It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop Tazers Handcuffed Women In The Back. She Is Now Braindead.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

i personally would've chased her , and if she was just to fast i would've pulled out the taser and gave it to her , I'm sure majority of you would also
reply to post by seedofchucky

She was already handcuffed. She wasn't going far no matter how fast she went. The offending officer who caused her injury is overweight and the ONLY reason he used the tazer was because he was too lazy to give chase. If you are not fit enough to do the job, you should not be doing it. I hope her family are encouraged to sue the police force in a civil suit and at least receive enough compensation to care for the girl. Every day there is some new horror story about people who were killed or injured by incompetent, improperly trained, unfit, arrogant policemen who think they are above the law.

Ps, she was barely 4 steps from the fat man before he deployed his weapon.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

"Maudsley was arrested for her alleged involvement in two hit-and-run crashes and driving without a license."
So that's why she was running? She has a history of running from her responsibilities and from accidents and this time running from it caught up to her. Maybe she shouldn't have ran away. While I'm sure they could have caught her without resorting to the taser, the fact is she broke the law, ran from the law and the law won.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
what a fat lazy cop. if you cant make it past the front door without being out of breath then you shouldnt be wearing a badge.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by MollyStewart

and the ONLY reason he used the tazer was because he was too lazy to give chase

Well there was also the busy highway near by , where she could've caused an accident and hurt others . She was being charged with hit and run . so it wouldn't be out of character.

According to the report, Maudsley had oxycodone and coc aine in her system at the time.

Secondly the cop thought his weight wrestling her would cause more damage.

So you see its not the ONLY reason he used it . There are other reasons aswell , but when you think with emotion , its easy to see one track mind.

problem here is she got brain damage , and you think its the cops fault for doing his job. Regardless if you don't like how he did it . He was cleared. Which is just . Its sad it happened this day.

But you should show the video to your kids , and teach them not to run from the police when in custody

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Shall we talk a little bit about simple physics... and the wisdom of tazing someone whose arms are tied behind their back? While on concrete no less?

Real smart... I don't care what this lady did. They used near lethal force, based on the situational dynamics, and anyone who got honest passing grades in HS should have known how dangerous that would be.

I never heard a peep of "STOP, OR I WILL SHOOT YOU."

Watching her head bounce on the pavement is hard to watch.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
It's simple.

DON'T RUN FROM THE POLICE...DON'T FIGHT THE POLICE.

The moment you do, all bets are off, and you're lucky if you don't come out of it dead.
You take that gamble the second you make that decision.
Simple as that, really.

The guy tased her well within his authority to do so (and a handcuffed person can still be dangerous to themselves and others), and it was an unfortunate happenstance that she landed the way she did.

So let me get this straight... Don't run from the police and don't fight the police? Is every single man woman and child just supposed to lie down and submit to such a dirty establishment? I don't know what color you are or how much money you have but where I'm from the cops aren't your friends.

And usually tend to harass innocent bystanders more than "protect" I'm not saying all cops are bad as I'm sure they aren't what I am saying is many abuse the badge and shouldn't be given one to begin with. I think the police are perhaps the largest gang in the United States as many are dirty and take bribes

These individuals essentially work for MONEY they don’t want to be heroes or to work for the people, those days are long passed and I think a new type of cop is becoming more typical. The dirty type! It’s funny how a cop always wants civilians to snitch on each other but they always stick together and don’t snitch on themselves.

Even the “good” cops don’t snitch on the “bad” cops for fear of retaliation that sounds kind of like a gang to me.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

usmc0311,
Thank you for your share but..This is absolutely horrible!!! How terrible! I am a a young 20 yr old female this scares me very bad! I am scared of how excessively these bad cops have been using force on citizens lately...It is becoming debilitating. It is scary, and bad! I wont stand for it anymore..that is if they allow be to stand without knowing out my knees! This goes into my bin of 'horrid things cops have done the last year.'
My opinion is excessive force and I feel so very badly for that girl, her friends and family. Karma will find that cop.
Thank you so much for sharing this I am passing it on and making people aware.
Take away a cops badges and weapons and what is he? Fresh meat.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
...and the "if you break the law in the U.S. you deserve what you get" crowd is always a bit sickening to see show up in force on posts like this..

The "F**k the Constitution" attitude is sure popular these days... it'll only get better for you folks that thinks she deserves what she got for breaking the law. Just be sure to vote for one of the status quo Republicrats or Obama. They'll back you up 100%

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by seedofchucky
reply to post by crankyoldman

You justify , the womens actions in running because of instincts? Are you kidding me right now ?

you should learn to read more carefully and with less self righteousness. I never justified it, I explained why she did it.

you are right, it isn't Nazi germany, I didn't say it was. I sad the instinct that arises in people under stress is primarily dealt with by a uncontrollable NEED to run "fight or flight" is the common phrase used and this energy is the same in war, or common arrest, and folks react to that energy in different ways - including the police btw.

I explained that this is our instinct, and has been for far longer then cops with tasers have existed and by simply saying "obey these men in uniforms with guns and tasers because we say so" is not enough to overcome the natural instinct.

I explained that if cops and people understood this better, these kinds of incidents would be less common.

But maybe folks are right - she's a stupid b*&^%$ and deserves everything she gets for doing what she did - we're all better off for it. That does make me feel so much better.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Secondly the cop thought his weight wrestling her would cause more damage
reply to post by seedofchucky

Oh poppycock. I have never heard such bulldust! If the big fat policeman is not capable of using his body in such a manner to detain a person without crushing them to death, he is not FIT FOR DUTY!! I will say this though, I bet the girls parents would rather deal with a bruised, pummelled or even winded girl than a brain dead one.

I am aware of the alleged crimes she was possibly involved in. I guess being held accountable now is a moot point due to her very effective and rather final *brain dead* status. Sounds like the girl was possibly a drug addict and many addicts get treatment and go on to lead productive lives. None of this changes the fact that her life is now over, her quality of life gone due to an unnecessary and inappropriate action. That man is directly responsible and wearing a uniform does not absolve him.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
i try to analyze this and similarly contentious articles from a somewhat detached detached perspective, using objectivity and logic to understand for myself. almost as if i were a member of an alien species observing human behavior, i.e. a classic anthropological lens. the problem with tasering seems to be some dissonance between what it actually has the potential to do, which is to seriously injure or even kill a person (albeit, perhaps, a fraction of the time compared to all examples of taser use) and the safety profile it's commonly believed to have.

the fact is that it CAN cause grievous bodily harm, and this is an example of that fact. even if it's not the normal reaction to being tasered (what is normal, anyway?), if egregious harm is at all a possible consequence of having a taser used against a person - even if it's an atypical response - it should be considered between using a deadly weapon (gun) and the use of strong force via a baton, a fist, and not an acceptable method by which to subdue a person in this and similar circumstances. the woman was fleeing from the officer, so her actions were obviously not threatening his life or person in any way, besides pissing him off and making it more difficult for him to apprehend her. to me, it seems that using a taser is similar to using a baton to subdue a suspect... however, it's preferred by lazy cops because you don't have to be right next to a suspect to taser them.

so the problem with discussing the increasing use of tasering by police officers across the country is that a productive conversation cannot continue unless we come to some kind of consensus as to a) a risk/benefit analysis of using a taser on a non-threatening suspect, b) considering the potential probable harms of being tasered, and c) what act/acts are severe enough to warrant the risk. i don't think it's worth it in the majority of cases i've heard recently.

problem is, because of the relationship dynamics we've cultivated as a society between law officers and the public is one of dominance and submission, instead of service and support. the police do not serve to protect people from the government, or from each other, and they're supposed to be... now, they serve to protect the government from the people, to reinforce the agenda of those in power, and accomplish this using physical dominance. the police profession especially attracts individuals who enjoy exerting power over others, and while not all officers embrace their career/role in society this way, those that do keep ending up in the news for situations similar to this one. so, we shouldn't be surprised - just outraged.

and we should praise and reward the police officers that buck the system of control and dominance by embodying the role of "public servant" (although i hate the word servant, you know what i mean).

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Having reviewed the article and the video tape the following can be stated:

The facts are as follows:

There was a hit and run, to which the girl in the video was a suspect for committing that act, and did not have a drivers license. She was picked up by the officer and taken back to the substation, then proceeded to be processed for going to jail. In that time frame she took off running, the officer decided in a moment to use his taser to stop her fleeing, she was hit and fell on the ground and hit her heat hard. The hit to the concrete has caused the girl brain damage.

Those are the facts, and the question is this: If she was innocent why did she run from the substation? Was she read her rights, did she not understand that she was entitled to make a phone call and or to contact an attorney?

There are many other questions that come to mind, to include what all was this person thinking. As the girl was on her way to a jail, we can only be under the belief that she was of the age of consent, and not a child.
The officer had 2 choices, in the video, one was to taze the young woman, or the other was to tackle her and bring her down. Would it have made a difference, after all if he had tackled her from behind, she still could have hit her head on the ground and still suffered the same amount of damage, from such.

As sad of a case as this is, it is the fault of the girl for running, instead of using the law to get off, like so many. After all the laws have not changed, she does have the right to an attorney, who probably would have advised her, not to run, and to wait until court to have her say, thus remaining silent not speaking to the police.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Police should not be allowed to use force like this unless the person is an immenent danger to society or attempts to use force themselves. That is rediculas. They could have picked her up down the road. Where was she going to go where they could not find her again?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MollyStewart

Oh poppycock

haha , lol i'm gonna use that from now on

That man is directly responsible and wearing a uniform does not absolve him.

indirectly sure . but breaking the law and running doesn't absolve her either.

Think of how many people who will watch this video now , will remember what happens. So fi they are ever arrested , they will think twice about making a break for it .

yes its tragic , but you have to understand none of it would've happened if she didn't chose to run. Like she did with the hit and runs.

Running was this girls game. It finally caught up to her.

I'm sure the cop didn't think she would end up brain damaged , it was just the nature of her fall .

But don't worry , i'll have the police stations set up soft pads all over the parking lot. so if anyone else tries to run and they have to taze someone , they will have a nice comfy fall. Okay?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahabstar
Maybe I watched the wrong video, but I see an officer giving chase while firing the tazer. I see her fall, sit up and hear her ordered to lay back down.

I also see other officers walk up to them. Looks to me like she was fleeing a house (or maybe even the police station itself)? As it appears she came out of a building and there is a parking lot.

Sad if she is hurt, but I don't see a brain dead woman here. Just one that sat up and was able to receive orders to lay back down. Both of which require conscious thought and actions.

Or am I missing something here?

article says...
The video shows Maudsley fleeing a back door of the substation with Cole following closely behind.

Maudsley was arrested for her alleged involvement in two hit-and-run crashes and driving without a license.

Cole brought Maudsley to the substation to complete his paperwork before taking her to the Pinellas County Jail, according to FHP reports.

As she enters the parking lot, Cole deploys his taser and Maudsley hits the ground hard, with her head slamming into the asphalt.

"What were you thinking? What are you, stupid?," Cole can be heard asking Maudsley on the video.
"I can't get up," said Maudsley.
"I don't want you to get up," said Cole.
"I can't get up," Maudsley said again. The last words Maudsley has spoken since being tasered.

and:
In addition, Maudsley was running towards US Highway 19 which is a high volume road."

According to the report, Maudsley had oxycodone and coc aine in her system at the time.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by sdcigarpig
Having reviewed the article and the video tape the following can be stated:

Those are the facts, and the question is this: If she was innocent why did she run from the substation? Was she read her rights, did she not understand that she was entitled to make a phone call and or to contact an attorney?

A

Maybe just because she was higher then a kite..
In addition, Maudsley was running towards US Highway 19 which is a high volume road."

edit on 21-2-2012 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

So what do you think? Was this an abuse of police power?

Absolutely not. She was running and there is no way he could have caught her. The general fitness of the man was lacking. The woman was extremely dangerous to public safety having being involved in two hit-run accidents. Not even removing her license stopped her from driving. It was to big a risk to the public to let her go. She could kill someone. How would you feel if she got away and was involved in an accident and it was one of your family members killed or injured? Talk all the BS you want you would not be happy. Would you just "Let it go"?

One thing I was always told is never run from the police. This stupid woman decided to take that risk and paid the price. I seen much much worse cases of police wrongfully tazing someone.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
While imo, police should definately be in shape.. I see way too many fat, lazy cops, this girl was taken in for two hit and run incidents. If this copy had run after and tackled her, there is just a good a chance she would have fallen badly and hit her head. And then this would have been a thread about how he should have used a tazer and not tackled her with his weight atop her. It was very bad luck, but a very stupid thing for her to do in the first place.

But also, I think any police who are overweight should NOT be out there. Get in shape before you try to "protect" anyone.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
If this copy had run after and tackled her, there is just a good a chance she would have fallen badly and hit her head. And then this would have been a thread about how he should have used a tazer and not tackled her with his weight atop her.

Exactly my thoughts. And if he fell on top of her while chasing, the could have broken some ribs and puncture her lungs. Or God knows what. Or, if she kept running and tried to cross the street, she could have been hit by a car and people would still have said that's because she was handled poorly while in custody.

It's "damned if you do and damned in you don't".

I was on jury duty and from experience, drugs, cars and hit-and-runs don't mix. Anyone saying she was not really dangerous needs to think twice. Imagine she ran over your kid. She was facing a serious felony conviction.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
You do what the pigs tell you and you don't run, you don't fight, or antagonize them.

Otherwise you'll get stomped.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join