Severe Weather Forecast for Friday 3/2/12

page: 1
58
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join
+5 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
For those of you in the mid-central to eastern US,heads up,looking pretty nasty.




www.weather.com...

The TOR-CON,or the chances for tornadoes are pretty high also.


Friday March 2

AL north - 5
AL central (night) - 3
AR east, north-central - 3
GA north (night) - 3
IL south - 4
IN south - 4
to 5 KY central - 7
KY west - 4
KY east - 6
LA north - 3
LA central, southeast (night) - 3
MO southeast - 3 to 4
MS north - 5
MS central (night) - 3
NC west (night) - 3
OH - 3
TN north-central - 7
TN west - 4
TN east - 5 to 6
TN south-central - 5
WV west - 4
Other areas - less than 2

www.weather.com...

Looks like it's going to get rough in my neck of the woods.

Be safe !!!!!!




posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
well that sucks! i'm in ontario,and this stuff always manages to blow thru here after the states get it!
i'm trying to enjoy a bizzare,warm winter with no snow! only 20 days to go before spring!
well any way,thanx for the heads up!
hope every one will be safe

peace



posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by reficul
well that sucks! i'm in ontario,and this stuff always manages to blow thru here after the states get it!
i'm trying to enjoy a bizzare,warm winter with no snow! only 20 days to go before spring!
well any way,thanx for the heads up!
hope every one will be safe

peace


Yeah it's been a weird winter. Now i'm thinking the summer will be extremely hot!



posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Thanks!!

I just noticed this; I thought the nasty weather was coming to Memphis today...looks like thing's'll get pretty interesting tomorrow tho

And I'm smack in the middle if the red



posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
thanks kdog! i'll be keeping an eye on this overnight...i live in atl. bout time for a good one to roll through *runs into cellar*

S&F fur ya mate! looks like me and my doggie got something to pay attention to now...
edit on 3/1/12 by ICEKOHLD because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMGabriel

Originally posted by reficul
well that sucks! i'm in ontario,and this stuff always manages to blow thru here after the states get it!
i'm trying to enjoy a bizzare,warm winter with no snow! only 20 days to go before spring!
well any way,thanx for the heads up!
hope every one will be safe

peace


Yeah it's been a weird winter. Now i'm thinking the summer will be extremely hot!


Indeed!

Memphis saw temps near 80 all this week...Summer will be cruel.



posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie
 


the mosquitoes are gonna have crossbows and hunting licenses this summer...i've already treated the yard for fleas and ticks about 2 weeks ago...gonna give it another round here in a week or so just to make sure. we had what...maybe one or 2 freezes this "winter"?



posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

We will be chasing in the Kentucky area tomorrow, where a significant tornado outbreak looks likely. This will be a very dangerous situation so if you or anyone you know lives in this area, be paying close attention. We will be streaming live and providing updates on the event, so make sure you are staying aware of what's going on!

Texas Storm Chasers (40 mins ago)



[RE: How is the Ohio Valley looking tomorrow? I just got certified as a storm spotter. Bring it on!!]

VERY active. Potentially historic tornado outbreak. We'll need all the spotters and chasers in the field we can get.


Strong tornadoes are LIKELY and anyone within the risk area needs to pay CLOSE attention!

Reed Timmer (storm chaser; posted a few hours ago)


Stay safe people! If the sirens go off, seek shelter immediately!! The majority of fatalities / injuries are a result of unpreparedness and hesitation.
edit on 1/3/2012 by Fazza! because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Looks like I might get that chance to ride a tornado like I told my young son that I would.



posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMGabriel
 


hot and dry with water bans!
my veggies wont like that. i have rain barrels,but if theres no rain,well......!
no snow means no ground water. seriosly,we here in ontario have only had max. 10 inches of snow all winter.
we usually have 3-5 feet total by now. the price of food is gonna be nuts,better stock up now!



posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by reficul
 


just checked the 7 day forcast, +8 (around 48 degrees f.) on wed.! should be - 10!!!



posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Thanks Kdog for the thread. I hope people pay attention and are atleast aware of the threat. Nothing wrong with that.

This weather does have me alittle puzzled though & if someone knows the answer, that would be wonderful. My husband & I were talking about it earlier. We live in East Tennessee and on Tuesday/Weds we had temps in the 70's. Then last night a "cold-front" blew thru bringing strong storms. Now normally when we get a cold front in the winter months that means we get a temp drop, but today we are back in the high 60's. Much more like summer storms then winter. (We were talking about it because when he got dressed for work this morning he dressed warmly thinking today would be cooler. When he got home this afternoon he was glad he layered and had a short sleeve shirt!)

Does anyone know what's currently driving this weather?

Again Thanks!!
OiO



posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Thanks Kdog! Looking forward to following this thread closely and monitoring this storm system. I have half a mind to keep the kids home from school tomorrow since I am right smack in the red zone. We shall see.

Keep up the great work, and keep the info pouring in.


Jeez - I am a 7 on the tor-con.
edit on 1-3-2012 by Doodle19815 because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
we've been running in the 60's/70's in feb...should be icy and cold since feb is our coldest month..I don't know what summer will look like but this has been a nice winter in my opinion!


After the other night I have all essentials moved to the basement..here we go..



posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Thank's for the heads up Kdog. I live in the Central KY...been swamped this week and have not been paying attention to the forecast.



posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by reficul
 



You'll be wearing shorts in a few days.

Thanks for the reply,and keep an eye out on the sky!



posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMGabriel
 


Yeah,I suspect it will be a hot summer.
But this spring is going to be kicking it up into high gear.



posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie
 


Man,buttercookie,be safe!
Keep an eye out for the weather,the news and all.
Yesterday we had a few tornadoes come through just south of me and that is all that was on am radio here.
Alot of beeping and warnings.
Keep us updated!



posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ICEKOHLD
reply to post by ButterCookie
 


the mosquitoes are gonna have crossbows and hunting licenses this summer...i've already treated the yard for fleas and ticks about 2 weeks ago...gonna give it another round here in a week or so just to make sure. we had what...maybe one or 2 freezes this "winter"?


Yea,barely a freeze here at all,in Louisville,KY.
Heck,the trees are already flowering,like,what,6 weeks early????
I've seen snow around the Kentucky Derby here.
That is held every year on the first weekend in May.



posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fazza!

We will be chasing in the Kentucky area tomorrow, where a significant tornado outbreak looks likely. This will be a very dangerous situation so if you or anyone you know lives in this area, be paying close attention. We will be streaming live and providing updates on the event, so make sure you are staying aware of what's going on!

Texas Storm Chasers (40 mins ago)



[RE: How is the Ohio Valley looking tomorrow? I just got certified as a storm spotter. Bring it on!!]

VERY active. Potentially historic tornado outbreak. We'll need all the spotters and chasers in the field we can get.


Strong tornadoes are LIKELY and anyone within the risk area needs to pay CLOSE attention!

Reed Timmer (storm chaser; posted a few hours ago)


Stay safe people! If the sirens go off, seek shelter immediately!! The majority of fatalities / injuries are a result of unpreparedness and hesitation.
edit on 1/3/2012 by Fazza! because: (no reason given)


Thanks,not a good sign when those tornado chasers show up,thats for sure.
I will be keeping an eye on that link.





new topics

top topics



 
58
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join