Severe Weather Forecast for Friday 3/2/12

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
hotter summer... i don't hold to that theory...i'm in the camp that sees the summers cooler the winters warmer than the 'norm' for the last 100+ years...a general moderation towards a 50º winter - 90º summer daily average temp. worldwide, except for local spots where extremes will not be a rarity from now on.

it seems all the wind currents are being changed by some mechanism or reason,
i have a notion that the usually high altitude jet stream is dropping closer to the land surface
and in both the spring months and fall months there will be violent wind storms/tornados etc all over the globe not just the USA

last week i finally had the 6 trees that were closest to the house removed, this month (March '12) i hope to fund the removal of another 10 trees on the north side of the house and the pines that are amongst the live oaks...

all because i anticipate strong seasonal winds and uber-violent storms throughout the next 2-3 years as the trade winds and jet stream undergo strange anomalies....and deliver severe weather to an even greater area than just the traditional 'tornado ally' states.... i hear a voice in my head saying '' a whirlwind along the coasts...'
edit on 2-3-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Severe Thunderstorm Warning scrolling on TV- Saint Louis MO 7:55 AM

Strange Weather... Obviously we are used to it.. but Not Multiple times WEEKLY... and so soon.. Spring is coming.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Did you watch the news last night? The governor actually made a statement about these upcoming storms, reminding people to have a weather radio, flashlights and bottled water ready. I can't remember a time when the governor warned people in advance, sometimes they will be on T.V after a dissaster, but not usually before.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthinfact
Severe Thunderstorm Warning scrolling on TV- Saint Louis MO 7:55 AM

Strange Weather... Obviously we are used to it.. but Not Multiple times WEEKLY... and so soon.. Spring is coming.

Spring got here a month ago......

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by newsoul

People are really starting to wake up to the fact that it's best to be proactive in cases like this. Kudos to the Gov. AND kdog for giving everyone a heads up.

It really does look bad.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
School is letting out early here. It made this worried moms day a little better.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I am more concerned for my daughters area
than mine. She is right in the center of Ky.
Kdog do you mind telling me again what town
you are in? Little on edge this morning, hope
everyone listens to their local weather and
stays safe.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

Hope you feel better when your
children get home. Its best
everyone stay together.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Hey crazydaisy,I'm inlouisville,ky. Which is north central ky.

We already had our first storm come true with pea sized hail.

And just had another warning come across the radio.

It's going to be a long day since the main part of the storm won't be here for at a couple of hours.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Louisville, that's what I thought I remembered.
Your right, its going to be a long day. We just
finished checking our supplies here and we
think and hope we are ready. Stay safe and
keep us informed when you can.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Tornado Watch update just issued.
Watch listed until 3pm Central/4pm EST

TENNESSEE COUNTIES INCLUDED ARE

ANDERSON BEDFORD BLEDSOE
BRADLEY CAMPBELL CANNON
CLAY COFFEE CUMBERLAND
DE KALB FENTRESS FRANKLIN
GRUNDY HAMILTON JACKSON
LINCOLN LOUDON MARION
MCMINN MEIGS MOORE
MORGAN OVERTON PICKETT
PUTNAM RHEA ROANE
SCOTT SEQUATCHIE SMITH
VAN BUREN WARREN WHITE

ALABAMA COUNTIES INCLUDED ARE

DEKALB JACKSON LAWRENCE
LIMESTONE MADISON MARSHALL
MORGAN

GEORGIA COUNTIES INCLUDED ARE

CATOOSA CHATTOOGA DADE
WALKER WHITFIELD

weather.gov

OiO

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Jazz87

Good find. Thanks for the kind thoughts. Even though our local weather was showing NOTHING on radar last night, without a hint of a warning for this kind of weather, I was able to inform my family and nearby relatives to get prepared due to this thread.

Now the local weather has caught up to this info and we're all just ready to ride it out.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by idk42

Our winter has been the most mild I or any of my other relatives have seen. I mean, absolutely nothing, except for a freak snow storm that lasted all of about 12 hours. It was sunny and warm (60 degrees F) the day before and then it dropped about 5 inches of snow on us in just a matter of hours. When I woke up the next day the snow had almost all melted and it was sunny again.

Last year the school kids in the area only attended class for 1 week in December due to snow/sleet and only attended 3 days in January. Very different this time around.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by newsoul

Did you watch the news last night? The governor actually made a statement about these upcoming storms, reminding people to have a weather radio, flashlights and bottled water ready. I can't remember a time when the governor warned people in advance, sometimes they will be on T.V after a dissaster, but not usually before.

Hey there newsoul!

I saw that and this morning on the radio they were discussing what the Governor said. They were talking about the F2's that passed through this week.

I live and work in Frankfort. The weather has been quite shady this morning. I pulled up to my work and looked into the distance and saw the dark clouds and lightening. Then out my window today, it has gone from Dark to Light to Dark. Heavy rain, then sunshine and back to rain.

We packed our water and dried food last night, hope it does not have to "come in handy".

IWOH

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
CNN reporting a tornado touchdown near Huntsville, AL. Homes damaged.
2nd Line

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
From The Weather Channel twitter feed.

@TWCBreaking: Tornado located near Hazel Green and Meridianville moving east at 50 mph. #Tornado approaching New Market, & TN/AL border.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
From Jim Cantore's twitter feed:

Limestone, AL EMA reports tornado on the ground Route 72 and French Mill

possible #tornado north of Monterey, TN STRONG #tornado near New Market, AL moving northeast

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

@TWCBreaking Back to back tornadoes. Still monitoring two active tornadoes just north of Huntsville, AL. wxch.nl... #severe

@TWCBreaking Storm spotters were tracking a large, dangerous #tornado near Plevna, AL close to the AL/TN border. wxch.nl...

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

@TWCBreaking #Tornado on the ground at Moores Mill and Lincoln Road just east of Merdianville, AL. New Market, you are up next. TAKE COVER NOW!

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jazz87
reply to post by jacktorrance

I saw this link on another post in a different thread on the weather over there.

www.haarpstatus.com...

I haven't really looked into the sites validity but seemed interesting.

I also saw the post on fema employees heading over there.

Everyone stay safe over there for sure. Sendin good vibes.

haarp DOESN'T CREATE TORNADOES.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join