It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

more police state, .45/laptop dad house gets raided by CPS

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Not a surprize to hear right? But still uncalled for. An unwarrented invasion of privacy. My roomate told me about it tonight. Could not find any links on the web, and have not seen anything on ATS about it. He said it made the news. According to my roomate, he said the cops and CPS showed up. Sorry for the 3rd party info, wonder what minivan driving soccer mom called it it?
edit on 15-2-2012 by punisher2012 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-2-2012 by punisher2012 because: spell check... dang phone!

Please read: Starting a New Thread?
AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites;
*please post one or two paragraphs,
*a link to the entire story,
*AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on February 15th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
This is ridiculous why not help people who go through real abuse.
2nd line.
edit on 15-2-2012 by KwisatzHaderach because: Hit button in anger

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
They tried, but didn't get anywhere from what I was told. All CPS did, was look to see where the guns were, and if the ammo was separate from the guns. Which he complied and did. And CPS left. As for the officers, it's out their jurisdiction, but they were there to just observe. And the sheriffs are not going to prosecute him. From what I heard.

Whether this is true or not. I do not know.

It was on the father's facebook from what I was told by my sister.
edit on 15-2-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
wow insanity
edit on 15-2-2012 by knightsofcydonia because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I believe my sister told me about. She subscribed to the guy.
I'm like whatever. You don't even know the man.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by knightsofcydonia

How is this insanity? Shooting your daughters laptop and putting the video up on youtube is insanity. Then to have the guy publicly say " I don't want publicity I just wanted to prove a point" but he uploads it to youtube? Where is the line between stupidity and insanity?

There is obviously something wrong with this guy. Why not just take the laptop away? Why not just shoot it full of ammo and give it back? Why would you upload it to youtube and then not want attention?

It's good this guy got investigated. Something is off here.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Giving a link to the story:

news.yahoo.com...

in the article they quote the guy as saying:

In fact, he says the police told him "Kudos, Sir" and he received a "thank you" from an entire detectives squad. Another officer, he says, "is using it in a positive manner in his presentation for the school system."
"How's about those apples?" he asks. "Didn't expect THAT when you called the cops did you?"

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by punisher2012

If his wife divorced him over this and then he shot up the entire neighborhood, would you make a thread that said, Why wasn't this guy investigated?

On one hand I applaud him for being a parent with some sort of loose morals, on the other hand what the heck was he thinking uploading this to youtube?

The double standard here is ridiculous.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by litterbaux

How is this insanity? Shooting your daughters laptop and putting the video up on youtube is insanity. Then to have the guy publicly say " I don't want publicity I just wanted to prove a point" but he uploads it to youtube? Where is the line between stupidity and insanity?

There is obviously something wrong with this guy. Why not just take the laptop away? Why not just shoot it full of ammo and give it back? Why would you upload it to youtube and then not want attention?

I agree with you all the way up to where you said " its good this guy got investigated"
So he may be a little off.....
Arnt most of us? And how does that ( choosing .45 to laptop instead of taking it away) warrent strangers raiding his house without his permission?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   

he can do whatever the f he wants so long as he isnt harming his daughter in any way. I think people should mind their own business and not get involved with others parenting. is it possible he didnt expect the video to go viral? He made the video because he INTENDED his daughter to see it, so what better way than youtube? she didnt have a computer to save it to after all. People need to butt out where they dont belong and quite trying to push their values upon others.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Why not just show her the video and hand her the laptop?

Do you really think you are free to just do whatever you please with no repercussions? If so then you are no better than the daughter.

The father that raised this daughter is also exposed to the same rules everyone else has.

I'm not saying what he did was right or wrong but you have to expect a little visit from authorities if you are uploading video's of you being a cowboy to a laptop for some sort of parenting lesson.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   

If his wife divorced him over this and then he shot up the entire neighborhood, would you make a thread that said, Why wasn't this guy investigated?

On one hand I applaud him for being a parent with some sort of loose morals, on the other hand what the heck was he thinking uploading this to youtube?

The double standard here is ridiculous.

Hey I gget what your saying but IMO I wuld rather live in the world where they guy attemting in a non-traditional way tries to educate his daughter, his dumb wife leaves him for the wrong reason, and said guy, makes a bad choice rather then, said guy- does sometthing harmless and the Nazis roll into his home univited.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
This guy never even shot his daughters laptop, he shot "a" laptop, he works in i.t and shot a shell of an exact same laptop to scare her, when everything blows over and her lessons learned he will hand her laptop back.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   

How is shooting the laptop a logical answer to the problem?

It's not, its an emotional response. If someone with firearms is showing this sort of emotional response to some trivial issue like this it warrents a little investigation.

They came in, made sure stuff was in order and left.

If you don't want the state to come into your house, don't put a big red flag on your head that screams "pick me!"

Also don't upload video's where you are obviously irrational with firearms.

Take my advice or don't. I couldn't care less.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Why not just show her the video and hand her the laptop?

Do you really think you are free to just do whatever you please with no repercussions? If so then you are no better than the daughter.

The father that raised this daughter is also exposed to the same rules everyone else has.

I'm not saying what he did was right or wrong but you have to expect a little visit from authorities if you are uploading video's of you being a cowboy to a laptop for some sort of parenting lesson.

I agree with you as well. However I think I remember him saying it was his intent to educate other parents or some crap like that.

I considered using this in my own life, my niece never keeps her room clean and it can get bad.... I considered posting the condition of her room on YT in order to get a reaction out of her.... however after hearing about those ss boys rolling up on on said guy.... I will reconsider..... I don't think I would play so nicely with them
on my land.

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Hes a Great man,for showing the world,he has convictions,and morals.

The child lacked respect. He has done everything for this child.

His bullets,his laptop,his video.
No one was hurt.

CPS HAD to show up,because ALL the politically correct people who give into their children's tantrums,with a time out,and a ice cream called.

edit on 15-2-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   

there is nothing wrong with this guy at all he is parenting a brat. he dealt with this situation verry well. it was actually ingenious, dont think i could of done a better job.

if some one wants to say any thing different about this, why dont you deal with your kids and stop trying to parent some one else's kids.

also im glad he is making her pay for the bullets he shot the computer with, lol, thats great

Originally posted by knightsofcydonia

he can do whatever the f he wants so long as he isnt harming his daughter in any way. I think people should mind their own business and not get involved with others parenting. is it possible he didnt expect the video to go viral? He made the video because he INTENDED his daughter to see it, so what better way than youtube? she didnt have a computer to save it to after all. People need to butt out where they dont belong and quite trying to push their values upon others.

agreed all the way!
edit on 15-2-2012 by NISMOALTI because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-2-2012 by NISMOALTI because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
That's one really lucky little girl, no ways my dad would have spent money on a computer, never mind a laptop for me. He really does give a damn, for her, that's why he did something.

No laws broken, nobody hurt, 1 less facebook user ... she's better off already, whether she knows it or not.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Hes a Great man,for showing the world,he has convictions,and morals.

The child lacked respect. He has done everything for this child.

His bullets,his laptop,his video.
No one was hurt.
C
CPS HAD to show up,because ALL the politically correct people who give into their children's tantrums,with a time out,and a ice cream called.

Hahaha
2 funny 2 true

edit on 15-2-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Attention whores
, one is the same as the other.
This belongs on jerry springer.
For those that want to know how to raise decent kids
you start by being a roll model for them.
Two wrongs don't make a right, restraint .Now the kid
will think it's o.k. to shoot up anything when you
disagree with it. Is that the kind of culture or 'entertainment'
we need in the world ?
pathetic

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join