It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Look if you doubt China's might

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I remember playing C&C listening to this song back in the day... is it wierd that i've been dating gurls that were born around the or after the originical C&C came out?? LOL But I always wondered what that German guy was saying in that song... was it Hitler saying something?

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by lordnightstalker
Oh another demoralize the Americans thread

ahaa so thats what this is.
Thanks for telling us

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by lordnightstalker
Oh another demoralize the Americans thread

Yeah, you guessed it. If it isn't pro-American, then it is anti-American

swing80s-
I remember playing C&C listening to this song back in the day... is it wierd that i've been dating gurls that were born around the or after the originical C&C came out?? LOL But I always wondered what that German guy was saying in that song... was it Hitler saying something?

It's from C&C Red Alert, not the original C&C. In my opinion, the original C&C storyline sucks the big one. I was always a fan of Red Alert and Generals though.
edit on 24-2-2012 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Again going back to the "Quality over quantity" argument, China has the capabilities of training Special forces that match western military skill, no doubt about it. What's more frightening is they could have a single regiment of special forces that equals the size of the US army.

The Chinese may not of been in many conflicts but they are very good friends with the Russians who are no strangers to war and Chinese military history traces back thousands of years, when us Brits where under Roman occupation and the USA ceased to exist.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sablicious
Propaganda footage. (NB: It's a communist regime)

No one doubts China's numerical might. But wars of the future aren't fought with foot soldiers--they're fought with computers. If numbers and robotic exercises were all, North Korea could preach.

It's China's 'Blue Army', and the like, that people should be concerned about. The grunts will only come into play after the defences and infrastructure has been disabled; when the 'genocide' begins.

A super computer geek is one person in every million. We would have about 300, They would have 1000. If the Chinese ally with the Indians we would be outnumbered 7 or 8 to 1.

They would be like SkyNet in the Terminator series.
edit on 24-2-2012 by Semicollegiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Oh come on. We don't have anything to worry about China, unless we piss them off. They aren't like the United States that instigates unrest, they just want to keep what's theirs and look out for the safety and welfare of their country..........I think?........

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Do not forget that with so many troops means you have to have a way to transport them. If China and the U.S were to go through war they would have a tough time dealing with the Navy.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Just here to make an observation.

The one thing I find sad, is that the Soviet Union(9yrs 53 days), and the USA (10 1/2 years) have both been in Afghanistan 9-10 years each... and neither produced results. If there were any results, the US troops would have left, but they're still there. The Soviets left as they found it too tough, Afghanistan back then was supported by US/UK/Israel/China/Saudi Arabia/Libya/Pakistan/Indonesia and Canada. The Soviets had the support of India.

The sad part... both these nations are/were Super powers, Afghanistan is and was a third world nation, so all this might of the military that's been discussed here is pointless if there are no results to show for it.

Some people laugh mockingly at China's military parade, why laugh at a powerful nation when the US or the USSR couldn't beat up a bunch of 3rd world soldiers?!

Food for thought
Here as some examples of Asymmetric Warfare: US in Vietnam, USSR/USA in Afghanistan, The British Empire VS. Zulu Nation(Modern weapons vs Spears) , Ancient Persia VS. Ancient Greece, Israel VS Egypt, Syria, Jordan, Iraq, 6 Days war. Finland VS USSR, The American War of Independence, First Anglo Afghan War.

Greatest example in my opinion... The 13 Colonies VS the British Empire.

Never underestimate your enemy.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Raimo

Yes the ocean is the cheapest and easiest way to move masses of troops and equiptment.

If there is one thing that secret goverment research has been working on for sure it is a power source to replace oil. When they find it, most important troop movements will be through space and armies will appear and dissappear in hours.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TheGreatest

Cannon fodder. Nothing more. Millions of soldiers do no make victory.

We went into Iraq with literally 1:10 ratio to the enemy and destroyed them.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Ha! Not sure if anyone else saw this, but the video of these "so called hardnuts" passing around a live grenade.......Meh! Watch closely, just before the end of the pass the parcel party game, they drop the "grenade" just to the left of the hole...i.e. not actualy in it........then BOOM!!!!! Controlled explosion...........very gay indeed. Wow! So hard, so manly, so crap.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
What I see on this thread, is a bunch of people denying facts even when it is presented right in their faces, they simply continue to burry their head in the sand. I would certainly love to see a multi-polar world where the US is not the only superpower, not from an ideological perspective, but rather, because it would be far more interesting to observe given that I have spent my whole life living in a world where America is the sole superpower.

However, with that said, if I were a betting man, and I took 7 minutes of my time to do a quick internet search and some light reading, I would immediately come to the conclusion, that if we were trying to measure US power against Chinese power, or the US military against the Chinese military, simply in terms of the ability to project power across the world, I would take every single last penny I have and put it all on Team America. Given that alot of clueless people on this forum would be putting their money behind China, I project that I would make alot of money.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeachM1litant

Too right buddy, have you seen the Awesomeness that is "The Aircraft Carrier". Oh, I would watch out if I were you, that thing could pop up anywhere??!

WOW!
edit on 24-2-2012 by CaptainBeno because: VIDEO

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Can't speak for North Korea, but in South Korea, the troops were pretty badly trained. Even our non-combat troops could take out their special forces in training exercises. I remember capturing an entire squad, me and two other soldiers. They were pretty awful. Also very unsafe. I remember their firing weapons on their side of the range, while we were down getting our targets. I recall our commander reaming their commander for being an idiot.

I used to think back then.. "if we ever do as many South Koreans want, and fully leave their country.. South Korea would become North Korea within a year. They were just that bad.

China is a super power. They have a massive army and a huge array of weapons. Why is anyone surprised?

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
By the way, sometime this century we will be paying China's entire defense budget through our debt bonds

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I suppose that if wars were determined by who had the best marching band, or synchronized swimmers, then we'd be in trouble.

I'd like to see these videos again but, next time, everyone should be wearing tap shoes!

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
screw the chinese!!!!

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeachM1litant
What I see on this thread, is a bunch of people denying facts even when it is presented right in their faces, they simply continue to burry their head in the sand. I would certainly love to see a multi-polar world where the US is not the only superpower, not from an ideological perspective, but rather, because it would be far more interesting to observe given that I have spent my whole life living in a world where America is the sole superpower.

However, with that said, if I were a betting man, and I took 7 minutes of my time to do a quick internet search and some light reading, I would immediately come to the conclusion, that if we were trying to measure US power against Chinese power, or the US military against the Chinese military, simply in terms of the ability to project power across the world, I would take every single last penny I have and put it all on Team America. Given that alot of clueless people on this forum would be putting their money behind China, I project that I would make alot of money.

Who would anyone rationally bet that China would be superior in terms of global force projection? China has no ambitions for global force projection, nor have they invested in a military force capable of engaging global battles.

They are only interested in regional power. That is what their force is designed for.
edit on 24-2-2012 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

China is just getting started as a superpower. They would have to be divinely benevolent and ethical not to take the world over before they are through.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TheGreatest

That was a decent video but there was another one more chilling on Youtube China's Show of Force. Don't know to embed that or I would.

The Chinese or not now and never have been our friends. We're decreasing our military power for what? So we can roll over and play dead when the Chinese have had their fill of toying with us. And to think that we are helping them build their power by buying the products they schlep over to us. They're really laughing up their a$$es at us foolish Americans who can gab about sports, and the Oscars, and $220 pairs of tennis shoes intelligently, but don't pay attention to what's going on behind their backs. We at least on ATS are a more enlightened breed I would like to think.

Chinese don't play fair but neither do the Russians. When all is said and done the Chinese want to be rulers of the world. It's in their blood, Ghengis Khan, Kublai Khan etc.

Watch the movie Red Dawn. It's an old movie with a young Patrick Swayse, but it 's main warning could happen not the fictional stuff in between ( I don't think so, not now that they've been dumbed down too much.)

Side note; to one of your other replies: And yes the North Koreans can do it too because that's the only way their young people can eat three squares.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join