It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You're Having Dreams About Nukes, I Want To Know About It!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

Thanks for sharing. These types of dreams that people have been posting about, including mine, are incredibly vivid, detailed, and scary as hell.

It appears that Russian and China are fully preparing their population, while we out here see our tax dollars being used to build huge underground bunkers only for elected officials and the rich elite, well out in the boonies where most of the population will be unable to get to safety in time.

I recently purchased a book by Cresson H. Kearny (first published in 1979) called "Nuclear War Survival Skills" because I feel strongly enough that we are going in this terrible direction that I want to prepare. I haven't gotten very far into this book, but it does say that our first warnings will be from Submarine-launched nukes, which are smaller in nature and will explode in the sky and not on the ground. The book states that, if you see a flash, turn away, because even a flash from 100 miles away could burn your retinas. It says to go to a windowless room in your house, like a basement or hallway, and wait approximately 2 minutes. From that point, you have about 15 minutes until the ICBMs show up and do the real damage, so if you have an outside shelter (like we have a tornado shelter outside), get out there after the two minutes are up and hunker down.

The book says that the submarine launched nukes are a first strike and will take out places like air force bases which house the long-range bombers (such as Dyess AFB in Abilene in my OP), and any airports which have long-enough runways for bombers to take off from. The secondary, and most deadly attacks will come later from the ICBMs which will be aimed at large population centers.

I cannot believe that, in this day and age, I have to be freaking out over a nuclear attack, but the writing is on the wall, and our dreams are warning us, as if the impending doom were so awful that we are all tapping into it in our dream time. I believe that all those shows about the Mayan calendar and end-of-days scenarios are psychologically prepping us for something man-made, which is being set into motion by people who will not have to suffer for their choices....but we will.

I hope I'm wrong, but everything in the news is showing us that we are being shoved down this road whether we like it or not. America is vulnerable as hell and the other nuclear powers know it.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

Funny you also mention long range bombers and long airfields. I happen to live right near one Niagara Falls Air Reserve base. Now a refueling wing but none the less. See my link in my sig, pictures taken from the airshow last year.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Yikes!! If you think about it, all Air Force bases would be the first to be hit. Other military bases aren't as important, because helicopters, tanks, artillery and personnel have to be airlifted to foreign locations, and the Air Force is the branch that does it. My daughter is Air Force Reserve and her husband flies Blackhawk helicopters for the Army. They are fixing to transfer to Ft. Drum, NY. Her reserve stint ends in August, and I encouraged her not to rejoin.

It never hurts to get prepared, and now would be better than later. Even an earthen dugout in a backyard would be better than nothing (at least according to the book I bought). It showed pictures of earthen dugouts from Hiroshima and Nagasaki, which were still in good shape even as the landscape above them was completely wiped clean.

Again, I pray that I am just being paranoid, but when you see spokesmen for Israel on the mainstream news stating that they will not allow a nuclear Iran, and if the US doesn't strike them down, Israel will.....Well, it doesn't look good. We're going to be dragged into starting World War 3. As Albert Einstein once said, WW3 will be nuclear, WW4 will be fought with sticks and stones.
edit on 18-2-2012 by FissionSurplus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by orionthehunter

Yes, our government fully expects for most Americans to die. They subscribe to the "Mutually Assured Destruction" (or MAD, how apropos is that??) scenario, in which it is pointless to prepare because all the serfs are going to die anyway, either right away or a few weeks later from burns and radiation poisoning.

However, Russia and China subscribe to the idea that nuclear war is survivable, and are preparing their population for such an event. Even countries like Switzerland have spent a great deal of money in underground bunkers and supplies for their citizens.

Thanks a lot, US government.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

True. And also to mention Ft. Drum is around where that plant is in my dream. If it had anything to do with that plant. Just trying to connect dots is all. Here is a link I stumbled on recently as I have never myself really researched anything much to do with nuclear and new york state. Might have a read or browse through as it tells some pretty neat facts that I was unaware of.
yorkstaters.blogspot.com...

On Lake Ontario there are currently sixteen nuclear power plants. Of those sixteen, twelve of them are located on Canada’s side of the border, leaving the remaining four on the United State’s side. Lake Ontario is also home to an uranium refining plant, two low level radioactive waste disposal sites located along the shoreline, and it also sits down stream from the high level rad waste site of West Valley located in Western NY. These nuclear plants and components make Lake Ontario one of the largest nuclear zones in the in the entire world.

Scary stuff!!!

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

I had a dream about getting bombed by a nuke. I don't remember much, I woke up when I saw the blast. I don't even know where I was in my dream. If I was in my home state or not?? Weird!

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Holy Cheez Whiz! I didn't realize that. I won't tell my daughter about being surrounded by nuclear facilities, since they are going to be transferred no matter what and she cannot do anything about it.

But a nuke going off above these facilities, causing a huge EMP which would fry all electronics, could easily disable a nuclear plant and cause it to have a meltdown. The scenario just gets prettier and prettier, doesn't it? Imagine all those plants disabled at once.....

I would like to believe that world governments will not allow things to get so far out of control, but then I think of the Georgia Guidestones and it's admonition of 500 million people ONLY on the planet, in "perfect harmony"...realizing that there are around 8 billion of us currently, so that's a lot of people that have to be done away with.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
You want to know.

A week ago I had a very strange dream. The dream seemed to be in three parts. Make of it what you will.

Part 1.
Its started off I was in a park, but the park was surrounded by buildings. Tall building at least 30/40 stories high. Whilst in the park enjoying the sunshine I noticed a roaring sound and people were looking up into the sky. I turned, but as I turned I noticed going past in the distance to my left an aircraft heading straight for a building. I watched it hit the building and explode. I couldn't help but think, not again. People where rushing towards the building for a closer look, to help and so on. But I had a very bad feeling and something told me to get as far away from the city as possible.

Part 2.
Next I am in my car with my partner, I have a sense of urgency to get far away into the country side as possible. We are driving and to my surprise looking at people on the road driving towards the city and people going about their daily lives unaware something terrible was coming. My partner kept questioning me if I knew what I was doing. She was scared about her work and we couldn't afford to lose our jobs. The whole time it was like my gut feeling was being tested and I began to wonder if I should turn around and head home.
We see a turn off and the name of a mountain (I can't remember its name exactly) it was called something like stars, or celestial or something to do with the sky. And I said we'll drive in here and walk to the top of the mountain. We get to a place on the mountain with a lookout. Its wonderful. The view is magnificent, a crystal clear sunny day and I can see for miles and miles.
As we are looking at the view I start to feel relaxed. I start to feel everything is okay, and I was probably overreacting and being paranoid. I tell my partner I'm sorry for dragging her all this way and she smiles and says we'll just see it as a weekend away. She then turns from me towards the lookout to see the view and comments how beautiful it is. As I am standing behind her, watching her enjoy the view I see in the distance a nuclear explosion.
Its very far away, but the distinctive mushroom cloud can clearly be seen. We both stand there in complete silence looking at it.

Part 3.
Next I am in some building, in a different city. It is total mayhem outside. We are in a stairwell and I chain locked and barricaded the door. I tell my partner we need to got to the top floor as quickly as possible. We make our way up the stairs, its dark, their is no power. Outside its day time, I can see through the windows of this building, but its so dark. Like when a thunderstorm is overhead and everything has that dark orange type of glow about it. Downstairs outside I can hear madness. Screaming, sirens and the sound of people in panic. Lots of people, thousands of voices.
We make our way to the top floor and can see the city. Its in darkness. There are no lights anywhere. People seem to be heading in all directions, running this way and that. No one is hurting anyone else, I cannot see any violence, but I can see people trying to get inside the buildings. Some of the buildings, the really tall ones I see so many people trying to get in that they've blocked themselves from getting in. It sounds terrifying with people screaming and an urgency to seek shelter.
Then my partner screams "look!" and I can faintly see something in the distance coming towards the city. I am trying to focus to make out what it is. My partner is asking what is it, and I am silent trying to understand what I am looking at. It is like the clouds are being stretched. Flattened out and sent to the ground. Almost like they are being dramatically turned into a mist of some sort. As I'm watching the clouds change in a way I've never seen before I notice that when the clouds reach the buildings, the buildings begin to get covered in frost.
I can see everything the clouds/mist touch become frozen. Then like a thunderous roar it gets close enough I can hear it. The wind is like a cyclone and the building begins to shake. I can hear windows exploding in the lower floors of the building and the temperature suddenly drops in the room we are standing in. The windows stay intact, but they instantly become covered in frost. We make our way to a small broom closet and huddle in there with the door closed, as we sit there in silence I notice I can't hear the cities mayhem anymore. Just a howling wind, and its getting colder by the second.

I wake up, and its been on my mind ever since.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Stagea

Wow. Just, wow....what a wild dream. Yes, I do want to know, because I have a feeling that we are being warned in advance, and I believe that we are all one spiritually, and are only separated as individuals by our physical bodies. Once we enter the dream time, we are all able to tap into important information, which hasn't happened yet but will change our lives dramatically. Time is not linear in dream time like it is in our physical realm.

My father was a war refugee in Europe. He said when he was 7 years old (that would be in 1939) he had a dream that he was part of a long line of people in a mass exodus, carrying whatever possessions they could, and the line stretched as far as he could see. A few months later, it actually happened.

I often pondered why have dreams about such awful things if they are going to happen anyway. There can be no other purpose other than to give us fair warning if we choose to accept it.

Very trippy. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I've had a recurring dream now for over 20 years now.

I'm walking past an aircraft factory (Raytheon) near my house and in the middle distance I see a nuclear mushroom cloud and I start to burn, I can feel it, itense and I can see my skin peeling off me as I scream in agony, then I jump to third person and see my chard body burn away.

It's the same every time, has been for over 20 years as I say, nothing ever changes in it.

Yep, I love that dream lol

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I've been having alot dreams about living in a burnt up dry wasteland. Like those in the Fallout video game. For those who don't know it's a game about survivors of a nuclear world war.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Mister_Bit

Whoa, a recurring dream for 20 years?? That has to be some kind of record. After all this time, has it lost its shock value, or does it still have the same effect on you each and every time?

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by LongbottomLeaf

Are you just wandering around in the dream, noticing the landscape, or are you physically doing something like building a shelter, collecting firewood, or searching for food and water?

I'm too old to play those new video games. How do you get points in it? Do you shoot zombies or marauding bands of thieves who try to steal your supplies? Is it a battle-type game or one of actually surviving against the wilderness?

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I have been having some very crazy dreams myself, but to be honest I think there is something deeper here. I mean no offense by this, it is just an observation. It seems to me that a lot of Christians seem to have dreams like this from time to time and when you get around other like minded folks it tends to get blown out of proportion. You see people who think the same as you, have the same dreams as you, ect.. Growing up a Christian I know that I was taught about end times so this is something in our subconscious. I think what happens is we incorporate things that are happening in the rest of the world, in the news, from the people around us and mix it with our religious beliefs. Given your core belief of being a Christian, mix it with the news, other conservative Christians around you, the fact that you come to a conspiracy site (that alone says something about the types of dreams we have I think) and events currently going on in the world then it only makes sense that your subconscious would create such a dream. I know that my dreams change when I am on ATS too often as crazy as that sounds.

Now don't get me wrong, I completely believe in prophetic dreams. My Grandpa used to have dreams that came true all the time. Since I was little I have had dreams that come true as well. Example, when I was in 4th grade I told my mom all about this dream I had. It was a little blond boy about 2 years old and that I knew he was my son. I wrote it in my journal and talked to my mom about it for a long time. I drew a picture for her to show her what I saw and she said "oh that looks like your uncle Larry & Aunt Deanna's house". Fast forward 30 something years and I'm in my front room, glance over to the dining room to see my 2 year old climbing up into a chair at the table. Instantly I flashed back to that dream I had in 4th grade, it was my son. Exact details, the room, the table, the chairs, the little boy, everything was identical! I called my mom and told her all about it and she told me she remembered me telling her all about dream. She was out of state, but was planning on coming up to visit. Two weeks later when mom arrived we pulled up to the house, actually a duplex, but she sat there stunned and said "This used to be your uncle Larry & Aunt Deanna's house!!" I always thought that place seemed a bit familiar, but didn't know why. I had been there when I was just a year old, right before we moved out of state because dad joined the navy.

Recently I had a dream that a nuke went off, but it seemed further north of me like up in Wyoming or Montana maybe. I am in Colorado, but I remember it seemed to come from north of us. Everyone along the front range died in that dream, but the odd thing was standing around afterwards and most people didn't realize they were dead. What I remember most about it is the wind or well, I suppose it wasn't wind actually. It was the force of the blast probably, I can't think of what they call that off hand. But it just wiped everything out so fast, just in an instant it was over so people didn't even have time to know what was going on.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
When I remember my dreams (overall not very often) they are all over the place and pretty wild. I find it difficult to explain my dreams because some things I do forget, and some things are too wild to properly explain. I usually dream about people I know (dead and alive), but have plenty of interactions with people in my dreams who I don't know at all. Places in my dreams tend to be known to me, but look quite different than they do in real life. However, just last night I dreamed of a place that doesn't exist as far as I know.

Anyway, the only reason I'm responding to this thread is because I had a dream a few months back. I don't even know if it counts as nuclear, because I didn't think it was nuclear at the time.

The building I was in was supposed to be the school where I used to work (but was very different). My current co-workers were the same, and many of my current students were also in the dream. I was quite concerned that some event that was occurring wasn't being televised. I had anxiety about it. In fact, my computer and T.V. weren't working. The kids thought it was funny, and then someone looked out the window and said, "Oh, my God!"

From a distance we could see the sky lighting up and fire coming down. It seemed far off, and I recall thinking that it wasn't necessarily going to affect us from where we were. However, I advised the kids to get away from the window and get under their desks (the standard duck and cover drill that wouldn't do any good in a real emergency). I was upset but not surprised, as I recall having the thought that it had only been a matter of time.

The dream then diverged from there into getting lost in this massive building on the way to the cafeteria, where I wasn't allowed to eat the food for some reason, and finding students who should have been in classes lost all over the place. I told a random adult that you couldn't give students detention for being late to class when the building was impossible to navigate.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
In the past I have had many dreams about nuclear warfare. I always survive the blasts..

The worst ones however are about natural disasters..

A poster mentioned about a voice waking them up out of their sleep.. This has happened to me on quite a few occasions to rather prophetic things that have happened to me and to others.

The most vivid dream however was from about 7 years ago, one that I remember every detail.

I was walking down a street in a suburban setting with kids out playing etc. That voice says "And the sun shall be darkened", the sky went dark and i could see the moon. The voice said "and the moon shall not give its light", then the moon went dark..... Later I realised that it takes 8 minutes for light from the sun to reach earth which explained the lag.... Then the voice said "and the sign of the Son of Man shall be seen".. In the sky in space was a wierd and unexplainable celestial "sign" .. It was beautiful, i dont know how to describe it...
Then the voice said, "i am coming, but there are things you must do".. Immediatly I was on the top floor of a tower block on the balcony of the appartment i grew up in. Down below was millions of people with their arms in the air.. It was the people of God gathered together but it was not a rapture..
Immediatly I was in a hospital handing out pills to people. I asked what the pills were and the voice said "the pills are the Word of God that heals their sicknesess".. I did the same in a prison.. Then I was at a train station where the voice told me to get on a train.. A person was pointed out to me and I was told to get them off the train.. I put my arm around them and we kind of phased through the train like ghosts.. The voice told me "the train is the fast track to hell. We must board it to get people off it"..
Then I was back at the tower block.. I looked down and could see that most of the "people of God" had been slaughtered.. Their blood was knee deep and it was everywhere.. I also had a sense of an enemy on the horizon coming for some more.. The voice then told me to "make a defense".. I gathered survivors and put them in defensive positions etc.. One guy would not do ad he was told and was cagey.. The voice said "wolves in sheeps clothing will join you" and then ai woke up...

Never will forget that dream.. Lol

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
To MaMaa, Thanks for sharing. I am not a Christian anymore, I am more of an agnostic, if you must know the truth. I haven't been to church since 1980. However, everybody who lives around us here is a church-going, bible-thumping Christian. The people we went to dinner with at the pizza joint are interested in our company because they play the stock market and my husband is a wiz with stocks, so they like to pick his brain from time to time.

In fact, I found out something interesting from a third party recently about these people and some others in this area. They are building a religious "compound" to the south of here, where they will all flee to when the SHTF. After things calm down, supposedly they will cross over into Mexico, then cruise down the west coast of that country to a Central American country, where they will take a boat to Jerusalem, and live there.

Supposedly, they look at this as God's will, that the current mosque on the Dome of The Rock in Jerusalem will be destroyed, and then the Jews and the Zionist Christians can rebuild Solomon's temple and await the Messiah. They claim this is where Jesus will reign and rule the world. If Israel has to start a nuclear war to achieve this end, so be it.

I believe this kind of thinking is nutty, personally, but to each his own. We certainly weren't invited on this bizarre pilgrimage because we're not church-goers. They aren't influencing me at all, and certainly couldn't have 10 years ago.

Your post does further my believe in the power of prophetic dreams. Some are glimpses of a happy future, and some are dire warnings.

edit on 18-2-2012 by FissionSurplus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
reply to post by Mister_Bit

Whoa, a recurring dream for 20 years?? That has to be some kind of record. After all this time, has it lost its shock value, or does it still have the same effect on you each and every time?
It still has it's power, it's still fightening, like others have explained, I feel sick inside from the fear as I'm dreaming it and the pain still feels as real.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Wow I woke up a few hours ago and immediately searched dream meanings becasue I just had an insane dream about being nuked. I couldn't find much apart from it means big changes in your life, an old part of you is fading bla bla. Then I randomly look on ATS and the first thread I see is this
. So I made an account right then.

So this is the dream. I am on some sort of field/desert (the scenery is not familiar because I live in the uk) strangely there seemed to be big housing complexes scattered around. I am with someone and a bomb goes off and blows a building up. The bomb is huge I thought oh thats a nuke and the outward ripple effect that spreads across the ground went for miles and miles until it almost reached me but sum how I didn't get burned. I then say damn that was close....BOOM a real nuked goes off and I see the ripple effect coming to me fast, suddenly my view turns to Arial I am above my body looking down, I switch back and forth randomly. The anticipation of the impact was unreal, scared the crap out of me waiting an waiting, then it hits us I remember thinking wow it feels like a water wave hitting you I was standing for a few seconds on impact (the whole terminator scene) then I notice I am dreaming and wake up.

The emotions I had were how painful is this going to be, am I going to be bone instantly, will I feel the extreme heat hit my lungs....will I be alive for a minute inside that explosion. There is nowhere to run, so do I just watch it coming, I wonder what the guy next to me is thinking...I wonder if we planned to experience this disaster together. I don't know why I thought that.

edit on 18-2-2012 by NotSmilingAtYou because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by LeSigh

Your dream sounds quite nuclear to me. The fire seen from the window. The fact that televisions, computers and other electronics weren't working (expected to happen from the EMP of a nuclear blast), and the fact that the food couldn't be eaten in the cafeteria. Confusion and disarray.

Thanks for sharing this.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join