It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: Marines Nazi-Flag Whistleblower Comes Forward

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by aching_knuckles

Its not using the SS its how you act.

It's ALL ABOUT the use of SS! Maybe you should re-read the OP?? The MARINE SNIPERS in the photos were standing still. Was that offensive or provacative behavior to you??

All you do is demand respect for "the troops" yet I have seen you insult other Americans countless times in your posts.

I have demanded nothing.

Why bother "defending" America when you seem to hate the people in it (and their freedom of speech, at that).

I love Americans who love America. I have little regard for fools who do not; and foolish Americans who blame America for all the problems in the world; and Americans who make derogatory comments about service members and veterans who have risked their lives and sacrificed their time to defend America.

I make no apologies for anything I’ve said on this thread or any post I’ve ever made on ATS.
edit on 12-2-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

It's ALL ABOUT the use of SS! Maybe you should re-read the OP??

I was talking about your superiority complex. Whatever you may want to believe, being a government trained assassin doesnt make you a better person than me.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

reply to post by AmericanPitBull

It has nothing to do with Nazis.

Pick up the action HERE and follow along, squidly! I've explained why this connection is silly.

(PS...if you're seriously a SEAL who served in Grenada then I most certainly respect your service...have my doubts though).

I have read this whole damn thread and I read your excuse but the fact is it is used by the American Nazis and white supremists and has been longer than ya''ll been so badass you picked it up. Does not matter what sort of OORAH bs that you all have built up. If it really was long dead past you would have a point but the reality is it still represents racism and fascism to most of the world, you know good ole' American values like in the compounds in Idaho and the streets of the nations capital. The runic SS is still a Nazi symbol first and ya'll's weak excuse for using it does not change that.
Not like I am a PC mofo either but I am years closer to my WWII family than any of you pups and would not disrespect their sacrifice using the enemies gear as a badge of honor.Or if you don't like enemy then the symbols of the worst of America.but then I did not see any tans in the pic either so....
PS Appreciate the respect..even grudgingly given. if you know anything about that pile of crap you know things got a lot better between forces after and some of the crap like what left me dinged up for life helped bring that about

APB
APB

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

I love Americans who love America. I have little regard for fools who do not; and foolish Americans who blame America for all the problems in the world; and Americans who make derogatory comments about service members and veterans who have risked their lives and sacrificed their time to defend America.

So therefore, anyone that questions the government or the military is someone who doesnt love America? That indoctrination sure works good....

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by aching_knuckles

It's ALL ABOUT the use of SS! Maybe you should re-read the OP??

I was talking about your superiority complex. Whatever you may want to believe, being a government trained assassin doesnt make you a better person than me.

I've read his posts and haven't got that from them at all.
He's using reasoning and logic to explain something. That doesn't mean he's trying to act superior.
You're making big leaps in your assumptions, and they're unfounded.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmericanPitBull
the reality is it still represents racism and fascism to most of the world

I think the fact that Marines are arguing that they should be allowed to march around with Nazi insignia shows you not only how far our military has fallen, but what they consider themselves in relation to the average citizen. Scary, indeed.

Hey Marines, want my respect? Stop sticking up for your buddies that are obviously wrong, take a moral stand, and say "I will not accept allies that use a symbol from one of the most deplorable groups to ever walk the face of the earth."

But the fact is, you will continue to use it, continue to make America look like idiots, then come home from overseas and get drunk and pick fights with anyone that doesnt bow to you and graciously thank you for your "service".

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
in being a US Marine i think its despicable the way that some people jump all over these fellow Marines

why can't you get over the fact that they use SS for scout sniper and not the same way the Nazi's used SS in WW2

your calling these men, "nazi lovers" and how they want to act like the SS, are you kidding me. for place thats suppose to deny ignorance its getting pretty bad around here, who are you to say these things about some men you have never spoken to in your life, knor will someone of you ever live up to there example.

Marine Corps teachs Honor, Courage, and Commitment

Always show honor, in your country, your unit, and your men. always be couragous in not only the most dangerous of situations but also the simplest. always be committed to the mission no matter what it is. Marines don't take failure easy because we don't fail.

all these Marines did was take a unit photo with the letters "SS" on a flag, but because america is now becoming so PC people make a big freaking deal about it. the thing is get over it, let the past be the past, you don't have to always bring up what the SS did before and durning WW2 everyone knows what they did. these Marines aren't trying to honor the SS in anyway what so ever.

but because some people on here hate this country, and the military so much they will make a big deal about everything, let the simplest things bother them, and act WAY to PC

- Caf

Semper Fi

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Qemyst

I've read his posts and haven't got that from them at all.
He's using reasoning and logic to explain something. That doesn't mean he's trying to act superior.
You're making big leaps in your assumptions, and they're unfounded.

What a surpise, you sticking up for him. Maybe you didnt sense it because you feel the same way.

Try reading his post at the top of this page....or just slap him on the back and trade war stories.
edit on 12-2-2012 by aching_knuckles because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by AmericanPitBull

Not like I am a PC mofo either but I am years closer to my WWII family than any of you pups and would not disrespect their sacrifice using the enemies gear as a badge of honor.

The people you speak of, from WWII, were sporting NAZI symbols according to your logic; my grandfather included!!

These are NOT Nazi symbols! This pic is a Marine from 1941, who served during WWII, wearing a German cross, which is another so-called NAZI symbol. Please explain that???

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by caf1550

Marine Corps teachs Honor, Courage, and Commitment

Always show honor, in your country, your unit, and your men. always be couragous in not only the most dangerous of situations but also the simplest. always be committed to the mission no matter what it is. Marines don't take failure easy because we don't fail.

Semper Fi

And using a goddamn SS flag does this? Do you even realize how out of touch you sound?

The Nazis stood for everything opposite of what you just said. I dont know why the Marines would want to go to war under that banner.

Instead of just sticking up blindly for the Corps, realize what your actions are doing. Those men in that unit obviously didnt give a # about the black eye they are giving their country to the rest of the world...and then they will complain "Nobody appreciates our service!"

We would appreciate it more if you stopped making all of us look like assholes!

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by aching_knuckles
What a surpise, you sticking up for him. Maybe you didnt sense it because you feel the same way.

Try reading his post at the top of this page....or just slap him on the back and trade war stories.

I have read his posts... As I said when I wrote "I've read his posts and haven't got that from them at all."

I'll slap him on the back for being rational and using logic, instead of just going "Oh.. lightning bolt SS flag. Nazi flag."

It's so very bloody easy to immediately jump to the easiest conclusion like what most people are doing in regards to the pic of the Scout Snipers. Anyone going a little further and thinking about it is deserving of a pat on the back at this point.
edit on 12-2-2012 by Qemyst because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

So therefore, anyone that questions the government or the military is someone who doesnt love America? That indoctrination sure works good....

Not at all…I question the US government too!!

People who accuse US Marines of being NAZIS or sporting NAZI symbols, which they haven’t done, are disgusting to me, sir!

SS stands for Scout Sniper in the Marine Corps. Just because you don’t understand the symbolism used in the USMC doesn’t mean it’s what you THINK it is.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

People who accuse US Marines of being NAZIS or sporting NAZI symbols, which they haven’t done, are disgusting to me, sir!

Oh lord.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by clay2 baraka

WHAT AN ARGUMENT!!! YOU are a GOLD contributor in disguise!!

How about this:

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

SS SCOUT SNIPER showing honor to not only your MOS but the unit you are in , its people like you who take s*** so personally thats makes the rest of the world think we are giant pussies, its people like you, no matter how much you obvisoulsy hate the military that don't realize the sacrafice we make, not seeing family for years at times, husbands being away from wives and children in warzones not knowing if they will ever see them again.

you said in an earlier post that why should the US be allies with people who would use such symbols, so does mean we shouldn't be allies with india or anyone who uses the swastika for a religious reason, not the reason the Nazi's used it

if you called one of these guys a "nazi lover" he would kick the **** out of you for saying that. We are taught history all throughout training and in the fleet, most Marines i know have BA or Masters in many different fields of study. i love my brothers in the Corps as much as i love my family because i know they have my back in a dangerous situation and i have their backs. you probably don't understand what the term "Band of Brothers" stands for or the life long friends you make going through all your training with the same guys for years

Now if your not an american then this doesn't pertain to you, but if you are an american then this does. but you really don't understand the sacrafice we make, in defending the country and the constitution, you take for advantage of the 1st amendment and you can because my brothers and sisters die overseas for you

-Semper Fi

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by clay2 baraka

Oh lord.

Oh no. That sure does prove that the Marines are using a Nazi symbol!

These Native Americans must be Nazi's too.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Here's an idea. Why not change your ATS avatar to the Waffen SS symbol if it not that offensive?
Because it is.

Try it. I'll give you a day at most before the mods pull it off your profile. By the way the flag the snipers posed behind was an authentic replica Nazi flag.

The whole thing is un-American (unless of course, you are white, Anglo Saxon, protestant).

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

reply to post by seabag

Here's an idea. Why not change your ATS avatar to the Waffen SS symbol if it not that offensive?
Because it is.

Try it. I'll give you a day at most before the mods pull it off your profile. By the way the flag the snipers posed behind was an authentic replica Nazi flag.

The whole thing is un-American (unless of course, you are white, Anglo Saxon, protestant).

I'm guessing he won't do that because:
A) He's not a marine Scout Sniper and it would be disingenuous of him, and also disrespectful to the REAL scout snipers.

and

B) He's not a Nazi.

If he was a Marine Scout sniper, i'm sure he'd have no problems using one of the Scout Sniper images he posted.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by caf1550

SS SCOUT SNIPER showing honor to not only your MOS but the unit you are in , its people like you who take s*** so personally thats makes the rest of the world think we are giant pussies, its people like you, no matter how much you obvisoulsy hate the military that don't realize the sacrafice we make, not seeing family for years at times, husbands being away from wives and children in warzones not knowing if they will ever see them again.

Theres the superiority complex. "Look at us, we do things you could only imagine, civilian!"

We have a volunteer force. No one forced you to sign up. To me, that whining sounds more like a "giant pussy" than anything else, you are like the 35 year old complaining about how his knees hurt from playing high school ball. It was your decision to go to another country and blow people away. I paid for it, and will pay for it in taxes for years to come. Go whine to someone else.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Qemyst

Oh lord.

Oh no. That sure does prove that the Marines are using a Nazi symbol!

These Native Americans must be Nazi's too.

Well, considering those Native Americans were using the symbol at least 20 years before it symbolized Nazis, unless they were time travelers from after the 1940s, you can hardly compare the two.

One group knew about the atrocities the Nazis committed. One group didnt. Why are you treating them as the same? That is being intellectually dishonest, bordering on outright lying. Isnt lying against Marine ideals?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join