It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA discovers gigantic structures 25,000 light-years tall at center of milky way.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet

Originally posted by tombangelta
reply to post by pianopraze

by that definition my fart is a structure.

Gas / Particles / Light emission in my understanding should not be called structures.

So then in that case - The Black hole consumes food (Stars etc) and farts - These lobes are Black Hole farts
Farts release pressure from gases created by our stomachs working upon food
No being funy but agreeing

I've done a few in my time that even a black hole wouldn't touch lol.

structure [ˈstrʌktʃə]
n
1. a complex construction or entity
2. the arrangement and interrelationship of parts in a construction, such as a building
3. the manner of construction or organization the structure of society
4. (Life Sciences & Allied Applications / Biology) Biology morphology; form
5. (Chemistry) Chem the arrangement of atoms in a molecule of a chemical compound the structure of benzene
6. (Earth Sciences / Geological Science) Geology the way in which a mineral, rock, rock mass or stratum, etc., is made up of its component parts
7. Now rare the act of constructing

looks like im sorta wrong

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by aaronez
25000 light years across... geez I suddenly feel absolutely miniscule and insignificant....
All we are is dust in the wind...Sand grains in infinity...Never comprehending the microscopic universe that exists within all of us,unknown and unexplored...

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I see the real estate bubbles for the Galactic Federation of Light growing exponentially.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Maybe in that microscopic universe within us exists advanced civilizations on planets like earth that have built Big robot like creatures controlled with microelectronic signals. So that explains man, what about deer and skunks?

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by blocula

25000 light years across... geez I suddenly feel absolutely miniscule and insignificant....
All we are is dust in the wind...Sand grains in infinity...Never comprehending the microscopic universe that exists within all of us,unknown and unexplored...

Nor the infinitly big. You think you are small and the microbes smaller, but the super massive aliens (trillions of times larger than our universe, our universe being a sub atomic particle in scale) their advanced being are saying the same thing about us being microbes.

scale i belive goes both ways, and the laws of physics change every time the scale changes!

The Fractalverse being everything and not what we call universe?

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Hehehehehe. You're reminding me of Douglas Adam's "Total Perspective Vortex" machine:

When you are put into the Vortex you are given just one momentary glimpse of the entire unimaginable infinity of creation, and somewhere in it a tiny little mark, a microscopic dot on a microscopic dot, which says, "You are here."

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastProphet527
[more

You are 9months away from understanding what the Mayans civilization was

A replica as a civilization of the gamma ray structure at the center of our galaxy.

It will one day culminate in a gamma ray burst. Dr. Tyson has a lot of stuff on the net about gamma ray bursts. I wonder what he thinks about this discovery?

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Biigs

Nor the infinitly big. You think you are small and the microbes smaller, but the super massive aliens (trillions of times larger than our universe, our universe being a sub atomic particle in scale) their advanced being are saying the same thing about us being microbes.

scale i belive goes both ways, and the laws of physics change every time the scale changes!

The Fractalverse being everything and not what we call universe?

Stars,Planets And Moons Are Protons,Neutrons And Electrons Within The Body Of Some Vast Living Being...www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 3-3-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I just dont think this can be real. Then again the universe is full of odd things. Could it possibly be a giant dead star? Real or not its an amazing picture ill say that.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Edgar806
I just dont think this can be real. Then again the universe is full of odd things. Could it possibly be a giant dead star? Real or not its an amazing picture ill say that.
I think it has something to do with the super massive black hole that exists at the center of every galaxy and isnt the massive gravitational attraction of super massive black holes the reason and the cause for stars clustering together and forming galaxies?
edit on 3-3-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by LastProphet527

I bet, Nephew, the plumes in part being a result from the electrons mentioned in the vid found here > www.nasa.gov... are simply the electrons pooling at the poles of the galaxy because the galaxy has its own magnetic field like the Earth... being generated in the same way. Think of the black hole at the center of the galaxy serving in the same capacity as our spinning core.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by LilDudeissocool

I bet, Nephew, the plumes in part being a result from the electrons mentioned in the vid found here > www.nasa.gov... are simply the electrons pooling at the poles of the galaxy because the galaxy has its own magnetic field like the Earth... being generated in the same way. Think of the black hole at the center of the galaxy serving in the same capacity as our spinning core.
So its a huge magnetic field surrounding our entire galaxy...Hmmmm?...Thats probably what it is...

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Another amazing celestial phenomenon.

Artist's Rendition

BUMP

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdRock69
Another amazing celestial phenomenon.

Artist's Rendition

BUMP

Yes the phenomenon in your picture is the crab nebula.
When see through combined Hubble optical and Chandra X ray - The pulsars core is emitting the same type of Phenomena as the artistr's rendition of the Milky Way
.......though the super hero cloak and face are missing - What type of telescope detected those I wonder?

BUMP

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Looks a lot like the animation in the Thrive documentary.

Very cool stuff.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
As above....
So below....

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by LilDudeissocool

So its a huge magnetic field surrounding our entire galaxy...Hmmmm?...Thats probably what it is...

I'd like to find something written on the subject about the possibility, but I am unable to locate anything on the net.

At this point I'm just basing the idea that a galaxy would always be spinning at a different rate than a black hole would be at its center like the Earth's inner and outer core. The molten iron of the outer core could be serving the same functions as the electrons below and above the center of the galaxy.

Here is an illustration of what I am talking about upload.wikimedia.org... See Physical origin: Earth's core and the geodynamo about halfway down the Wik article here> en.wikipedia.org...

I know there would be a lot more to it. There has to be something that has been written on the idea somewhere. A first year cosmology student's paper even posting his or her work as a pdf online.

I can find things like this online hypertextbook.com... but nothing mentioning any theories on how it would be generated. The peer review process is so brutal that once a cosmologist reaches the point where they have some ideas regarding the abstract possibilities on an idea of a function they are quit about it until they have enough information to write a solid paper on their idea. That could be a century or more from now. In the meantime there are all these pieces of the jigsaw puzzle so to speak laying all around that no public nor private investment can be made toward any plausible theory that could be proven to be credible or factual later on.

Such subjects then get to be trapped in pseudo discussions in the world of lay fascinado endeavors, other than in the private minds of the experts who are too filled with fear to share their ideas with their peers.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
WOW !!!!! it makes me think are there beings that can create things like this and if so my word ..Are they like the Q , (godLike) or more like the Vorlons (not gods but such levels of tech and intelligence they seem god like )????

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by LilDudeissocool

If the Milky Way had its own magnetic field that was strong enough to form such structures, we should expect to see jets rather than plumes... much like a Pulsar. As charged particles interact with a strong magnetic field, they are channelled to the poles where they escape in a spiralling, energetic, particle jet. They don't form plumes.

This may be more closely related to a galaxy-scale hypernova-esque event, as is suggested in the NASA link above (one of their suggestions, linking it to early energetic star formation).

As for the possibility of a galactic magnetic field...
Geomagnetic fields are generated by the interaction between the electric field of the outer (molten metal) core and the inner (solid metal) core having different rotation speeds. Solar magnetic fields are generated by a similar rotation differential (shear), with the electric field sustained by the ionized gas.
Any electric field sustained by the ionized gases throughout the galaxy - the interstellar medium - would be minuscule (no matter what the Electric Universe folk say); though, in fact, the interstellar medium does sustain very chaotic galactic magnetic fields. Also, the shear caused by the central black hole's difference in rotation wouldn't do much to help it. If anything could cause a cohesive, galactic magnetic field, it's the central supermassive black hole itself (and getting a black hole to have a magnetic field is another issue). This is another possible source of the plumes, though, again, we would expect jets instead.

So, again, a galactic magnetic field shouldn't lead to the plumes we observe. They should lead to energetic particle jets.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by essanance
WOW !!!!! it makes me think are there beings that can create things like this and if so my word ..Are they like the Q , (godLike) or more like the Vorlons (not gods but such levels of tech and intelligence they seem god like )????
A class-1 civilization would be able to successfully maintain and control the energy output of their entire planet and we are not even a class-1 yet...

A class-2 civilization would be able to successfully maintain and control the energy output of their entire solar system,as well as many other fantastic technologies...

A class-3 civilization would be able to successfully maintain and control the energy output of their entire galaxy, as well as many other wonderous abilities,like being able to harvest suns and position them near the event horizons of black holes and channel the energy that interaction would produce and some of their technologies we call our rain,wind and snow...
edit on 4-3-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join