It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Gay Marriage" apparently not all it was cracked up to be

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by marinesniper0317
Ahhh I guess that means more available woman for me to procreate the natural way with...GO HOMOSEXUALITY...I will get laid more, when I return to the US...

How do you think gays had children in the past?

There is nothing wrong with their reproductive system.

But - - would you really feel it fair if you were forced into gay sex by society?
That proves it. There is something wrong in their brain which tells them to use the system in well, some ways.
I think the brain's reproductive program is missing in those brains. lol.
I wonder why American Institute changed it's views on this issue.(snip).

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ClydeFrog42

but nobodies telling them that traditional marriage is a sham.

On the contrary, au contraire mon frere

did you see how many stars this post by hawking got? practically half the posts in thread are saying exactly that.

If you are "pro gay rights" the term marriage shouldn't bother you.. And straight couples have been destroying the sanctity of marriage long before any gay couple has had a chance to.

edit on 10-2-2012 by MathiasAndrew because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

Perhaps you could tell us more about the vendetta against straight people and then we can tell you about the vendetta against gay people.

How many people do you know of that have been killed, "murdered", because they were straight? There are gay people being killed every day just because they are gay. Vendetta against straight people? You make me laugh!

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

Also, you have some serious issues with your dog, you might want to see a therapist about that.

You have some serious issues with your sexuality. you might want to see a therapist about that.

You see that is the perfect example of the hypocrisy that exist on your side of this debate. Just because you don't approve does not make me "mentally disturbed" or "needing therapy". Just because you don't approve does not make my love any less valid than yours.

YOU ARE A HYPOCRITE

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
On the whole, all this thread is producing is negativity. To sum it all up, marriage is not, as all things in life, perfect. But, it still is held in high regard. That is why people still, whether it be gay or straight, want to get married. Giving as many examples as to how marriage is a joke, unneccesary, results in infedility and divorce will not take away the meaning of the word "marriage". What i am getting at is that people are always going to have varying opinions on this matter, whether it be due to upbringing, religion, what u think, whatever... but what there needs to be now is a clear cut, legal definition of "marriage". And for any law to be completely unbiased is impossible, remember that. I think the post opened up ignorant really. I mean who cares if a couple is getting divorced. The main issue is whether or not it is legal. Trying to be unbiased and put things in perspective.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by MathiasAndrew

So what you are saying is that gay people should give up their fight for equal rights and start fighting for the rights of polygamists? Why can't polygamists fight their own fight?

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by wiser3
reply to post by SteveR

Perhaps you could tell us more about the vendetta against straight people and then we can tell you about the vendetta against gay people.

How many people do you know of that have been killed, "murdered", because they were straight? There are gay people being killed every day just because they are gay. Vendetta against straight people? You make me laugh!
Throughout history society has condemned evil.
I don't condone killing but i don't condone evil too.

Making nanny arguments are we???

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

But - - would you really feel it fair if you were forced into gay sex by society?

So that's why they are spending so much time forcing grade school children into thinking about gay sex during class hours. They are just getting back at straights. Sounds like retribution.
edit on 10-2-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by markuz93

The main issue is whether or not it is legal.

Currently in the state of California, where this couple lived, it is legal.

In about 40 other states it is not legal.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   

I'm pretty aware of my sexuality.

You're grasping as straws here. I hope you can do a better job convincing the Justice and Peace that you should be allowed to marry your dog.

Hardly an example of hypocrisy. But I will admit, everyone is a hypocrite in some way..

edit on 10-2-2012 by Miraj because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by deepankarm

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by marinesniper0317
Ahhh I guess that means more available woman for me to procreate the natural way with...GO HOMOSEXUALITY...I will get laid more, when I return to the US...

How do you think gays had children in the past?

There is nothing wrong with their reproductive system.

That proves it. There is something wrong in their brain which tells them to use the system in well, some ways.
I think the brain's reproductive program is missing in those brains. lol.
I wonder why American Institute changed it's views on this issue.(snip).

What?

Did you get dizzy spinning that?

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   

No scientific proof needed as far as I am concerned, I knew by the time that I was in primary school that I was different because I didn't have the same interest in girls as the other boys did! And NO it wasn't a choice I made! So now according to most of the anti-gay establishment I should shut the f up, stay celibate to keep them happy! What about my feelings, my happiness? I have no problem with straight people and what they do why should they feel that they have the right to dictate to me?
I so wish that you, any of you, could know what it feels like to be told, continuously, that you are wrong, that you are evil, that you don't belong!
Do you know what it feels like to be afraid to just walk down a street? To be scared your whole life long? To be judged for something that you have no control over?
It's so easy for you all to judge and justify why being gay is wrong but just for once think about how you would react if you were batting for the other team!

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by wiser3

No scientific proof needed as far as I am concerned, I knew by the time that I was in primary school that I was different because I didn't have the same interest in girls as the other boys did! And NO it wasn't a choice I made! So now according to most of the anti-gay establishment I should shut the f up, stay celibate to keep them happy! What about my feelings, my happiness? I have no problem with straight people and what they do why should they feel that they have the right to dictate to me?
I so wish that you, any of you, could know what it feels like to be told, continuously, that you are wrong, that you are evil, that you don't belong!
Do you know what it feels like to be afraid to just walk down a street? To be scared your whole life long? To be judged for something that you have no control over?
It's so easy for you all to judge and justify why being gay is wrong but just for once think about how you would react if you were batting for the other team!

All Humans are at one time FEMALE while in their Mothers womb...a Hormone Here or there...a Genetic Order on a Atomic level and you get either a Male or Female or a person with Both Sex Organs...or double x or double y or Various different levels of Gay in either direction or not interested in sex at all.
It is mostly Biological although I have no problem with choice...but to deny it is Biological is just stupid.
Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I believe gay couples should have every right to be "Married". With that said, they need to be bound to the same laws as straight couples. They must be liable for child support and alimony,as well as, all the other ridiculous laws married cuoples must abide by. So, yes, all of the positive and negative responsibilities for a marriage must apply

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by deepankarm

What is your point? You don't have one!
Your post means nothing!

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by wiser3

Sorry here in the USA we don't call it primary school. I don't know what age you are talking about.

The request for verification was about the comment that children know their sexuality by age 3 or 4.

Is that the same age as children in primary school? No ? I didn't think so.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Okay, I'll bite! By the age of 7 or is that too old?

Here it goes like this:

Kindergarten
Primary School
Secondary School

then any post school institution: University, College etc etc!
Is that specific enough?

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
What I find most concerning and repulsive is that when I state that GAYS SHOULD BE GIVEN THE SAME RIGHTS as other couples. But just don't call it marriage, call it domestic partners or civil unions.

All the creeps put down their poppers and come crawling out of their dungeons wearing their gimp suits and start acting like I just declared open hunting season on the entire gay community and culture.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by MathiasAndrew
What I find most concerning and repulsive is that when I state that GAYS SHOULD BE GIVEN THE SAME RIGHTS as other couples. But just don't call it marriage, call it domestic partners or civil unions.

All the creeps put down their poppers and come crawling out of their dungeons wearing their gimp suits and start acting like I just declared open hunting season on the entire gay community and culture.

It's not as though your sentiment isn't noticed and appreciated but you are still saying that we can't have exactly the same equality. You have provided a perfectly reasonable argument as well.

Your argument, which to my understanding relates mainly to terminology, is sound enough until you actually think about why gays are asked not to use the word marriage.

Because of a religious tradition, perhaps? Well, the word marriage - or at least it's latin ancestor - predates most of todays popular religions, including christianity.

Because of a social tradition then? That's a more palatable argument because it doesn't stem from blind hatred or misunderstanding. It's also just as easy to sway on due to social traditions constantly changing or updating.

It's been mentioned before that if anyone wants a specific word for what marriage is, they can pick a term and use it, such as 'holy matrimony' for christians. But if it is a legal term, is should be the same across the board for all.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join