us - Croatia

You need to relax as a nation, cool off with racism crap (your country is paradox -i can't scream USA or i can't call someone black without getting accused off racism but KKK and neo-nazi groups can exist)

is it a racism when on canadian soccer game people scream Croatia when Toronto plays ? or Canadians are just more relaxed

edit on 8-3-2012 by Dinamo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Another local radio yapper tonight around 8:00 PM

1200 WOAI radio san antonio TX.

Talking about how he finds it insane at all and then on top of it the Alamo Heights team was the ones who were called racist and supposedly did all the harm. He was talking about the fact that Alamo whites was being chanted by the crowd and in response more in the crowd started with the USA chant.

I suppose it would have been better if some one would have cried out remember the Alamo and went charging for the racist who started the whole thing? Atleast then it would have been clear why, uh well maybe not, with the type of racial tension the media likes to portay for ratings I bet it would still be white mans fault.

Even if it were what you call "racist" for them to be shouting USA I say it is justified. This is the USA, the big melting pot where muts such as myself live, with 4 different heritages I go visit on holidays. If you start calling me whitey or indian or spic or dirty brit then you are starting a racial fight. I wont back down from you and if I am labeled a racist for defending my country while attempting to difuse a situation then so be it. As I said, it is better than physical force and in this case no one was killed, unlike many other stories we dont hear about on main stream news.

Look, I will be honest. I have many different races in my family and grew up around mostly mexicans. Have no trouble mixing in with just about any one I come across. That is until you start saying racist things about any race, especially at me or my immediate family/friends.

This type of crap that the majority of you here call racism is forcing people like me to begin to take a side, that is, prepare for race wars. I am sick of white people being regarded as the debtor and this type of political bs is going to make them eventually stand up and fight back. We dont need no more damn race wars.

Funny thing is, when I am out with my mexican, black, white, asian friends we will be the first ones to stand up and tell a fool to shut his mouth if they are talking about some one because of their race. And we all think it is a bunch of BS. We dont see the racial tension in our circles. My evenly mixed customer base dont seem to have any problem with me and I get referral from all over town in all kinds of different areas and never have a problem because my skin is whiter than it is brown.

i do have problems because my truck is shiny and my clothes are nice but usually I just give them a few bucks and spend a few minutes talking with them, usually about where to find work.

The Media is stirring this up and it has to stop.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Propulsion

I am from Colorado, I have met many illegals there.

Many are good people at least when they need to be. I knew a guy who was in a car accident he was illegal. Couldn't afford to go to court because of the obvious implications. Paid the victim in cash around $5000 on the spot.

Again, I don't blame the illegals for wanting a better life. I blame the Federal Government for exploiting them and exploiting us.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by getreadyalready

It sounds like the intended it to be racist, and so, therefore, it was racist. If they would have been chanting it after a 4th of July celebration, or watching soldiers arrive back into port it would not be racist, but if they were intentionally chanting it at a bunch of Hispanics, then it was intentionally...... racist.

Hispanic AMERICANS! Are hispanic American's LESS AMERICAN than white Americans? Besides, it was the audience who started the chant.

It is never the words; it is always the intent behind the words.

So PC has eaten our brains!

*facepalm*

DON'T be so willfully naive.

Then WHY were they chanting USA?? Once again it has to be rammed into your head-
THIS IS ABOUT CONTEXT. There was no other reason for them to be chanting "USA" than to attack a hispanic team who they all assume are not American.

You should be telling the WHITE AUDIENCE that the other team can be Americans too, not those of us who see through your BS and into the reality that the kids chanting in the stands believed that the other team can't be Americans too.

Don't go off about "omgz wut haz the wurld come 2 itz too PC omgz", this is an obvious case of nationalistic racism in a place where such an occurrence comes as no surprise.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Racist trash; Soon these racist cowards who breed on hate and live on hate will see and witness the true consequences for their actions.

Keep pushing and eveutanlly some one will push back.

Chickens will soon be coming home to roost. And all those who have continued to oppress will be judged.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
back in my day..

The "white" school threw tortillas at the "south valley" school on the football field.

this was back in 1988-1989?

The times, they aint a changn'.

edit on 9-3-2012 by Frankenchrist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
SAISD, and well, many other official organizations in that city, have long been very much pro-hispanic racism, and anti-anyone else. Lived there for a time, some years back, and saw nonsense like this then. Things like special "cultural" programs for ONLY hispanic students, etc.

The outrageous behavior here is on the part of the officials, NOT the people cheering "USA, USA".

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Personally I don't see a major problem with this chant. Certainly not a legal one. I have seen people at sporting events in the USA chanting "USA" countless times. I know this is mostly in a school of minorities but even the major teams of some sporting activities have international players. When the crowd chants "USA" at the major events containing such players , there is no intent to cause harm in any way. I think this was more of an over reaction by the people liaising with the press from the school it's self.
I am more worried about people in the USA, chanting "USA, USA" in a major US only sporting event like NFL, or MLB, so that other people from the opposing team, also from the USA, hear it. *insanity*

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I told my grandmother this story and she said "Well, I am glad we decided to move back to canada and not stay there. The US is going nuts."

Just too bad the insanity seems to be spilling over the canadian border slowly too

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join