It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: Marines Nazi-Flag Whistleblower Comes Forward

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by aching_knuckles

Sigh. I figured my point would have been made, but since the "time the symbol was used" is such a big deal...

Modern day Finnish Air Force insignia.

They must be using a Nazi symbol, right? Like how the Marines are using a Nazi symbol?

Intellectually honest enough for you now?
edit on 12-2-2012 by Qemyst because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

your right i did volunteer to fight for my country and im not complaining im defending people who said the same oath i did and volunteered just like myself, i said this in another post about how people are making a big deal about this

what if it were another countries soldiers, would we even see it on here or in the news

im saying its bull**** if you say that it would be on here because it wouldn't be, no one ever goes after other countries militarys, its always the americans

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by caf1550

SS SCOUT SNIPER showing honor to not only your MOS but the unit you are in , ,

But not to the country you are "defending" or the people in it, right? Loyalty only to your corps, right? My grandfather fought against that flag, anyone using it to represent themselves are idiots as far as Im concerned.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Qemyst

Sigh. I figured my point would have been made, but since the "time the symbol was used" is such a big deal...

Modern day Finnish Air Force insignia.

They must be using a Nazi symbol, right? Like how the Marines are using a Nazi symbol?

Intellectually honest enough for you now?

No, because we arent talking about the Finn air force. We are talking about US Marines. The Finns can take up the idiots in their own Air Force....it would be like a Euro commenting on this thread, no?

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

your right i did volunteer to fight for my country and im not complaining im defending people who said the same oath i did and volunteered just like myself, i said this in another post about how people are making a big deal about this

what if it were another countries soldiers, would we even see it on here or in the news

im saying its bull**** if you say that it would be on here because it wouldn't be, no one ever goes after other countries militarys, its always the americans

I guess you missed the post right over yours.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by aching_knuckles
No, because we arent talking about the Finn air force. We are talking about US Marines. The Finns can take up the idiots in their own Air Force....it would be like a Euro commenting on this thread, no?

So, you are saying that the Finns should outlaw that symbol for their Air Force?

That's pretty rude of you, calling the Finnish Air Force "idiots".

That's their symbol. It's not the Nazi symbol, and thus, they aren't "idiots".

Maybe the Finn's have a better understanding of how symbols work than you do, and thus, none of them are offended at all by it.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

So, you are saying that the Finns should outlaw that symbol for their Air Force?

That's pretty rude of you, calling the Finnish Air Force "idiots".

That's their symbol. It's not the Nazi symbol, and thus, they aren't "idiots".

Maybe the Finn's have a better understanding of how symbols work than you do, and thus, none of them are offended at all by it.

No, Im saying let the Finns have self determination...i understand as a warrior specializing in nation building this is probably a foreign concept to you.

You keep making the same argument about "symbols only mean what people believe them to mean!"

Then in the next step, you refuse to believe that just because the majority of the worlds populations consider these symbols bad, you just say "Well, it isnt so, they are just symbols that have different meanings!!"

If you cant see how you are being a hypocrite, nothing I will say can help you, you are hopelessly mind#ed.

EDIT: Furthermore, I just looked up the history of the iInnish Air Force use of the swastika. That symbol was implemented in 1918, before the Nazis even came to power, so their use also predates the Nazis...so once again you are being intellectually dishonest! Surprise surprise!

Show me another group that implemented Nazi insignia AFTER World War II, AFTER the atrocities were known.

EDIT AGAIN: Even furthermore, the Marines were using a goddamn SS REPLICA FLAG. The Finn air flag is not a replica of any Nazi insiginia. Another difference.
edit on 12-2-2012 by aching_knuckles because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

you act as though you are an expert on this situation but i don't want to burst your bubble, your just like me another human being your not an expert on this situation no more then i am.

just because it offends you it some way, im going off the fact that you don't understand brothers in arms and things like that, doesn't mean it offends other people

i know what SS durning WW2 did and both my grandparents fought in that war one in each theatre, just because it was a bad thing back then doesn't mean that things can change and people can use terms in different ways.

why can't you grasp that the letters SS could mean anything, big deal if they are written the same way as they were in the past to represent something else.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

"so once again you are being intellectually dishonest! Surprise surprise!"

Oh my, how snide of you!

And you are trying to lecture others on acting "holier than thou" and having a "superiority complex"

In 2007 the Finns released a replica of the Finnish Air Defense relief ring decorated with a Swastika.

Then in the next step, you refuse to believe that just because the majority of the worlds populations consider these symbols bad, you just say "Well, it isnt so, they are just symbols that have different meanings!!"

And your point? It's a fact that symbols have different meanings. Someone could look at a "SS" and say "That's a nazi symbol."

They'd be right in the fact that it WAS, and still IS a Nazi symbol. It's also a Scout Sniper symbol.

Someone could look at a Swastika and go "That's a Nazi symbol."

They would be right. It was a Nazi symbol, and still is. It's also a symbol for many other things. Just because the Nazi's ruined everyone's impression of a symbol doesn't mean that is the ONLY thing a symbol is.

If you cant see how you are being a hypocrite, nothing I will say can help you, you are hopelessly mind#ed.

I'm not being a hypocrite at all. All I have said is that when I look at the flag the Scout Snipers are holding up, I see an American flag, and a Scout Sniper flag beneath it. I don't see a Nazi flag there anywhere. Don't call names, sir, without providing your reasoning

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

why can't you grasp that the letters SS could mean anything, big deal if they are written the same way as they were in the past to represent something else.

Why cant you grasp that even if you feel that way, 90% of the rest of the world doesnt, and that it makes America look bad (especially now with low world opinion of us). It was a stupid move to use it. And now, when under fire over it, its even stupider to argue. The damn leaders of your beloved corps said it was wrong. Are you disagreeing with them? Maybe you guys would "get it" if they issued an order to stop complaining about it.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

And your point? It's a fact that symbols have different meanings. Someone could look at a "SS" and say "That's a nazi symbol."

They'd be right in the fact that it WAS, and still IS a Nazi symbol. It's also a Scout Sniper symbol.

Someone could look at a Swastika and go "That's a Nazi symbol."

The problem is, the swastika was a symbol on its own before the Nazis.

The lightning bolt SS was not. The single S was a rune, but doubled up became a symbol of Nazis.

Dont you see or understand the difference? I guess not. Like I said before, if you cannot see how US soldiers using SS insignia could bring about some bad feelings, you are hopelessly mind#ed.

Maybe when everyone is telling you something, its not everyone else who is wrong.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

I'm not being a hypocrite at all. All I have said is that when I look at the flag the Scout Snipers are holding up, I see an American flag, and a Scout Sniper flag beneath it. I don't see a Nazi flag there anywhere.

Even though it is an SS replica flag? LOL What more evidence do you need to see a Nazi flag other than an ACTUAL GODDAMN NAZI FLAG RIGHT THERE?

You will say anything and twist the words anyway...it makes me wonder where your head is at, maybe you are a Nazi sympathizer.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

The lightning bolt SS was not. The single S was a rune, but doubled up became a symbol of Nazis.

Dont you see or understand the difference? I guess not. Like I said before, if you cannot see how US soldiers using SS insignia could bring about some bad feelings, you are hopelessly mind#ed.

Maybe when everyone is telling you something, its not everyone else who is wrong.

I am sorry, but I'm not hopelessly mindf##ked because you claim it is so.
I could say the same thing about you because you have a differing opinion on the topic, but I won't, because frankly, I'm above being vulgar and calling names.

I have a reasonable difference of opinion on the symbols, as many others do, and our reasons are in no way wrong just because you happen to believe they are.

Many, Many, Many, Many people in the world say that gods exist. Probably more than naught. Does that mean I am the one who is wrong because I disagree?

Cheers.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Even though it is an SS replica flag? LOL What more evidence do you need to see a Nazi flag other than an ACTUAL GODDAMN NAZI FLAG RIGHT THERE?

Nope. It's not a Nazi flag. It's a scout sniper flag. We've covered this, remember?

You will say anything and twist the words anyway...it makes me wonder where your head is at, maybe you are a Nazi sympathizer.

Typical.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

I am sorry, but I'm not hopelessly mindf##ked because you claim it is so.
I could say the same thing about you because you have a differing opinion on the topic, but I won't, because frankly, I'm above being vulgar and calling names.

I have a reasonable difference of opinion on the symbols, as many others do, and our reasons are in no way wrong just because you happen to believe they are.

Many, Many, Many, Many people in the world say that gods exist. Probably more than naught. Does that mean I am the one who is wrong because I disagree?

Cheers.

Answer me this. Do you understand, in the current world climate, how US soldiers brandishing Nazi insignia might give the world a negative opinion of us? Not saying that it is wrong or right, but just the fact that it would happen?

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

We're done talking. You seem to resort to calling names and assuming people are Nazi Sympathizers who have different views than you.

Cheers.

Next person in line, feel free to comment.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Nope. It's not a Nazi flag. It's a scout sniper flag. We've covered this, remember?

No it is not - the sniper scout skull emblem is not on the flag. That is a replica WWII SS flag. Stop lying, SIR. Or I will be forced to call you a liar. IN particular, it is a Nazi Runes Hausfahne Flag. Google it.
edit on 12-2-2012 by aching_knuckles because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

We're done talking. You seem to resort to calling names and assuming people are Nazi Sympathizers who have different views than you.

Cheers.

Next person in line, feel free to comment.

"Whaa, he called me a name! Now I have an excuse to not answer his question, which I couldnt answer anyway!"

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

This is my last post to you. My unwillingness to reply is not for a lack of being able to answer. I could easily answer your question. Your rhetoric and attitude simply, over the course of your posts, made me realize that you are not worth having a discussion with.

Your ignorant, unfounded assumption that I was "whining" (your "waahhh" remark) and your assumption based solely on my unwillingness to reply to you further that I wasn't even ABLE to answer your question have allowed your true colors to shine through.

Best of luck to your future discussions.
I'm taking the high road this time.

Cheers

EDIT: And furthermore, your insinuation that I am a "Nazi sympathizer" simply because I felt differently about the topic than you further hastened me to my decision to stop replying. Good day, sir.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

90% of the world huh, lets see some facts for that number my good man

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join