It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

more police state, .45/laptop dad house gets raided by CPS

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I'm not surprised about this. In the previous thread I said that posting a video like that on youtube and facebook might bring the social services around. They might even start asking questions at the girl's school, if she has come in with bruises etc.

The point I'm making here isn't that he is guilty of something, the point is that he made his own bed by doing it the Hollywood / Jerry Springer way. He's got nobody to blame but himself for creating a public spectacle. Hell we were entertained, but I bet you anything he wasn't happy to have to let the authorities into his house to ask questions and sniff around.

The message here - he initially failed to discipline his daughter, the end result was she didn't listen. Now he has gone the public humiliation route and he has failed again. Why? Because his authority has been undermined by the social services. His daughter will take less notice of him now than before, firstly because she believes that some people think he was wrong to do what he did (and thus she believes herself to be right). Also she knows that as the authorities are watching he can't afford to step out of line. If anything she will end up misbehaving even more than she would have done.

Lesson in parenting - keep your family business private.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Personally I think the whole thing
was made up.

People come up with ideas
for videos to go viral
all the time.

The more hits you get
you can make some serious
cash actually..

IT ALL FAKE

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by remyrange

Originally posted by remyrange
reply to post by litterbaux

I also think that CPS was just doing their job in checking him out. They are required to when anybody makes a complaint, and I'm sure that many folks who are afraid or against guns made complaints after seing the video.
I'm glad they didn't find anything against him.

This is exactly my point. I never said he did anything wrong, each parent has the right to discipline their children however they want. On the other hand, if some nut job is shooting laptops and posting videos don't feel sorry for him because CPS came over for a visit.

He should have expected it. I was only commenting on the outrage others seem to have here. Nobody would dare spank their child and upload the video to youtube and then be shocked CPS showed up. I mean unless you are completely brain dead.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Well thanks for all the sharing and imput... after reading the post I have concluded IMO,

1 he did not have to use a gun.
2 nothing was harmed other then the guys reputation.
3 I still don't believe CPS needed to show up at his house.
4 depending on how one may look at it.... he may have went to far.
5 there are more people on ATS that are a little more conservitive then I expected.

Once again thanks for sharing!

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeNice81

My point exactly. This is the way I was raised. Parent's have every right to raise you the way they see fit...as long as it improves. If a kid wants privacy and privilege they need to be trusted and have those things earned. And my take on this...what does your kid really need to hide in a loving close family. Nothing.
People should be honest - especially in a family.
People should show respect - especially in a family.
People should have trust - especially in a family.
What is wrong with kids these days??.....they are learning to be selfish and self centered, by adults that should be a role model and should know better.
Parents like this guy with a gun - a very frustrated parent that I can totally relate to...shouldn't have to resort to over the top tactics to get their own children's attention or respect. BUT....in this case...it worked and was needed to get through to a spiraling out of control child.
No one was hurt or threatened or abused....contrary to closed minded peoples opinions of a situation they clearly don't understand. (no names mentioned)...you [and we] know who you are.
The situation as noted - is resolved and communication is re-established and the family can now work out the bugs.
Have a good day all.

~the blue monster

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by litterbaux
reply to post by punisher2012

How is shooting the laptop a logical answer to the problem?

It's not, its an emotional response. If someone with firearms is showing this sort of emotional response to some trivial issue like this it warrents a little investigation.

They came in, made sure stuff was in order and left.

If you don't want the state to come into your house, don't put a big red flag on your head that screams "pick me!"

Also don't upload video's where you are obviously irrational with firearms.

Take my advice or don't. I couldn't care less.

You've apparently never seen "Office Space"

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by litterbaux

It's good this guy got investigated. Something is off here.

Ahhhhhhhh . . . so, please, give us your DSM IV diognosis!

This psychologist says he's probably healthier than most of the CPS crew and some of the cops.

Yeah, he could have done things differently years ago--if he'd been taught HOW to do things better.

Given his own upbringing, it sounds to me like he's done above average.

Once he told his daughter what would happen IF she posted ugly stuff on FB again,

HE HAD TO FOLLOW THROUGH for her sake and the family's sake.

As for CONSISTENCY--I wonder how consistent you'd be with YOUR OWN VALUES if someone followed you around with a video for a month 24/7.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join