It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange lights in Vegas sky 3/2/12 right now

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

Yeah, some one takes the time to post things UFO related in a conspiracy / alternative topic forum... and hes dumb.. the mentality of some members is starting to get to me, if you dont want to read about this stuff... go back to watching Judge Judy.

Back on topic...

I have been seeing strange things in the sky, im on the east coast. Nice thread, ill be looking up.

Thanks.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
reply to post by wingsfan

Cold crisp nights will make the sound seem louder than usual.

point taken, though I used to live pretty close to the base and was used to it. when I moved to where I am now, it was rare to hear the jets like this, even in much colder winters. this winter has been pretty fair, even by our standards.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by wingsfan

whats strange to me was i didnt hear anything.. which to me was weird

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by sicksonezer0

Yeah, some one takes the time to post things UFO related in a conspiracy / alternative topic forum... and hes dumb.. the mentality of some members is starting to get to me, if you dont want to read about this stuff... go back to watching Judge Judy.

Back on topic...

I have been seeing strange things in the sky, im on the east coast. Nice thread, ill be looking up.

Thanks.

Im just getting extra scrutiny for being a known skeptic on these boards. So because Im open minded enough to post an experience of my own, they feel the need to jump on me for posting something that, ironically, helps their cause...

Apparently you need to either be a true believer( which means dont believe in any skepticism) or only a debunk-er sometimes..

Interesting that reality is never so cut and dry.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Talked to my dad more today. If you are familiar with the area he was viewing them from near Jokers Wild on South Boulder Highway. The topography is such that my father was looking down into the valley and he was higher up than the Strip. Said that they were to his northwest, and were on the far side of the valley, on the other side of the strip.

With more than 2 million people in Vegas one would think more people would have noticed... but there are a lot of distractions going on in Vague Guess.

Gambling = a Vague Guess.

Edit to add: And most people LOSS money due to their vague guess.
edit on 4-3-2012 by ILikeStars because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   

many stealth aircraft can run very quietly. But don't behave like what you were witnessing, to the best of my knowledge.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ILikeStars

Talked to my dad more today. If you are familiar with the area he was viewing them from near Jokers Wild on South Boulder Highway. The topography is such that my father was looking down into the valley and he was higher up than the Strip. Said that they were to his northwest, and were on the far side of the valley, on the other side of the strip.

With more than 2 million people in Vegas one would think more people would have noticed... but there are a lot of distractions going on in Vague Guess.

Edit to add: And most people LOSS money due to
their vague guess.
edit on 4-3-2012 by ILikeStars because: (no reason given)

Seems your dad and I witnessed the exct same thing, Same time, and same location in the sky. Yea, I was hoping someone else on ATS saw this. Its not like I was the only one luck enough to snag some of the images

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Latest News 4 March 2012

Meteor witnessed across Britain

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   

I'm in New England and I never see anything from where I live. And then, just last night 3/3/12 I looked up just in time to see a yellow object streak for half a second and then burn out. I want to say meteor but it didn't have a tail.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by DumbTopSecretWriters
Latest News 4 March 2012

Cool meteor but what does it have to do with this thread?

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
reply to post by MissingRonnieR

Lol. My wife said the same thing to me last night... too funny...

lights can be from some sort of communication/information transfer. Lights can also be caused by the propulsion system.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by bottleslingguy

lights can be from some sort of communication/information transfer. Lights can also be caused by the propulsion system.

I know I said Id ignore you.. But there you go being civil and raising a great point. Cant believe I didnt think of that. Esp with the amounf times ive seen independence day lol.

But now I have an argument to retort with

Thank you bottle..

Honestly, whats your opinion of this? IF you had to lean one way or the other...

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by DumbTopSecretWriters
Latest News 4 March 2012

Still wondering what the point of this was... Are you trying to say what I saw, and whats in that video is actually this meteor? I sure hope thats not what youre trying to imply....

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Since there is no reference point in the video to show you're really filming the sky, also with low quality there is no verifiable evidence that those are UFO's. As far as most of us here on ATS are concerned those lights could easily be stars and, the bright one could be the moon with a cheap digital camera. It's difficult to do but if you can filming through a telescope works great, just as a future reference. I took a picture of mars using that trick. good luck next time

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnCreed777

Since there is no reference point in the video to show you're really filming the sky, also with low quality there is no verifiable evidence that those are UFO's. As far as most of us here on ATS are concerned those lights could easily be stars and, the bright one could be the moon with a cheap digital camera. It's difficult to do but if you can filming through a telescope works great, just as a future reference. I took a picture of mars using that trick. good luck next time

Wait, what? How can you not tell its the sky? Did you watch all the videos? I gave a point of refernce video of the same view during the day. The house lines up exactly where the house lights are in the night video. Very simple. And how on earth could those be the stars or the moon (??!!) Planes, Id cencede, before stars and the moon.

I guess if you dont have anything else, saying that I just simply wasnt filming the sky will have to suffice for the debunking.. lol

Also dont forget, other posters in Vegas saw the exact same thing

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Same here, I live in the northern midwest and I never see anything. At least until a few years ago at least, I think it was spring 2008. I was taking my dog out to do her business, the sky was nice and clear and full of stars. I saw a bright orb that was unmistakingly out of our atmosphere I thought that perhaps I was just seeing a satellite or the ISS, that was until it speed up banked a sharp 90 then disappeared leaving a trail of light. Naturally it was silent, no blinking lights, just one solid light. With how bright it was at that height I'd say it was significantly large, if it was indeed large like a mothership, then this thing was flying amongst the stars. I wished I'd had a telescope or camera with me at the time.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Im just getting extra scrutiny for being a known skeptic on these boards. So because Im open minded enough to post an experience of my own, they feel the need to jump on me for posting something that, ironically, helps their cause...
Interesting that reality is never so cut and dry.

That is because its based on a scale, with Groupies on the one end and Debunker Trolls of the other end with the Maybe... Maybe Nots in the middle... the rest of us fall somewhere along that scale. Skeptics with an open mind and Skeptical believers are fine... but the both extreme ends can be dangerous

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ILikeStars

Yes Vegas is a huge bowl... but if he saw those lights from Jokers Wild they must have been pretty bright. Not saying he didn't see them... just they must have really stood out. As to others seeing it, 90% of people don't really care to look... I have pointed to things in the sky and people say "i don't see it" By the time they are looking at the right spot, its long gone. With all the stuff in the air in Vegas, most stop looking.

Every night at sunset you will see a long string of lights heading west over Charleston... those are the fleet of Grand Canyon tour choppers coming home for the day. I am on the direct line between Nellis and Edwards and I can set my watch by the Janet planes coming home. The one from Los Alamos is interesting because it doesn't follow the normal holding pattern... just comes in low directly from that direction of Los Alamos

Edit to add: And most people LOSS money due to their vague guess.

HEY don't be knocking THAT
Those people pay our state taxed
We LIKE tourists with deep pockets

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Yea I see those choppers as well. Thats why to me this was interesting because I am over by red rock... But this happened later at night (11pm) and they were moving in multiple directions sometimes east not really west, more north south and east

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by bottleslingguy

I know I said Id ignore you.. But there you go being civil and raising a great point. Cant believe I didnt think of that. Esp with the amounf times ive seen independence day lol.

But now I have an argument to retort with

Thank you bottle..

Honestly, whats your opinion of this? IF you had to lean one way or the other...

my opinion of black sky backgrounds leans more towards a harder skepticism simply because of the lack of visual information. They are also easier to hoax, not saying you are, I'm just sayin. With the follow up daytime video you posted it looks like the lights in a line at the bottom of the shot were either over or behind those hills in the distance. You may want to consider carrying a camera everywhere (seriously), don't make a big deal out of it just start taking it with you nonchalantly. Every believer has to start somewhere right?

I am all for trying to figure out what is behind strange sightings but most times at some point you hit a wall and have to say we can't go any further. That's why we carry the camera, just in case you get that once in a lifetime sighting. And even then you will get Debbie Downers who can't see past youtube compression. Anywho I'm sorry to sound like a douche but you made me mad when you said you didn't just record every light in the sky as if you were unique. ONE OF US!!! ONE OF US!!! lol

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join