It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Look if you doubt China's might

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I'm not Chinese but I saw this video and was shocked, they look like an army of robots!

edit on 23-2-2012 by TheGreatest because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by TheGreatest

They look weak and frail...moving targets if you ask me!

There is a bunch of them though...going to need lots of bullets!

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Look, even third world cesspit North Korea can do it too :

All they do all day is drill to march like that. They do not train to fight, they train to look pretty.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Very impressive indeed.

I am particularly amazed at how they can extend the rows to so many troops in each marching squad. I have done many parades and we only marched in 3 - 4 rows.. they are keeping in formation with 10-20 wow

They sure look ready for a conventional confrontation.

My favorite part of the video is this screen capture.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Look, even third world cesspit North Korea can do it too :

All they do all day is drill to march like that. They do not train to fight, they train to look pretty.

The reason Korean citizens are in poverty is because all the money is spent on the military.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
The guys at around 2:25 looks like a brigade of astronauts!

Blue suits, white strange helmets.

Space cadets

edit on 23-2-2012 by EartOccupant because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Doesn't look like that many soldiers, to be honest.
Maybe a thousand or two.

But why train all those soldiers to be exactly in line and strictly in order?
You can't fight like that, or line up like that in war, so...?

It's a propaganda machine, as you can see the huge microphone to record the footsteps.
They want you to be intimidated when you see these soldiers in action.
To me, it just shows how they can be trained just like show dogs.

This doesn't show military might at all.
North Korea does the same show.
So did Nazi Germany.

It shows a strict communist military pattern.
All show no go.

+12 more 
posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Its a DEFENSIVE army, with near ZERO posibilities to project military power more than 200 km away from their borders.

Sure, they have MILLIONS of troops...and its impossible to win a war where China is on defense.

What china CANNOT DO (at least for many years from now on) is to DEFEND MILITARILY anything else EXCEPT North Koreea.

China can send NOW 1,000-2,000 troops in, lets say Iran, or Syria...but that is pretty much the BEST they can do.US can send 50,000 troops along military hardware ANYWHERE in the world, in shortest time possible.
US have 400+ bases all around the world (logistics) AND alied countries that will ACCEPT any amount of US troops and military hardaware.

What else China don't have compared to US, UK or France ? They don't have WAR EXPERIENCED soldiers.
Or WAR EXPERIENCED air force and or navy.
A hardened US or UK or Israeli army battallion will kick the shi.t out of a chinese army DIVISION.

Numbers means NOTHING in 21st century.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

I wouldn't be fooled friend. We use to train three or four days to parade for dignitaries and the like of them. Marching in a parade is extracurricular. If they show the same dedication in arms training and tradesmen-ship training as they do for parading, I would suggest "Beware" the dragon people are there.

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
First. Do not underestimate a country who has more people in its Army Core than most countries have people. Period.

Second. Do not underestimate China period. They are more patriotic than any other country. They share a Race, a Culture, thousands years old History, Religion, and Ideals about society. They are more United than us.

Theres a reason we see them as a threat, They are.

However China does not war. They have nothing but gains to be lost from war. No benefit for them at all. They would much rather things remain the same.

However since western culture is stalling so many things... Economically.. China will get fed up.

China is a Frienemy.. our greatest trading partner, is also our biggest competitor.

China and USA will be friends, even after WW3. The only thing that could deter that though, is the Chinese neighbors to the North, Russia.

China is scared of Russia, and its nuclear capabilities. If anything america will help China with its nuclear ambitions in the future, to deter Russia.

Know that China would never ever strike first. Ever. Something happens, it was either our own doing, Or Russia.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
You may joke about Going to war with china, but they Arnt as weak and frail as you may suspect. This is a serious situation. They have been warriors long before the US was discovered. Granted we have the almighty technological advance, but the scary thought is the fact hat most of the components for all our bombs, warheads, guidance systems and such are manufactured there. That in its self is treason in my book.

If you want to go by the classic definition of power by numbers, they are a worth opponent per say.

You bring in the thought of EMP weapons were a sitting duck in many ways. Guaranteed not all military technology is hardened in that respect.

To me it's quite an alarming situation. If and when SHTF it's not going to be like prior World Wars, I have a strong feeling this one will come ashore.
Let's hope this is all overreactions and false worries.
edit on 23-2-2012 by Pegasus2000 because: Retarded iPhone auto correct changing words

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

edit on 23-2-2012 by TheGreatest because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
There is nothing more important in an armed force than discipline and training. Combined and constantly reinforced, these two factors will produce soldiers which will follow orders without a second thought.

When I see the effort which is taken to produce such Borg-like precision in marching, I am convinced the rank and file are fully engaged in the complete removal of any individuality or personal ego. This cohesion would no doubt also translate throughout the training of these troops, be it live fire exercises, map reading or latrine duty.

The end result of such a structure may be immediate and unquestioning response to all orders, which, in my mind, is a weakness... the chink in their armour because war (in the new millenium) is fluid and ever-changing. There is no room for change in the Borg unless it filters down from the brass to the individual in the field. That's WWI thinking and kills millions sensessly.
edit on 23/2/12 by masqua because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by truthinfact

Couldn't have said it better myself. Agreed

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Glargod

Marching in a parade is extracurricular.

Not in the North Korean army. It's mandatory.

And they don't ``really`` train much because they don't have enough : food and oil.

+1 more 
link   

link   
Talk about taking it to the next level! As to the person that asked why they do this when it isn't necessary, think of the movie Karate Kid. Remember "wax on - wax off"? That wasn't necessary either. Its what you learn from it that counts. These soldiers, though small in stature will more than make up for it in persistence and dedication... and of course sheer numbers. I would rather have them as a friend than an enemy for sure!

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
BUT do they have the logistics to send 200,000 troops over seas to South America, for example, and keep them fed and fueled and armed for 10 years?

U.S can... It's been proven over and over.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
LMFAO at all who are impresed by numbers.

We are NOT living in middle ages, when 1,000 guys wil win aganist 200.

Today (check the calendar) its 2012, times when ONE single conventional bomb kills hundreds.Times when 50 fighter planes of generation 4 can destroy 1,000 planes of generation 2, without any casualties.Times when 100 Tomahawk can destroy teh same number of : radar stations, powerplants, bridges, etc.

Stop dreaming.

Nobody is understimating China's Military.Everyone knows that they cannot be invaded.But this is (for the moment) ALL THEY CAN DO : DEFEND.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Does anyone realize, that we Made China who is it today, we will continue to make china who it is, We've Westernized China thru their people seeing how we live, and using capitalistic means to increase their wealth.

Now no matter what army they have, the fact of the matter remains, China Relies on us for purchasing of their goods. Without us, they wouldn't have the money to buy those weapons and armies.

Nuff said. You don't destroy the customers, it's just bad bizz.
edit on 23-2-2012 by Moneyisgodlifeisrented because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join