It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I The Only One Who Agrees With The Georgia Guide Stones?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

1. Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.

Nature will provide that balance when the time is right.

2. Guide reproduction wisely -- improving fitness and diversity.

Not theirs to do

3. Unite humanity with a living new language.

Not necessary and far from uniting would divide as people get very touch about their Mother tongue.

4. Rule passion -- faith -- tradition -- and all things with tempered reason.

I object the word 'rule'. Guide would be acceptable

5. Protect people and nations with fair laws and just courts.

Fair enough

6. Let all nations rule internally resolving external disputes in a world court.

This would depend of the make up of the Court.

7. Avoid petty laws and useless officials.

Aye

8. Balance personal rights with social duties.

And again Aye

9. Prize truth -- beauty -- love -- seeking harmony with the infinite.

The prize bit yes. The infinite? OK if you feel that way.

10. Be not a cancer on the earth -- Leave room for nature -- Leave room for nature.

At all times leave room for nature but that does not mean forced population reduction.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
500 Million is a good number; for cattle, or slaves.

Seriously, if the Georgia Guidestones are really the plans of some future power then the only purpose they serve are the best manner of enslaving humanity, to keep the numbers manageable.

The strength of the human race is the ability to work together to achieve a desired outcome, and that takes numbers. One man didn't run the space program that sent men to the moon, nor 10, nor 100, nor even 10,000. Scientific advancement comes from the collaborative effort of scientists from a host of different disciplines, with a host of new ideas. If one were to count the number of people responsible for the shuttle program, from the guy who machines the special bolts to the mission commander, I'd bet 100,000 people would be a conservative estimate.

The same goes for biology and medicine, physics, and engineering. Advances in these and nearly any other field you can think of come about as a result of people collaborating, a lot of people, building on each others work. Life, and the advancement thereof, is the ultimate open source project. Everyone can and should contribute; and the more people who do, the better the end product will be.

Keeping the Earth's population at half a billion, along with the other restrictions any such future power would likely place on the populace (No gas for your combine, the carbon footprint is too large; a sickle and scythe for you comrade!) would insure an agrarian existence at best. The pursuit of scientific knowledge - Forget about Art, Music, and Literature - would be deemed unworthy of the precious time that would be better spent planting pole beans and turning the community compost heap while chanting "Hail UNbama, for leading us into a brave new world."

"They," whoever they are, just want to keep their sheep at a manageable number. 500 Million sounds about right.
edit on 3/4/2012 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
reply to post by Sly1one

Balance personal rights with social duties.
As far as I'm concerned the only social duty I have is to "live and let live" and my personal rights granted by ME, allow me to tell you or whoever to take your social structure and shove it...

That is just selfish. Humans by our very nature are social animals. Personal right and social duty (should) go hand in hand with what it means to be Human.

ALS

Who are you to tell me I'm "selfish"? Who is anybody? This is the point I'm trying to get accross...

I owe NOTHING to humanity...
I don't owe anyone a conversation...
I don't owe anyone my participation in an "social games" they decide to play...
I don't owe anyone anything...period...
I don't owe anyone my labor...
I don't owr anyone my time...

I have a personal RIGHT to CHOSE to participate at my discression as should everyone...
Everything done socially should be done voluntarily...

The first right everyone should have is to be left the hell alone...

The only thing I owe others is to NOT be a burden on them and to take care of myself and my family WITHOUT exploiting others...

In other words...Live and let live...

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

I mostly agree with your view of the guidestones and of their possible and likely downsides. I respectfully wish to add a couple comments.

Regarding #10, Leave Room for Nature, have you seen the proposed ecological protection-zone US map prepared by some government agency? The one that is primarily composed of red and yellow zones that limit or forbid human occupation, visitation, or travel? There are black spots on the map for placing the human populations - and they are fewer than the number of existing cities.

I don't recall where I've seen that, so can't post it at this time or identify it further, but have seen it on numerous occasions and some department like Homeland Security or another seem to take it seriously. Whether serious to implement it or not it illustrates where that benign-sounding #10 could be troublesome. Besides that, Leave Room for Nature seems to get back around to that 500 million again.

English is about as close to a world language as we have, due in large part to world trade and such. Chinese may take its place in a couple decades or so. Many people already speak it, perhaps the largest number of any current language. So be it though.

All except the population reduction #1 can have a benign interpretation and they ALL can have their enslaving interpretation. I can't agree with any of it due to that potential for abuse. But as can be seen in this thread, the majority will accept it on the outset and cheerfully line up to march to the slaughterhouse.

edit on 4-3-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

The only question I have for you is, will you take one for the team and kill yourself to get human population to 500 million?

If you're serious, than you must contemplate that question.

Still agree with the guide stones??? If you do, you're suggesting genocide and eugenics.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sly1one

If you agree maybe you would like to sacrafice yourself and your family first in order to help hit that 500mill population mark...I mean since you agree the least you can do is put your money where your mouth is and "take one for the team"...

I happen to agree as well, but I don't think that the only way to obtain this population number is by killing people. On the contrary. If there were a way to convince everyone to adopt this way of thinking, then the numbers would naturally go down. It would have to be a huge movement, guided by the LOVE for humanity, not the hatred for it.

Equally, I think the rule about responsible reproduction, in terms of wanting to improve our genetics, is even more important, but I think that would also be the hardest to implement without an extensive education program for every man and woman on the planet. How do you tell someone that they shouldn't have children? I wouldn't want to be that person, but on the same hand, if reproducing my genes meant that I would be risking/cursing future generations, then I would have to have enough wisdom and insight to realize that maybe my desire to be a parent could be utilized differently...a selfless redirection of energy for the betterment of humanity. This opens a whole new can of worms where geneticists are working to "fix" some of the undesired things that show up in our DNA. On one hand, I support it because it allows everyone the same rights and enjoyments of procreating without muddying the waters, so to speak. On the other hand, what are the consequences of playing God with our own DNA?

I do think, however, that the guide stones are sound advice. It all depends on your position when you interpret it....do you view it as a "victim", or do you view it as an equal part of humanity? If you have the victim mentality, then naturally you'll automatically think someone is out to get you or your family in order to implement these "rules". For me, I just don't view it that way, with the victim mentality.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

The problem with the guidestones is not what we read(to be honest i agree with some),but what they really mean.
Since they are written with no further explanation,anyone can interpret them any way they see fit.
Let me give you an example:
a)start killing people until you reach the number
b)pass a law that allows every family one child.
c)Send the people to colonise other planets and leave only the specific number of people on Earth(a sci-fi option...)

a)match people according to their DNA and not their feelings
b)create babies on labs
c)kill anyone who doesn't fit the criteria

I can do that with all the commadments,but i think you got the point.The way humanity is today(and between you and me i don't see us change anytime soon) if anyone decide to apply them,will propably use the easy way.They will start killing.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
reply to post by Sly1one

Balance personal rights with social duties.
As far as I'm concerned the only social duty I have is to "live and let live" and my personal rights granted by ME, allow me to tell you or whoever to take your social structure and shove it...

That is just selfish. Humans by our very nature are social animals. Personal right and social duty (should) go hand in hand with what it means to be Human.

ALS

Who are you to tell me I'm "selfish"? Who is anybody? This is the point I'm trying to get accross...

I have a personal RIGHT to CHOSE to participate at my discression as should everyone...

The only thing I owe others is to NOT be a burden on them and to take care of myself and my family WITHOUT exploiting others...

Yes, BUT...and this is a huge BUT...

when you "live", your lifestyle should not impose on the lives of others. This is the same problem I have with religions, politics, parenting, and political "rights" movements. Everyone should have free will and freedom to do as they please UNLESS...

1. They are endangering or harming themselves or others.

2. There is language that leads to hatred that would allow the endangerment or harming of themselves or others. (This falls into the "new living language", since all language is "living"...English has been subjected to generations of jest, sarcasm, phrases with unknown origins, double speak, reverse meanings, and a whole host of other damaging things, that the language itself has been defiled. Much of what is said in simple day to day conversation would shock most people if they understood exactly what it was they were speaking into existence.)

3. Their beliefs and practices do not impose on the freedom of beliefs and practices, or the day-to-day free movement of activity of others....within logical reason, of course. (Any "rule" can be taken to the n'th degree and skewed so far out of context, that it becomes something else entirely later on.)

Take parenting for example...unless the child is being abused, I turn a blind eye. But when I go into a restaurant or a movie theater, I am then a paying patron and expect a certain atmosphere. If another parent's parenting techniques are such that they don't discipline their children, then they are imposing their children's bad behavior on the other paying patrons. In such a case, I'd completely support the notion that the parents are entirely free to raise their children how they choose, but not without consequences...they should be asked to leave if their children are disturbing or destroying the establishment.

The same goes with religion...practice what you will, but when your practices impose on the free will of others, then it becomes harmful. Laws are intended to impose certain basic behaviors on all, not religions. When they get so out of hand that they feel they can then protest and impose their will on others, then that's when we have the same problems we have today. Take abortion, for example...whether I agree with it or not, makes no difference. I can make a choice whether it is available to my family or not, whether it is legal or not. What others choose to do is their free will. The duality of existence must exist whether we like it or not. Fighting it is pointless, but every day, I turn on the television and that's exactly what we're doing every day....fighting it.

Our free will lies in the fact that we have choices...period. Your choices will be different than mine, and mine will be different from others. As long as my choices don't impose on you or your choices don't impose on me, and we're not harming anyone in the process, then it's good to go! THAT'S what we should be aiming for as a civilization!

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
6. Let all nations rule internally resolving external disputes in a world court.
10. Be not a cancer on the earth -- Leave room for nature -- Leave room for nature.

Maintain humanity under 5000000...Well er yeah right. You first and then all the poor and sick and then all the what do you think Blacks Asians or just the Whites??

Guide reproduction wisely. Go study Eugenics. Let the wealthy have children only and Kill anyone not perfect? Compassion is supposed to be a human trait. Kill that as well?

Unite humanity???Ala Hitler, Communism. I only see one flaw. Humanity are evil and will separate. Hell if I had a kid and my child was not perfect and you demanded its death. Unite with people like you.
Think of a Civil War or War of independence. You want my ability to choose taken from me. That is in itself the most evil thing in the world. Think about it.

4 is Christian teaching.

Point 1&2 are opposite to 5, if humanity is based on love and compassion. patently stupid. Opposed to each other Billions killed murdered and slaughtered to bring the population down then just offer them just governments and courts. Where is your brains at???

Let all nations rule internally resolving external disputes in a world court. Uhm Yeah right. Despots rise and expand. Human nature doesnt work like that. Please, reality is important when dealing with reality.

Common sense and what Communism tried to do. Problem is humans have relationships and people are placed in power to hold power and control people. Its a utopian dream built on a foundation of values people dont have

Balance personal rights with social duties. Again good Christian teaching. Problem is even Christians fail at this, everyone fails at this. Pie in the sky dreaming

Prize truth -- beauty -- love -- seeking harmony with the infinite. As opposed to sex and violence and drugs and wealth. Pie in the sky dreaming. Reality check in opening post please

Be not a cancer on the earth. Why not speak to big business and politicians and the Plebs who vote them in.
Politicians allow the cancer because thats where the money comes from. And dummys vote for those people with the best adds.
You might as well believe in fairy tales as to believe this is achievable. Bring on the gun and sword and decimate the population till it works and then stand over them till they rebel.
Its communism and not reality
edit on 4-3-2012 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

I don't see anything amazing with this list other than it has human arrogance written all over it...

edit on 4-3-2012 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-3-2012 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

From my perspective it is relatively common sense to keep humans from totally destroying themselves. If anyone else has noticed, we lived in a quite unbalanced system and these guidestones are just that, guides. Clearly they didn't really work out as planned.

= Someone doesn't get to choose who lives or dies. This is a number generated to assume the best possible balance with humans and the earth. We're about 16x over that limit and this many people are hard to control in a sense to understand and learn peace within themselves and nature. Not hoarding all they can and consuming more from nature than is needed. I am not concerned about my death in this fashion. I am understanding of the balance of nature and the imbalance it receives today by greedy people. This is a utopian ideal.

= As we see in more westernized places, people do not have children to love and teach the balance required to sustain prosperous growth. A lot of people have them for emotional holes within themselves to try to bandage their inner demons. When this happens we get many generations based off of superficiality, greed and destruction of environment, emotionally and physically. We all could live in a balanced utopia, but many peoples ideals are severely brainwashed and corrupted to unknowingly seek destruction.

Art, telepathy, empathy. Words are truly not needed a lot of the time if we use our spiritual senses to understand and love.

Passion for the greater good of us all. Faith to understand there is more readily willing to be created by us all and much more to learn than what is portrayed as the end all. Tradition to keep our spirits high to live long and move forward. I think all things tempered with reason is pretty much easy to understand.

Everyone is equal. Everyone should be treated equally and with the right teachings people wouldn't need to destroy or harm and there would be no need for courts or written law.

There should be no rules other than treat and benefit others the way you want to be treated.

Destroy all corrupt and tyrannical law and reprogram the unclean.

Let others do what they will as long as it is based off benefiting themselves and doesn't cause harm to others. Social duties in my opinion mean community. Help others that need help, don't take advantage of them because they are vulnerable.

Seek balance with yourself and others through unconditional love and grow to the stars.

As i see the world today. Many of us are cancer or on the verge of being cancerous beings infecting one another thought mindless distraction and social brainwashed acceptance. Live within nature and do not destroy nature to live.

All in all it makes sense to me on how i've interpreted it. I don't think a lot of people will understand because they are in constant fear and distraction from true nirvana.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
The problem I have with the rules is their potential subjective interpretation, allowing them to be easily spun into something good or evil.

When it comes to making rules I say "keep em few, keep em simple", which is why I only have one rule.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Still agree with the guide stones??? If you do, you're suggesting genocide and eugenics

How many people are going to post this stupidity despite the fact that no one is contemplating genocide and the OP stated he doesn't even agree with the 500,000 figure?

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

I like number 7, actually I agree with you.

2nd

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

That is the way things should be...
edit on 4-3-2012 by Redevilfan09 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-3-2012 by Redevilfan09 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

If you agree maybe you would like to sacrafice yourself and your family first in order to help hit that 500mill population mark...I mean since you agree the least you can do is put your money where your mouth is and "take one for the team"...

he said everything except the first rule, learn to read

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
On the population problem: At first i would think that they would do away with us by way of a law that stated that if your child were to be born mentally disabled you would have to abort. Another law may pass saying that all those who are mentally ill or disabled mentally after birth will be terminated. Another law may pass that all people who murdered citizens are to be terminated. Then another law will come in saying that all rapists,pedofiles, and people who have felonies will be terminated. Then another law for those who committed crimes in theft. Then another law will come out and say that if you have health problems, you are to be terminated. Once they eliminated all the bad folk, then i suppose they would come out with a test to see how mentally sane or controllable you were and if you failed that mental test you would be labeled terminated.
On the all one world law and language: I myself wonder what would be the one language selected, I don't even have a guess. The ONE WORLD LAW , tho would be a problem with that one because you can only have ONE REAL ruler that controls everything, top dog. I suppose he/she would have thier minions to do the bidding of the laws that they made, but there would be a power struggle before that EVER happened.
As far as keeping the earth green, I suppose the wealthy peoples would want plenty of space around them and enough workers/slaves for dirt pay around them. I can only see a future where these barons/minions will be the controlers and we the people left over would be the slave for them. A world going back in time of slaves instead of going forward to peace and love. We are left with the paranoid schitzo fascist greeder to rule us.
It would be nice to live in a world of peace and love, but i do not see this in the future of mankind when some people think of themselves as a better person than the other due to the amount of CONTROL one has put on another person to raise ones own self VANITY. DISGUSTING. Mankind, FAILED.
The greeder will win ,because we were TAUGHT THIS IN OUR SOCIETY TODAY. We need a new slate. WIPE THE BOARD CLEAN.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
The number was written when the thought of having billions of people on this earth was absurd.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Who wouldn't sacrifice themselves and their family for the betterment/progression of the human race?

How narcissistic and diluted do you have to be to think that we NEED you and your kin on top of the already 7 billion people?? Humanity must learn to respect and live alongside nature -- or die. There is no Earth 2.0

The Guidestones just may be the most intellectually advanced and rational document mankind's ever produced. It's an ego-less mandate for the future of the entire species.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by wlord

he said everything except the first rule, learn to read

He edited his OP to include his exception to the first rule AFTER I had posted...

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
The guidestones are so VAIG, you could put any law in there for the bidding of TPTB and make it sound nice. I don't buy it. First of all, if you wanted to lower the population you could say that you can have only one child per family.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join