It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Marines posed with Nazi symbol in Afghanistan

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

US Marines posed with Nazi symbol in Afghanistan

news.yahoo.com

The Marine Corps on Thursday once again did damage control after a photograph surfaced of a sniper team in Afghanistan posing in front of a flag with a logo resembling that of the notorious Nazi SS — a special unit that murdered millions of Jews, gypsies and others.

The Corps said in a statement that using the symbol was not acceptable.

However, it was a naive mistake made by Marines who believed the SS symbol was meant to represent sniper scouts and never intended to associate themselves with a racist organization, said Maj. Gabrielle Chapin, a spokeswoman at Camp Pendleton.
(visit the link for the full news article)

+10 more 
posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Does anyone really believe it's an innocent mistake?

The SS were blamed for killing millions of Jews and these men are proudly using their symbolism. This is bound to cause an outrage among the Jewish community. Even as a non religious person I find these actions to lack any respect.

Anyone notice how it's all a bunch of white guys?

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Respect to them, theve got serious go nads lol

+31 more 
posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
"S"cout "S"niper unit standing in front of an SS flag. As long as they are good at their mos I really don't care what they want to use.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Is that Chris Kyle on the left?

Pardon my ignorance, all I know is that he's a sniper. I don't know if it's possible he was there with that team.

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Does anyone really believe it's an innocent mistake?

Its the united states . of course it was a innocent little isolated mistake

When the west does it , the same rules don't apply . Thats the beauty of double standards.

Man look at those mighty weapons! !

What i don't get with these types of incidences , they see their fellow marines get in trouble for this kinda propaganda. Why do they keep taking pics/videos of it ?

just for bragging rights? what about the bragging rights of being discharged after they are caught.

Are they just not thinking ? do they think it will never get out lol.

However, it was a naive mistake made by Marines who believed the SS symbol was meant to represent sniper scouts and never intended to associate themselves with a racist organization, said Maj. Gabrielle Chapin, a spokeswoman at Camp Pendleton.

Gotcha!

edit on 9-2-2012 by seedofchucky because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by R3velutionR3quired
Respect to them, theve got serious go nads lol

I respect their skills, but there is no courage in being a sniper IMO.

Snipers are a vital tool for various purposes including special missions and protecting fellow servicemen, but I don't agree with the concept. But most of you will call me a peace loving hippie for not being down with the war mongering.
edit on 9-2-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: grammer

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
Is that Chris Kyle on the left?

Pardon my ignorance, all I know is that he's a sniper. I don't know if it's possible he was there with that team.

It sure looks like him.

2nd to say he is truly a bad a##!

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Thats it.

They feel like nazis now.

That is their way to scream out to the public, as they knew it would go public.

It is their way of screaming for help, they want the public to act now, before they have to go back and kill more innocents, rape women when ordered by their captains so they would have a catch on them, and blame it all on a fictional enemy again.

Don´t you guys see this?

edit on 9-2-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
If you don't know the meaning of the S.S. lightning bolts maybe you shouldn't even be allowed to fire those weapons let alone be in the military....

Did they just stop educating these kids about history or just use the cliff notes and skim right over..... I dunno... the holocaust.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Notice in todays world, the American helmet, looks alot like the old helmet, in the pic of the German.

Or just maybe they know the zionist jews are using their ass and used this flag to say [SNIP].
edit on 9-2-2012 by mackey1224uk because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-2-2012 by burdman30ott6 because: DO NOT evade the automatic censors

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fitch303
"S"cout "S"niper unit standing in front of an SS flag. As long as they are good at their mos I really don't care what they want to use.

That is honestly moronic. I suppose we should let them wear swastikas on the arms as well? As long as they are good at their job and all.

I'm not anti-military at all but that is just stupidity incarnate. Not only is it highly offensive, but it denigrates seriously the reputation of the uniformed services, and the United States abroad.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

I respect their skills, but there is no courage in being a sniper IMO.

Snipers are a vital tool for various purposes including special missions and protecting fellow servicemen, but I don't agree with the concept. But most of you will call me a peace loving hippie for not being down with the war mongering.

Ok Corruption I am no war monger, but come on.

What do you have to do to earn courage on the battlefield? Go in with a suit of armor and a broad sword screaming at the top of your lungs? (albeit that does sound cooler)

I believe that anyone who joins the military has courage. There is a lot of military bashing on this site, and I understand why but the soldiers are not the ones deciding which country were going to f#&! over next. They signed up to protect the nation, and that to me screams courageous. Not many are willing to put their lives on the line for anyone (other than themselves maybe). It is a shame that our leaders are so piss poor.

That being said the "SS" logo they have is in really bad taste, did anyone even think about that before putting it up?

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain

Thats it.

They feel like nazis now.

That is their way to scream out to the public, as they knew it would go public.

It is their way of screaming for help, they want the public to act now, before they have to go back and kill more innocents, rape women when ordered by their captains so they would have a catch on them, and blame it all on a fictional enemy again.

Don´t you guys see this?

edit on 9-2-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

Ummm....or they would just leave the military and address the American people themselves. I know plenty of current soldiers/veterans. There is no so "hidden message" as your saying.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
thats no mistake, everyone knows that that type of s s means Nazi

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Openeye

You don't seem like a war monger, my comment was directed to another member who said those snipers had gonads. As I said, IMO, there is no courage in hiding out of sight and shooting people who have no idea you're even there. I come from a military family, my grandfather was shot by a sniper in France during WW2, my stepbrother was wounded in Afghanistan by an IED, my other brother is currently serving, and my father is also a veteran. I'm not anti military but in my view of morality sniping is not something I agree with even though I understand the importance of it.

It does take courage, or maybe high unemployment rates to cause people to join the military. I know people who buy into the whole "to protect our freedoms" to the "I want to kill me some muzzies" crowds. Many join because it's the only job they can find to support their family. Most people have no idea that they're joining to serve corporate interests for the world's elite.

As you said, using the SS symbol was in bad taste, but it's a reflection of the society we live in.

It should raise some eyebrows to say the least.
edit on 9-2-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by mackey1224uk

I don't see any helmets (we call them ACH or Kevlars) in that picture, just boonie caps.

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
Anyone notice how it's all a bunch of white guys?
I don't have any statistics on hand, but when it comes to combat MOSs in the military, they tend to have a high ratio of caucasians, while support units and MOSs tend to have a much higher ratio of minorities. Though I've discussed this with others before, it's hard to speculate as to why this is so... I don't think this is a unique fact in this case.

With all that said, you'd have to be a real living-in-a-bubble derp to not connect that symbolism with the Nazi SS, no matter what it stands for within your unit.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

It does take courage, or maybe high unemployment rates to cause people to join the military. I know people who buy into the whole "to protect our freedoms" to the "I want to kill me some muzzies" crowds. Many join because it's the only job they can find to support their family. Most people have no idea that they're joining to serve corporate interests for the world's elite.

Yeah that is an unfortunate truth, a lot of young people join now days just to get out of the ghetto or get training for a better job. I have even heard of gang members joining to get military training and special weapons permits...a little scary.

Signs of the times man, corruption grows like a cancer.

link   
The swastika was taken from something more peacful and made into a bloody thing.

So what's the big deal? We know what it stands for.. and it's NOT the Nazi SS.

Please... Nit pick much?

link   
''However, it was a naive mistake made by Marines who believed the SS symbol was meant to represent sniper scouts''

Seriously? Do they really think anyone would believe this? I know the US educational system isn't really something to be impressed with but this would mean having absolutely no clue about recent history.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join