It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA discovers gigantic structures 25,000 light-years tall at center of milky way.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
reply to post by LilDudeissocool

Maybe this gigantic violet colored structure is like a magnetic field,but also like the aurora borealis seen hear on earth,only on a super massive scale and size? An aurora is caused by the collision of energetic charged particles with atoms in the high altitude atmosphere and the charged particles originate in the magnetosphere...

edit on 5-3-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

That was my line of thinking, but I wanted to run it by CLPrime. He has this sort of stuff down cold.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime
reply to post by LilDudeissocool

It's not possible to just have plumes instead of jets. The mechanism responsible for sending particles out into space (the strong magnetic field) is what accelerates them to near the speed of light, which fires them out like a laser.

However... along those lines, this may be evidence that our galaxy used to be a quasar a few billion years ago. Quasars are active galactic nuclei which send out jets of high-energy particles. If the early Milky Way were a quasar, then these jets would long since have stopped, leaving behind these balloon-like regions of high-energy electrons. That's very possible.

The quasar possible explanation is definitely I can get my head around. I really appreciate your time on this matter.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

This will be one of the last discoveries of NASA for a year or so, if Obama has his way.

Feast your eyes, people...you may not be getting any more of this for a while

edit on CWednesdayam242441f41America/Chicago07 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Looks like a lot of light and electrical activity at the center of our Galaxy.
First let NASA and science retract a black hole being at the center because there
should be a lack of activity with a hole sucking up light and anything moving.
Stop with the showing us star activity when they can't tell us the voltage on the Sun and
how planet momentum is imparted or how Earth's magnetic poles reverse without a
physical reversal with their new found smartness. NASA and the working scientific
community are the black holes sucking all the Tesla science out of our universe.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
The very awesome picture submitted by the OP reminds me of the kabalistic picturegram of the creator looking down and seeing his mirror image reflecting back at him...as above/so below.

Very cool.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Are universe really is that beautiful

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

I'm i the only one perplexed at how this works? The use the term light years to reference that you would have to travel at the speed of light for one year to get to a set distance. Might I ask how is any Nasa prob traveling at the speed of light? to even be able capture these images

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blurps

I'm i the only one perplexed at how this works? The use the term light years to reference that you would have to travel at the speed of light for one year to get to a set distance. Might I ask how is any Nasa prob traveling at the speed of light? to even be able capture these images

I can do it from my front yard. Here a section of the milky way hundreds of light years across...

I'm a time magician too... I took a picture that has some stars from a few years ago to some stars from hundreds of years ago... maybe thousands or more.

Sometimes the simplest things are truly amazing when you sit down and think about them...

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Great find OP! It goes to show you we still have a lot to learn about the universe and how it operates. While reading this thread and seeing the artist's interpretation of what the gamma rays look like I am reminded of the ancient philosophy "As Above, So Below".

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join