It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia : We will take DRASTIC measures if the west doesn't stop their BS with Syria

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
reply to post by isaac7777

I agree with you but the world doesn't work that way unfortunately. I mean, if the US government was run by honest, pro-freedom people, I would say go for it.

But guess what, they are murdering thieves. We can't trust them.

They will bomb Syria with DU and then put a worst dictatorship than Assad if we let them attack Syria.

Amen brother, just look at Santorum, and imagine what he would do if he got in control of the U.S.

BOOOM

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

I wonder how hard it would be to send a few elite commandos into Syria to assassinate Assad...

If the US wants to help Syria, do it cleanly. Take out Assad. Find him with a drone or satellite, send a cruise missile up his butt. Problem solved.

No Assad : the army will give up.

Agree, but america doesn´t want that, they want a reason to send their army in so they can start nation building, military bases and their trademark "U.S two party system of democracy"

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Kenrichaed

I agree with you. Lets turn our Military Services into FOR HIRE. Then its legit Crapitalistic Corporate moneymaker fair and square. Dick makes money. We make money. Soldiers are then for Hire.No more God and Country and not a tax burden. Great Idea. I am all in.
Lets see what will happen, International opinion? Who cares, we have the muscle Right?
Heck lets name it Dicks Wrecking Service.

That will make those little countries think twice.

Kenrichaed, this what you had in mind? somehow I didn't think so

*Dick = Dick Cheney *

edit on 10-2-2012 by rebellender because: added a word in edge wise

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain

Originally posted by justwokeup
reply to post by Vitchilo

I often agree with you, but not this time. Its not the government of any countries right to be murdering its own people.

The correct role for the UN in this is not in arming one side against the other its in trying to broker a truce.

Thats not going to happen with Russia blocking any action to Sanction the Assad regime. At the moment the logical course for Assad its to murder his opponents into submission with Russian and Chinese blessing.

That said, its entirely inappropriate to arm the rebels or support their cause/demands overtly. The only immediate demand should be cessation of hostilities.

That russia has time invested in Assad and a strategic interest in the country is understood. However I feel a chance is being missed here to lead rather than be cast as the villains accomplice.

Justwokeup eh? Stilll sleeping more like it...

If only, the world was a more comfortable place back then :-)

Which part do you specifically object to?

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
If the american people when on the streets demanding that the government be abolish't.
do you think they would step down? NO!

and if the people when on a riot with the government stomping on them.
like it has many times. america has shot and killed americans.
remember the Vietnam protests?

and they way obama is changing the laws.
you can see the american people will get stompt on again.

its not like all of Syria is rioting against the goverment.
the news you get will never give you the true facts.
why is america the police and army dictator of the world?
let them sort there own mess out.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Russia and talk talk talk. I am sure that plays well at home (and they really need something at this point) but, all it does is globaly is continue to isolate them and make them look impotent.
edit on 10-2-2012 by MrSpad because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by rebellender

You do know that Mr. Cheney is no longer in office don't you?

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Halliburton and KBR are just 2 of the Largest Money Names in the International Energy and Security World

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Obama is a p*ssy, lets get this war started, Im tired of waiting....nuke the whole region and turn it into glass...nothing of any real value there anyway.......

While we're at it, everyone nuke everyone, that way it'll be even...and then maybe I can get some dam sleep.

We'll have a chance to start over, no more rich people, no more poor people, just animals, mano a mano...like it was meant to be.

I got the lawn chair and some jiffy pop...I want explosions......cause as it stands as a tax payer...I sure as hell aint gettin my moneys worth.....If Im bailing out banks......I want explosions and death.....I want to feel entertained for my money being stolen from me by my unelected highly appointed officials who bought the courts and circumvented the constitution to get in office...hell with the fact that I didn't vote for em..

I want either my money back as a tax payer, or I want to see 3rd world countries glow in the dark....might want to add the US to that because as it stands we are pretty much a 3rd world country now thanks to the high mighty Emperor POTUS and his cabinet of nobleman and czars......

Really folks, its time to clean up our own back yard......not only are the weeds growin and the fence is collapsed, but our cat has an STD and there's dog poo everywhere.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by BooKrackers

If Standard Oil would have had backing from the U.S. government when they discovered the oil in Saudi Arabia, all that territory would belong to us now and we would not have the myriad of problems with energy or threats directly related to it that we do today.

Instead, Congress and the beloved FDR were too afraid of interfering in other nations affairs. Because of this "bury your head in the sand mentality," we missed a great opportunity to drastically increase our security.

People need to learn from history but instead today we just seem to want to repeat it.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Here is my position on this thread. Russia is blowing its horn on the Syrian Front. Its just announcing it backs middle eastern countries and is positioning its self for the up coming War effort. I think its pretty important for Russia to align its self to China. Syria is the picking sides and looking at the shoes adjusting ruck sacks smelling CLR on the new rifles time. Sizing up the opponents as it were.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

You may remember me stating years ago that I got a 'hit' that when Syria becomes the focus, everything will get very serious and WWIII will be coming.

This is not the kind of heads up I wanted, but thank you for bringing it to my attention none the less.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

If Standard Oil would have had backing from the U.S. government when they discovered the oil in Saudi Arabia, all that territory would belong to us now

No, actually, your not going to take Mecca from the Arabs, standard oil or no standard oil. From the Arabs perspective, Zion isnt going to take anything from Arabia. Getting away from the PHD books and into the real world seems Western oil barons make money if the Persian Gulf implodes. Do you see MR. Cheney talking the US Government into subsidizing gasoline to its citizens like even the Evil tyrant Gaddafi did for his people. Somehow I dont see it that way. what do you think,
edit on 10-2-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by rebellender

They could've kept Mecca, that is not in our interest whatsoever and frankly it was the people traveling there that was their main source of income. All we should have kept were the sand dunes with oil reserves buried under it.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain
reply to post by isaac7777

So even you admit, that if a country is murdering it´s own citizens, a revolt would be proper. So why aren´t you revolting?

The U.S kills more of it´s own citizens each year than any other country on earth. And not just from lethal injection either, just don´t forget to add all the soldiers that are killed by the non-stop double war foreign policy

edit on 10-2-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

The U.S is murdering its own civilians? Last I checked, people arent getting murdered on the streets. In our wars, how many soldiers have we lost? The amount of soldiers weve lost, is equal to Assads killings in a few weeks. Get your head out of your ass. Stop defending these regimes that deserve to be torn down. And you know, Russia can talk all it wants, its still pathetic. It has a big bark, but no bite.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by isaac7777

Another warning... and a BIG ONE to the west to stop interfering in Syria...

Russia accuses West of stoking Syria conflict by arming rebels

Russia said on Friday that the West was stoking the conflict in Syria by sending weapons to the opponents of President Bashar Assad.

Probably. Iran is helping Assad.

"The UN council is not a tool for intervention in internal affairs and is not the agency to decide which government is to be next in one country or another," Ryabkov said. "If our foreign partners don't understand that, we will have to use drastic measures to return them to real grounds."

I wonder what that would be... giving high tech weapons to Syria/Iran? Arming Hezbollah?

Who knows. Yes Assad is killing his own people. But guess what, it's Syria's people business. We have no right to intervene, even if we all want the killing to stop. Would you want Russia and China bombing the US if a revolt began? I don't think so.

So you are condoning the murder* of innocents in Syria? Sounds like it. Is Russia condoning it? Most definitely. Nothing wrong with sending weapons to his opponents, good for them that they now have a fighting chance against Assad. And its right for Iran to send 15,000 troops to Syria? How about we* send 15,000 of our elite troops to back the rebels? Also its not only Syrias business...its humanitys* business. I would give my life equally for any human on this planet, whether he is American, Iranian, Ethiopian, Chinese, whatever, and im sure many others would as well. And yes, if the US government was murdering its own citizens, and we led a revolt, although we wouldnt need the help of the Chinese or the Russians, id love it. Its time for change in the world.
edit on 10-2-2012 by isaac7777 because: (no reason given)

Since when do Zionist lovers call Al Qaeda and radical Islamists underdogs that have to be supported. It has been proven that we are supporting the same criminals we supported in Libya.

How dumb do people in western countries have to be not to realize that and moreover fall for the same BS again.

edit on 11-2-2012 by ALF88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
The tactic deployed by the West seems to be that we first send in human rights organizations. Then, there is protests. When those erupt, we send in weapons. We wait, and suddenly rebels capture cities. At this point UN is used so we can help the "people". Civil war erupts and we either go in, or buy the rebels. This is the modern method used for taking over countries. It is calculated. What we do is basically starting civil wars all over the place. It might be that the kind western approach to protect the civilians is just a ploy to steal resources. But, let's not forget that the bodycount and timeframe of civil wars is pretty grim.

Right now the west are sending in HUGE amounts of weapons into Syria. The deaths happening in this country can be blamed on the west. Russia wants to keep their military bases in Syria. But, USA is using protesters as human shields so that they can get another base in World War III. Meanwhile some of the same people who are arming the rebels in Syria is advocating a weapons embargo. The amount of lies in US forreign policy is staggering.According to USA, Syria should let rebels take over their country and not do anything with those cities where lawlessness has taken over.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I have a few issues with this latest attempt to protect the little guy. The biggest is the lack of support we show the countries with the biggest issues of internal conflict. How many countries in Africa are still in a violent civil war with tens of thousands being raped, killed and recruited? Burma?

You want to send me somewhere that's worth our time? Try rolling some Abrams across the border into the backyard of some cartel?

I'm not saying what's happening in Syria is right, but it's a political issue. Not a race issue like Bosnia. When China and Russia veto'd they automatically inherited responsibility for the issue in my opinion. Let their people tell their government how to act.

Not to seem uncaring but we have enough people closer to home stealing our kids and trafficking drugs across our border.

Ok that was my vent for the month. Now back to the UFO section...

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Syria is a sovereign country and as such has every right to handle it's own internal affairs, without outside interference. The activist and revolutionaries are drawing the attention of the world to problems inside Syria, but it is they that are endangering the civilians by hiding among the general population. If they wanted to ensure that they were the only targets of the Syrian Army then they would leave the heavily populated areas and draw the battle into the areas that are less populated. If Americans were fighting each other like during the civil war then wouldn't we all resent and repel any outside intervention? When the US and NATO get involved there will be more civilian casualties than there are right now, just like there was in Libya Bombs dropped from the air are less discriminate and more devastating than Assad's artillery and small arms fire. While I do not condone the use of the military to quell the populace by any country, it is not the US's place to police the world and right all the wrongs. This self-same neocon ideology has not served our country in the past nor will it in the future. If the US continues to try and play the big kid in the school yard then we as a country deserve what happens even if it is war with Russia or China.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Read the arab league observor mission's report on Syria.

The so called free syrian army is murdering civilians and soldiers.Homs is the hotbed for this.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join