It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA discovers gigantic structures 25,000 light-years tall at center of milky way.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
When one sees something like that...well it's no wonder our galaxy might be so appealing to those in others.

Perhaps it's like moths to flames?

Very interesting!

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze
[more

You are 9months away from understanding what the Mayans civilization was

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
It looks like the moon with it's reflection in the water over a swampy island. Pretty and not real. When did they start promoting fake things like this?

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Being a biology teacher it reminds me of an atom.
edit on 2-3-2012 by FEJ1106 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by FEJ1106
Being a biology teacher it reminds me of an atom.
edit on 2-3-2012 by FEJ1106 because: (no reason given)

A drawing of an atom? Or a picture of one? Would you go so far as to say that any difference between the two is one of scale? I have heard said (somewhere) that the difference between the size of a galaxy and an atom is about
the size of people.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by FEJ1106

Looks like cyanide

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
LOL, I love the posts from people who question or didn't know this was an artists rendering. Sometimes ignorance is adorable

edit on 2-3-2012 by Lighterside because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bpm1986

Originally posted by ImaFungi
How would those "structures" maintained structured being that the galaxy is moving extremely fast?

We travel at thousands of miles an hour around the sun....do you notice anything? Scale, would be my best guess at your question....
edit on 2-3-2012 by Bpm1986 because: (no reason given)

your first question doesnt have much to do with mine, at least i think.......

what im saying is,, if the entire galaxy, in a million years as a system, has moved 329849324 million miles through space,,, how do these 25,000 light year huge bubbles stay in tact and so neatly?

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bpm1986

How would those "structures" maintained structured being that the galaxy is moving extremely fast?

We travel at thousands of miles an hour around the sun....do you notice anything? Scale, would be my best guess at your question....
edit on 2-3-2012 by Bpm1986 because: (no reason given)

your first question doesnt have much to do with mine, at least i think.......

what im saying is,, if the entire galaxy, in a million years as a system, has moved 329849324 million miles through space,,, how do these 25,000 light year huge bubbles stay in tact and so neatly?

Magic, of course. =)

just kidding. But seriously, you're asking questions that you already know don't have an absolute answer.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by SoulVisions

I was asking, to see if the way i imagine the galaxy to move and at speed is correct,,, and the nasa image is what they believe is accurately correct, if my question is of significance and has answer.. its the first thing i thought of..... are these images a mili second snapshot from millions of years in the past?

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Astounding! Wow...!

I haven't read the entire thread, so please forgive me if someone has already stated this. Does it remind you of cell-division? As in what happens to an egg after it has been insemenated with a sperm cell? Could we be witnessing a grand version of the birth of a galactic organism? The wonder...!

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I think 'structure' is the wrong word, they just need to name it already... I'll name it, galactic-axis-spheroid-tron... galaxoidtron...

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
They really should stop using the word 'structure' it is misleading - rocks on mars are also called 'structures' fyi, heck even a cloud is called 'structure'... It's as lame as 'boogey' then again astronauts aren't scientists so the latter is forgiven

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
abit OFF TOPIC but its along the same lines... and since i cant make my own thread yet

THE APOLLO 20 MISSION..

ufoforums.co.uk...

you may already know about this craft explored... the size of it is unbelievable....

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
more on the Apollo 20 misson..

www.angelismarriti.it...

But the most interesting information are about the presumed alien ship:

" "

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...
starburstfound.org...

For those interested in emissions click on links above
edit on 3-3-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

"How would those "structures" maintained structured being that the galaxy is moving extremely fast? "

Like everthing else in our mutiverse, its probably held together by a combination of magnetic/gravitational fields.
edit on 3-3-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-3-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   

by that definition my fart is a structure.

Gas / Particles / Light emission in my understanding should not be called structures.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   

how do these 25,000 light year huge bubbles stay in tact and so neatly?

Just remeber this picture is a colourised version of multipule pics.

It would by like turning on a microwave and drawing the shapes the waves make inside, from a picutre taken with a camera that can see them, and then overlay a normal picture of it over the top. Then you are seeing in multiple wavelenghts on one "chart"

edit on 3-3-2012 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by tombangelta

by that definition my fart is a structure.

Gas / Particles / Light emission in my understanding should not be called structures.

So then in that case - The Black hole consumes food (Stars etc) and farts - These lobes are Black Hole farts
Farts release pressure from gases created by our stomachs working upon food
No being funy but agreeing

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join