It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: Marines Nazi-Flag Whistleblower Comes Forward

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn

I understood what it didnt stand for, and I know obviously what it really does stand for.

Im also pretty damn sure that those guys knew what it stood for, but in an age without nazi's, I see no reason they cant use it. They claimed ignorance to keep people off their backs.

Kinda like some people waving the confed flag.

Hitler used the swastica, yet it had been in existance sooooo long ago that hitler wasnt even a code in his 34th great grandfather's DNA. Not only once, but several times with diffrent meanings.

These guys are the front line. So, I say, if they wanted to run around the desert in white hooded sheets, that's perfectly ok with me. Hmmm Imagine the humor then.

That's why I say it's ironic, and I really HATE to see so many people bickering over something as stupid as this. Hell, you know how many Neo Nazi's are IN the millitary? You know how many racists? Gangbangers? Thugs? It's on all sides, yet they still come together to get the job done.

The millitary in the US is no diffrent than an episode of OZ, except without the bars keeping them in. That's just what it is today. But.. As I was always told when I was in the Army..... There is NO BLACK or WHITE! Here! There is ONLY GREEN! That day... I felt relieved to release myself of all my prejudice. It was as if someone finaly gave me permission to loose a blemish that I wanted to be unburdened from growing up in a town where it was normal to hate someone based on color and the side of town you lived on. Now, I dont discriminate when I hate.. I discriminate for reason, not race, color or creed... Or what kinda flag you wanna have on a backdrop. If those guys wanna pretend to be storm troopers.. Whatever keeps them motivated enough to keep them thinking clear and come home alive. In the states.. We drink.. In the field... We die. So be it, let them do whatever they want, I dont see anyone being hurt from it. People just like to bitch about totaly useless bunk.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by AmericanPitBull

If it were about the affairs of MEN it would not include attitudes you show. Men are above boys club games.Gotta laugh you actually believe "No one understands me" is a valid argument after your teens.
As for the name calling.... grow up. If you don't get when you wear "the uniform" you rep something bigger than the Corps or all the services then you are a disgrace to it.
Used to be Death before Dishonor. Eff that anymore!
Now keep with the ASSumptions about me as they really make ya'll look like fools.

Calm down…I know you feel inferior, and rightfully so, but not everyone can be a Marine!

As I’ve stated, the SS in this case represents Scout Sniper, a group you likely know next to nothing about. Please don’t try to read more into it than is there.

Thanks!

Hey you are welcome happy to bolster your ego. Glad you found a group that could make you feel good about yourself. And you are sooo right not everyone can be a marine some of us were too good and became seals

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Why did I only meet a dozen Seals during my 8 years and 2 deployments in the Marines but as a civilian I’ve run into THOUSANDS (mainly in bars and on the internet)?

Time to roll my pants up…it’s getting deep in here!

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Why did I only meet a dozen Seals during my 8 years and 2 deployments in the Marines but as a civilian I’ve run into THOUSANDS (mainly in bars and on the internet)?

Time to roll my pants up…it’s getting deep in here!

Stupid jarhead! you only go where we have been LMAO! .
2nd

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

The SS stands for Scout Sniper…end of story.

Let’s just debate the topic rather than taking personal snipes at each other.

Besides, nobody will EVER believe you were a SEAL!

edit on 12-2-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

btw Know.. Just gotta say.. Thanks for the thread so I could vent a lil. Never personal brotha. I just dont get some people today. Ok.. HALF of the world. It always seems to be divided in the middle.

(scratches head) Me thinks that in itself is a conspiracy!

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Great find on that pic.
Can you post on this link right here.
I had posted that I have seen the symbol used before but somebody had asked me to post a pic and I didn't have one.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

BTW I am just having a hard time believing he is from America. You had me LMAO talking about how many SEALs you have met as a civilian. I once had a guy tell me he was in Delta force there were all kinds of wrong things about that. Great job.
edit on 12-2-2012 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

It’s posted.

Ya, everybody is a warrior or war hero on the internet and in the bar. It’s amazing how many Delta Force and SEALS there are!

I actually interviewed a guy once who went on about his 4 years in the Marines and tour in Iraq. When I asked to see his DD-214 he asked me what that was!
After I explained what it was he proceeded to tell me that he “wasn’t issued one” when he got out.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I just started a new church that has some eastern leanings. Instead of using the traditional Christian cross, I used this symbol:

I think it represents the uniqueness of my church, but a bunch pf people in my community are getting all upset and calling me a racist Nazi. They just don't get it. This symbol represents life and good fortune to my church and its members. It's not a Nazi sign to us.

So, basically I need some support. I looked here and I figured that there are people on this thread that would be willing to help me out. So will you please write your support for my church. THANKS!

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
reply to post by seabag

Great find on that pic.
Can you post on this link right here.
I had posted that I have seen the symbol used before but somebody had asked me to post a pic and I didn't have one.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

BTW I am just having a hard time believing he is from America. You had me LMAO talking about how many SEALs you have met as a civilian. I once had a guy tell me he was in Delta force there were all kinds of wrong things about that. Great job.

It is OK if you can't believe I am even American, the VA is cool with it . No need to prove anything to some jarhead internet warriors. But I will admit the bit about meeting more Seals in bars than even the VA though
Guess it DOES sound better than jarhead. As for the pitiful argument you guys are trying to tag team and bulldoze through is still bull crap. The double rune S is carrying the banner of an enemy of this country into battle.It also is conspicuously one of the symbols used by white supremest groups and a popular tattoo among prisoners and racists. OORAH! It may have been started in the 70's but in '79-82 when I was killing folks for Uncle flashing that crap would have gotten yer arse whooped except by some southern boys who knew their way round a sheet. BTW I am the LAST of my family who will give up their body to this outfit. We were proud to serve in WWII and willing to give you Korea and Viet-nam for a total of 16 dead "Pit Bulls" when Ronnie said Grenada they got most of my legs and spine.Still don't know why and didn't question then. I do question now though and I see why we are the "bad guys" any more by the posts of you new guys.Ya'll have done crap that would have had any of us in Leavenworth and do it with tacit approval, amazing fall from the country I served.
APB

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

So you're saying you served from 79-82 and you were a seal? Where were you based? What unit?

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
The Nazis knew exactly what the swastika meant; they didn't just pick it because it looked cool to them.

It means "creation of life in the lifeless", which is exactly what Hitler brought the post-WWI Germany.

That would be one of the many, many meanings of the swastika. That's not the only one.

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
In terms of the main story here, adopting yourself as the SS means you adhere to what the SS was all about, which is what I just described. Playing ignorant by making excuses that you're just using the symbol but you don't believe in what it means is just pathetic and really doesn't help your image. You don't pick out and use the same symbols as the SS to identify yourself without knowing what the SS were.

Adopting the SS doesn't mean you adhere to what the "Schutzstaffel" were all about. That's a huge leap. In the case of the Marine Scout Snipers, using the symbol meant Scout Snipers, and most likely nothing more.

The symbol can be given whatever meaning someone wants, but when someone gives something their own meaning like the Scout Snipers did, or like all the different meanings of the Swastika someone could use it for, people immediately associate them with Nazi's.

Why don't people care when some silly teen is wearing a "Rising Sun" headband, or a t-shirt with the Japanese flag? The Japanese killed around 30 million people in WWII, and Allied POW's had a 30% chance of dying if they were prisoners. The Nazi's only killed around 26 million people, and Allied POW's had a 4% chance of dying if they were prisoners. The Japanese were way worse in their pillaging. They pillaged for MUCH longer, and even turned captives into prostitutes, unlike the Nazis.

People don't seem to care at all when someone represents Japanese symbolism in public.
Why do you think that is? It all happened just as recently.
The Russians killed millions as well, but the hammer and sickle is nowhere near as vilified.

Now, I'm quite aware that these soldiers aren't representing Japanese or Russian symbolism here.

I've stated why I think there's no problem with the Scout Snipers using the "SS" flag, and I stand by my reasons, regardless of what someone else thinks of me. Call me whatever names you want. Tell me i'm "ignorant" and that I am "despicable" or "pathetic". That's just fine, because that's simply your opinion, and it will always remain just an opinion. My reasons are perfectly founded, and no-one can change them.

All i'm saying, and have BEEN saying, is that people are blowing this out of proportion irrationally, but probably wouldn't be doing so if other symbolism was used from another nation who committed atrocities, such as Japan.

(no offense to any Japanese folk. I'm not trying to get anyone to hate your symbolism, or heritage.)

Respond if you must, but it will be pointless, because my views will not be changed in the slightest, because there is nothing "wrong" with them, and likewise, I won't say there is anything "wrong" with your arguments, but simply that I disagree with them and why. I simply refuse to defend those who irrationally become emotional over something as trivial as a symbol instead of choosing to realize that the symbol is representing something totally different.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
"BROTHERHOOD"
That word keeps been used to describe this set of MURDERERS.
And as their patch shows...they kill.
I pity them.
gravitor

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Qemyst

What this thread tells me is thought-crime is alive and well.
The next thing will be Che Guevera T-Shirts, Mujahadeen slogans etc etc.
The corpse of WW2 just won't be buried by some people, despite it being many moons ago...

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

So you're saying you served from 79-82 and you were a seal? Where were you based? What unit?

You read what I said jarhead and the dates of operations is all you get. I ain't giving you any more as my privacy, which would be compromised as YOU KNOW, is way more important than out pissing a jarhead on the internet. So glad I am a world away from your head space now! I I ain't gonna fight with another vet, even a jarhead

I said what I got to say about the "new" armed forces( and I thought it was a clusterfark during my time
:@@

APB

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmericanPitBull

You read what I said jarhead and the dates of operations is all you get. I ain't giving you any more as my privacy, which would be compromised as YOU KNOW, is way more important than out pissing a jarhead on the internet. So glad I am a world away from your head space now! I I ain't gonna fight with another vet, even a jarhead

I said what I got to say about the "new" armed forces( and I thought it was a clusterfark during my time
:@@

APB

Wow three whole years as a seal. Sure I believe you considering how long it takes to train a seal. Just another Internet soldier. Divulging your unit and where they were stationed wouldn't compromise a thing and a SEAL would know that.

BTW I wasn't a Marine.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

I know that saying ANYTHING personal on the internet is opening your door so piss off ,Mkay? Nothing to prove to anyone here or to you. But it does make for a good distraction from what I said about carrying an enemies flag. So nice try at trolling out the guts of what I said. FWIW I have trouble believing you even believe that SS is not Nazi and for intimidation and fear factor. But OORAH! God bless our troops!
APB

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

It has nothing to do with Nazis.

Pick up the action HERE and follow along, squidly! I've explained why this connection is silly.

(PS...if you're seriously a SEAL who served in Grenada then I most certainly respect your service...have my doubts though).

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Marines ARE superior to people we face on the battlefield and we don’t need a flag or a symbol to demonstrate that superiority. Who said the use of the SS symbol is to feel superior to or show disdain toward other Americans?

Its not using the SS its how you act. All you do is demand respect for "the troops" yet I have seen you insult other Americans countless times in your posts.

Why bother "defending" America when you seem to hate the people in it (and their freedom of speech, at that).

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Wasn't the invasion of Grenada in 1983?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join