It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So you're an Indigo Adult, now what?

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
To help in the coming transition

and prepare humankind for the Age of Enlightment

SonoftheSun : agree with your link

im no different then any other human
everybody is egual

but my way of thinking since my youngest age
has been extremely different from what most kid were thinking
i never understood why the others were normaly not thinking like me

not that i am an indigo but those traits describe me very much

edit on 2/29/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

if you look at the right websites 80 percent of the population has the "traits" to be and Indigo , i could be the ruler of the indigos the way my traits line up

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by bastardo

Actually, THEY ARE in cultures through out history. If a child (girl or boy) was identified as being strong willed, artistic, or "different" they were immediately giving to the Shaman for training as to hone their skills and potential.

There is a belief that the cause of so much "ADD" and "child/depression" is really a conspiracy to numb these children/people out (by the powers that be) as to not cause problems.

I was identified as a "light worker" recently , though I always had a suspicion that something was up. Not because I was different per se' , to me - everyone else seemed different (or rather afraid and subdued).

In school, my classmates would unconsciously turn to me when a teacher or authority figure said something humiliating or innapropriate - or if someone was being bullied.

Indigo / light workers/ whatever you want to call them - do not believe they are better. More often than not, we are isolated and SPENT because we spend most of our time fighting agressors as children, or as adults - in the most minute or Relevant situations (like the ones responding to this earnest and non controversial post). Or helping to initiate a catalyst for others to understand that they are valuable and here for a purpose too regardless of how others try to beat them down (LIKE THE ONES HERE ON ATS) . I bet you 5 dollars those will be the ones who will get mad and respond - IM NOT A BULLY YOU LOSER!. lol

When I think of the "light workers" as detailed in the Ra Materials and our mission , I am reminded of this lovely qoute by Marianne Williamson :

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? ...
And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Okay, I'm as open minded as anyone here and I believe that the Earth as a whole is heading for some great shift be it cataclysmic or a peaceful shift into a higher consciousness. This is based mainly on what I see happening in the world around me and not on some ancient prophecy or Mayan calendar, although if they are all interlinked which I have no doubt everything is I will not be surprised.

I will also admit now I've only read a few pages of this thread.

However......

Are we not all here to play some part in this great shift? Have we not all come to Earth with a purpose? Granted there maybe many who are more in touch with that purpose, and maybe these people have more indigo auras than others but are we not just creating another degree of polarization within society by stating that one group of peeps are here to aid in this great shift and the rest can carry on in their regular sheeple state. And is not this polarization the very thing preventing us from making this shift a peaceful one? I'm as 'indigo' as you'll get; I'm not an idiot, have always felt isolated, think crazy newage thoughts, am deeply empathetic and can help others on many different levels. But where does an indigo begin and a pleb human finish? Are we not all capable of higher reasoning?

I realize those who label themselves as 'indigo' claim to be nothing special, but by the very labelling of themselves as being 'different' how is this in anyway helping to bring all of humanity into the light. There has always been those who will beat out a path along which others may follow. But we are all still human.

I read posts like this

Originally posted by Spiratio

Ok .... deeep breath!!! ahhhhh.... brace yourselves. This is not sugar coated, I will be explaining both the positive and negative implications

The Indigo's are the final wave of the first intentional incarnations on this planet. All incarnations undergo amnesia to some extent but indigo's have/had a pre-agreed task that was to endow the lower physical realms with a hivemind-ike higher cosmic consciousness...

It was not know that humans would become as entrenched in illusions as they have been when the first wave arrived -- non-indigos -- they initially had all the consciousness traits of indigo's plus more but were not as dense physically... over time a form of fragmentation occurred in their near unity consciousness awareness as the cosmos steeped into deeper density. This lead to the initial waves of incarnations to loose innate source connection.

And I think to myself “You’re kidding right”. Surely you’re missing the point that nothing happens without purpose. Nothing unfolds in this universe that is not meant to happen. Do you not realize that everything that can and will ever happen already has and we are simply strings of consciousness upon an illusory timeline?

Big Picture time. If you are talking about ascended beings or aliens or whatever that did not realize how screwed humanity could get then they certainly don’t sound too ascended to me. We are animals….. surely the current state of the world is obviously due to us living out our animalistic instincts rather than going with a higher state of mind.We are all merely one great mind in many physical bodies having a human experience. Simple.

And finally, what is this link between indigos and autism/aspergers I keep hearing about? Are not indigos meant to be deeply empathetic, which is the complete opposite to someone who has autism even to a lesser degree. I have a brother with autism and though on many levels he is a complete genius the deepest empathy he feels is for the fridge and he certainly does not care too much about humanity or how others are feeling.

edit on 1/3/2012 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by bastardo

Some common challenges of Indigos * Feeling alone, separate or misunderstood * Your depth of feeling and thinking is often different than those around you * Unusually sensitivities * Feel limited by the normal world around * You’re a visionary with unusual hopes, aspirations and sense of purpose

Is this threatening to anyone? Does anyone want to pull out their hair after reading that some people feel like this, when it is completely clear that the majority of people around them don´t feel like that.

Regardless of spirituality, or being sent by a higher force, fact remains that some people are different like that.

If you feel threatened by that, then I feel sorry for you.

Everything you quoted is all part of the human experience. Everyone has these feelings. For you to insinuate that "regular" people don't experience these things is actually insulting. I continue to see people self diagnose themselves as "indigo" because it makes them feel special. We are all idealistic in youth. What is going to happen to the "indigo's" when they realize the rules of the world apply to them, too?

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
There is nothing physically different about them, its their way of thinking that has developed differently. Where a normal person would read an infurriating article about human suffering and get too frustrated to continue reading, an indigo will take all the info in and suggest alternative solutions so the issue doesn't happen again. Its an agressive mindset of taking an out of the box thinking approach to all issues. Not everyone has to be born that way either, it most certainly can be an acuired trait. Some are born naturally with a much more open sensitivity to human issue, others must actively make that change in their own personal life before they can look at the world differently. And yes, sometimes it does take something like a tramatizing childhood for some to make that change. I hate using terms like indigo or enlightened, because there is nothing special about these individuals other than they look at issues differently than most. These individuals put human suffering ahead of any other issue, and aggressively persue its end. As more and more become aware of this, the more there are born into this way of thinking. Many articles on this subject will call these individuals intuitives, but the truth is they are just more in tune with human emotions. Much like how your favorite pet alway seems to know when your upset, these individual's sense of emotions have become so acute that many can tell your emotional state before a conversation has even started. In a sense, their emotions have become so in tune that they can "feel" when someone is upset, or when someone is happy. It is also this acute sense of emotion that drives them to want to change humanity for the better as well. If the world is full of negativity, and they can constantly feel this negativity, then the only way for them to finally feel comfortable themselves is to get rid of the negativity. The only way for that to happen is for radical change in our society, which is why these individuals persue ending human suffering so agressively.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by jaguarsky

Well, since the "Indigo" meme was kind of a made up thing to begin with it would be hard to define what one's reactions should be to it.

Not really. The name "Indigo" comes from the color of the Auric Field, and all people just cannot see Auras. In fact, I am the only one in my entire family that can see them.
The human reaction you allude to is common, people tend to label that which they cannot understand. And when another person approaches, one who is really intelligent, or one with latent abilities, or one who is somewhat telepathic, it throws the other for a loop. The Indigo people have a mission, and they are doing just what their mission is. They are not complaining, in fact, the ones complaining are those seem to wish humanity was a Hive Mentality, where everyone was equal in thought, and thought the same in all things.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
How does one realize they are indigo? Get a special telegram delivered by a magical bird? A birthmark shaped like the Milky Way? What? How?

If not, we're talking massive amounts of ego, audacity, narcissism to conclude that one is of this special and magical breed.

Those who are claiming this title, what are your super powers? Bend spoons with your mind? Walk on broken glass and hot coals? Make the bedroom furniture float and spin your head 360-degrees?

The descriptions I read about them, make them sound to be something like the kid in The Golden Child, like extremely beyond that of a normal human. Breathtaking information processing ability, telepathy, total understanding.... are you people actually claiming to be one of these? What the hell are you doing here in the weird and obscure part of the internet? Why use the internet at all? You should be out among the masses doing good deeds in wholesale proportions....you know "preparing the way". The clock is ticking!! It's already 2012 for gosh sakes! Better get to it, march, march, march (or excuse me...float, fly, teleport).

I've also read that the "children" have been manipulated and held in check by things such as Ritalin and labeled ADD or ADHD in an effort to prevent them from revealing their true nature to the common folk.

I believe it was a massive intake of '___', Doors albums, and subscription to the Science Fiction Weekly circular that created this fantastical notion.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I wounder what Percentage are indigo?
I bet it is low.

I have look't at what people are doing in the world.
and I think that 50% or more are to like beasts,
Evil, sick or just dont care.

when the Indigos disappear.
the rest wont notice.
it will take another 10,000 years for the rest to try to catch up.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by primus2012

What is a Lightworker?
Everyone is a Lightworker whether they know it at all. Just as truth is truth whether anyone knows it or not. The real question arises then, "Am I aware of who I am?" Behind all labels, behind all self created illusions of mind and ego, or social dogmas and masks, there lies the truth, the answer to that question. Just as the Sun shines bright both day and night, it is only the movement of the planet and clouds that obscure it from view. But the sun is always shining. A Lightworker is awake to this truth, aware of their true presence and living in accordance with the divine plan. All beings that exist are a channel between eternal, formless heaven and the temporary world of form and illusion, earth. Why am I here? One does not always need to consciously realize the answer to this question, but living your life purpose is achievable in every moment, right now. Sit in peaceful contemplation, in pure awareness. Allow yourself to be present in every moment and feel within the depths of your heart for your inner truth, your guidance. The work is easy and the burden is light. Your true essence of being is so vast, it is beyond any concept, any word, thought or form. A Lightworker then is any being, who is aware of their true non-dual nature, their eternal "I Am" Presence and acting in accordance with it. A Lightworker is active in enlightenment, or in cultivating enlightenment.

What is Lightworking?
Just as the sun rises each morning, to shine its light into the world, so it is with lightworking. To walk upon the face of the planet lightly, light in spirit and bearing, and shine love, happiness, tranquillity and peace into the world. To calm the inner turmoil, to just be, and be at one with who you truly are, to love and honour life as an expression of divinity, to love all that is, that power some call god, and of course to love one and other unconditionally. In being true to the divine presense within all beings, and releasing all false thought forms, all masks and illusions, is the essence of lightworking. In this lightworking emanates love, happiness, joy, faith, hope and inspiration into the inner and outer world. This not only helps to awaken the lightworker, but also to awaken others to their own natural state. What can be called enlightenment, what may be called ascension. A Lightworkers divine mission then comes to life, as one enters the flow of creation and maintains the presence of awareness without being caught up in the turmoil of the creation. This is done in the service of all. For all beings (self included), all the time.

** note what is key
"..without being caught up in the turmoil of the creation. This is done in the service of all. "

Noting your cynical view, I would say you've been greatly effected by this worlds illusion.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by lucid eyes
Here is some reference for your empowerment OP:

Grandiose Delusions

GDs are characterized by fantastical beliefs that one is famous, omnipotent, wealthy, or otherwise very powerful. The delusions are generally fantastic and typically have a supernatural, science-fictional, or religious theme.

Grandiosity

Grandiosity is chiefly associated with narcissistic personality disorder, but also commonly features in manic or hypomanic episodes of bipolar disorder.

It refers to an unrealistic sense of superiority, a sustained view of oneself as better than others that causes the narcissist to view others with disdain or as inferior. It also refers to a sense of uniqueness, the belief that few others have anything in common with oneself and that one can only be understood by a few or very special peopl

edit on 29-2-2012 by lucid eyes because: (no reason given)
As a psych nurse, trust me, grandiosities are far further spanning than this. Though I can picture how this indigo child stuff could potentially incite such grandiosities (as can just about anything) as people with grandiose thinking turn the idea and themselves into the ideas they want to hear rather than just accepting what is said.

I am not supporting nor denying the notion of "Indigo Adults", but to be quite honest, if you don't take the ideas so literal, they aren't so far spanning as they seem. I wouldn't doubt that people born with innate traits such as sensitivity, different thought patterns than those around them and unusually high or visionary hopes for the future could change the world. Not claiming to be an indigo child, but these are all traits I have endured since childhood as well. If I have no hope they have the ability change the world, how can I actually have hope that I can? People should just believe whatever they need to about themselves to make a positive change around them. Maybe you were right that it is a bit grandiose in nature, as with millions of other ideas here on ATS, but then again life is nothing but a giant grandiose delusion of our own minds anyway

Grandiosity in itself is not inherently good or bad, it's what it incites in the individual. Some of the greatest leaders in the world were quite grandiose in their thinking, and accomplished many acts that previously were unimaginable. If some "Indigo Child" has a compulsion to focus their energies and intelligence to changing the world for the better, fuelled by an increased sensitivity and emotion, I probably wouldn't oppose given the state of the world we've been handed.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I'd like to point out that many of you saying Indigo children are people who want to feel special, also believe in Jesus. You could say the same thing about him...but you don't.

The difference between Indigo children and Jesus? Well, we aren't promising salvation by worshiping us and serving the invisible man in the sky.

Just saying.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by femalepharoe

Instead of noting my cynicism, you should be noting my wisdom and common sense.

I'm not denying that there could be super powered Golden Children out there. I'm just denying that if you are claiming to be one in an ATS thread, you are full of baloney.

What the heck are you rambling on about Lightbringing?

Indigo children are supposed to be superhuman. Not touchy-feely, sensitive, otherwise average people. Sorry to burst all of your bubbles, but daily affirmations like those of a 12-step program may help to increase your self-worth, but they do not evolve you into an otherworldly being.

If there are such things as Indigo Children, then I bet their credo is "to claim to be Indigo, is to not be an Indigo".

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Stuart Smalley, Indigo Adult:

edit on 1-3-2012 by primus2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by primus2012
reply to post by femalepharoe

Instead of noting my cynicism, you should be noting my wisdom and common sense.

I'm not denying that there could be super powered Golden Children out there. I'm just denying that if you are claiming to be one in an ATS thread, you are full of baloney.

What the heck are you rambling on about Lightbringing?

Indigo children are supposed to be superhuman. Not touchy-feely, sensitive, otherwise average people. Sorry to burst all of your bubbles, but daily affirmations like those of a 12-step program may help to increase your self-worth, but they do not evolve you into an otherworldly being.

If there are such things as Indigo Children, then I bet their credo is "to claim to be Indigo, is to not be an Indigo".

actually you are incorrect in your interpretation of Indigo Children.

NO WHERE does it say they can bend spoons or fly or "make pepsi cans dance a jig" . Your hatred of humanity and cynism confused that "wisdom and common sense" - or you don't have any.

And furthermore, what is ATS here for? Its a paranormal / conspiracy / alternative thinking user generated site. If you don't believe it what are YOU doing here?

are you an agent?

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
It is delusional Hollywood type sensationalism to think that an alien being would have super human powers.
Would being able to mind read or fly or shapeshift help any one on Earth.
If Earth needs help ask your self what is it that is wrong with Humanity?
Think smaller ie more simple.
We each have within us the answers to all our questions - I am not talking about knowing the chemical composition of Jupiter - how would that help end War greed hatred hunger suffering and despair.
If this Indigo thing is for real and I feel a part truth in it then surely it is about how one conducts one's life and how one deals with others. I am no Christian yet 2000 years ago a man reputedly said - Love thy fellow man - God some people just get it and strive to be a better person - Stop attacking those who are for you only harm yourself in reality - Stop being so mean spirited and try to understand - Geez people are so stupid as to kill another over spoken words or what was written in some out mouded book - We all know what is right and wrong - Start by denying your own ignorance and be honest with yourself
edit on 1-3-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Some common challenges of Indigos
* Feeling alone, separate or misunderstood
* Your depth of feeling and thinking is often different than those around you
* Unusually sensitivities
* Feel limited by the normal world around
* You’re a visionary with unusual hopes, aspirations and sense of purpose

ummm this describes possibly everyone in the world at one point or another.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nana2
a 17 page thread with, as usual, most of them from people who have so much negativity in their lives that they feel a need to criticize or put down others over something very simple.

Please, can we get back on track without the insults and name calling???

Thanks Nana.. your reply was encouraging and needed.
I was paging through the thread this far and was accused before of not being helpful.
This might have been a result of putting my Myers-Briggs out there and then
attempting to slam myself before anybody else got the chance. It didn't work.
Maybe my 'coping mechanism' was, whatever I am, to come off as a clown in a world
ruled by evil, to keep from regularly showing my real feelings. That's also a fail.

A beautifully perverse reality was painted by a recently departed famous comedian,
with a gift of describing human nature like no other. his name was George, and I
believe his hope for humanity was shot full of holes in the last years; his humor
got dark and very real. His grasp of reality was hilariously cynical, and a personal
warning to me just to shut up and watch most times.

Maybe this will help, to include an apology to the admonisher. I don't profess to
being at all sensitive, intelligent or otherwise special to any metric. Negativity is
IMHO a decent person's response to an indecent environment. Sometimes it got
me in a lot of trouble-- for almost twenty years now pointing evil out where it lives
in order to escape it is self-destructive behavior. When it's characterized as abberant
to be different than others, we're all on the way to the post-natal cookie cutter. By
the way, anything outside the imposed boundaries will be painfully amputated.
See 1984... the agenda is obvious, and chugging right along.

The painful transition from where we're headed toward instead where we can help
each other is a tough course change, the current is strong. I've personally paid
dearly for my principles, and will continue to do so until I'm done.. whatever I am.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by notquiteright

First of all, I just asked what the problem was with those words. I didn´t insinuate anything. Every person might feel like some of those sometimes but most pëople don´t have all these traits throughout life, and from early childhood on.

Are you arguiing the fact that some people are very different from the majority, and often are preoccupied with above mundane concepts, and have a completely different thought process, and are often so different that other people can sense it?

I continue to see people self diagnose themselves as "indigo" because it makes them feel special.

Some probably are.

I don´t know if you are talking in general here, but I already said that I would never present or think of myself as indigo, I just believe that all souls have a certain purpose to fulfill and some have a more esoteric and spiritual purpose to fulfill.

I know for a fact that my thoughtprocesses are completely different than the vast majority of people and my depth and field of vision seems bigger,always has, and like I said earlier, most people are probably better at being a human than me.

Don´t feel insulted at all.

What is going to happen to the "indigo's" when they realize the rules of the world apply to them, too?

What do you mean? Is there a belief that rules don´t apply?

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Came across another story on internet today. I have set up a thread for it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I just figured a lot of people participating in this thread would be interested in this story too.

I have no idea whats going on or if it is a hoax. Just spreading it around.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Why is it so hard for people to understand that many of us are fundamentally different than the rest in both positive and negative ways?

This line of thinking that there is a perfect medium for everyone is outdated and just plain stupid. We are all unique and we shouldn't be trying to shove everybody to the center; we should be expanding out ability to tolerate the perimeters. In this way we give everybody space to explore their personalities and find their true purpose in life.

Ultimately, the point that is missed by those that scoff at the 'Indigo Child' idea is that most people who would identify as an Indigo child does not do so as some sort of badge of honor or superhero outfit. Indigos feel the way they do because they cannot be themselves in this society; I would argue it is similar to a person who is in the closet but cannot feel they can come out for fear of rejection. The very tenants of society assault their core values to an extent that they feel disjointed and beaten down.

I wonder if many of you who hate so much get so upset because you too feel this way, but you cannot relate to the idea that your calling is to push towards the light. Maybe you feel just as maligned by society yet you cannot include yourself as an Indigo because you feel doubly unworthy. The truth is that the concept of worthiness is what is stopping many of us from accepting these things. We have to accept that we are something; we are not just animals. We have more to us than that - even through the extension of technology moving forward from an evolutionary standpoint.

Some person above said that 80% of all people feel like Indigos. That may be very correct. Others have mentioned the 'great shift' of 2012 as well... The world's population 30 years ago in 1982 was about 3.5 Billion people. In the last 30 years, we doubled that number. What if the majority of those born in the last 30 years were actually indigo in some way? What if more and more indigos are born as we approach 2012 and at this point in time, indigo children are the norm and therefore we see this as stupid? In some ways, I see the Indigo Child label as expired; I think we can start to ask more from ourselves and see all of us as capable of bringing more light to this world.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join