It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Gay Marriage" apparently not all it was cracked up to be

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

This girl would have the same GID if she were raised by two heterosexual parents. But guess what? It would possibly be worse, because she is an extreme case. If there were two non-accepting parents then she would probably end up an extremely high suicide risk.

Think before you speak. It will help you look like you don't have any issues in your brain either.

You're telling me to think before I speak???

You're the one calling an 11 yr old boy "she"

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by deepankarm

Originally posted by Garfee

Originally posted by MathiasAndrew
Well I'm quite surprised at all the responses. The pro gay marriage crowd has made some good points but mostly they have just displayed their own bigotry and hypocrisy. They have also displayed a complete lack of respect for other people who disagree with them.

Why the hell shouldn't we? Seriously mate, we have pretty well just about had enough of other people's opinions of us - good or bad. Keep your damn opinion to yourself if it is hurtful or derogatory, or be called on it.

This isn't bigotry or hypocracy, sorry to burst your bubble.
Aliens taught you logic mate.
Stop whining when you get the same dose.

English not your first language is it matey?

Got anything you'd like to add, like oh I dunno...words that form a sentence?

edit on 9-2-2012 by Garfee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Village Idiot
How the hell did I manage to click on a "Gay marriage" thread ......... need to buy glasses

but now that I'm here....... I'll ask the question........ what's everyone's interest in other peoples lives?

Do you feel a need to do God's bidding?........... is she on holiday??

Please come back Bruce Almighty...... there are way too many wannabes around
Men have left your society i think.
It's sad but reading your girlish comments, i need not to research.

link   
reply to post by MathiasAndrew

And I know some transsexuals who went through a very self destructive phase because they didn't.

Know of plenty who killed themselves.

Don't laugh, because your god might kick your ass as a parent and give you this situation in your children.
And I guarantee you will fail miserably.

link   
reply to post by Village Idiot

Please come back Bruce Almighty...... there are way too many wannabes around

I think Evan Almighty did a better job than Bruce.

BTW..... Bruce has got to be one of the gayest names for a man.... Sorry to all the Bruce's that are not gay but it's true.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

While they may have male sex organs they are mentally a female. In cases like this the brain either doesn't received enough androgen or is resistant to androgen during development. As a result it develops as a female brain. Now would you say it's more humane to let the child live its life with a brain and body that doesn't mesh leading to a lifelong identity crisis or that it's more humane to attempt to reconcile the difference between brain and body?

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Let me enlighten you. You do not get to decide who someone else is.

And pursuing attempts to do so makes you look like an incredible asshole.

Show me what kind of person your loving god has made you.

Show me that you're worth the time as an understanding human being. What are you going to say to your god when he asked you why you spent your time insulting the lives of vulnerable individuals?

Are you going to tell that loving and forgiving god that you were simply doing his will?

Pathetic.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Marriage is between a man and woman. Civil unions are for two members of the same sex. Deal with it.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
Marriage is between a man and woman. Civil unions are for two members of the same sex. Deal with it.

Well thank you for laying the law down there, fella. We will all just listen to you.

Got a valid reason or you just like to boss people around?

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

However, that treads dangerously close to the "separate but equal" line. If a specific religious institution wants to use a particular term to refer to the union between a man and a woman that's their business. When it comes to a legal definition though both straight marriage and same-sex marriage should fall under the same term.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

Yes mate.
English isn't my native language.
I just want to say that you can't tell anyone to hold his/her opinions.
If anyone has a different view, you label him/her as a bigot and others.
Why turn to insults ???

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

reply to post by Annee

Well I do support equal rights.

Why don't gays support the rights of polygamists?

Lame.

Gays are not a group think. They are individuals - - just like every one else.

I'm sure some gays do support polygamy - - just as some straight people do.

And some don't - - just like some straight people don't.

It's a valid question. Gays and polygamists both subscribe to alternative lifestyles.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

That might be true. But you don't see hetro parents giving their 11yr old child hormone blockers and letting their boy run around in a dress.

Just heard a story about a hetro parent trying to chop up his two young sons with a hatchet and then blowing up his house killing them all. Any idea how many weird/horror stories from 'traditional' families can be posted?

What was your point again?
edit on Thu Feb 9 2012 by Rren because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

While they may have male sex organs they are mentally a female. In cases like this the brain either doesn't received enough androgen or is resistant to androgen during development. As a result it develops as a female brain. Now would you say it's more humane to let the child live its life with a brain and body that doesn't mesh leading to a lifelong identity crisis or that it's more humane to attempt to reconcile the difference between brain and body?

You do realize that the child is question is an 11 yr old boy who has not even entered into puberty?

The parents are giving the child hormone blockers to prevent any kind of androgen hormones.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by Dark Ghost

However, that treads dangerously close to the "separate but equal" line. If a specific religious institution wants to use a particular term to refer to the union between a man and a woman that's their business. When it comes to a legal definition though both straight marriage and same-sex marriage should fall under the same term.
Spot on mate.
It's a way to attack on religion and religious views.....

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by deepankarm

When your view opresses me, I'll do whatever I bloody like to stop you.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

Just what the majority of the world thinks, buddy. Have a look here if you don't believe me: Same-sex marriage legislation around the world

Seems like the vast majority of countries around the world do no equate "Gay Marriage" with "Marriage" (not just my opinion).

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Sexual identity forms as early as 3 and gender identity forms somewhere around 5-7. By the age of 11 a child will know not only whether they identify as male or female, but they will also know who they are attracted to.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rren

That might be true. But you don't see hetro parents giving their 11yr old child hormone blockers and letting their boy run around in a dress.

Just heard a story about a hetro parent trying to chop up his two young sons with a hatchet and then blowing up his house killing them all. Any idea how many weird/horror stories from 'traditional' families can be posted?

What was your point again?
edit on Thu Feb 9 2012 by Rren because: (no reason given)
Yeah, 'family' should be blamed for the mental illness of individuals. Sorry mate.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Sexual identity forms as early as 3 and gender identity forms somewhere around 5-7. By the age of 11 a child will know not only whether they identify as male or female, but they will also know who they are attracted to.

Well I have to respectfully disagree with that statement.

Do you have any sources of scientific studies to support your theory?

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join