It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I The Only One Who Agrees With The Georgia Guide Stones?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Who wrote the Georgia guidstones - God? or some self made god.
Over population is a Myth - There are exactly the right amount of people on the planet at any given time as there should be.
Next some self made god will be telling us what colour the sky should be.
There is more than enough for to meet the needs not greed for all on Earth
edit on 5-3-2012 by artistpoet because: typo

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
So I was recently reading an article about the Georgia Guide stones, the article was bashing them saying that they are part of the satanic NWO etc etc. But I find myself in agreement with all but the first "rules" the stones set.

Anyone else feel the same?

1. Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.
2. Guide reproduction wisely -- improving fitness and diversity.
3. Unite humanity with a living new language.
4. Rule passion -- faith -- tradition -- and all things with tempered reason.
5. Protect people and nations with fair laws and just courts.
6. Let all nations rule internally resolving external disputes in a world court.
7. Avoid petty laws and useless officials.
8. Balance personal rights with social duties.
9. Prize truth -- beauty -- love -- seeking harmony with the infinite.
10. Be not a cancer on the earth -- Leave room for nature -- Leave room for nature.

ALS

ETA: sorry pressed enter by mistake thats why this thread is so rushed.
edit on 4-3-2012 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-3-2012 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

I actually do agree with those principles so long as the population reduction is done over time by humane means such as reduction of procreation, and not genocide.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

The Georgia Guidestones are a wonderful tribute to GOOD SENSE. Those who speak of the stones as a message from an "evil satanist cabal" need their #ing heads checked.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by theclutch
why doesn't someone just go to these guidestones and add some zeros? problem solved!

Just by being able to have everyone speak the same language is a means of control. I don't like it.

things will change though, so.......

Why doesn't someone just go to these guidestones and add some sledgehammers?

Unbelievable that there are people even considering to agree with those "wishes". Like an ATS memeber said....if you like those guidestone stuff, why not volunteer yourself and your family to be "sacrificed" for a better future for us all. Pure fascist garbage.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet

Over population is a Myth - There are exactly the right amount of people on the planet at any given time as there should be.

Perhaps the problem is not over population in itself, but the fact that we have no respect for our planet or anything on it. With this many people being careless and wasteful the consequenses are sure to be dire.

We have upset the balance of nature in so many ways....

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Did you read it off Cracked.com?

Also, I think it's hard not to agree with these rules, as they call officials "useless". No one wants someone useless. So all in all I agree to an extent, but keeping the population to under 500 million is just kind of ridiculous.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Nope. I totally agree with it as well.

However, i don't believe in limiting the amount of children people can have, nor deciding who can and can't have children, but we could maintain the population much simpler by getting rid of nanny programs and letting natural selection take its due course. Get rid of helmet laws, seatbelt laws, extended life support, extended jail terms, and enact tort reform to eliminate frivolous lawsuits. Get rid of long-term disability coverage. Get rid of suicide laws and empower doctors to perform euthanasia. Get rid of FEMA, and stop funding the Red Cross. If people want to voluntarily form charities or organizations fine, but no government funding for it is necessary or prudent. (Didn't Ron Paul just say something similar after the tornadoes?)

There are plenty of ways to let the population limit itself, we don't need to put a limit on it, just allow nature to happen... naturally.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I agree with you in theory, but we have created this thing called technology and that is genie that is hard to put back in the bottle.

As long as we have the technology to "play god" and keep people alive, cure disease, and do a host of other things to keep our populations growing, it is hard to imagine humans walking away from that and allowing nature to take its course.

We have been fighting nature via technology and science for awhile now. I foresee a depopulation event that will occur one day that will be beyond the scope of our technology to fix, and nature will hit the reset button for us. It has happened in the past to varying degrees, almost as if the planet itself knows when things have gotten too far out of hand.

Not to get all avatar or anything.....just a thought.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimultaneousFinal

The Georgia Guidestones are a wonderful tribute to GOOD SENSE. Those who speak of the stones as a message from an "evil satanist cabal" need their #ing heads checked.

It doesn't amaze me anymore that people think these "guidelines" are good sense.
After growing up whilst ingesting environmentalism, idealism, realism and atheism and a hundred other ISMs - their brains have been so corrupted by the lack of God that they'd agree that 90% of the population needs to be exterminated, that the planet must be placed back in it's wild state and that eugenics will create the master race.
Sure, it's not an evil Satanic cabal. NOT.

"You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desire. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies." John 8:44

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
How can you rule tradition when there are so many different traditions? Who's tradition is right and who's is wrong? Is thanksgiving evil? I somewhat agree with most of the rest. I don't understand how rights would be assigned, this system could easily be corrupted by those who feel their family line is better. Are people going to be eliminated because they aren't cute enough?

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
"1. Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature."

There can be no coincidence that this falls perfectly in line with TPTW. The suppressed technology that must exist by now could quite easily make shortages of food and energy a thing of the past. Not to mention what this technology could perceivably do for land, that is almost uninhabitable now. Even if we are many, Life will find a way.
AND WHAT IF IT GOES TO 500,000,001, WHO HAS THE AUTHORITY TO MAINTAIN IT?

"4. Rule passion -- faith -- tradition -- and all things with tempered reason."

They all seem to be written not as a guide for each person to follow, or a personal philosophy on equality and balance while together, but as a template for the next rulers,leaders,dictators to adhere to. The word rule always leaves a bitter taste, Have we not learned by now, Power corrupts and letting one person tell another how they should live has never, and will NEVER work.

"3. Unite humanity with a living new language."

Each one of us is unique,just as each language is, and we certainly DO NOT need or require a universal tongue to unite us. The presupposition here is astounding, whats with this living? Am I speaking a dead language now? Are you?

Whether or not there are some inspiring ideas on the guidestones, its overall tone and message falls in line with the very same people who seek to poison, torture, and kill each and every one of us(well those of us not willing to be a preprogrammed slave)

Wouldnt this be how they recruit, Mix there message of hate and control into a puff piece on equality and peace. Seems to be working!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

The stones do NOT mention anything about "sacrifices". They are a message to SURVIVORS OF A CATASTROPHE THAT WIPES OUT MOST OF HUMANITY. Are you dense? Do you just want something--ANYTHING--to gripe about? TELL ME ONE POINT on the Guidestones that you disagree with.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by WhoKnows100

No one said EXTERMINATED, buffoon! These are instructions for the FEW SURVIVORS that would remain after a cataclysmic event. WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU???? Put your bible down for 2 seconds.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ucantcme

Originally posted by artistpoet

Perhaps the problem is not over population in itself, but the fact that we have no respect for our planet or anything on it. With this many people being careless and wasteful the consequenses are sure to be dire.

We have upset the balance of nature in so many ways....

Yes I agree we have upset the balance of nature - for example the state of the soil in which we grow food is badly depleted of all goodness.
I visited an Island called Sanday in the Orkneys - In the past Vikings used to grow wheat there year upon year without giving anything back to the soil - eventually the soil depleted of all organic matter was relegated to almost all sand on which nothing but coarse sparodic grass would grow.
Monsanto type thinking is not the answer for what are obvious reasons -
The answer is simple yet evades many - the answer is natural and simple - Give back to the Earth that which you take from it - Simple natural law.
When we harm nature we harm ourselves and yet how many really consider that the Earth has a purpose as do we both in the way of soul and biologically.
I believe it is our true nature to care for the Earth and each other
We can fire rockets to the Moon, view star fields millions of light years away - we are smart enough to sort out what ails us and our Earth if we want, if we choose to, if we care enough.
To bring the Earth to such a state where it is so depleted and then to think we can inhabit a new planet does not solve our inbalnance within ourselves, with the Earth or the greater Cosmos.
I am sure I just heard an alien sigh.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

"Simple natural law." damn right

We do not want or need any man or woman to tell each one of us how to live, we are inherently, intuitively in tune with creation, we simply must become aware of it. And the search for this awareness will set us free.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
So I was recently reading an article about the Georgia Guide stones, the article was bashing them saying that they are part of the satanic NWO etc etc. But I find myself in agreement with all but the first "rules" the stones set.

Anyone else feel the same?

1. Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.

This figure is conjecture there's no proof sustainability and peace (nature included) cannot be had with a higher number the fact this number is set down in any case. post apocalyptic survival or draconian population control aside means the author is not a fan of humanity and considers a bulk of the population is worthless. Its a hint of a eugenic philosophy that human beings can be "bred" for success.

2. Guide reproduction wisely -- improving fitness and diversity.

Eugenic statement. Again breeding for success when in this day and age even minor genetic engineering is expensive and unpredictable.

3. Unite humanity with a living new language.

This could possibly happen if the above conditions are met. Again simplifying sentient life leads only to a path of self sterilization. No diversity? No mutation and differences mean the entire species can be wiped out easier.

4. Rule passion -- faith -- tradition -- and all things with tempered reason.

Subjective content. odd how the words tradition and faith are put in where the above would require a fundamental lack of these things. Most important word here is Rule.

5. Protect people and nations with fair laws and just courts.

That is after the above is met cause once the size and shape is "perfect" of course ruling them will be much easier.

6. Let all nations rule internally resolving external disputes in a world court.

One.. world.. government... external dispute amongst sovereigns are to be handled between said sovereigns if there was said court this court would be tantamount to a world government there would be no nations here just subjects of the world court.

7. Avoid petty laws and useless officials.

And self contradictory guide-stones.

8. Balance personal rights with social duties.

personal rights is an interesting way to put it, what constitutes a social duty? the laws above? stone the child over 500000000? kill everyone over 30 years old? aloof half statement alluding probably to something worse.

9. Prize truth -- beauty -- love -- seeking harmony with the infinite.

Utterly contradictory with the statements above unless of course this is a "if you've done steps one through eight you should now have --- etc.

10. Be not a cancer on the earth -- Leave room for nature -- Leave room for nature.

The idea man can fully comprehend his impact on the environment seems arrogant to me. To think that in our grand knowledge of this world we live is sufficient enough to put an ideal "human weight limit" is hubris.

Technology and better societal systems can ensure we live with nature in a harmonic way, but we aren't there yet. To condemn man away from achieving this by simply saying "you are cancer on this planet" is nothing more then the propaganda of self hatred. And that is nothing new to this world.

Self love and the willingness to improve our lives and our world will accomplish utopia. Nothing else.. no order of cryptic laws left in stone or some Malthusian idea one must suffer life to live it.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mandrakerealmz

THIS PLANET COULD SUPPORT 100 BILLION PEOPLE.

Yes? How? Unless you plan to turn Planet Earth into some kind of Coruscant of course...

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wiz4769
For the most part, everyone that posts on this forum will be the culled, thats right, your not special in any way shape or form. So if you agree, go ahead and step off the cliff first please and get it going. Save some resources and do it yourself now....

This is what people do not understand, they think we do need population reduction, and heck maybe we do I dont know, but they seem to get this idea that this doesnt mean them, just all those other undesirables. No it means you reading this, the elite are exempt only, plus the few "privileged" they decide to keep to be their slaves and work force.

Now sure you can consider some of the other ideas as not totally evil, but again you are not going to be the one deciding who, what , or where any of this takes place. Its "TPTB" that want to decide for us. Or did you think we would have a nice big meeting and raise your hands to show if you agree or not on each topic and decision? This is the problem,, some of the ideas might be ok, but how they are implemented is a whole other story. So best we dont go down that path as will not end well for us common folks.

I agree with one of the posters above. The Guide stones are a guide 'after' a catastrophic event for the remaining population.

I think it's extremely selfish and irresponsible for a population to continue to produce at a rapid rate like mice. We already see that the 'anchor' babies are going to be a majority in America soon. We are more responsible wtih our animal's breeding habits than we are our own. It angers me to see a woman on welfare popping out babies one after another. I think the biggest stumbling block to population control is religion. I think it's time to be rational and think about the future of OUR CHILDREN! There is no way this earth is going to sustain THIS population with the consumer practices we have today and give nothing back! I'm not saying people should only have one child, but think about the furture generations and what we are leaving them! I think, if people can't do that, then they are the selfish ones. The natural resources are not being replenshed and fresh water is going to be very important in the near future.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by zatara

Originally posted by theclutch
why doesn't someone just go to these guidestones and add some zeros? problem solved!

Just by being able to have everyone speak the same language is a means of control. I don't like it.

things will change though, so.......

Why doesn't someone just go to these guidestones and add some sledgehammers?

Unbelievable that there are people even considering to agree with those "wishes". Like an ATS memeber said....if you like those guidestone stuff, why not volunteer yourself and your family to be "sacrificed" for a better future for us all. Pure fascist garbage.

Why doesn't someone go to the bible and burn the pages?
10 commandments is far more imposing..telling you not only how to live, but what to even think.

That is "good" fascism though, right?

All you read is the first one, isn't it...
I personally like the stones and all they say. the first one of course being a sliding scale. should have not been a number, just a balance between mankind and ecosystem we live in. If we can have a planet with 500 billion, all run on green energy and not impacting the environment at all, then fantastic...or if we can only support half a million because we are incredible disasters wherever we are, then so be it.

And yes, I will not have any more than a single child...and actually, chances are I won't have any..but if for some reason I get the "itch", I will limit myself to only 1...that is called reduction and planning without having to suicide or murder anyone.

mind blowing thought..isn't it.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni

Originally posted by Mandrakerealmz

THIS PLANET COULD SUPPORT 100 BILLION PEOPLE.

Yes? How? Unless you plan to turn Planet Earth into some kind of Coruscant of course...

Cannibalism of course

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join