It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Look if you doubt China's might

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by reaxi0n

Originally posted by TheGreatest

Thanks for clearing that up, I am in the process of joining the British Army so I have some knowledge on the subject but not a great deal.

You're welcome. Congrats on your decision. You'll enjoy it if it's anything like it is here.

And don't worry, you'll be taught to pull the pin, throw, and DUCK.

haha thanks
Glad I won't be playing chicken with an explosive device

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
China can be all that they can be and it won't mean a thing for the good reasons stated already in this thread. China and or Russia have to do is sit back and wait for America to destory its self from within and walk in under UN control and take whats left, or what they have already been sold and if the country has been sold then the military most likely goes with it.

Talk about how strong world militaries are tell your blue in the face, it means nothing anylonger, all the decisions are now being made by the elite with "THERE" own agenda and that aganda does not include you or me or the sovereignty of any country that does not serve a purpose to the achevement of there goals.I really doubt THEY will destory there new world with archaic weaponry, but thats just my opinion.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
2 million people are in the Chinese Military. Waay over 5 million Americans are Armed to the tooth legally and illegally.

If they were crazy enough to invade, they would come up on some of the nastiest street gangs known to man, and then the redneck survivalists, and then the cops, and then everybody else.

It's a dog and pony show, and they would lose.

But its scary as hell.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
When China falls it will be by the hand of it's own people. The wealthier the chinese people become the less they like living on 3 dollars a day with no social benifits, it's even worse in the countryside. Will the chinese army fire on it's own people? Sure some of them will but not all and that will be the decideing factor.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
China only has one air craft carrier... Enough said.

In this day and age you dont win wars with troops, you win with tech. I.E Navy and Air Force are important to fighting a war.

China can defend, sure. But in a invasive situation with lets say, Russia, China would fail and pretty epicly.

Try deploying million plus men and keep them fed and medicated. Good luck.

My two cents.

-SAP-

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

aircraft carries are already outdated
theyre only good as a launching platform against countries with technology thats far inferior or if youve already established dominance in the area and are using it to maintain that
the chinese can drop kinetic munitions from a #ing satellite.... suddenly an aircraft carrier is a multibillion dollar tin can

(not saying we dont have technology thats far superior
im sure we do
the point im making is aircraft carriers in this day and age are a waste of resources)
edit on 24-2-2012 by sirhumperdink because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Line dancing the future of modern warfare.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I think if they were playing "Some were over the rainbow" instead of heavy metal in the video it wouldnt be that scary.....not that it is.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by sirhumperdink
reply to post by SloAnPainful

aircraft carries are already outdated
theyre only good as a launching platform against countries with technology thats far inferior or if youve already established dominance in the area and are using it to maintain that
the chinese can drop kinetic munitions from a #ing satellite.... suddenly an aircraft carrier is a multibillion dollar tin can

(not saying we dont have technology thats far superior
im sure we do
the point im making is aircraft carriers in this day and age are a waste of resources)
edit on 24-2-2012 by sirhumperdink because: (no reason given)

You are right but they need them to launch their fighter jets/planes insted of launching them from a base and having them fly all the way across the ocean with limited fuel supply..

It maybe outdated but they are not useless and still outdated China only has one...

-SAP-

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Boys and Girls, something you should know about the PLA ranking.
1. You only get promoted to lower and middle positions if you have family connections or absolutely corrupt the crap out of you superiors. If not you're stuck as a s(*tkicker
2. The young officers in these positions have hardly no leadership skills, must regulars wouldn't follow them down a path if they had a choice, but they know how the game is played, play along or get beaten.
3. Take out the dragon head and the rest will follow.
4. I knew one guy who said he couldn't even afford a tube of tooth paste when he was there 7 to 8 years ago, so if you're not rich or don't have good connections, you're on the express elevator to hell.

On the flip side, some provinces have more integrity than others in their management ways and training, especially the west of China, guys out there are tough nuts and actually assist the local communities.

This is from my experience living here and knowing PLA's. Most young officers I've seen drive Audi's, BMW's and hardly lift a finger, very proud of their so called power and have no thought for anyone under them, only above.
It's ALL about connections here.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
If China was so tough, why did they use a video from Top Gun to pawn off their military might?

www.escapistmagazine.com...

edit on 24-2-2012 by kellynap43 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
This policy we have to keep superior technology in the military is causing countries great financial stress. Our country is far in debt and part of it is because of military expenditures to keep us on the top. I wonder what people are benefiting the most from this situation. This makes the USA susceptible to financial takeover which is just as bad. The stress level of the world is high and that's a dangerous state to have. I'm curious what will happen in the coming years..........Maybe those that may take over won't be so bad, I have no reputable clues to their true plans. I know if they are using people with dishonest tactics in their acquisition to power they will not be able to trust these individuals in their future infrastructure of their organization. Those untrustworthy people will somehow have to be eliminated because their deceitful ways will be a threat to the stability of the organization. That's what I would do anyway if I was the leader of the new government unit. Good thing I have no power in this world.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
The war would last a Day.....then there would be nothing.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by STKauyon

Beam me up Scotty it's getting wild down here.......Scotty.......SCOT....Hssssssssssssssssssssss404FILE NOT FOUND

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
their biggest downfall is all of their equipment is made in china. it will fall apart before they even get the chance to use it

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Pegasus2000

You have what? A technological advantage? To china? Please wake up. If the US of A decide to ever go on war with china it will be the last day on earth as we know it.
And no, Russia is not a thread to China. China is not afraid of Russia even. They respect each other and have a more friendly relationship than the US has to any other country in the world, especially after the war on Irak where the US pretty much went in without asking anybody.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by SloAnPainful
China only has one air craft carrier... Enough said.

In this day and age you dont win wars with troops, you win with tech. I.E Navy and Air Force are important to fighting a war.

China can defend, sure. But in a invasive situation with lets say, Russia, China would fail and pretty epicly.

Try deploying million plus men and keep them fed and medicated. Good luck.

My two cents.

-SAP-

Tell that to the Taliban, and the mujahideen before them. We are going on 11 years now in Afghanistan against poorly armed insurgents and we aren't winning.

Russia had an embarrassing defeat at the hands of the mujahideen even though they had no real logistics and no air support what so ever. Tech does not always prevail.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
No offense, but you just need to work in a Chinese owned company for a little bit of time to understand them.
It is all about show without substance and that is what I see with this "army".

I remember the employees saying "We work so hard, we have to leave at 7:30 at night!"

Of course they have to leave at 7:30 to make up for their one hour of pingpong and 2 hours of lunch! And no, that is not an exaggeration.
Many of them bragged about their half-million dollar houses and Mercedes Benz..but you can also hear them on the phone, trying to stop foreclosure.
At least 2 of them had "PhD's" which were actually belonging to someone else with the same name and forged documents.

I give them one week of battle before their Chinese-made crap falls apart on the battlefront.

Sorry to sound racist or what-have-you.. I used to have so much respect for them as a young child..until I lived amongst them and worked with them! That'll change your perspective!

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by TheGreatest

There are a lot of parallels with the Red army of WW2 there,Whether they are as well trained as Western armies is a moot point,they could sweep most opposition aside with sheer weight of numbers,much like the soviets did against the much more highly trained and better equiped Wehrmacht.
If we ever go head to head with them our best option would be to confine them to areas where large scale attacks are impractical.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I don't agree with everyone saying that they are just for show and have no experience in modern warfare tactics etc etc. Is that not what America initially thought about North Vietnam but in much smaller numbers? It's good China has a strong army. It may be dwarfed in comparison to America but it is still not a pushover.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join