It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charges of Racism for Chanting USA…In America!

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
This story is such a manufactured crisis.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Wow, for once I am actually in agreement with ya. I knew it was bound to happen sooner or later lmao.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

This story is such a manufactured crisis.

I have broken my self-imposed rule of not giving a star to a one liner!

You have summed it up! There isn’t much more to be said on this thread.

Side note – Did you notice how this story blew up in the past 24 hours in the MSM? The debates I’m reading elsewhere are very similar to those within this thread (but a little late).

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Regardless of the situation we live in the USA, there is nothing racist about chanting this. The only reason the Hispanic's are offended is because they do not believe they are American and probably don't want to be...so I say screw them and the Hispanic culture IN THE USA.

5th of May IMHO is racist, extremely racist...

Sniper

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I admit I'm wrong all the time...but I require proof...not hear say and rumors.

Go get me that video of them chanting....then you can call me out.

Until then...you are just providing further evidence that you will believe just about anything if it agrees with your world view. It's called confirmation bias...and it's not a good thing.

But think about what you are saying...you were first trying to argue chanting USA wasn't racist...now you say it is response to chants from the other school...sooooooo...you are kind of admiting it was racist now, but trying to justify it as a response.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
you are just providing further evidence that you will believe just about anything if it agrees with your world view. It's called confirmation bias.

It's called "head in the sand syndrome"..."they" don't get it, so...let me illustrate:

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Muttley2012

I really don’t know where you stand on the issue based on you post but your signature says it all!!

Racism only applies to Whitey?

Edit - Being a North Texan, I'd say you must live in either Dallas or Austin because those are the only two cities in Texas that would proudly fly the Obama banner!

edit on 10-3-2012 by seabag because: (HAD TO ADD SOME TEXAS BANTER)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   

reply to post by seabag

Until then...you are just providing further evidence that you will believe just about anything if it agrees with your world view. It's called confirmation bias...and it's not a good thing.

But think about what you are saying...you were first trying to argue chanting USA wasn't racist...now you say it is response to chants from the other school...sooooooo...you are kind of admiting it was racist now, but trying to justify it as a response.

Outkast, may I call you Mr. Outkast? In your mental pursuit and subsequent vilification of someone who has taken a position that you do not agree with you have claimed that "confirmation bias” is what has led to such absurd ideals but somehow fail to recognize your own. Albeit your own confirmation bias is not recognized by you.

How it is that actual video is needed in order to solidify your opponent’s position but not yours? Oh wait you had confirmation right? We have all seen the bunch of evil white kids chanting racist remarks towards a bunch of innocent Mexicans haven’t we? Or maybe not, maybe all we really have seen is a clip of a group chanting USA, and we cannot even know for certain the race of nor the reason for this evil act. Since we are discounting any evidence other than first person view with video documentation would it not stand to reason that you do not have a valid argument either? After all, everything beyond the actual footage of a racially and age diverse group chanting USA, USA has been based upon what has been reported and or commented on the news/blogs. Other than that fact alone we know for certain nothing else.

So I suppose you will next proclaim that since the school has taken action against the kids then that infers that it is all true, correct? Where is the evidence for that? Since we are not taking anything but video or perhaps documents for building up a case, barring personal testimony, shouldn’t you be held to the same standard?

According to your argument confirmation bias is not a good thing. Well before I read it on your post I had no idea it existed but damn, you are right, it is not a good thing. It is so damn powerful even those who know what it means can’t escape its grasp. Tomorrow or the next day, when the school has recanted their position for punishment and the news media has gone away the Mexicans and The Whiteys will be back to normal but the tension will still exist, in the air you breathe. But alas all is well on the forgotten post while society collapses around us all.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

Wow, for once I am actually in agreement with ya. I knew it was bound to happen sooner or later lmao.

Every now and then I stumble over a nugget of truth.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I have broken my self-imposed rule of not giving a star to a one liner!

meh, I thought about that too before I hit enter, but I refused to break my self-imposed rule about hitting enter, then typing "2nd" or "2nd line" just to have a second line without adding any information whatsoever.

lol.. Much

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Delete Please

edit on 10-3-2012 by NOTurTypical because: Delete

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Maybe USA stood for the area the school was in? "Upper San Antonio! Upper San Antonio!"

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Nah. It stands for Unlimited Sugar Anomalies.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

Oh puhleeeze!! I live in the area and I see the "illegals" everyday...working their asses off. Yes there are those who receive benefits that are available to everyone without caveat, but they are not sucking off the goverment teat nearly as much as the inbred mouth breathin knuckle draggin idgits who are the right's voting base in the red states. Sorry, did I write that out loud?

These children at the game were spewing the ignorant racist crap that they hear at home and they got called on it. As I understand, it was not the first time.

BTW, I had ancestors who died fighting at/for the Alamo and the American cause. (stealing land from another nation) They were Hispanic. Hmmm, go figger.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Peace. Really I see it like this. The only true "Americans" would be the "Original inhabitants" of this paticular land mass. If it were anyone who would be chanting "USA" behind that reason alone, then it would be the "Hispanics." Nevertheless, the chanting was indeed intended to be a form of prejudice/racism. This is also a group of children chanting this. So you have to question the parenting and their beliefs. Something to think about. Peace.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaguarsky
reply to post by thehoneycomb

These children at the game were spewing the ignorant racist crap that they hear at home and they got called on it. As I understand, it was not the first time.

Just a new source to make sure everyone knows who the real racists were!

In Texas, our sources report what the national news media has still not reported: the Edison High school students – predominantly Hispanic – were chanting “ALAMO WHITES” repeatedly against their rival team throughout the game. They were not reprimanded or stopped by their coaches.

The Alamo Heights Boys Basketball Team’s fans at MANY OTHER GAMES during the school year, had chanted “USA, USA, USA.” It wasn’t just at this one game, as media reports make it appear.

And the opinion of the author who has seen all of the evidence.

The students who chanted “ALAMO WHITES” were clearly ACTING in a racist manner.

The students who chanted “USA, USA, USA” were doing what fans at games ALWAYS do – they were expressing their enthusiasm for their team.
link

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

reply to post by seabag

Your doing the same thing. You have to prove your point as well, or hold a neutral opinion.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

So the facts come out, lets see if people change their perspective. I doubt it.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by andersensrm

So the facts come out, lets see if people change their perspective. I doubt it.

Of course they won’t!!

The facts have BEEN out! Some here just keep denying they’re facts!

The 2 most typical responses when confronted with evidence that destroys your argument are to attack the source and attack the messenger…both have been attempted here.

Budro lives in San Antonio and heard the reports on the radio and this was dismissed! I bet even if budro had his seat firmly planted in the bleachers that day they would dismiss his account and switch to attacking his credibility.

Like I said before, it sucks to lose and sucks worse to admit you’re wrong!

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

hmmmm....

And that would soothe your Ego a bit?

You're not going to get a video of them chanting Alamo "Whites",because NO one cared about video taping them chanting that. They ONLY cared about video taping the "racist" part,You know....USA USA USA.......

Jesus,this PC crap is so overexposed...................
edit on 11-3-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23 >>

join