It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So you're an Indigo Adult, now what?

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Variety they say is the spice of life - there are all sorts of other beings here on Earth at this time
There is not a norm or standard amongst peoples only labels we apply

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1littlewolf

Are we not all here to play some part in this great shift? Have we not all come to Earth with a purpose?

Probably not. This 'shift' business is new age bunkum. Civilisations come and go and we will follow. We all end up as worm food in the end.
edit on 1-3-2012 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by femalepharoe
reply to post by bastardo

Actually, THEY ARE in cultures through out history. If a child (girl or boy) was identified as being strong willed, artistic, or "different" they were immediately giving to the Shaman for training as to hone their skills and potential.

wow, that sounds really interesting which cultutres are you speaking of , could you send a link just so i can check this out also ,

thanks

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet

Originally posted by Lastone
reply to post by Lastone

The irony is ... they are looking for the Ark of the Covenant .. and the holy Grail. They don't know they are the same thing.
edit on 29-2-2012 by Lastone because: (no reason given)

Wow thanks for that info which has focused my attention - The Ark of the covenant reputedly held the Tablets given to Moses - This is surely information and knowledge of a deep nature and not commandments which are in fact based in Ancient Egyptian Philosophy about rebirth or knowledge of the soul.
Do you know it is speculated that Moses was in fact Akhenaten the 18th dynasty so called Heretic Phoroah who closed down the corrupt temples and sent the priest of Amun Ra home for practicing magic ie trickery and worshipping graven images ie statues but that is another subject linked in as Akhenaten was a keeper of of the same knowledge as that of Jesus.

I'm glad that you like the information.. but you aren't using your brain to think about it. You're using other people interpretation, also false information, as a base to interpretation. I hope you don't take these words as impolite, rude and the worst arrogant. It isn't my intention. I'm not giving you the information, I'm just ponting you another line of s
thought. Doing that I don't have to tell you anything, you will not look for hypotesis or theories because you'll know, it is self evident. To know isn't the same thing as to believe to know, to be right isn't the same as to believe to be right or that others may be right.
And that's why religions are so afraid. If you know you don't have or need to believe... and they will fall.
I hope you understand me and NOT BELIEVE in me but in yourself.

Now .. about the Ten commandments and the Ark. What are they and why are they IN the ark, they are Not.
Do you need to use the commandments.. yes. You can use only 6 but why do you need to use at least 6. Because if you didn't it would be very bad for your health. If you use the "Ark" whithout some protection instructions.........and that's more important if you use it without understanding it and how it works. The are the users .. and have the safety instructions manual ... not the building manual, Only 2 new what it was, how to operate it and how to built it. The commandments aren't knowledge of a deep nature... are user instructions.. and that's all. knowledge of a deep nature is the "Ark" itself.
Akhenaten... not Akhenaten but they say hes name was Akhenaton. You see the Sun isn't the cause ... it is the consequence of something... and that cause .. is what makes the "Ark" work. Let me write another name ...
Akhenatom... do you see it ..? what causes the Sun and the solar system ... causes the Atom... he new what was the cause of Life it self. The Sun wasn't the cause... was the consequence as life is. He knew .. and didn't had to believe ... and that's why the priests .. did what they did...
If I look at an egypcian building I see one thing ... the experts another..
edit on 1-3-2012 by Lastone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by femalepharoe

I don't hate humanity. I hate snake-oil salesmen because there are too many vulnerable people that buy from them.

I am not an Indigo yet I have a superpower they will never have, it's called HBSD (Human B.S. Detector).

Indigo Children are supposed to have superhuman abilities, IQ's well beyond the genius level, able to heal others, see the future, communicate with the dead, remember their past lives, read people's auras, able to communicate completely telepathically (not talking yet full conversations among themselves and with their family members) etc.. Might as well be bending spoons and making soda-cans dance.

What are the Indigos going to say next year? That the transition occurred, but we missed it because we didn't believe? Or it didn't happen because too many of the little messiahs' vibrations were halted by the evil ADD/ADHD medications?

The reality will be that we (non-believers) missed the bus to Jonestown or missed the intergalactic ride on Hale Bopp.

If I'm wrong, oh well. Indigos are supposedly teeming with love and understanding and thus won't hold it against me nor condemn me.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by jed001
if you look at the right websites 80 percent of the population has the "traits" to be and Indigo , i could be the ruler of the indigos the way my traits line up

If even 70% of the world population truly has the traits of an 'indigo' child, then the 'indigo' mission would have been accomplished. Sensitive, empathetic, logical and much more.

But look around the world today and do you see our greedy and corrupted world turning 'indigo'? I sincerely doubt if you can even find 5%, sadly.....

Throwing a penny to a homeless' mug on the street and then in the next moment rat on your fellow collegue for comming to work late isn't gonna make one an 'indigo'. It is a lifetime process that begins at children, mortal flaws and all, so as to experience life in full before being capable to help others, with concern for others the central theme throughout.

The 'indigo' child feels different not because he/she is mortally special. It is that mission package hardwired into them that makes them difficult to relate to their environment. Much of that hardwiring lets the child to differentiate between right and wrong early, but not much of what is in between - the grey areas. They live a life of poles while young, with not enough mortal experiences on life's journey to comprehend yet, but that hardwired tug is strong in them.

They question authority, but more often, they are harshly made to shut up, to accept lies and BS, to conform, because these indigos are treated as normal kids. In time they grow withdrawn and find difficulty to relate, and learn to hide what they have inside them until they grow up to realize what the grey areas are, and mature from there to help others.

True indigos seek not for fame, glory or fortune, but only to survive and you to survive. Thus,regardless if a child is indigo or not, all children must be treated equally, and given equal opportunities in life to succeed. Those whom are slower may only be late bloomers, or those whom seem intelligent may be only shooting stars that fizzles out quickly. Therefore, patience and guidance are needed for each and every child.

Schools and homes are not meant to churn out robots, but only educated humans to egalitarianly lead the way to a better future for all mankind, by improving upon learnt current knowledge to progress and evolve societies.
edit on 1-3-2012 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimnuggits
reply to post by AwakeinNM

Ahh, 'humor.'

I have heard of it, but never seen it in real life.

Really, though, I think if you're an actual "indigo adult" (if such a thing even exists) you'd most likely keep it to yourself and do what you were "meant" to do when the time comes rather than try to impress people. People who boast about who or what they are usually aren't.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I would consider my beliefs to be slightly on the "new agey" side; however, whenever I hear of the term 'Indigos' a part of me just cringes.

The problem with the New Age community is that it is filled with people who desire to be different and special. The desire paves the way for many charlatans and frauds because it is so easy to abuse these types of people.

For instance
In classic cold reading, one of the techniques used involves building rapport with your client by offering up generalized positive traits that only you can see in this person. This not only establishes yourself as being "someone special," it creates the mystical atmosphere where we suspend our logical brain and entertain things where we may not otherwise.

An example of this to make someone believe they were an indigo would be something along the lines of:
You: You seem to be a a caring compassionate soul who doesn't always seem to fit in the craziness of today's world. Perhaps there was a time, or possibly even now, when you have been ostracized for your beliefs. pause. I can sense that you can really relate to people. Yes, your ability to empathize with others. I sense it's very strong with you.

Them: Yes that's absolutely how I feel!

You: Yes I can see it clearly in your aura. It has a blueish indigo color to it. I can tell just by talking to you that you're what they call an Indigo person. The fact that you're here just reaffirms this to me.

...and this positive reinforcement loops goes on and on.

First of all, these Indigo Traits and not new. They have existed as long as humans have existed.
Being empathic, spiritually aware, etc does not make one and Indigo anymore than being hateful and egotistical makes someone a lesser human.
I mean look at places like Tibet. I mean if this whole Indigo are messengers of the new age thing were true, they would be the types of ones to do it, but I dare you to find any sort of monk say that this is their purpose.

The way I see it, the word 'indigo' was invented to attract a certain type of person.
Now, once you're an 'indigo,' its not a far cry to say that the purpose of indigos is to [insert belief system].

Unfortunately this whole Indigo thing fits all to nicely into the 'you are special' marketing scheme.
edit on 1-3-2012 by xEphon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
PS: Remember these words

X - I WANT TO BELIEVE

Not to know.

Who do you think is behind the X - Files ?
Are the XF about Aliens or about way of thinking ?

edit on 1-3-2012 by Lastone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by RUFFREADY
"indigo children/adults" ...ain't no such thing.
Glad you're here to put the lie to rest.

Cause other cultures around the world would have them.
I would rather think that they would cluster in cultures that allowed for sufficient individualistic expression for the development of their gifts and personalities. Why do you think not?

Like eskimo's and pigmee's AND chineese and sweden (whos nuetrual).
those cultures are either highly survival-constrained or very conformity-oriented (with the exception of Sweden, which does have what we here in Anglophone-land call "indigos". Your point is not made

They would all be acting nuts and not doing what they do. fish, head hunt, male rice, make chocolate.
Indigos came here for a purpose, and to hypothetically postulate that some would deliberately come into a culture that would not allow for that purpose for the sake of proving your point that there is 'no such thing', is ludicrous.

"indigo children/adults" is a made up okum polkum mumbo jumbo buch of mixed brain freeze soup IMHO.
Glad that opinion is humble. it might twist reality if it were proud.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Your hatred of humanity and cynism confused that "wisdom and common sense" - or you don't have any.

Omfg thats hilarious i almost blew milk out of my nose when i read that! Dumbest post of the week award!

Where on earth from that post did you get that he hates humanity? He simply questioned your beliefs. Your no better than a christian or muslim who gets bent out of shape when you question their god. If you cant take the slightest criticism without accusing someone of "hating humanity", your not indigo, your a spoiled brat.

edit on 1-3-2012 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
I'd like to point out that many of you saying Indigo children are people who want to feel special, also believe in Jesus. You could say the same thing about him...but you don't.

The difference between Indigo children and Jesus? Well, we aren't promising salvation by worshiping us and serving the invisible man in the sky.

Just saying.

More assumptions about us "regular" people. I don't believe Jesus ever even existed.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by xEphon
First of all, these 'Indigo Traits' and not new. They have existed as long as humans have existed.
Being empathic, spiritually aware, etc does not make one and "Indigo" anymore than being hateful and egotistical makes someone a lesser human.

Indigos had long been with us when civilisation began. How else would cavemen had learnt civilisation, to step out from the jungles and jungle laws?

But look around today, dare you call these greed filled power lusting societies around the world civilised and evolved yet? How much do we really care for each other instead of being most of the time jealous and self centred? How long more will we humanity finally succumb to killing one another, regress back to the jungles and our natural beastly nature?

Be honest, we are all anonymous here anyway, no one knows who you are outside of cyberspace.

All it takes is just one who comprehends the needs for civilisation to touch another positively, to guide us away from the jungle and its laws. Indigo is but only a label, a term for such people. They are limited and can only do so much, for the rest of mankind had been given inviolable free will, and only can guide and never to force. Mankind were not created to be robots,as we were given free will, only that we must not misuse free will to destroy ourselves or others.
edit on 1-3-2012 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr

anyone who serves only to berate and belittle people who believe differently than you do, indeed, hate humanity.

They seek to crush , kill , and destroy.

Sadly their fragile egos must bash others in order for them to feel like they have control of their near sighted existence - whilst drinking milk behind computer screens.

do you need a hug?

Theire is a way to respectfully disagree. or simply to say "i don't know".

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by femalepharoe

I don´t get that either. Even if people are just making themselves feel special, as some think, I still don´t see why this belief needs to be destroyed and attacked with such anger and determination, as if it isn´t granted to them. like people aren´t allowed to feel special.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by bastardo
reply to post by notquiteright

First of all, I just asked what the problem was with those words. I didn´t insinuate anything. Every person might feel like some of those sometimes but most pëople don´t have all these traits throughout life, and from early childhood on.

Are you arguiing the fact that some people are very different from the majority, and often are preoccupied with above mundane concepts, and have a completely different thought process, and are often so different that other people can sense it?

I continue to see people self diagnose themselves as "indigo" because it makes them feel special.

Some probably are.

I don´t know if you are talking in general here, but I already said that I would never present or think of myself as indigo, I just believe that all souls have a certain purpose to fulfill and some have a more esoteric and spiritual purpose to fulfill.

I know for a fact that my thoughtprocesses are completely different than the vast majority of people and my depth and field of vision seems bigger,always has, and like I said earlier, most people are probably better at being a human than me.

Don´t feel insulted at all.

What is going to happen to the "indigo's" when they realize the rules of the world apply to them, too?

What do you mean? Is there a belief that rules don´t apply?

I personally have felt very different than most throughout my life. I've had a very weird life and was never any good at the social stuff. A friend bought me a psychic reading (oh wait, no she wasn't psychic, she was a lightworker and had some spirits or something talking to her), and she told me that I was an indigo. I quickly dismissed the whole thing as BS. Now, understand, I have been interested in the paranormal, ufos, and conspiracy stuff my whole life, and have wanted to find any kind of real evidence. I still haven't and it bothers me when people make claims that cannot be substantiated in any way.

As far as my comment about the rules not applying, indigo's seem to think (feel?) that they are the first ones who ever desired peace or an enlightened society. In one of the many threads here on ats regarding indigo's, someone posted a video of some elementary school kid who was having his head filled that he was some special wise indigo, and he was actually giving these speaches and all he was saying is that the world should live in peace, we should be kind to each other, etc... And he said something about just always having these different ideas like that, that the world should live in peace. Really? None of us "regulars" ever thought of that. The thing is, we begin idealistic and through the course of our lives realize, we aren't in control of these things. The elite are, and they don't care about me, you, or "love and light". The people don't want the wars, and those that go along with it are brainwashed into that mindset by the media. So what's going to happen to this little boy as he grows older and realizes he's not the first person to want peace? That he can have no real effect on these things alone? That really, he's just a human like the rest of us? That he can't transform into a super hero? Again, it is insulting to think that us "regulars" were all pro-war or something. Because if that's not what you believe, then what exactly makes indigo's special? I'm not trying to be offensive, but we have a responsibility to ourselves and each other to call BS when we see it. Especially here.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Carl Sagan's book "The Demon-Haunted World: Science As A Candle In The Dark" should be required reading for everyone.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

anyone who serves only to berate and belittle people who believe differently than you do, indeed, hate humanity.

Please, i encourage you to go back and read his post, he wasnt even slightly rude or mean, simply questioning. Are you not capable of having a debate? Your being just a tad bit reactionary. Do you always explode when someones opinion differs from yours? You must have conflict after conflict in your life. For you, its either "your with me, or against me", isnt it?

They seek to crush , kill , and destroy.

What the.....................?

Sadly their fragile egos must bash others in order for them to feel like they have control of their near sighted existence - whilst drinking milk behind computer screens.

No, your the one whos ego was crushed by his simple questions. I understand you being a little put off by people doubting you, but saying he "hates humanity"? Excuse me while i lol.

do you need a hug?

Id love one! *hug!*

Theire is a way to respectfully disagree. or simply to say "i don't know".

And his post was quite respectful and honest. Please, if you disagree copy and paste the part of his quote that conviced you he or she hates humanity.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by notquiteright

I quickly dismissed the whole thing as BS. Now, understand, I have been interested in the paranormal, ufos, and conspiracy stuff my whole life, and have wanted to find any kind of real evidence. I still haven't

But why did you dismiss it right away? It sounds more to me like you would not allow yourself to be that.

As far as my comment about the rules not applying, indigo's seem to think (feel?) that they are the first ones who ever desired peace or an enlightened society. In one of the many threads here on ats regarding indigo's, someone posted a video of some elementary school kid who was having his head filled that he was some special wise indigo, and he was actually giving these speaches and all he was saying is that the world should live in peace, we should be kind to each other, etc... And he said something about just always having these different ideas like that, that the world should live in peace. Really? None of us "regulars" ever thought of that.

You can´t blame me or others for what some say. I feel we´re getting hung up on these labels.

Almost everybody wants peace, but how many are actually seeing what the underlying causes for war are, how many are actually chipping away at the current paradigm and envisioning a different future, not the majority.

Again, it is insulting to think that us "regulars" were all pro-war or something. Because if that's not what you believe, then what exactly makes indigo's special?

In that case I would say that the majority of people were preoccupied with their lives and had no opinion or knowledge of the lies about 911 and the wars, for instance, the indigo maybe was the one that was researching information and spreading some truth, while his friends would be out drinking. Just an example.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

lol. I was more so talking about you who agreed with him and then proceeded to call my post the dumbest of the week.

did you think that was very nice?

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join