It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop Tazers Handcuffed Women In The Back. She Is Now Braindead.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
When will they stop peddling the tazer a non lethal? Clearly training needs to be updated.

Maudsley was arrested for her alleged involvement in two hit-and-run crashes and driving without a license.

Okay somebody who goes around driving irresponsibly is a danger to society, but ROE on taser use need to be revised. Maybe male police officers can be expected to be fit enough to be able to run after somebody of the fairer sex?
edit on 21-2-2012 by Cassius666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

So the girl bears zero responsibility for committing the act she was arrested for, or for attempting to escape?

The action of the Officer was justified. It's just unfortunate she hit her head, but the actions that lead to it were her fault.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
This guy was just a few feet behind her why couldn't he have just grabbed her? Officer Daniel Cole is a coward.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cassius666
When will they stop peddling the tazer a non lethal? Clearly training needs to be updated.

Note that girl's brain injury was not due to application of the tazer, but due to a fall (which could be foreseen, to be honest). In and by itself tazers aren't more lethal than the drugs the girls was apparently taking, but just like the drugs, the unfortunate outcome may follow due to various circumstances.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by butcherguy

Except for all you people who are accussing the cop of murder without a trial and without the informaiton.

hhhmmm funny how that works.
I never accused him of murder. She is still alive.

You might want to watch the "You people stuff". Just because some of us are black and don't care for that racist talk.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
What a bunch of bleeding hearts...

Does anyone take responsibility for their own actions anymore? She committed a crime. She tried to run from the consequences, and by doing so was responsible for what happened. She is responsible! It is her fault! It was always her fault, from the beginning, when she took the drugs. She did some drugs and decided to get behind the wheel of a 4,000lb weapon on wheels where she could have killed some little kids with her out of control driving, then ran from the cops. The funny thing about free will, if you make a bad decision it could kill you, or leave you brain dead.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Wow, she really hit her head hard.......why was she running in the first place? I am not on the side of the cop whatsoever, but what did she do to deserve a taze?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by lambs to lions

I usually take the cops' side, but I admit there was sloppy work on cops part in that one...

Does anyone take responsibility for their own actions anymore? She committed a crime. She tried to run from the consequences, and by doing so was responsible for what happened. She is responsible! It is her fault! It was always her fault, from the beginning, when she took the drugs. She did some drugs and decided to get behind the wheel of a 4,000lb weapon on wheels

I agree with that. Thing is, cops see in their line of duty what sometimes happens when a druggie is behind the wheel, and most on people on ATS do not (fortunately!).

I still feel for the girl, it's still a tragedy.
I had a head injury once and I also blacked out after a while.

edit on 21-2-2012 by buddhasystem because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by sith9157
Wow, she really hit her head hard.......why was she running in the first place? I am not on the side of the cop whatsoever, but what did she do to deserve a taze?
She needed tased because he lost control of a suspect that he was taking out of a police building to drive her to another police building. She needed tased because he was a few feet behind her and was too lazy to run after her.

Here is a BIG reason she was tased. If she had gotten away from him.... he would have been reprimanded for losing a suspect that he had already arrested.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

You might want to watch the "You people stuff". Just because some of us are black and don't care for that racist talk.

"You people" is not inherently racist, get over yourself.

As for the topic.

There definitely needs to be ongoing fitness checks on officers but that was since long before this incident. It's the woman's fault for running, it's a shame that it happened just so that she cracked her skull on the pavement the way she did but the rabid cop hate that permeates this thread is in this instance, quite unfounded.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Originally posted by lambs to lions

I usually take the cops' side, but I admit there was sloppy work on cops part in that one...

Does anyone take responsibility for their own actions anymore? She committed a crime. She tried to run from the consequences, and by doing so was responsible for what happened. She is responsible! It is her fault! It was always her fault, from the beginning, when she took the drugs. She did some drugs and decided to get behind the wheel of a 4,000lb weapon on wheels

I agree with that. Thing is, cops see in their line of duty what sometimes happens when a druggie is behind the wheel, and most on people on ATS do not (fortunately!).

A druggie? Are you insinuating that this girls life is less valuable or that she's less of a human because she does drugs, which is probably a result of the environment she was brought up in? She's a human being, not a druggie. Officer Daniel Cole is a lazy coward who instead of grabbing this girl who was 3 feet infront of him, elected to use his tazer instead. What a lazy fat coward!

I filed a complaint with the FHP, this guy is unfit to be an officer (obviously since he can't even run down a handcuffed girl whos 3 feet ahead of him), I want him to resign. If anyone else has any balls call the FHP at (850) 482-9510 and file a complaint of resignation (i think that's what it's called). It takes 5 minutes. Or.. Just complain about it on the internet.
edit on 21-2-2012 by RadioactiveRob because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by unsteadystate

I have said once and I will say it again. Its time to start killing cops. period. Maybe after one of their own falls at the hands of the citizenry they will think twice about abusing their power.

Yeah I know,.. flame away people. Just wait until its your wife or sister or 75 yr old grandmother who is assaulted and/or killed. Then tell me how you feel.
edit on 2/21/2012 by unsteadystate because: (no reason given)

Very poor but direct statement. I will be watching you. Not a very good thing to profess. Very bad buddy.

NOTE- I am sure you have brushed up on your tactical skills. If not You might consider doing so…

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by RadioactiveRob
A druggie? Are you insinuating that this girls life is less valuable or that she's less of a human because she does drugs

I'm not implying that she's less valuable. I'm implying that she has shown that she can be dangerous while driving in her intoxicated state. Don't put words in my mouth.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Looks like an accident to me. Same thing could have happened if he'd tried to wrestle her to the ground... maybe even more likely with the weight of a 200+ lb man on top of her. Seems like the rage should be directed at our nation's pavement, which is apparently too hard to fall onto safely.

Edit: Oh... I didn't notice that she was handcuffed. Maybe that does change things in terms of blame.
edit on 21-2-2012 by Tearman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

So the girl bears zero responsibility for committing the act she was arrested for, or for attempting to escape?

The action of the Officer was justified. It's just unfortunate she hit her head, but the actions that lead to it were her fault.

No, it was not justified.

No, it was not merely "unfortunate" that she hit her head.

It was certain that her head would hit the pavement and suffer a serious injury. The cop knew it. If he didn't know it, then he is incomnpetent aqnd not fit to have possession of atser or any other weapon.

When you're running and you trip or lose your balance and begin to fall, what do you do to avoid or minimize any injury that might result when you hit the ground? You use your arms to try and regain your balance and if that doesn't work, you use your hands and arms to break the fall and protect your vital parts such as your head. You do that instinctively. This girl's arms were cuffed behind her back making it impoossible for her to regain her balance or otherwise protect herself when she fell. Of course, I don't know whether a person could try and protect themselves when struck by a taser while running. The objective of tasing someone is to instantly incapacitate that person.

Tasing a handcuffed person who is running will in every case cause that person to fall. Such a fall will in almost every case result in the person's head striking the ground forcefully.

I wonder if there have been any studies or statistics on what happens and what kinds of injuries are sustained when a person who is running on a hard surface such as pavement is tased. Do tasers come with a sheet of cautions such as "DO NOT TASER A PERSON WHO IS HANDCUFFED AND RUNNING ON HARD PAVEMENT UNLESS YOU INTEND TO KILL OR PERMANENTLY PARALYZE THAT PERSON"? Just wondering.

If this cop had any training in the "safe" and the dangerous uses of the taser, then he knew or should have known the girl's head would strike the pavement and she would suffer a serious head injury.

Her family should find a good personal injury law firm and sue for the millions of dollars it will cost to take care of her for the rest of her life, and for the loss of enjoyment of life that this has caused the young woman to suffer. I hope the police department and city's liability insurance premiums are paid up to date.

Tasing someone is an act of violence which should not be undertaken lightly. Cops, police departments, and governmental bodies/agencies who use tasers improperly should be held fully accountable for the harm they cause.

edit on 2/21/2012 by dubiousone because: Clarification and spelling

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

Oh, I'm pretty much over myself.

I was just stickin' up for my race. You like to use other offensive words and phrases too?

On topic: The cop is lazy and was not following job protocol to begin with or he would not have lost control of his prisoner. He was afraid of getting in trouble, so he tased her.
edit on 21-2-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

Yes. What you are missing is that brain injuries are often progressive. You may be fully conscious and able to function normally, then a few hours later after the brain bleeds a little more and swells a lot more in an enclosed space you have a comatose or dead individual on your hands. Like that actress who died a few years ago. Bumped her head a little while skiing and was dead later that night.

Any head injury has to be medically evaluated immediately. I don't know what actions these particular LEO's followed up with, but they should have called EMS immediately after seeing her head bounce off the concrete.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Apparently a person running no longer justifies a cop to respond correctly, but justifies an any kind of reaction, even an anything I can think of reaction.

If the cop would have said, stop or I'll shoot.She would have stopped dead. Why was she arrested?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

If that is so, and she was high on drugs, both legal and illegal, then she was far more dangerous than it would be reported.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

Yeah.. but that report is bogus. First off they don't know if she was high at the time. That stuff stays in your system for days. No proof that she was high. Also.. It would take more than a painpill and coc aine to make a 100 lb 20 year old girl dangerous to anyone.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join