It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charges of Racism for Chanting USA…In America!

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
IMO, everyone of you are as guilty of racism as the children in question! When you speak of a human or group of humans, do you refer to them as Caucasion humans or Mexican humans? By placing an adjective describing the American before hand, you too are separating two people of the same nation, Americans! Do you not see this?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Anyone care to give the source of the other team or fans chanting "Alamo Whites"???

From what I can gather in this thread...it was from a user comment on one of the articles.

Anyone have a more credible source?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
No harm intended, this is just some of the conditioning we all need to break!

link   
reply to post by ajay59

take into concept though that some people of different races would rather be called a hispanic american or african american because they feel like it lets them hold on to some of their heritage and culture

ive used the word american to describe people and they corrected me and said they prefer hispanic american and when i asked why they responed with "it lets us hold onto our hispanic heritage"

link   

Originally posted by ajay59
IMO, everyone of you are as guilty of racism as the children in question! When you speak of a human or group of humans, do you refer to them as Caucasion humans or Mexican humans? By placing an adjective describing the American before hand, you too are separating two people of the same nation, Americans! Do you not see this?

I agree this is true. Much like when dealing with children they say you should never say "bad kid", and instead say "kid who acted badly."

edit on 8-3-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Sad day in America when chanting
USA USA USA gets you chastised,
spit on, and called a racist..

How much more as Americans
can we take of these radicals
stomping disrespectfully on our nation, on the
very ground our grand fathers and their
father died, fought, bleed over, stomping on their very graves!!

USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA

This is our country, and if you do not like to hear
a USA chant. YOU CAN GET OUT!!!
edit on 8-3-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by poet1b

Chances are that there was more going on in the stands than this politically correct story wants to admit. The media always wants to portray that whitey must be guilty.

The fact that the Edison students and fans where making racially charged comments to the other team has been brought up 4 times in this thread and nobody has really denounced it. I say if it’s OK for one side to get away with it then you’d damn sure better not punish the other side, especially when they only chanted 'USA'!

I think this proves your point – it’s only racism if it’s ‘whitey’ doing it. It’s easier to ignore racial insults if they’re directed at ‘whitey’ nowadays. That, my friends, is PC on full display. Reverse discrimination is STILL DISCRIMINATION! Racism is racism regardless what color the victim's skin is.
edit on 8-3-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

That I whole-heartly agree with.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by caf1550
reply to post by getreadyalready

see i agree and disagree with you, now we don't know the intent of the people who started the chant, we don't know if it was out of racial bigotry or just to show patriotism or national pride. the other team was also american which is why im confused they got hurt over it, now i know they were primarily a hispanic school but either way they were still americans so they shouldn't have gotten hurt over this incident.

now if they were chanting hateful words for example the "N" word or a derogatory term for hispanics they yes i see the racism but they weren't they were chanting USA

the major fact is being politcally correct is ruining this country if people weren't so PC this wouldn't have made the evening news and we wouldn't even be discussing it now

There are plenty of illegals and children of illegals in schools like this who believe in reconquista and la vos de la raza, but it seems that it is the adults who were offended by the display. Not just school officials but apparently some kind of group advocates as well.

link   
reply to post by something wicked

Interesting, how do you know someone is an illegal immigrant without checking for paperwork? What's that, you 'know'? How do you do that? Oh, you assume, that's right, you assume don't you? How else would you know? Do you know that kind of thinking is what the topic of this thread is ultimately all about?

You know when they don't speak a word of English. You know when they fly the mexican flag over the American Flag on US Soil. You know when they witness a car accident and they will not bear witness. You know when you see it and are surrounded by it on a daily basis.

link   
How will we as a people of the Earth ever meet on common ground with separation in abundance?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

Again , i think the Chant was saying more that USA is better than Mexico. I dont think the Chant was racist , but simply saying USA is better than Mexico. Which is just as bad.

Humility is an awesome trait my friends. In Mexico , you dont like the way they run things? Then the little Drug Lords will kill you. Id move too.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
reply to post by popsmayhem

Again , i think the Chant was saying more that USA is better than Mexico. I dont think the Chant was racist , but simply saying USA is better than Mexico. Which is just as bad.

Humility is an awesome trait my friends. In Mexico , you dont like the way they run things? Then the little Drug Lords will kill you. Id move too.

you are implying the topic

They did not chant USA is better than Mexico
they chanted USA USA USA...

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by rebellender

USA is very diverse. So i doubt they were meaning Racism.

If i was chanting USA USA USA at a (bunch of Mexicans) notice the implied meaning , i am not meaning they are lower / lesser human being than me , i am meaning their country sucks and America is the best , i really dont see how you get Racism from screaming USA.

By me saying a "Bunch of Mexicans" are you taking that as Racism or Nationality?
edit on 8-3-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I think it shows how tolerant those white people chanting USA really are. Instead of chanting racial slurs back at them in retaliation, they chant the unifying chant of USA USA USA. The chant even the other team being racist punks would be more than welcome to join. Says a lot if you ask me.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I am only saying that if you recognize difference between the children of the two schools, it seams your thoughts on the matter are tainted.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ajay59
How will we as a people of the Earth ever meet on common ground with separation in abundance?

Like the Indians did? With some killer buds dude.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy
reply to post by thehoneycomb

Not learning English and living in an area where Spanish is well spoken isn't an issue. As for not learning anything about this country, most Americans don't know anything about this country, from its politics to its history. People can't be dragged, kicking and screaming, down the path of wisdom; they must choose to walk it themselves. For this there is no help which can be given. We can make the resources available for people to learn, and we have, but it lies upon them to want to learn.

Not to mention, if they knew much about this country, they wouldn't come here in the first place.

But you can leave any time you want. This would be best for you, perhaps not for the country you go to though. They live in the U.S.A, they are American citizens. They chose to live in the U.S so it would be reasonable for them to assume they would hear or see the initials USA.

Suppose they were all patriotic and all had U.S flags or if the other team were all Chinese does that mean the country the chinese were in could not say the name of the country the Chinese were in because it would bother them.

Would it bother the Chinese kids in Canada or in Columbia to hear the Canadian or Colombian word said? The canadian or Columbian flags flown? Would not bother me.

edit on 8-3-2012 by Malcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

Well USA is better than Mexico. If it wasn’t we’d all be illegally crossing the Rio Grande heading south instead of north!

KIDDING (kind of)!!

Listen, not many Americans get too upset when Hispanic fly their Mexican flags over the US flag, or when they don’t assimilate, or when they don’t even speak English, etc, etc. If they do get upset, I’d guess 99% wouldn’t say anything to them about it. There is nothing wrong with patriotism.

Besides, all of the kids in the OP are American, so there should be no problem.

To these folks I’d say - Toughen up, boys! If you can’t handle chants of “USA” then how will you handle some REAL racist comments? Also, DON’T DISH IT OUT if you can’t take it.

edit to add: It’s sad that some punk reporter obviously trying to make a name for himself would drag the school, school district and these kids through the mud for some attention. Sensationalism sells but one should also think about the consequences.
edit on 8-3-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I fear the "divide and conquer" mentality bestowed on us is too deeply rooted. If that is the case, then we may as well go quietly into the night. United WE stand.....

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I see no way for us to stand as a united human race with such divisions incorperated in our very souls!

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join