It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You're Having Dreams About Nukes, I Want To Know About It!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by xZodiacx

Asking people to share their dreams is not "fear mongering". I was surprised that I didn't get slammed by somebody earlier, but there is always at least one, and you are it, my friend.

If thought creates reality, and I am asking for what people have dreamed IN THE PAST, how in the world am I creating a negative reality? I believe that world governments are currently hard at work doing that, they need no help from us.

What are we all supposed to do, pretend like we never had these nightmares so that people like you can feel safe? When I put the thread out (and this is DREAMS AND PREDICTIONS, remember), I thought I might get a few people, but there are more than a few, there are many.

When has there ever been a thread in DREAMS AND PREDICTIONS in which a bunch of people have a singular dream of a happy land of rainbows, sunshine, toys and candy for everybody? Sorry, but you are in the wrong forum if you want to complain about bad dreams turning into reality. Bad dreams can be warnings, or they can be just that: Dreams that do not manifest. We are all hoping it is the latter, of course. But it doesn't pay to keep your head in the sand. I'd rather be prepared and not need it, than need it and not have diddly squat.

Go turn on the mainstream news and watch the real fear mongers and liars at work, doing what they do best, and stop trying to censor people from sharing their nightmares and fears. If it bothers you, I cannot help that.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

I am interested in your other dream, of course. I find it interesting that the dream was vivid enough that you could taste burning things (taste is not usually a sense used in dream time).

The dreams y'all are sharing are fascinating, strange, and frightening, of course. Kudos to all of you who have come out and shared your dreams on this thread. Not only is it interesting from the social psychology standpoint, but also interesting if you believe in ESP.

Hopefully they are all just creative nightmares and nothing more, but I cannot help but wonder at the similarity of them all. I honestly thought I was the only one, until I had that conversation a few weeks ago with the neighbors.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I have had several dreams in which the end has been nuclear war.

The most recent one was about a week ago. I had a dream that I found out Iran had fired a nuclear weapon. In the wake of this news, I proceeded to go about panicking and other things I might do if I thought the end was near. At the very end of the dream a nuclear missile landed at the base closest to my home and I woke up.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
To MaMaa, Thanks for sharing. I am not a Christian anymore, I am more of an agnostic, if you must know the truth. I haven't been to church since 1980. However, everybody who lives around us here is a church-going, bible-thumping Christian. The people we went to dinner with at the pizza joint are interested in our company because they play the stock market and my husband is a wiz with stocks, so they like to pick his brain from time to time.

In fact, I found out something interesting from a third party recently about these people and some others in this area. They are building a religious "compound" to the south of here, where they will all flee to when the SHTF. After things calm down, supposedly they will cross over into Mexico, then cruise down the west coast of that country to a Central American country, where they will take a boat to Jerusalem, and live there.

Supposedly, they look at this as God's will, that the current mosque on the Dome of The Rock in Jerusalem will be destroyed, and then the Jews and the Zionist Christians can rebuild Solomon's temple and await the Messiah. They claim this is where Jesus will reign and rule the world. If Israel has to start a nuclear war to achieve this end, so be it.

I believe this kind of thinking is nutty, personally, but to each his own. We certainly weren't invited on this bizarre pilgrimage because we're not church-goers. They aren't influencing me at all, and certainly couldn't have 10 years ago.

Your post does further my believe in the power of prophetic dreams. Some are glimpses of a happy future, and some are dire warnings.

edit on 18-2-2012 by FissionSurplus because: (no reason given)

This is a hard boat to be in for sure! I'm not Christian anymore, oddly enough my mother still doesn't know this. I'm 37 years old and aim to keep it this way! LOL I think I'd rather go ahead and die than go on to Jerusalem with those nutters. oops, did I use my outloud voice again?
I recently have started having dreams that have people who have already died and are not only in the dream, but trying to pass on messages. Yeah, talk about creepy considering I know a good portion of my dreams have come true over the years. I am in Colorado and there is an area up near CSU campus in Fort Collins that I avoid now because of dreams that I have had about a horrible car accident that kills 6 people. Then I had a dream about this accident again and the person with me was a friend of mine who died of cancer last year. I have always hated this area, but for no real reason as there is nothing wrong with it on it's own. Not a dangerous intersection or anything. Then to have this dream again the other night and have so much detail in it with strong messages from my friend. Yup.. creep-o-meter going off! LOL

I guess the way I figure it is even if I could find somewhere to hide out and avoid death, would it be a world worth living in? Would I lose my children, my family and friends? Would it be better to just meet my maker from the beginning and save myself the hell of probably dying slowly from the after effects of nuclear war? Also for what it is worth, even though neither one of us are Christian I think there is probably a certain amount of the activity in our dreams that have been tainted by what we were once taught. It never goes away, some of those biases and information is still there influencing even our subconscious thought.
edit on 18-2-2012 by MaMaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ValentineWiggin

You raise an interesting point, Valentine. What would people do if they found out that a nuke was launched towards their country and they had only minutes? I have thought of this myself....what to do? Gather up the precious family photos and mementos of my children? Throw a bunch of canned food into a pillow case? Try to round up my 9 cats and throw them into the tornado shelter? Curl up in a ball, shaking and cursing? Run around in circles freaking out?

This thread has made me think that, even though I have a bunch of supplies, they are not where they are supposed to be. My youngest daughter lives 100 miles away from here. She knows to get in her car and start driving this way if something happens, but it takes her over an hour to make it here. What if she can't, and she's stuck on the road somewhere? Do I exit the shelter and take my chances because I wouldn't want to be without her?

If such a disaster were to occur, very few of us are truly prepared. How can you ever be, for something so awful? I HOPE with all my heart that these are just nightmares and nothing more.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

Preparing for a nuclear war is pointless mate. We will all be burned to ash in the event a nuclear warhead of todays technology hits our continent...Unless your digging right now...

And how are you not affecting the present/future? you are posting threads about a bunch of people dreaming about nuclear war when you are surely scaring some people who may be reading this. It scares me to think that these people are all dreaming these things because dreams are in a sense a reality somewhere and may become our realities. When I sit here and think oh this may become our reality, then those thoughts may actually manifest into reality.

I'm not trying to hate on your thread or anything I am just sick of these beliefs that the world is going to end and bad things are going to happen because eventually they will unless someone of a higher power intervenes...
edit on 18-2-2012 by xZodiacx because: typo

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by xZodiacx

I get what you're saying, and I don't want to fight with you (I'd rather be friendly with EVERYBODY), but spreading fear was not the intent of this thread. I wanted to find out if lots of people were actually dreaming of these things or if it was just a few of us "kooks". Apparently it is a common theme among many people's nightmares. Who is to say if it is prophetic or just a way for the subconscious to release all the pent-up anxiety?

Fear is everywhere right now, it is pervasive, prevalent, and hard to get away from. Everybody is hearing the sabre-rattling and war drums beating, even teenagers and younger children. Our congress is talking tough, every day there is some spokesperson from Israel threatening severe action, and prophesiers are coming out of the woodwork.

I find that talking about these things and being open about my fears tends to put them in perspective. I grew up during the height of the Cold War where every week we had to practice our "duck and cover" moves under our desks (curl up and kiss our little butts good-bye), and people were building shelters in their basements. Thank God nothing came of it and people calmed down and forgot, and went about the business of life.

I would like nothing better than for the world to calm down, take a deep breath, and think long and hard about what so many war-hawks are wishing for, but I also know that things could get mighty ugly in a big hurry.

Again, I would rather be prepared. I do believe that nuclear war is survivable, although the casualties will be heavy. I may not want to survive once I see the aftermath, but it is human nature to fight against disaster. I cannot shake the feeling that something bad is coming. Perhaps I have been brainwashed. If this is so, time will prove me wrong and nobody would be more pleased that I to admit it.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by MaMaa

You may be right, MaMaa, because I can think of many Sundays where I sat on those hard, uncomfortable pews, hearing about the End of Days and the Tribulation, where the wicked get what's coming to them and the good float up to Heaven to party with God and Jesus Christ.

My mother does know that I don't go to church, but she doesn't know that I am, by the strictest definition, an agnostic....meaning I just DON'T KNOW. What moms don't know won't hurt them, right?

My mom does know about my weird dreams. She said she's getting old, and if it is her time, then she accepts it and doesn't let it worry her. Her faith gives her confidence, something I wish I had but just cannot muster up in the face of what is going on in the world today.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
reply to post by MaMaa

You may be right, MaMaa, because I can think of many Sundays where I sat on those hard, uncomfortable pews, hearing about the End of Days and the Tribulation, where the wicked get what's coming to them and the good float up to Heaven to party with God and Jesus Christ.

My mother does know that I don't go to church, but she doesn't know that I am, by the strictest definition, an agnostic....meaning I just DON'T KNOW. What moms don't know won't hurt them, right?

My mom does know about my weird dreams. She said she's getting old, and if it is her time, then she accepts it and doesn't let it worry her. Her faith gives her confidence, something I wish I had but just cannot muster up in the face of what is going on in the world today.

yeah, sounds about like me! LOL I tried to have faith, I really did. But in the end there is just so much BS in that man written bible that I couldn't stomach it any longer. Oh the dreams I have had this year.. I could fill my own forum with them! I try to remember to write them down, but all too often I get busy and forget. Then by the time I have the time to write them down I have forgotten parts of the dream. I have this dream that after some sort of major change on earth I am in what used to be a mountain area, but to one side is the ocean where it didn't used to be. I figured that my bias of living in the Rocky Mountains tainted that dream a bit though. LOL

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Sheesh. Normally I wouldn't have a clue what to say about such synchronicity but I recently read a post on here about someone who was told in a dream that entities, whose job it is, go back in time to change certain important events and that she was now to help them. Soon after that dream she begun noticing subtle but unexplainable differences in her surroundings as though we were all suddenly living on a different timeline.
When I read your post here with all the comments that follow the first thing that comes to mind is a traumatic memory of an apocalypse that was somehow averted.
I don't think we need to worry about nukes right now though. Nuclear plants...that's a different story, but nuclear missiles I'm thinking we're safe from for the time being.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by awakendhybrid

That is actually a fascinating and hopeful hypothesis. Perhaps we're being shown the most negative outcome of our collective behavior towards each other in this world, so that we can avoid it. Now if we can just get our elected officials and the elites to have these same frightening dreams, maybe all this madness will stop!

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I used to have dreams similar to that.
After the 7/7 bombings I started to have weird illusions and dreams.
They constantly threatened me in such way that I was worried to be on public transport
Once I had such a overtake that I literally decided to leave a bus that was taking me directly to my house and it was not the most important route in the city.
So Maybe It is a sign that something bad will happen.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Hey there, Glad to know i'm not the only one wondering about this.
A few months back I had a nuke dream. I live in Canutillo Texas (west side of El Paso, Texas) near New Mexico. Im close to the I-10, in this dream we (my family and I and some neighbors) are all walking toward the I-10 and I look west (I-10 runs west to east) and there is a mushroom cloud. I look east and the same thing. So i'm thinking in my dream that the west and east coast go it. I don't know why but in the dream I wasn't to worried but in my waking hours it terrifies me.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I have had that nuke dream about 3 years ago, followed by my husband.

It was to the west of us (sunset area) and I was on the second floor of our house. I saw the mushroom cloud and I started to laugh. Then I woke up.

My husband saw exactly the same thing in a dream and he said he must phone me, as I would know what to do. He wasn't worried either.
And my hubby never remembers his dreams-too low Vitamin B complex.

And on a dream forum I helped a dreamer with her nuke dream, so there has been many other nuke dreams on the Web.

Awakenedhybrid was talking about my recent thread;
www.abovetopsecret.com...

As time isn't linear, people would have been dreaming about this event for years, even decades, before and they will after.

I have been looking for more confirmation for my dream/event. Thank you for posting this thread.

(My family and I have had another 'we are in an alternative timeline' event.
We were watching the film called The Goonies. And we remember the opening scene as the gang were biking to the house of the asthmatic boy. Now the opening scene is a car chase involving the Goonies and the criminals, after they have escaped from prison.)
Oh and some screws went missing from a plastic container, that I know was half full only a day ago. I am the one who does the DIY and no one else.

Personally I think that Damacus is going to stop existing in one day but that is about it. This will usher in a time of 'Peace' and everyone will breath a sigh of relief and carry on as normal. But behind the scenes, War is being planned.

Oh yeah I know Jesus personally but I don't go to Church, cos they don't preach about Him there. I know He is looking after the Earth and us, and I know TPTB will not get to try again.

So don't fret, keep posting the nuke dreams, as God has it all under control.

Peace.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

I call these my "practice dreams " . I deal with the emotions after the dreams so when it happens in real life i'm more able to focus on getting through the situation.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I had a dream when I was maybe 4 , where I was in an apartment buildin with family. We then heard commotion and peered out the window to see bulidings,upon building collapse; until eventually reached ours. That point I awoke and AWARE.

Now that I think of it, it would almost count as a sort of nuclear event! Also had a dream I blew up the moon with my mind, which was pretty cool lol

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I have been having dreams of a big up and coming pillow fight. Lots of feathers....old school not this junk they put intp pillows now days.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
First I’d like to say this is probably a stupid waste of my time as I hate typing and suffer from dyslexia and temporal lobe epilepsy. However I made a promise, and I try to keep my promises. For the majority of my life I believed in science and practicality.

Human perception of time was linear it was impossible to see the future. I will try to be as thorough as possible with my account. The first dream I had was simple I saw the numbers 126 in my dream. Something told me to remember those numbers while I was sleeping. Thought it was odd but meaningless, later the day after. I saw those exact numbers on the news they had been pulled for the Memphis pick 3 lottery. At first I thought shame I didn’t play, but then I thought perhaps something or someone wants me to pay attention.

My family lives in New Orleans four aunts, three uncles, even more on my Dads side of the family. Two months before Katrina I dreamt of my home city of New Orleans, the dream was the most vivid I’d ever had up to that point. I saw only the aftermath destroyed houses white grass that had been smothered of carbon dioxide, by standing water. Remembering those numbers I saw to months earlier, I took a leap of faith and warned my family. They left. The dream was detailed so detailed but what happen next was worst.

I will be as precise and detailed as I can. The dream started with me sleeping It was dark there was no power in the building. All of a sudden I heard air raid sirens. I ran through out the building down this narrow hallway I went to every door I passed a yelled out for everyone to get up. I was trying to get everyone to the second floor of the building. I got to the final room went in and I saw a man and his face was burned severely. Then I saw someone in the shadows it looked to be my mother. But then my attention was focused on the second story window. I looked outside and I saw a cityscape at night the buildings were about two to five stories high they were white and had flat tops they sprawled out into the distance. I remember thinking this is the Middle East. Off in the distance I saw an explosion the light from it blinded me. Then I could see again I was looking down at the city high from up above. The buildings were turning into dust. Back in my body I couldn’t see and what I heard first is the noise. It was a loud guttural rumbling sound like a tornado or earthquake. The ground shook and I remember thinking I’m to faraway this explosion shouldn’t reach me. But I was wrong and I felt my self lifted up by a hot burning wind. The heat was intense I could fell my self being ripped apart. The thing I noted the most was being picked up by the blast and hitting the ground, but afterwards bringing pulled toward the explosion as the wind tried to fill the vacuum left by the heated expanding air. The last thing that happened was I was rolling over on the ground in pain, on fire, blind and def, as my eardrums had collapsed. I burned, I felt myself dieing I was rolling around on the floor. Then I felt myself rising out of my body all I could see was darkness. Then I saw this light. I saw images of my life passing before my eyes all I could think was I wished I was still alive and that I should have left the city before the bomb hit because me and my family decided to stay. Then I felt this feeling of incredible peace and I saw this light. I was angry that I died I felt like what gave someone the right to wipe out a city killing all of the good with the bad. I promised my self and that light at that moment that I would try to stop this from happening. Then I woke up and my heart was still racing.

I hate that I have to write this because it makes me look like a fear mongering fool. I had this dream seven years ago and it still sticks with me. My theory on the meaning of this dream is that it was my emotional response to hurricane Katrina and the loss of my home and the worry I had about my family. Or perhaps a manifestation of my as yet undiagnosed temporal lobe epilepsy.

However I still can’t explain why I was in the Middle East. I offer this advice to any readers who are from the Middle East. If your country is threatened with war and bombing by any other country don’t stay in the city walk out if you have to. The way I died in that dream under collapsed burning rubble is no way to die.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
never dreamt about nukes but I do recall a very vivid dream from a few years back of the end of the world. almost felt real ill never forget it.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

I never dreamt this but because of my OCD/ADD, I randomly space out for up to 10 minutes at a time in thought. My boyfriend and I had been talking about doomsday and how to sees our town (in Michigan) being hit by a bomb. I then spaced out to a scene where I was on a dirt road at the edge of my town, running. I stopped and looked back just in time to see the bomb hitting my town. I had on my helmet and protective clothing and a bag fill of supplies. Very often I space out in thought about my friends and I surviving doomsday. These visions aren't just my imagination. They're too vivid. It's scary what my mind sees, but it sees it.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join