It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charges of Racism for Chanting USA…In America!

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malcher
reply to post by milkyway12

Well next time we should ask you what we are permitted to say and wear.

Are my panties ok or do they have too many dots on them?

I dont know how to really take that , as i dont know where your question comes from with the argument?

2nd
edit on 8-3-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

Again,Pride is now intertwined with hate...

The "new" definition hasnt been installed into the dictionary yet...

When it comes to America,the politically correct folks LOVE to make it a sticking point...

Case in point,OP's story.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12

Well next time we should ask you what we are permitted to say and wear.

Are my panties ok or do they have too many dots on them?

I dont know how to really take that , as i dont know where your question comes from with the argument?

2nd

You should. You are the one who said:

"Remember this. Your opinion or implied meaning matters very little in the wake of other's opinion. What you must learn to do , is express your opinion in respect to other's , but without infringing on their opinions. Unless you want to get under their skin.

Wearing an American Flag on a T-Shirt is a prime example. You love your country. Represent , let people know it is the best. Screaming it in their face , is another thing. Not only would they react and find that offensive , they would simply react in a negative way because of the lack of respect , not because you are wrong or right , but because you insulted their beliefs verbally in and in a confrontational manner , regardless of who is wrong or right.

Wearing your shirt is Passive , and gives the same amount of representation as you screaming it in their face , but without the offensive adage of confronting them on a verbal letter. Sticks and Stones may break my bones and words will too.

Words hurt more than physically fighting some one. They will remember the words you spoke more than they will remember anything else."

Some of us want to live with freedom. We dont care about you because you are a wanna be dictator. Dont worry, this is common.

ETA: Hell...in the hearts of most people beats a dictator. This is nothing new.
edit on 8-3-2012 by Malcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Malcher

I honestly still cannot understand what you are talking about in the way that you are trying to apply its meaning to me? Probably becuase i dont have the same emotion or thought process as you do. You will have to explain it.

I was giving my point of view. Being respectful and humble but decisive will have much more of an impact is all i am virtually trying to say.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by budro
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Is there a video of them chanting USA? I havent seent it if there is

Sure...there are plenty of them.

Here is a news report with footage and audio of the chant.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by getreadyalready

So they were all illegals from mexico or something? Last time I checked, hispanics can be americans....

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by getreadyalready

It sounds like the intended it to be racist, and so, therefore, it was racist. If they would have been chanting it after a 4th of July celebration, or watching soldiers arrive back into port it would not be racist, but if they were intentionally chanting it at a bunch of Hispanics, then it was intentionally...... racist.

Hispanic AMERICANS! Are hispanic American's LESS AMERICAN than white Americans? Besides, it was the audience who started the chant.
Stupid Posts. Whether or not hispanics can be American is irrelvent. It's the fact that hispanics are associated with illegal aliens, whom are not americans. Maybe you guys should try looking at this from a logical standpoint rather than a emotional one.
edit on 8-3-2012 by technical difficulties because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

You are using the straw man "screaming it in peoples faces" to take away peoples rights. What they said was common and takes place at many sporting events and in every country.

One day you may see your error. In the mean time, who are you to say where someone can wear a shirt or say the initials of a country. Should we ban the Beatles song "Back in the U.S.S.R" because it may offend someone outside of U.S.S.R? or do we just say they are free to make the song?

If a Canadian fly the Canadian flag or says...'Canada,Canada,Canada' in front of an American what do you think should happen to the Canadian?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Tell ya what. Do they even record high school basketball games in full, or just the end celebration for local news blurbs? Serious question, because I have no clue. If so can you point me to a place where I can access archives? Again I have no idea where to even begin looking for such a thing.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by technical difficulties

In whose mind, yours? I don't look at a hispanic and automatically think they are illegal.....Do you?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

In whose mind, yours? I don't look at a hispanic and automatically think they are illegal.....Do you?

Not addressed to me but i certainly do not. That last video posted is a good commercial for home schooling though.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
This is for milkway12:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
See, I believe this chanting is actually a code between the white kids and the Hispanic kids. Both sides know exactly what is going on. Living in Texas, I have heard racist people saying of Hispanics, "they need to go back to Mexico". They say this regardless of whether the Hispanic was actually from Mexico or not.

People use to say they wanted African-Americans to "go back to Africa" during the whole civil rights era. This is the same thing. It's just between rival schools - one that is predominately white, and one that is predominately Hispanic.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv
It's just between rival schools - one that is predominately white, and one that is predominately Hispanic.

And they live in the U.S.A?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

I seriously hope you're a troll because there can't possibly be anyone out there who is as ignorant as you. Maybe I'm just not explaining it well enough to you.

It doesn't matter whether or not you think that a hispanic looks illegal, it's a stereotype.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Tell ya what. Do they even record high school basketball games in full, or just the end celebration for local news blurbs? Serious question, because I have no clue. If so can you point me to a place where I can access archives? Again I have no idea where to even begin looking for such a thing.

I'm not gonna go on a wild goose chase for you.

YOU are the one that claimed that they were chanting "whitey"....I would hope you had some proof of that before you just claimed it as fact.

If you don't have a source...just say so...and just admit that you are just repeating rumors you have read in the comments section of articles.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

It's just between rival schools - one that is predominately white, and one that is predominately Hispanic.

Of course, but the white kids want the Hispanic kids to go back to Mexico where they belong, because they're not good enough to be in this country. Chanting "USA" is their code saying exactly that. I have personally seen rival schools get really nasty with each other. My high school had a rival school that was predominately black, and there were a lot of subtle racist messages communicated between students of each school during sporting events.

I am willing to bet the farm that this white school isn't chanting "USA" during a game with another predominately white team.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Budro, who says he lives in the San Antonio area, says he heard it on the radio locally.

I heard it on the radio
1200 AM WOAI. I belive it was Wednesday, around 10:00. Short news brief, including local accidents and top news stories. The part about the school was maybe all of 30 seconds long and he did say that there were words about whitey and the recent murder and the "racial chanting" by evil whitey.

The ‘whitey’ comments were also mentioned in the comments section of the news report linked in the OP.

You’re making a big deal about finding more sources because you want to conveniently dismiss the reasoning for the “USA” chanting. You’re attacking the source as a means of validating your position and it’s ridiculous, really.

They just chanted “USA” not “go home Mexicans” or something derogatory. Why are you so sensitive?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Doesn't look or sound racist to me.

Maybe Edison is just a sore loser.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Of course, but the white kids want the Hispanic kids to go back to Mexico where they belong, because they're not good enough to be in this country. Chanting "USA" is their code saying exactly that. I have personally seen rival schools get really nasty with each other. My high school had a rival school that was predominately black, and there were a lot of subtle racist messages communicated between students of each school during sporting events.

I am willing to bet the farm that this white school isn't chanting "USA" during a game with another predominately white team.

How is chanting U.S.A code for people to go back to where they came from?

The other teams students live in the U.S.A and they chose to live there. Does not mean they would not or could not be proud of their own heritage which in this case may be mexican but could be European or Asian.

My grandparents were first generation Americans and they were more patriotic than i am. And i still say flags from the old country around their house. In that case where would you like to limit their rights? Would you limit my grandparents rights to fly the American flag or the flag of their own country or just at certain times that fall in line with the way you are feeling that day.
edit on 8-3-2012 by Malcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

I didn't ask you to go on a wild goose chase, I asked if you knew of a place that exists I could go look. I didn't say go find one for me.....

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join