It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teenagers poured gasoline on boy walking home from school and set him on fire: cops

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
www.nydailynews.com...

Apologies if this has already been posted, but i did a search and saw nothing. This disgusts me. Were the races reversed there would be mass protests and all hell would probably break loose. Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson's heads would explode. But no, this is not the case. I live in KC and my drive to work takes me by East High School. This story actually does not surprise me in KC.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
A well armed society is a well behaved society.

Throw in some decent education, get rid of the garbage TV & video games, stop poisoning the food and water, and we might have a real chance of not destroying ourselves.

edit on 5-3-2012 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Reply to post by hooptie

The laws are no longer working for us. TPTB are enjoy news like this. They loosened the belt one notch at a time the last several decades, and They continue to do so until chaos rules the streets. Then They plan to tighten the belt so tight no one will be able to breathe. Then the Sheep will finally understand we are nothing but part-time consumers and full-time slaves. Everyone in America has blood on their hands, because We the People have given TPTB the power Our forefathers tried to give us. We ignore every warning we are given, and mock the ones who try to help us, disrespecting them as well as ourselves. It is time to bring back the America We the People once proudly cherished and honored. Respect your brothers and sisters and you respect yourself.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
News like this infuriates me to no end! And you’re right; if it would have been a black or Mexican boy, all hell would have broken lose! I say and eye for an eye on this one. Give the Vitim a flame thrower and let him have at it…

Don’t expect Al and Jessie to say anything about this. It’s just another case of the black man taking out his revenge on the white man who is bringing the black man down. Either way, they will make it look like the white boy did something wrong to justify it.
edit on 5-3-2012 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Betcha dollars to donuts it won't be prosecuted as a "hate crime". Just sayin'.

Sad times, indeed. The two upstanding youths that did this should have their nether regions set on fire, and then have it stomped out by a tank.

/TOA

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
This will not be picked up by MSM.
Racism and hate crime only exist when evil white people do something, or even do nothing but it is percieved by an idiot as doing something(All white people are evil, of course, except for weak kneed lefties).

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Fantastic. So the victim is the one that is going to have to change schools, and have the family move. I'm in my mid 20's and remember a time when kids just got into a fist fight. End of story. No one would even think to pour gas on someone and light them on fire. That being said I despise hate crime laws and am going to stick to my guns. No hate crime, but please, throw the book at these kids.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
That's so sad. Why would kids do this? Could it of been a bully issue? What a strong kid to be able to put out the flames and call 911 himself. If it had been to my child, I would be changing schools and moving too. I wonder what kind of legal action will be taken against the two 16 year old boys?

link   

Originally posted by Domo1
Fantastic. So the victim is the one that is going to have to change schools, and have the family move. I'm in my mid 20's and remember a time when kids just got into a fist fight. End of story. No one would even think to pour gas on someone and light them on fire. That being said I despise hate crime laws and am going to stick to my guns. No hate crime, but please, throw the book at these kids.
Sad world we have to live in when you see this kind of behavior. Some people need to jump off the Grand Canyon like the buffalo, and then there are some that need to be herded off…

link   
I agree with JibbyJedi.. these teenagers were probably influenced by video games and other forms of media. this is cruel and a very sick thing to do. unfortunately, this is starting to become less of a surprise in America.
they probably watched one too many saw movies.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by DoNotForgetMe

Honestly: that's a weird reaction. I don't think this incident will be the downfall of your society. It's pretty bad to happen of course, but I think it is isolated? Did they target him because his name is "Coon" which is racist for black people?

Seriously, anyone who thinks this will, like, collapse your society or something, needs some perspective. Although, it's really likely that the guys who did this won't be much punishment? This is why you can't really trust too much in the legal system. In my country, we sort of operate apart from the law, you know it's very corrupt, and it may not be secure and ideal, but at least we get things done, and justice, we get it. Don't ever allow anyone to subract from your humanity and don't be subjugated ineffectually.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
You know this is the only place we'll here about this issue. Reverse the roles and it's breaking headline news on CNN, Anderson Cooper, Nancy Grace, etc. Jesse Jackson would bust a premature nut to throw his name into the media circus if it was white-on-black.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I'd like to point out the quote from the story that many other media are carrying on this.

"They rushed him on the porch as he tried to get the door open," Coon told KMBC. "(One of them) poured the gasoline, then flicked the Bic, and said, 'This is what you deserve. You get what you deserve, white boy.'"

The source is the OP link.

That seems to pretty well nail it down for motivation and nature. I'd say hate crime all the way. If THIS can't be seen that way, then racism is alive and well...and flipped 180 degrees from the old days. Racism is still as repugnant and ugly in this form as it was in that. When children can burn each other alive over the color of their skin, our nation is in terrible trouble.

If Teens have reserves of deep dark hatred this strong, what would they become as adults? Something tells me that the next couple generations may make the last few look downright wimpy in the casual brutality and off handed violence they come to think of as normal and acceptable.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
An eye for an eye.

If you purposely light someone on fire, you are bound and burned as you have done.

And then you put in a hole for 20 years.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
yes as a matter of fact i actually know this chick. in real life. and there is far more to the story than your gonna see on that article. she has been fighting VERY hard for justice for her son. and now the KCPD the KCMO school district and CPS are all up in her grill pretty much making her and her son all the more of a victim than they were already. ive been getting daily updates about this since it started.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by grokthis42

the boys name is allen. and 2 black boys were bullying him on his way home and set him on fire. last i heard they were already talking about closing the investigation. and child protective services was at her house interrogating her children alone. her fighting for her sons is bringing a complete crap storm down upon her head for sure

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
A well armed society is a well behaved society.

Throw in some decent education, get rid of the garbage TV & video games, stop poisoning the food and water, and we might have a real chance of not destroying ourselves.

Typical knee-jerk reaction for some people behaving like idiots. Punish all of us, why don't you? Just because you think TV is rubbish or computer games are the route of all evil, that doesn't make it so. I rather enjoy some TV, including the series "Spartacus", which is full of violence and sex, plus I have been playing computer games since 1989 and not ONCE have I poured petrol over someone and lit it.

Punish the perps, not society.

Originally posted by pierregustavetoutant
This will not be picked up by MSM.
Racism and hate crime only exist when evil white people do something, or even do nothing but it is percieved by an idiot as doing something(All white people are evil, of course, except for weak kneed lefties).

Not entirely true, at least on this side of the pond.

www.huffingtonpost.co.uk...

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Looks like America is headed in this direction..

[Removed Graphic Video]

edit on 6-3-2012 by BiggerPicture because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/6/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

That video was absolutely horrifying. I would suggest a warning to anyone who views it. It made me cry and it made me totally disgusted.... worse than disgusted.....at those inhuman so called people who could participare in such brutality and those who did nothing to stop it. I feel like vomiting and wish I hadn't seen that.

Things like the op and the video make me very afraid of what humanity has become.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by virraszto
reply to post by BiggerPicture

Things like the op and the video make me very afraid of what humanity has become.

That is NOT humanity.
That's a pack of animals that can't even recognize their own.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join