It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Santorum’s Backer On Birth Control

page: 6
4
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe
 


Apparently you do not, because you keep saying life begins at conception and arguing that it doesn't begin at implantation failing to realize that they are one in the same.

Implantation is part of conception.
So saying that life starts at conception but NOT at implantation his ignorant.

Conception the start = fertilization and implantation. Science agrees.




posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe
 


So I have answered your question as much as I can. If you can't get the idea through that conception and implantation are the same thing then there is nothing else I can do to help.

That said, I would like you to answer my question. Ignore all that is above and just answer me this. If birth control denies fertilization (or in your words conception), if no conception takes place, and therefore no abortion takes place, how can you consider it wrong or bad?



posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Scary religious people like Colbe are what I think is absolutely wrong with this country. They come up with a made up obstacle based on their religion from a book that constantly contradicts itself and then use that as a means to block anything they don't like or don't think is natural. Then if science advances to a step before what they said was the problem (i.e. life begins at conception, conception is fertilization and implantation - birth control blocks fertilization - day after pill denies implantation) they change the definition for themselves so they can complain again.

When science determines how to block any chance of pregnancy at all, christians will say "conception is the second the sperm touches vaginal fluid, or an egg senses the presence of sperm - or better yet orgasm = conception.

I am gonna bounce from this thread because I am tired of explaining to the religious that conception actually has a meaning it's not just a word that sounds holy and mysterious. There is a definition and implantation is part of it. Colbe everytime I have said life begins at implantation (which is pretty damn generous considering I am pro choice) you have come back with life begins at conception. Type in your dictionary conception. Implantation is a part of it no matter how much religious people want to fight it.



posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow
 

I agree GVM, and that is why I kind of let this thread run unattended, because I feel I already state my position and when it comes to the 'when does life begin' issue, we could all argue all day with our religious brethren. I did not intend for this thread to spiral off in that direction, but I understand people's conviction too.

What I got from this story was how detached some politicians, that are heavily religious, are with their moral expectations, and antiquated perspectives. Sure people should be more responsible, but what about the reality of human nature and our strongest drives? It is just crazy, imo, to expect everyone to behave according to dogmatic principles, and try to intertwine their expectation into politics.

Thanks for your contributions here,
spec



posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by colbe
 


Apparently you do not, because you keep saying life begins at conception and arguing that it doesn't begin at implantation failing to realize that they are one in the same.

Implantation is part of conception.
So saying that life starts at conception but NOT at implantation his ignorant.

Conception the start = fertilization and implantation. Science agrees.


Your one sentence (PO) is false. Human life begins at the fusion of the
egg and the sperm not at implantation. The Church has taught this for
2000 years and Science agrees.

The "implantation" excuse is used to justify contraception and abortion.



posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
Scary religious people like Colbe are what I think is absolutely wrong with this country. They come up with a made up obstacle based on their religion from a book that constantly contradicts itself and then use that as a means to block anything they don't like or don't think is natural. Then if science advances to a step before what they said was the problem (i.e. life begins at conception, conception is fertilization and implantation - birth control blocks fertilization - day after pill denies implantation) they change the definition for themselves so they can complain again.

When science determines how to block any chance of pregnancy at all, christians will say "conception is the second the sperm touches vaginal fluid, or an egg senses the presence of sperm - or better yet orgasm = conception.

I am gonna bounce from this thread because I am tired of explaining to the religious that conception actually has a meaning it's not just a word that sounds holy and mysterious. There is a definition and implantation is part of it. Colbe everytime I have said life begins at implantation (which is pretty damn generous considering I am pro choice) you have come back with life begins at conception. Type in your dictionary conception. Implantation is a part of it no matter how much religious people want to fight it.


Life doesn't begin at "implantation", it begins at "conception" when the
egg and sperm meet. Your insults do not help you, they go against
you. You say "I am pro-choice"....the reason you keep disagreeing.

If a woman and a man want to kill a new life God has given them, it's
their "pro-choice." No it's not, abortion is murder in God's eyes and most
people.

Pro-aborts are here, their mother's accepted God's gift of a child.



posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by colbe
Life doesn't begin at "implantation", it begins at "conception" when the
egg and sperm meet. Your insults do not help you, they go against
you. You say "I am pro-choice"....the reason you keep disagreeing.

If a woman and a man want to kill a new life God has given them, it's
their "pro-choice." No it's not, abortion is murder in God's eyes and most
people.

Pro-aborts are here, their mother's accepted God's gift of a child.


Here is a concept for you.
Take some sperm and an egg and put them together...oh say...on your kitchen counter.
If anything turns into a baby then you have something.
Until then what you have is a huge ignorant hole where you keep pretending you do not get that implantation is part of conception. You aint getting one without the other.

It is ok. I would not expect you to know how eggs, women, or bodies work.
The one thing that ALWAYS stays consistent with you right wing personal rights invaders is that they always appear to have only heard of girls on the internet.

Another swipe at my womb before they pack up and run off into the woods with their underage boyfriends all under the guise of trying to keep me moral according to their values.



posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock
reply to post by SaturnFX
 


They way the anti rebublicans are handling this look very very desperate. Obama may be going down and they are scared and issueless.


Obama may be going down. yes.
and pigs may be flying.

If by handling it, you are saying mentioning it and putting a flashlight on it..then ya, its being handled. let the rest of the country decide on a person whom wants to enable a state deciding to ban condoms and the pill


Keep backing the extreme. I see no possible consequence. I fully endorse the whigs..erm..I mean republicans going down this road.



posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by The Old American
 


niether should treating the snotting nose of most of the kids in the country!!!

but alas, our taxes pay for a heck of alot of medical care for the "poor""

you don't want to consider birth control as part of medical care???
fine, I don't want to consider perscribing tons of meds for imaginary mental illnesses either, or viagra for men, or the care necessary to keep a brain dead person alive for decades!!!

the best solution for this impass would be to withdraw all money out of the healthcare system, for treatment for the poor, for insurance for the poor, for grants to hospitals, grants to medical schools, all of the money gone!!!
then we won't have to argue over what should be considered a worthy treatment or not!!!

birth control is worthy as far as I am concerned!!! keeping brain dead people artificially alive with a wide assortment of machines is not!! and at least the birth control can turn out to be a money saver in the end!!!



posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe
 


Still haven't answered my question about contraception and how it doesn't allow conception so it should be ok with you scary religious folk, so I am done with this thread.
Science has never agreed btw about conception and religion nowhere says that conception is when the sperm meets the egg.

You have no idea what you are talking about. I am out of here.
edit on 20-2-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by colbe
 


Still haven't answered my question about contraception and how it doesn't allow conception so it should be ok with you scary religious folk, so I am done with this thread. Science has never agreed btw about conception and religion nowhere says that conception is when the sperm meets the egg.

You have no idea what you are talking about. I am out of here.
edit on 20-2-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)



There's that word "scary" again.

You want to defend contraception, the morning after pill and abortion, all
cause an abortion so changing your story once again saying Science doesn't know. Yes it does, you should of been born in another time
where they couldn't see via technology. God to all generations past and present has revealed when life begins but you reject that too.

What happened to your life begins at "implantation." ???

God is our creator, He made sex for marriage and procreation. Both.
Ovulation occurs once a month, He planned for the unitive, it is good
but we are not to impede life. If you do, it becomes a selfish act, a mortal sin.

Do not go with the "world" any longer, follow God GogoVic.



posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow
 


Honestly - - I think Colbe is a male prepubescent - - still living under his parents roof.



posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow
 


Honestly - - I think Colbe is a male prepubescent - - still living under his parents roof.






posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow
 


Honestly - - I think Colbe is a male prepubescent - - still living under his parents roof.

Are you talking to me tough Annee? Why don't you say it to my face
chicken. Libs are so hateful.




posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by colbe

Are you talking to me tough Annee? Why don't you say it to my face
chicken. Libs are so hateful.


I'm a registered Republican.

If you don't like my assessment - - - please correct it with facts.


edit on 20-2-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by colbe

Are you talking to me tough Annee? Why don't you say it to my face
chicken. Libs are so hateful.


I'm a registered Republican.

If you don't like my assessment - - - please correct it with facts.


edit on 20-2-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)


My words in quote, what happened to your unkind words about me?

Be nice, you do God's Will when you are loving in the present moment no matter the circumstance.



posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by colbe
There's that word "scary" again.

You want to defend contraception, the morning after pill and abortion, all
cause an abortion so changing your story once again saying Science doesn't know.



Maybe I am just stupid.

Can you please explain to me how contraception causes an abortion?
Pretty please.



posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe
 


No loving god would want people such as yourself as his spokespeople.

I can't be alone in thinking that Christians are bigger menace to American freedom than Muslims or Jews.



posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by colbe

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by colbe

Are you talking to me tough Annee? Why don't you say it to my face
chicken. Libs are so hateful.


I'm a registered Republican.

If you don't like my assessment - - - please correct it with facts.


My words in quote, what happened to your unkind words about me?

Be nice, you do God's Will when you are loving in the present moment no matter the circumstance.


Define unkind words.

Really not interested in your God.



posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar
 


You must not live in reality or something because there is no way all of the money in healthcare is going to be withdrawn.

We have been conditioned to place the welfare of our overlords over the welfare of our fellow citizens. This must be corrected.




top topics



 
4
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

log in

join