It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Severe Weather Forecast for Friday 3/2/12

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Central Indiana

BULLETIN - IMMEDIATE BROADCAST REQUESTED
SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE INDIANAPOLIS IN
134 PM EST FRI MAR 2 2012

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN INDIANAPOLIS HAS ISSUED A

* SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING FOR...
NORTHERN CLAY COUNTY IN WEST CENTRAL INDIANA...
SOUTHERN PARKE COUNTY IN WEST CENTRAL INDIANA...
SOUTHWESTERN PUTNAM COUNTY IN WEST CENTRAL INDIANA...
VIGO COUNTY IN WEST CENTRAL INDIANA...

* UNTIL 215 PM EST

* AT 131 PM EST...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A
SEVERE THUNDERSTORM CAPABLE OF PRODUCING QUARTER SIZE HAIL...AND
DAMAGING WINDS IN EXCESS OF 60 MPH. THIS STORM WAS LOCATED 8 MILES
NORTHEAST OF WEST UNION...OR 9 MILES SOUTHEAST OF MARSHALL...AND
MOVING NORTHEAST AT 75 MPH.

* LOCATIONS IMPACTED INCLUDE...
TERRE HAUTE...
BRAZIL...
PRAIRIETON...
PIMENTO...
WEST TERRE HAUTE...
INDIANA STATE UNIVERSITY...
RILEY...
NORTH TERRE HAUTE...
CORY...
SEELYVILLE...
STAUNTON...
ROSEDALE...
FONTANET...
BRIDGETON...
KNIGHTSVILLE...
HARMONY...
CARBON...
LENA...
REELSVILLE...

THIS INCLUDES INTERSTATE 70 BETWEEN MILE MARKERS 0 AND 35.

Western NC

TORNADO WARNING
NCC075-173-021930-
/O.NEW.KGSP.TO.W.0003.120302T1838Z-120302T1930Z/

BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED
TORNADO WARNING
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE GREENVILLE-SPARTANBURG SC
138 PM EST FRI MAR 2 2012

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN GREENVILLE-SPARTANBURG HAS ISSUED A

* TORNADO WARNING FOR...
NORTHERN GRAHAM COUNTY IN WESTERN NORTH CAROLINA...
WESTERN SWAIN COUNTY IN WESTERN NORTH CAROLINA...
THIS INCLUDES THE CITY OF BRYSON CITY...

* UNTIL 230 PM EST

* AT 133 PM EST...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A
SEVERE THUNDERSTORM CAPABLE OF PRODUCING A TORNADO 29 MILES WEST OF
TAPOCO...OR 30 MILES NORTHWEST OF MURPHY...MOVING NORTHEAST AT 60
MPH.

* LOCATIONS IMPACTED INCLUDE...
TAPOCO...SANTEETLAH AND SANTEETLAH LAKE...
FONTANA VILLAGE...
FONTANA LAKE AND STECOAH...
BRYSON CITY...
NEWFOUND GAP...

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
The school system here finally decided to dismiss early. It's about time! I picked up kids up a couple hours ago, but I still worry about the others that are there!

The mayor in Lexington is encouraging businesses to let their employees go home early. This is major! I've never heard of such a thing before. I'm thankful to have my kids with me, but my mom and some of my other family members will still be at work. My brother works for the state AND is the assistant chief of the fire department, so he's going to have to be right out in all this mess. Very nervous.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by gemineye
The school system here finally decided to dismiss early. It's about time! I picked up kids up a couple hours ago, but I still worry about the others that are there!

The mayor in Lexington is encouraging businesses to let their employees go home early. This is major! I've never heard of such a thing before. I'm thankful to have my kids with me, but my mom and some of my other family members will still be at work. My brother works for the state AND is the assistant chief of the fire department, so he's going to have to be right out in all this mess. Very nervous.

The cell I am watching near Evansville right now is headed your way...

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Thanks for that! I'm watching the skies and the radar and we're all ready to make a run for it! I love that we can all keep each other informed here.

Originally posted by 1ibl2ibs

Originally posted by gemineye

The cell I am watching near Evansville right now is headed your way...

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
This system has a very strong resemblance of the 1974 super outbreak. Same dynamics to the storm system, roughly the same time of year, and same geographic location. 2012 is going to be a BAD year for storms in the United States across the eastern and southeastern half of the country. The jest stream is stuck in the same position it was last year, cold fronts aren't wiping out the gulf moisture, and the moist air keeps getting pumped up into the area.
edit on 2-3-2012 by Drew99GT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
SPC just issued a mesoscale discussion.

LONG LIVED SUPERCELLS WILL BEGIN OVERSPREADING A LARGE PORTION OF THE LOWER OHIO VALLEY BETWEEN NOW AND 20-21Z...ACCOMPANIED BY THE POTENTIAL FOR STRONG/DESTRUCTIVE TORNADOES AND VERY LARGE HAIL. ADDITIONAL WWS ARE IN THE PROCESS OF BEING ISSUED AND WILL LIKELY BE NEEDED WITHIN THE NEXT HOUR OR TWO.

www.spc.noaa.gov...

A plethora of particularly dangerous situation tornado watches will be issued in the next hour.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
www.severestudios.com...

Good chase cam stream; these guys are along the warm front in southern kentucky heading for the tornado warned beasts in southern Indiana.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
S Central Indiana

BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED
TORNADO WARNING
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE LOUISVILLE KY
159 PM EST FRI MAR 2 2012

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN LOUISVILLE HAS ISSUED A

* TORNADO WARNING FOR...
DUBOIS COUNTY IN SOUTH CENTRAL INDIANA...
NORTHWESTERN PERRY COUNTY IN SOUTH CENTRAL INDIANA...

* UNTIL 245 PM EST/145 PM CST/...

* AT 155 PM EST/1255 PM CST/...TRAINED WEATHER SPOTTERS REPORTED A
TORNADO 29 MILES WEST OF HOLLAND NI POSEY COUNTY...MOVING EAST AT
55 MPH.

* THE TORNADO WILL ALSO IMPACT...
JASPER...
HOLLAND AND DUFF...
HUNTINGBURG AIRPORT AND HUNTINGBURG...
SAINT MARKS AND BRETZVILLE...
MENTOR AND KYANA...

LARGE HAIL TO THE SIZE OF TENNIS BALLS WILL BE POSSIBLE WITH THIS
CELL AS WELL. THERE ARE ADDITIONAL THUNDERSTORMS MOVING INTO DUBOIS
COUNTY NOW THAT COULD POSE A TORNADO THREAT NOW. TAKE SHELTER!

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drew99GT
www.severestudios.com...

Good chase cam stream; these guys are along the warm front in southern kentucky heading for the tornado warned beasts in southern Indiana.

Within the next 30 minutes, there's a high likelihood these guys will film a tornado. They are in perfect position heading to the west on I-64 and the eastern storm in southern Indiana has a confirmed tornado on the ground.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

www.severestudios.com...

Within the next 30 minutes, there's a high likelihood these guys will film a tornado. They are in perfect position heading to the west on I-64 and the eastern storm in southern Indiana has a confirmed tornado on the ground.

Per their twitter feed, the storm cell crossed them up and changed directions on them. They are in pursuit.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Stay safe everyone

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

tornado in Huntsville earlier today

tornado in Hunstville with power flashes

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

www.severestudios.com...

are you watching this guy drive right now? Just waiting to see the flashing lights come up from behind. Fun viewing thanks

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

@TWCBreaking TAKE COVER in the city of Huntingburg, IN. Reports of #tornado on ground. Supercell with history of #damage! wxch.nl...

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Res Ipsa

Most storm chasers get lots of tickets for speeding! When storms are moving at 60 mph, you have to haul ass.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Chad Myers on CNN earlier said this: "This is the type of day where there will be 10 tornadoes on the ground at once, no question."

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Drew99GT

lol I can just imagine them yelling at red lights

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Ya'll... it is craaazy windy and sunny (fuel for the storms) here in Nashville, TN! They say we will get storms from 2-8 window that can likely produce a tornado outbreak.

Here is the deal with me. PLEASE do not hurt me with words...think I am crazy fine and maybe I am a little but here is the deal with me.

13 years ago today I lost my son to leukemia.

I became scared to live for about five years and even had trauma when it came to storms. I have come along way since then and I am no longer crying, shaking, and running to the bathroom when it or before it gets stormy.

I feel ok right now.

What I worry about now is my other kids and how NOT to create trauma with them in regards to storms. So far so good....but I wanna tell you... if it gets bad here I may have a set back. As far as anxiety ...I am not feeling much and I am so proud of myself. I know when it is my time or the kids time they will go. I have no control over it as I had no control over my sons death...

My ex and I got married on March 2

My daughters b day is on March 2

My son died on March 2

Today is March 2

I hope and pray todays (march 2) storms is not something that will add to our memories in a bad way.

I guess why I am telling ATS this is I hope you will keep us in your prayers. All of us... in the path of the storms.

Im keeping positive and trying to maintain. I am just asking for prayers... it can't hurt!

Thanks!

Jenn

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
content.wdtinc.com...

There's a large tornado on the ground from Nick Nolte's stream! In southern Indiana.

www.severestudios.com...

The BAM guys are on the same storm in perfect position; they're waiting for the storm to come their way.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

www.severestudios.com...

They claim they are in perfect position now.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join