It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evidence Of Advanced Technology Thousands Of Years Ago In Peru (Interesting)

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohhnyBGood
They had a different relationship with the elemental kingdoms in those days and were able to entice/command them to help build these structures - ie jinn, fairies, giants etc - nowadays we have them as ET's of various sorts.

There are plenty of stories of How Solomon used them to build his temple, and I have no doubt that inca used them to soften and mould granite stones.

"stories"...enough said.....

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rocketman7

We are talking about something like 1/16 inch per rotation.

In other words the drill bit would rotate 16 times for every inch it went into the rock.

To what purpose would a slow drill be to them....

We use high speed drills. We don't have a drill that can drill into granite, going an inch in 16 turns.
I know the pet explanation is they used diamonds, or glued them to rope and used them as saws, but there is no evidence of them using diamond tipped drill bits. Tube shaped drill bits.

Got to look at what would work with the basic tools that THEY had.....

What we do have is bronze saw blades. They might have had diamond stuck on them like we use diamond blades now to cut rock and concrete.
But there is no evidence they had diamond on the edges.

Evidence is they cut stone...how much time it took to cut that stone we do not know, AND we have nothing but primitive tools at best as evidence. They carried water long distance in clay pots but had other super advance technology...I don't buy it...

It would be like today that we still used raw stone to build with, but used all out advance technology to do it. Oh, and we still lived very primitive too...

You need to throw me another bone here with all this. The picture outside the stones show basic primitive lifestyle, so one could easily suggest their stone cutting technique was simple, but effective too.

If one thinks the stones were from a much more ancient advance race with the great technology to do all kind of wonder...we are still talking about raw stone work, once again.
edit on 24-2-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
And you can read this white paper if you want from 2006, which shows that much of the Great Pyramid was made of a kind of cement.
Geopolymer White Paper pdf
www.materials.drexel.edu...

But I suspect that the pre-historic culture, had yet a different type of cement, that today looks like granite.

And so then they would drill into this when it was not completely set. So then it could be drilled easily.
And also cut easily. With bronze saws.

And also shaped a bit, and that is what it looks like at Sacsayhuman.
Shown here Not only that, but someone took a stick, when it was still wet, and drew a snake in it. Barely visible in this picture.

So I know our culture and our civilization is a civilization of complete idiots, but even a complete idiot might be able to see that someone drew in that stone while it was still wet.
Just sayin.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rocketman7

So I know our culture and our civilization is a civilization of complete idiots, but even a complete idiot might be able to see that someone drew in that stone while it was still wet.
Just sayin.

Why in your opinion are we a civilization of complete idiots? Because we don't agree with your evidence? I agree with xtrozero. Why, if they had advanced technology to build with would they still live such a primitive lifestyle? Why not use the technology to improve their standard of living? Where is the evidence of this advanced tech? And as xtrozero said we have no idea how long these cuts and holes took to make.

What makes you think they drew in the stone rather than chiseling it? Or using abrasive to make the marks? Sorry my friend I just don't see your evidence as support for advanced technology.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Not only were the large blocks near Cuzco made of a kind of cement, lots of people know that.

and in fact, you even have a place where someone stepped in the cement and left foot prints.

review-planet.ru...

Plus, you can see that there was a wooden form, on the right are marks left after the form was removed.
You can see the joint left behind a tell tale sign of form work from concrete.

Then their concrete process required heat treating to make it hard.

So you have evidence of that in Cuzco.
blog.world-mysteries.com...

This box in Cuzco was obviously made of concrete...

And the great pyramid, also has a box like that in it.

If you were to chip your name in it today, just think how famous you would be a thousand years from now.
Everyone would say you made it.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Maybe the technology is not completely lost, or at least not to everyone. Think about Eduard Leedskalnin and his Coral Castle, for example...

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocketman7

I can easily believe they had concrete. The Romans had concrete so why not civilizations before. But it's kind of debatable that it could be described as 'advanced technology', just clever humans. I do find it a little hard to believe that their concrete has turned to granite. Concrete certainly does get harder with age though. Possibly samples should be taken to determine the composition of their concrete? Creating those blocks using concrete and molds makes far more sense that laser cutters, aliens, giants etc.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
PSA

*Please edit the quoted portion to the salient material needed to make your point!
There is no need to repeat entire posts within the body of your response*

Mod Note: Excessive Quoting – Please Review This Link

Or utilize the REPLY TO option

TIA

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Do any of the pictures depict someone stonecutting?

All those depictions of everyday life, yet nobody making these amazing blocks.

You would think they would be proud of the achievement.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Cement was used throughout the world, and so maybe here too, but it was not advance tech. And we are talking cutting as in what the video showed a half cut stone. Good point though in how a civilization could make a pattern in a rock without the need for cutting.

I must say I do marvel at these wonders, but that marvel is based on their skill and knowledge to do this in a primitive way. To kind of explain it away with aliens, magic, religion, or lost advance civilizations kinds of cheapens their achievements. IMHO

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic

Who knows, stone cutting might have been some low layman's position. It had to be grueling in any case...the actual cutting most likely was looked a pond as a low labor function.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Who knows, stone cutting might have been some low layman's position. It had to be grueling in any case...the actual cutting most likely was looked a pond as a low labor function.

Only in a high tech or academic community would stonework like that be considered lowly.

They were either primitive or they weren't.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic

I'd prefer a link so I can read it myself, I searched over 6 pages of this thread with zero verifications of dates.

That's not good. The basis they are using for dating relies on a cataclysmic flood they say happened 12,000 years ago, and there is no geological proof a flood like this occurred then. They then assume an additional 5,000 years before this flood is when these constructions occurred, that's pure conjecture.

If all of the ice melted on earth the sea level would rise an estimated 220 some feet. Tiwanaku, Bolivia is situated at an elevation of 3840 m (12600 feet). Most of the world ice is in Antarctica, up to 7,000 feet think, if all of the ice melted in Antarctica sea levels would rise about 200 feet, Greenland holds the second most world ice it would effect sea level about 20 more feet, ocean ice melt would have nominal effect on sea levels, and all land glacial ice would only contribute a couple feet if that. We are thousands of feet from the sea level ever reaching this site.

That dating method is not based in science, its based on mythology.

This land mass in Bolivia has no scientific proof that it was at a different altitude above sea level 12,000 years ago than it is now, and if it wasn't, a flood would be the least of the problems the area would have faced.

My response must be divided into two parts. First I want to address that fact that Lake Titicaca was once at sea level. In the second post, I will address the archaeo-astronomy involved in dating Tiahuanaco.

“Titicaca is the world’s largest freshwater lake, 138 miles long and in places 70 miles wide. Bellamy writes in Moon, Myths and Man:

‘…Near Lake Titicaca we find a very interesting phenomenon: an ancient strand line (salt water line) which is almost 12,000 feet above sea level. It is easily verifiable as an ancient littoral (coast line) because calcareous deposits of algae have painted a conspicuous white band upon the rocks, and because shells and shingle are littered about there.’

‘What is even more remarkable is that on this strand line are situated the cyclopean ruins of the town of Tiahuanaco, enigmatic remains which show five distinct landing-places, harbours with moles, and so on, while a canal leads far inland. The only plausible explanation is that the town was once situated on the shores of a girdle-tide, for no one can easily believe that the Andes have risen some 12,000 feet since the town was founded.’”

“…that the Andes have risen more than two miles above sea level. The presence of various sea creatures – including sea horses – in Lake Titicaca leaves no doubt it was once part of the sea.”

Source: Page 146, “From Atlantis to the Sphinx” (1996) Colin Wilson

The same basic info is repeated on Page 77 in “Mysteries From Forgotten Worlds” (1972):

“It has often been suggested that Tiahuanaco, a port which is now away from the water and Lake Titicaca, a deep lake with oceanic fauna, were once at sea level and were thrust more than two miles upward during a convulsion of the earth wich also formed the ‘new’ chain of the Andes, a theory which would explain the abandonment of Tiahuanaco and the existence of a salt line on the surrounding mountains.”

edit on 25-2-2012 by AuranVector because: reformat

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic

That's not good. The basis they are using for dating relies on a cataclysmic flood they say happened 12,000 years ago, and there is no geological proof a flood like this occurred then. They then assume an additional 5,000 years before this flood is when these constructions occurred, that's pure conjecture.

If all of the ice melted on earth the sea level would rise an estimated 220 some feet. Tiwanaku, Bolivia is situated at an elevation of 3840 m (12600 feet). Most of the world ice is in Antarctica, up to 7,000 feet think, if all of the ice melted in Antarctica sea levels would rise about 200 feet, Greenland holds the second most world ice it would effect sea level about 20 more feet, ocean ice melt would have nominal effect on sea levels, and all land glacial ice would only contribute a couple feet if that. We are thousands of feet from the sea level ever reaching this site.

That dating method is not based in science, its based on mythology.

This land mass in Bolivia has no scientific proof that it was at a different altitude above sea level 12,000 years ago than it is now, and if it wasn't, a flood would be the least of the problems the area would have faced.

This is the second half of my response:

“In his voluminous work, Tiahuanaco: The Cradle of American Man, the late Professor Arthur Posnansky ( a forminable German-Bolivian scholar whose investigations at the ruins lasted for almost fifty years) explains the archaeo-astronomical calculations which led to his controversial re-dating of Tiahuanaco. These, he says, were based ‘solely and exclusively on the difference in the obliquity of the ecliptic of the period in which the Kalasasaya was built and that which it is today.’”

The rest of Chapter 11 goes on to explain Posnansky’s method & calculations.

Source: Page 78, “Fingerprints of the Gods” (1995) by Graham Hancock

“Fortunately, Posnansky’s calculations drew the attention of a four-man German Astronomical Commission whose purpose was to study archaeological sites in the Andes. This team , led by Dr. Hans Ludendorff of the Potsdam Astronomical Observatory, studied the Kalasasaya between 1927 and 1930, and not only confirmed that it was an ‘observatory,’ but also decided that it had been constructed in accordance with an astronomical plan that, at the very least, predated the time of King Arthur by many thousands of years – they suggested 9300 BC. (11,300 years ago).

Source: Page 149 , “From Atlantis to the Sphinx” (1996) Colin Wilson

It is thru Posnansky that that seemingly outrageous date of 15,000 BCE (17,000 years ago) for Tiahuanaco came. This date has since been revised down to 10,000 BCE (12,000 years ago) by other scientists.

“Posnansky’s calculation of Tiahuanaco’s principal solstitial alignments suggested that they might originally have been surveyed more than 17,000 years ago. Based on modern satellite readings, this date has subsequently refined to approximately 12,000 years ago by the American archaeoastronomer Neil Steede.”

Source: Page 303, “Heaven’s Mirror: Quest for the Lost Civilization” (1998) Graham Hancock

To me the single most convincing evidence of Tiahuanaco’s deep antiquity has been the carvings of Proboscids and Toxodons.
Proboscids (a tusked, elephant-like creature) and the Toxodons (a South American species of Hippopotamus) were once common in South America, but have been extinct since 10,000 BCE (12,000 years ago).

No less than forty-six (46) toxodon heads are carved into the frieze of the Gateway of the Sun. Other extinct species such as the Shelidoterium (a diurnal quadruped) and the Macrauchenia (larger than the modern horse, had three-toed feet).

Source: Pages 85 & 86, “Fingerprints of the Gods”

“…the form of an elephant in the complex frieze – for elephants are unknown on the American continent, and there have been no such beasts since about 10,000 BC, when a creature with tusks and trunk, called the Cuvieronius, became extinct.”

Source: Page 150, “From Atlantis to the Sphinx” (1996) Colin Wilson

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Only in a high tech or academic community would stonework like that be considered lowly.

They were either primitive or they weren't.

What I think really doesn't determine what they were, does it? What is your point...show me one high tech item from that era and I'll lean to your side. Show me anything but people living in raw stone room using open fire as heat/cooking and clay pots as storage and I might lean your way. It is not what I say or think it is how they lived.

Grinding a stone doesn't need to be some great job.....

Why do you suggest a statement like you did as if it was a truism and not just your opinion.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   

If you see these things and you don't see anything more than what meets the eye, then don't bother yourself about the subejct, if you ask me why I think as I think, I will tell you (not like those that come, make claims and when you ask them about it they stay mute) what I think and why I think so.

If you still don't see anything strange, then twist it no longer, I think the way I do and you the way you do and it's fine.

What's the purpose of trying to convince me about what it is all about, do you know what happened?, noooooo

So, we can see that at this point is like the one that makes a claim/statement and then remain mute when asked about it, that is it's just a egotistic desire to draw attention to yourself, and I'm not here to feed any kids mouth

edit on 25-2-2012 by Marco0Aurelio because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-2-2012 by Marco0Aurelio because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   

I noticed your replies, I sent you a pm about it.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   
these stones are from Puma Punku.
To me they clearly look like cast stones..see the tiny bubble structure ( like concrete)

edit on 25-2-2012 by anti72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
When you consider that this work was performed 7000 feet up in the Andes, it is hard to imagine how anyone could do this level of labor at that altitude. I have heard they chew coca leaves for energy and to fight altitude sickness, but to shape stones of this size and weight at that altitude is amazing. I do believe it could be accomplished without ancient astronauts however. With string saws, abrasives and a good eye you can get this kind of result without too much trouble. The Amazon Indians of today can polish the barrel of a blowgun to the same accuracy that you see in a rifle barrel. These ancient people were intelligent and resourceful. It doesnt take an exotic theory to figure out how they did it, just brains and technique.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by openminded2011

It isn't just cutting them which I don't buy without modern technology (because so many) but also moving then. Moving those monster stone blocks are miles away. No the theory is going to change from mainstream theory. It will change but it will take a lot of time because we have been embedded in incorrect thought for so long. Just too much evidence against mainstream theory whether they like it our not. Christopher Dunn is right indeed. And if you listen close to what he says, he doesn't say it wasn't of earth culture, though I highly doubt it. The races are just too varied, they could not of possibly come from just Adam and Eve. And I don't thing that all aliens are demons.

edit on 25-2-2012 by thetiler because: spelling and additional thought

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join