It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia : We will take DRASTIC measures if the west doesn't stop their BS with Syria

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Another warning...after this one and a BIG ONE to the west to stop interfering in Syria...

Russia accuses West of stoking Syria conflict by arming rebels

Russia said on Friday that the West was stoking the conflict in Syria by sending weapons to the opponents of President Bashar Assad.

Probably. Iran is helping Assad.

"The UN council is not a tool for intervention in internal affairs and is not the agency to decide which government is to be next in one country or another," Ryabkov said. "If our foreign partners don't understand that, we will have to use drastic measures to return them to real grounds."

I wonder what that would be... giving high tech weapons to Syria/Iran? Arming Hezbollah?

Who knows. Yes Assad is killing his own people. But guess what, it's Syria's people business. We have no right to intervene, even if we all want the killing to stop. Would you want Russia and China bombing the US if a revolt began? I don't think so.
edit on 10-2-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I understand where you are coming from. I don't want war and do not think we should be policing anyone.

HOWEVER I do believe in standing up for the underdog. Right now in the US we have a BIG problem with bullying. On the radio this morning I was glad to hear the DJ's commercial in regards to bullying and standing up, otherwise you are a part of the problem by not standing up to bullying. Kids are killing them selves left and right over it and it is so sad!

If the people of Syria are crying out for help then why is Russia not with the US standing up for the rights of the people?

Im in no way condoning the US going in other Countries and causing a war but I am all for helping people.

I don't think for a minute our leaders REALLY care about the people. They probably have another agenda.

Who knows....it is so confusing and I can hardly keep up with the news of each day. The times we are living in are interesting indeed!!!

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Another warning... and a BIG ONE to the west to stop interfering in Syria...

Russia accuses West of stoking Syria conflict by arming rebels

Russia said on Friday that the West was stoking the conflict in Syria by sending weapons to the opponents of President Bashar Assad.

Probably. Iran is helping Assad.

"The UN council is not a tool for intervention in internal affairs and is not the agency to decide which government is to be next in one country or another," Ryabkov said. "If our foreign partners don't understand that, we will have to use drastic measures to return them to real grounds."

I wonder what that would be... giving high tech weapons to Syria/Iran? Arming Hezbollah?

Who knows. Yes Assad is killing his own people. But guess what, it's Syria's people business. We have no right to intervene, even if we all want the killing to stop. Would you want Russia and China bombing the US if a revolt began? I don't think so.

So you are condoning the murder* of innocents in Syria? Sounds like it. Is Russia condoning it? Most definitely. Nothing wrong with sending weapons to his opponents, good for them that they now have a fighting chance against Assad. And its right for Iran to send 15,000 troops to Syria? How about we* send 15,000 of our elite troops to back the rebels? Also its not only Syrias business...its humanitys* business. I would give my life equally for any human on this planet, whether he is American, Iranian, Ethiopian, Chinese, whatever, and im sure many others would as well. And yes, if the US government was murdering its own citizens, and we led a revolt, although we wouldnt need the help of the Chinese or the Russians, id love it. Its time for change in the world.
edit on 10-2-2012 by isaac7777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

I often agree with you, but not this time. Its not the government of any countries right to be murdering its own people.

The correct role for the UN in this is not in arming one side against the other its in trying to broker a truce.

Thats not going to happen with Russia blocking any action to Sanction the Assad regime. At the moment the logical course for Assad its to murder his opponents into submission with Russian and Chinese blessing.

That said, its entirely inappropriate to arm the rebels or support their cause/demands overtly. The only immediate demand should be cessation of hostilities.

That russia has time invested in Assad and a strategic interest in the country is understood. However I feel a chance is being missed here to lead rather than be cast as the villains accomplice.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by isaac7777

I agree with you but the world doesn't work that way unfortunately. I mean, if the US government was run by honest, pro-freedom people, I would say go for it.

But guess what, they are murdering thieves. We can't trust them.

They will bomb Syria with DU and then put a worst dictatorship than Assad if we let them attack Syria.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
America needs to stay out of other country's "issues" or "problems" and instead work on fixing the KNOWN "problems" and "issues" right HERE in America.

We're not even close to being in the proper shape or condition to be resolving the alleged "issues" and "problems" of other countries. We need to take care of the KNOWN "problems" and "issues" HERE for crying out loud.

edit on 10-2-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by justwokeup

Well totally, the goal should be truce. Assad should be brought before the courts for war crimes. There should be elections in Syria.

What about instead of spending who knows how many billions on bombing Syria or arming the rebels, the money is spent to HELP THE POOR around the world? The ratio of help/$$$ would be much higher and it wouldn't enrich the war industry.

Win/win.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

America doesn't need to bury its head in the sand, it needs to use the power it has to gain every possible advantage for its citizens. I agree with taking care of problems at home but I feel you can do both. These people whining that this State or that State has rights and we should leave them alone, need to study some history and see what happens to the world when we don't get involved.

It makes a bigger problem we have to deal with down the road.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Russia are nobodys, they cant even look after their own people or nation. # them.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
no more vodka ? no more 300 lb female weight lifters ?

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I wonder how hard it would be to send a few elite commandos into Syria to assassinate Assad...

If the US wants to help Syria, do it cleanly. Take out Assad. Find him with a drone or satellite, send a cruise missile up his butt. Problem solved.

No Assad : the army will give up.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

This is precisely what we should have did in Iraq instead of spending the money we did to try and help them rebuild. There was no reason to destroy their infrastructure to the extent we did especially if we have to pay to get it back up.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Hey we wouldn't want Russia to cut off our access to mail order brides now would we?

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismicha77
Hey we wouldn't want Russia to cut off our access to mail order brides now would we?

Well Russia could cut off NATO's supply route to Afghanistan that go through Russia... That would sure be a pain in the butt.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Obama would never covertly arm the rebels in Syria.

He is the peacemaker. He won the peace prize. Everyone loves him. He is making friends for us all over the world.

Russians....pffft.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Man, i am starting to LOVE russia! And i always hated them before

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Yeah standing up against bullying is important. So who is the biggest bully in the world today?

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by isaac7777

So even you admit, that if a country is murdering it´s own citizens, a revolt would be proper. So why aren´t you revolting?

The U.S kills more of it´s own citizens each year than any other country on earth. And not just from lethal injection either, just don´t forget to add all the soldiers that are killed by the non-stop double war foreign policy

edit on 10-2-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by justwokeup

I often agree with you, but not this time. Its not the government of any countries right to be murdering its own people.

The correct role for the UN in this is not in arming one side against the other its in trying to broker a truce.

Thats not going to happen with Russia blocking any action to Sanction the Assad regime. At the moment the logical course for Assad its to murder his opponents into submission with Russian and Chinese blessing.

That said, its entirely inappropriate to arm the rebels or support their cause/demands overtly. The only immediate demand should be cessation of hostilities.

That russia has time invested in Assad and a strategic interest in the country is understood. However I feel a chance is being missed here to lead rather than be cast as the villains accomplice.

Justwokeup eh? Stilll sleeping more like it...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join