It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I The Only One Who Agrees With The Georgia Guide Stones?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
So I was recently reading an article about the Georgia Guide stones, the article was bashing them saying that they are part of the satanic NWO etc etc. But I find myself in agreement with all but the first "rules" the stones set.

Anyone else feel the same?

1. Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.
2. Guide reproduction wisely -- improving fitness and diversity.
3. Unite humanity with a living new language.
4. Rule passion -- faith -- tradition -- and all things with tempered reason.
5. Protect people and nations with fair laws and just courts.
6. Let all nations rule internally resolving external disputes in a world court.
7. Avoid petty laws and useless officials.
8. Balance personal rights with social duties.
9. Prize truth -- beauty -- love -- seeking harmony with the infinite.
10. Be not a cancer on the earth -- Leave room for nature -- Leave room for nature.

ALS

ETA: sorry pressed enter by mistake thats why this thread is so rushed.
edit on 4-3-2012 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-3-2012 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Hmmmm?

I doubt you are the only one....more details please.

You must have hit enter before you were ready to.

+39 more 
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

If you agree maybe you would like to sacrafice yourself and your family first in order to help hit that 500mill population mark...I mean since you agree the least you can do is put your money where your mouth is and "take one for the team"...

link   

Yes, you are..

sec.l

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
i agree with all but the first one.

for us to continue our species, we have to grow by the numbers. limiting us to 500 million is damning us to staying on this planet, which our future isnt on. with a growing population, we should be looking for ways to begin colonizing space with the technology and resources we all know we have.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

Of coarse I wouldn't. Our society is on its way to its inevitable destruction. It doesn't take a hidden hand or a NWO to destroy this world, we are doing it ourselves. So isn't it a good idea to tell the future population how to avoid going through the same thing.

ALS

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Rules 7, 9, and 10 seem benevolent.
The rest is all about "ruling" over others, imposing their will onto others, controlling others. Is that what you agree with? Do you like being told what you can and can't do? Some idiots need that kind of help, most of us idiots can take care of ourselves just fine though.

These Guide stones seem to be in place for a future system after the population has been thinned down to below 500 million.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by XelNaga

I too disagree with the first one. 500 million seems far to little. I think 3-4 billion sounds like a more sustainable number. As long as we use our minds and knowledge to live in balance with nature.

ALS

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Personally, I have no problem with what the Guide Stones have to say on matters. It sounds like an outstanding way to live and keep everything in balance with nature around us.

The problem is..we're so unthinkable far beyond anything they're suggesting there in population at least, the steps it would take to return to those logical guidelines would be draconian...if not outright evil. Or...We can spend many generations with responsible and intelligent effort together. Yeah..that last part isn't likely, huh? So...I think that is where people read that an just kinda go Tilt. 500 million sounds good...but from almost 7 billion, how does one get there without Murder and Wholesale slaughter on a level that would have Mao and Stalin screaming for mercy?

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Ready for the NWO are we, ALS?

There are one or two nice sentiments there--minus the 500,000,000 BS--but man's rhetoric always leaves something to be desired in the implementation stage if you catch my drift.
edit on 4-3-2012 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I'm not totally against the laws? I think something needs to be done concerning population control to save our resources. Most of the population is congested in cities and near sea ports. ( I hate Christmas shopping!) It's a mad house trying to get through the traffic. This is when I start ranting about the increasing population. BUT, if we had other energy sources, besides oil, people wouldn't be so dependent on technology and a weekly wage. People could relax and grow their own food, because they have their own natural energy source and spread out to areas that are sparsely populated. The exploitation and greed won't allow it, but I'm beginning to think that a catastrophic event would force the spiritual growth of humanity to rise above greed and to one of brotherly love, if they survive.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
Rules 7, 9, and 10 seem benevolent.
The rest is all about "ruling" over others, imposing their will onto others, controlling others. Is that what you agree with? Do you like being told what you can and can't do? Some idiots need that kind of help, most of us idiots can take care of ourselves just fine though.

These Guide stones seem to be in place for a future system after the population has been thinned down to below 500 million.

And the difference between those rules and the ones we live by today are?

Lets face it although we like to think we are free, we are not. The problem is the rule makers make laws that benifit only them. If we make laws that benitfit all of mankind, we will be a lot happier and a lot more free than we have ever been.

ALS

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
why doesn't someone just go to these guidestones and add some zeros? problem solved!

Just by being able to have everyone speak the same language is a means of control. I don't like it.

things will change though, so.......

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT
Ready for the NWO are we, ALS?

There are one or two nice sentiments there--minus the 500,000,000 BS--but man's rhetoric always leaves something to be desired in the implementation stage if you catch my drift.
edit on 4-3-2012 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

But the stones are a message for after our coming collaspe. Our civilisation is coming to an end, War, Famine, over population, disease. Whether we blame it on the NWO or not, we have all played a part in this collaspe.

ALS

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
1. Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.
= someone gets to "choose" who can reproduce and how many times.

2. Guide reproduction wisely -- improving fitness and diversity.
= Pretty vague honestly, not a lot of instruction here that couldn't be misinterpreted for Eugenics

3. Unite humanity with a living new language.
This makes sense...

4. Rule passion -- faith -- tradition -- and all things with tempered reason.
This makes sense...on an individual level. So long as RULE means someone else isn't ruling my passion/faith/tradition with THEIR tempered reason...

5. Protect people and nations with fair laws and just courts.
Lets get real here, since when in the history of mankind have we been able to create ANYTHING "fair" or "just"? Fair laws is as about as fantasy filled as a Utopia...about as practical too...

6. Let all nations rule internally resolving external disputes in a world court.
There is that word "Rule" again...WHO is going to be doing this "Ruling"?? Obama? The People?? Been there done that and I think people are finally starting to see/admit its not "wroking" like they "dreamed" it would...#6 is more of the same...

7. Avoid petty laws and useless officials.
See...5 and 6...

8. Balance personal rights with social duties.
As far as I'm concerned the only social duty I have is to "live and let live" and my personal rights granted by ME, allow me to tell you or whoever to take your social structure and shove it...

9. Prize truth -- beauty -- love -- seeking harmony with the infinite.
New Age Dribble...vauge and to no point...what the hell does this even mean? Surely the "author" realizes concepts such as beauty, love, and harmony are relative?

10. Be not a cancer on the earth -- Leave room for nature -- Leave room for nature.
This one I actually agree with completely. Instead of existing outside of nature like we do NOW, it would be wise to exist AS nature itself in the future...

I don't see anything amazing with this list other than it has human arrogance written all over it...

edit on 4-3-2012 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-3-2012 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
reply to post by XelNaga

I too disagree with the first one. 500 million seems far to little. I think 3-4 billion sounds like a more sustainable number. As long as we use our minds and knowledge to live in balance with nature.

ALS

I think the number is low too. I think it's possible that our earth could support 10 billion, but it would take a completely different way of life to maintain that population and we are not there! Consumers are going through resources like termites. I think the biggest indication of the destruction of this planet is the rain forests. It didn't take long for the pioneers to go through the forests to heat their homes. Eventually they had to turn to coal.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

I see nothing at all satanic about the ideals set forth in the guide stones. In fact they parallel the teachings of many religions and much of philosophy in many ways. What is so wrong or satanic about living in harmony with nature, having just courts, limiting unneeded laws, or showing love and compassion to your fellow man?

I do admit that there is a problem adhering to the population part of the guidestones but I honestly believe that we will witness a calamity in the near future that will greatly reduce the world population. Maybe not by 5.5 billion but something will happen whether its global warfare, global rioting/civil unrest..........something is bound to happen soon.

Other than maintaining a 500,000 population the guidestones set forth a set of ideals that we should all strive to live by or atleast institute to some degree into our personal everyday lives.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
ok... So, lets say you only have 500 million.

Lets say, the plague destroys that 500 million.. any big plague. So then you're left with an unpopulated planet.

btw, I dont agree with the guidestones or anyone else that wants to muck around with world populations. Nature/God/other will take care of it's own, I'm sure. Stop messing with things that we know nothing about and I think we'll get along just fine.

The problem isnt world population, it's world idiocy. We poison and or destroy everything in sight. If we can get passed this, we should do just fine. Overpopulation is a crock when you can fit every living person in one state with plenty of room to move around. So how exactly are we overpopulated again?

As far as the rest of those.. just as ignorant.

My humble opinion.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

Balance personal rights with social duties.
As far as I'm concerned the only social duty I have is to "live and let live" and my personal rights granted by ME, allow me to tell you or whoever to take your social structure and shove it...

That is just selfish. Humans by our very nature are social animals. Personal right and social duty (should) go hand in hand with what it means to be Human.

ALS

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn

We aren't overpopulated in terms of land mass but rather in term of resources. Even still its not so much in terms of resource but how quick we consume them.

ALS

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join