It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Santorum’s Backer On Birth Control

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Really now?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Apparently the only problem is with Right Wingers.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

It could be worse.
I could be running.

Even though I disagree with some of your positions, I'd still vote for you over Santorum any day Beez! Don't get excited though, becasue that is not a very high standard in my book.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
How about if the government swings the other way and goes proactive?

Like China does.

One child per couple.....

Contraception and abortion are provided by the government.

And you can throw the yucky girl babies in the trash if for some reason you didn't have a selective abortion.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

My first sentence in that thread:

Okay, I am not a big fan of Obama, or any politician these days, especially because of the czars with conflicted interests appointed to spefic positions of power.

I was trying to add some balance to the situation in that thread, pointing out some good things they have done too, but I clearly stated I still had issues with this adminstration.
And as I stated here, I am not laying blame on a party exclusively. Nice try though.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Read through the thread and others haven't seen any excuses ever made for them like the fearless leader and his cronies.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

"Jaw dropping" let me laugh. Santorum's supporter was speaking of
abstinence. You know God's way, if you do not want to have a child.

The "pill" and other forms of contraception cause a fertilized egg which
is a new person with a body and an eternal soul from attaching to the
womb. Talk about evil and all for self gratification.

Ridiculous, your objection when most vile comedians in our time who say anything, take the purity away from young people all support BHO.

Contraception is an intrinsic evil, look at it's fruit. Santorum doesn't believe in it. He isn't going to force his personal belief on anyone like
our President has in mandating so many things, like the recent HHS
mandate.

This is lying Libs way to try and take Santorum out.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I did read through it and saw the contrast post listing all his shortcomings too. I found it very revealing and informative. Neo, I try to avoid the left/right entrapment, and have made it clear how I personally feel. When I complain, like in this thread, it is because of an injustice or something potentially harmful to our country, regardless which side o the isle it comes from. This thread illustrates how religious perspectives sometimes get too intertwined with politics, to the point of dividing further, rather than uniting.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

So life without contraceptives is a better choice? All those new parents will be model examples and their children will only contribute positively to our future? Now I'm not saying I support abortion, but birth control? Yes, and I think I am in the majority.
And abstinence? See that is just out of touch! You do realize the few states that support and try to apply abstinence for teens has the highest teen pregnancy rates right?

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
reply to post by neo96

I did read through it and saw the contrast post listing all his shortcomings too. I found it very revealing and informative. Neo, I try to avoid the left/right entrapment, and have made it clear how I personally feel. When I complain, like in this thread, it is because of an injustice or something potentially harmful to our country, regardless which side o the isle it comes from. This thread illustrates how religious perspectives sometimes get too intertwined with politics, to the point of dividing further, rather than uniting.

How can you take "God" out of life? God doesn't bless a nation who
goes against His laws which are actually a benefit, the only way anyone
will ever be happy is to follow God's direction.

BHO has done nothing but go against God since he has been in office.

Pregnancy is not a preventable "disease." Or as wise BHO states,
pregnancy is a "punishment."

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Man.. you got some strange ones coming out of the gutter to comment in your thread here. I couldn't really even understand what Neo's last post meant. I think he might have had an aneurysm trying to articulate it.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

the only way anyone
will ever be happy is to follow God's direction.

A bit digressive, but in terms of happiness and god abiding countries being best:

Top 10 happiest countries

1. Norway
Life expectancy at birth (years): 81.1
Income (GNI per capita): US$47,557
Population: 4.9 million

2. Australia
Life expectancy at birth (years): 81.9
Income (GNI per capita): US$34,431
Population: 22.7 million

3. The Netherlands
Life expectancy at birth (years): 80.7
Income (GNI per capita): US$36,402
Population: 16.6 million

4. United States
Life expectancy at birth (years): 78.5
Income (GNI per capita):US$ 43,017
Population: 313 million

5. New Zealand
Life expectancy at birth (years): 80.7
Income (GNI per capita): US$23,737
Population: 4.4 million

6. Canada
Life expectancy at birth (years): 81
Income (GNI per capita): US$35,166
Population: 34 million

7. Ireland
Life expectancy at birth (years): 80.6
Income (GNI per capita): US$29,322
Population: 4.5 million

8. Liechtenstein
Life expectancy at birth (years): 79.5
Income (GNI per capita): US$83,717
Population: 36,300

9. Germany
Life expectancy at birth (years): 80.4
Income (GNI per capita): US$34,854
Population: 82 million

10. Sweden
Life expectancy at birth (years): 81.4
Income (GNI per capita): US$35,837
Population: 9.4 mill

www.cnngo.com...
Are these all god's countries where he(Christian) is worshipped?

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

What does that have to do with birth control exactly? There is no fertilization or implantation so there is no "life."

The other day my cat had a bunch of kittens and she totally abandoned the runt she couldn't feed.. I held that mama cat up, I looked in her eyes, and said "are you there God? It's me, Margaret."

edit on 17-2-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

reply to post by colbe

So life without contraceptives is a better choice? All those new parents will be model examples and their children will only contribute positively to our future? Now I'm not saying I support abortion, but birth control? Yes, and I think I am in the majority.
And abstinence? See that is just out of touch! You do realize the few states that support and try to apply abstinence for teens has the highest teen pregnancy rates right?

Hi, thanks for your question.

You may not know this, the faith isn't taught, especially with the
acceptance of most all sexual sins, they aren't considered a grave sin, hey, no sin at all these last fifty some years.

Sex is for marriage and for life. Marriage and openness to life...both. God said be fruitful and multiply. Children are a blessing. It is God who decides life not us. It's a selfish act otherwise.

I can share a list of the ill effects of contraception, one of them is physical, breast cancer. Does anyone know, one of the inventors of the "pill" condemns it now. Contraception has brought the destruction of the family.

Abstain during a woman's fertile period if you are a married couple with
a serious reason for not having a child at some time in your married
life. Search natural family planning. NFP is not the old Rhythm Method.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by colbe

What does that have to do with birth control exactly? There is no fertilization or implantation so there is no "life."

The other day my cat had a bunch of kittens and she totally abandoned the runt she couldn't feed.. I held that mama cat up, I looked in her eyes, and said "are you there God? It's me, Margaret."

Your comment Gogo, I'll reply to the sentence underlined.

Life begins at conception, a new person with a body and a soul.

God has revealed it, we can know when life begins, it's been passed
down to the world from the Apostles and earlier in the Old Covenant. Even without believing God's revelation, modern technology shows life begins at conception.

In the oral tradition and in the written tradition. See Psalm 51 in most Bibles and Psalm 50 in the English translation of the first Bible,
St. Jerome's Latin Vulgate. It's called the Douay-Rheims Bible. This
verse shows you receive your soul at conception.

Psalm 51:7
For behold I was conceived in iniquities; and in sins did my mother conceive me.

www.drbo.org...

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

And I will reply to you in kind.

Without fertilization and implantation there is no conception. Birth control denies conception.

www.merriam-webster.com...

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

You know, there is merit in what you say, but we have to keep it real, and to hope/expect everyone to think your way or god's way is how things must be, is impractical. In a Christian world it's nice, but in the real world it is not, well....real.

The 'cycle' you mention, yea we all tried it back in high school and it didn't turn out so well for everyone. I think a condom would have been better. I agree with you about some birth control(the pill) can be harmful too. In my opinion, the morning after pill seems to be the best middle ground these days. But condoms still prevent STD's too.
But abstinence only? For better or worse, we are far past that hope of purity. People can't force others to ignore such a major biological drive by suppressing it, it is too much a major part of lives for the young and old, but especially the young.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

reply to post by colbe

You know, there is merit in what you say, but we have to keep it real, and to hope/expect everyone to think your way or god's way is how things must be, is impractical. In a Christian world it's nice, but in the real world it is not, well....real.

The 'cycle' you mention, yea we all tried it back in high school and it didn't turn out so well for everyone. I think a condom would have been better. I agree with you about some birth control(the pill) can be harmful too. In my opinion, the morning after pill seems to be the best middle ground these days. But condoms still prevent STD's too.
But abstinence only? For better or worse, we are far past that hope of purity. People can't force others to ignore such a major biological drive by suppressing it, it is too much a major part of lives for the young and old, but especially the young.

I like your avatar, the dog is so cute.

It's been for the "worse" but we can return to purity with the help of God's
grace. Pray, ask His help. First, everyone, confess with true contrition to God all your sexual sins

Condoms do not prevent STD's or pregnancy. And look, STD's a consequence of not following what Sex is for...marriage and pro-creation.

Oh my gosh, the "morning after pill" kills the newly conceived child and been documented, it has also killed some mothers. You should read some of the testimony from women who have taken the "morning after pill."

If you have sex within marriage and remain faithful, no STD's. We can
stop sinning and return to God's ways. Purity before marriage and
within marriage.

Our Lady told Lucia of Fatima, more souls fall into Hell because of
unrepentant sins against purity, that would be sexual sins.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

You didn't address my point. birth control pills do not take any "life" because they stop conception. You yourself said life begins at conception, with birth control there is not conception.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by colbe

You didn't address my point. birth control pills do not take any "life" because they stop conception. You yourself said life begins at conception, with birth control there is not conception.

The "pill" causes an abortion of a newly conceived person with a body and a soul. The fertilized egg is kept
from attaching to the uterine wall.

Watch this Youtube, better than I can explain. One reason, one of the inventors of the "pill" condemns it.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

If it doesn't attach to the uterine wall there is no technical conception. Read the definition. Also in a lot of cases the egg isn't permitted to fertilize.

Conception is fertilization AND implantation. A fertilized egg is no more life than an egg or a sperm until it implants.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join