It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Gay Marriage" apparently not all it was cracked up to be

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by MathiasAndrew

I know it is a bit of a stretch to use the "marry my dog analogy" but it really isn't that far off. I'm not saying that a gay person is comparable to a dog in any way. What I am saying is some people are either born with different sexual preferences. Some people actually chose to sleep with animals and love them. Why doesn't the gay community defend their rights also? Why are they all so offended when someone wants to jump on the "I can marry who ever I want" bandwagon? I'll tell you why, they are just as judgmental, hypocritical, bigots as any one else who opposes their view.

A bit of a stretch, it's completely nonsensical to compare marrying a dog to marrying another human being. Why would the gay community defend the right for people to have sex with animals? That's just as absurd. It is not right for a human to have sex with a animal but there is nothing wrong with a human wanting to have sex with another human so long as it's not their own family. Bestiality is completely different then homosexuality.
I'm not offended if someone wants to marry another human being that is not their own family. I think that as long as you are a human who loves another human, so long as they are not family, there should be nothing wrong with their union. Why do people get married? Because they love another human and want to spend the rest of their lives devoting themselves to the other person. It's about LOVE!!!!! So again I say, as long as you are not wanting to marry your own family, then there is nothing wrong with a HUMAN wanting to marry another HUMAN!

This article many not be a typical case, but it shows what can happen when a gay couple raises a child of the opposite sex. I doubt this child would have the same gender identity issues if his parents had been two gay males or a straight couple. I'm sure it's possible but I doubt it

People from all walks of life suffer from identity issues. Way back before gay couples were raising kids there have been people who suffer from identity issues. If his parents were two gay males or a straight couple then they would still likely suffer from gender identity issues. You really should do some research on identity issues before you start blaming it on gay couples.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
reply to post by Garfee

Just what the majority of the world thinks, buddy. Have a look here if you don't believe me: Same-sex marriage legislation around the world

Seems like the vast majority of countries around the world do no equate "Gay Marriage" with "Marriage" (not just my opinion).

It's called baby steps, mate.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by staver

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by knoledgeispower

Why should homosexual couples not be allowed to call it a marriage?

What does it matter what they call it? Why does it matter so much to them as long as they can have it? Perhaps they are not willing to make a modest compromise. After al, since they view their stuff as special, to be treated in a special manner with special classes dedicated to promote it as if they were an endangered species to be protected at all costs (by the State), then why do they insist it has to be called the same thing as a traditionally defined marriage?

Why should they have to compromise? That means they somehow don't deserve the same rights. Why is this so hard for people to get? Is it just so straight people can maintain an air of superiority?
edit on 9-2-2012 by staver because: edited for quotations.

You don't understand. My commentary is about how they expect special rights and priveleges and classes teaching children how to be tolerant. It's their own fault they behave like an endangered species, demanding all this special attention, and then complain when they don't get the sameness.
edit on 9-2-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Garfee
reply to post by deepankarm

When your view opresses me, I'll do whatever I bloody like to stop you.
Bang on mate.
I always knew this is the reality of all your 'gay' revolution.
You are a bunch of hypocrites always pulling out victim card to validate your evil ways.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Yes - - and they're going in the correct direction.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

There's a lot of scientific evidence to his statements.

It's something pretty well understood by anyone who's studied the subject, or has known transgendered individuals.
Why do you think you were told to educate yourself earlier in the thread?

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by deepankarm

Bang on mate.
You are a bunch of hypocrites always pulling out victim card to validate your evil ways.

Hey, I don't oppress you so don't oppress me.

It's so simple, along the lines of, 'do unto other's as you would have them do unto you'.

But the likes of you prefer to step in the ring and pull punches and when you get hit back you cry foul.
edit on 9-2-2012 by Garfee because: idiot spelling

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

There's a lot of scientific evidence to his statements.

There's also a lot of scientific evidence that disagrees with his statement.

If there's so much "evidence" why haven't you or him provided any of it?

Or I suppose I'm just supposed to take your word for it right?

Why don't you educate yourself and provide some ACTUAL EVIDENCE.

I don't want to listen to a bunch of hot air from uneducated fools who think they know something because someone else told them and they agree. Sorry, I'm not buying it.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

All countries around the world don't have girly men dear who can't stand up against evil.
You never had any civilization to begin with and you won't have any to turn to.
Your views were once controlled by religious fanatics and now by hypocritical bigots. Both are equally dangerous.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Looks like even the Totalitarian UN hasn't gotten there yet, which surprises me(not that I believe the UN should have the right to trump invdividual States).

Several attempts have been made to establish a right to same-sex marriage at international level through strategic litigation. These attempts have remained unsuccessful. In the case of Joslin vs. New Zealand,[9] the UN Human Rights Committee found that the right to marry under article 23, paragraph 2, of the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights has been "consistently and uniformly understood as indicating that" the obligation of State Parties to the Covenant is "to recognize as marriage only the union between a man and a woman wishing to marry each other".

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 10-2-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

All countries around the world don't have girly men

Stereotype much?

Most gay men you wouldn't know if they were standing next to you.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by knoledgeispower

A bit of a stretch, it's completely nonsensical to compare marrying a dog to marrying another human being. Why would the gay community defend the right for people to have sex with animals? That's just as absurd. It is not right for a human to have sex with a animal but there is nothing wrong with a human wanting to have sex with another human so long as it's not their own family. Bestiality is completely different then homosexuality. I'm not offended if someone wants to marry another human being that is not their own family. I think that as long as you are a human who loves another human, so long as they are not family, there should be nothing wrong with their union. Why do people get married? Because they love another human and want to spend the rest of their lives devoting themselves to the other person. It's about LOVE!!!!! So again I say, as long as you are not wanting to marry your own family, then there is nothing wrong with a HUMAN wanting to marry another HUMAN!

Well if you say you want the right to marry a person of the same gender, then I say I want to marry my dog. I love my dog and my dog loves me. I DO NOT want to have sex with my dog, but I want my relationship to be recognized as a legal marriage.

Why should you have the right to marry whomever you like but I can't? Again, you're all a bunch of hypocrites

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

If gays want equality, they should not launch a war of conquest on straight society. If gays want to be respected, they should not appropriate words and traditions that have been a part of straight society for millenia. If gays truly respected themselves, they would not want or need our words and traditions.

For over a millenia the church, who created the traditions of marriage, has been holding society, not just the straight but all of society, back from moving forward. The church long ago passed dogmatic views that have corrupted society and held back the growth of society as a whole.
Homosexuals are not "launching a war of conquest on straight society" they are wanting the same rights and freedom as Heterosexuals because they are HUMAN just like Heterosexuals. Saying that they don't deserve the same rights and freedoms that a heterosexual is like saying an African American doesn't deserve the same rights and freedoms as Caucasians.

Gays are not capable of having the same relationships as straight people - gays have different kinds of relationships, based on a union of similarity not a union of difference.

Really? What is so different about a relationship between a homosexual and a heterosexual? Other then how they have sex, NOTHING! They want to be loved, they want to give love, they want to be happy, they worry about their partner cheating on them just like a heterosexual person does.

Gays are also incapable of childbearing for biological reasons, and they are incapable of childraising that meets the developmental needs of children.

Gays are not incapable of childbearing. Ever heard of Surrogate Mothers who carry the egg/sperm of one of the couples or Sperm donors.
I would like to know why same sex couples are incapable of child raising that meets the developmental needs of children? They are just as capable or incapable as any heterosexual couple. There are millions of heterosexual couples who are incapable of meeting the developmental needs of children.

? The only possible conclusion of why they wish to take straight culture for themselves by force is that they are trying to assert their identity
WOW! Seriously? All homosexuals want is the same rights and freedoms that heterosexuals have. We are HUMANS TOO so we deserve to be treated like HUMANS too!

? NO. But they do not need to be the 'same'.. it only drags everyone down including themselves, and I think if they did some soul searching, they'd see that too. They should be proud of their difference! Call off the battles for these words and traditions.

I've done some soul searching and I've discovered I'm as HUMAN, if not more humane, then you are and deserve all the same rights to freedom, marriage and whatever else every single HUMAN being should be able to have. It should not matter what sexual preference we have, ALL HUMANS SHOULD HAVE THE SAME RIGHTS!!

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Bang on mate.

Hey, I don't oppress you so don't oppress me.

It's so simple, along the lines of, 'do unto other's as you would have them do unto you'.

But the likes of you prefer to step in the ring and pull punches and when you get hit back you cry foul.
edit on 9-2-2012 by Garfee because: idiot spelling
From one hypocritical statement to another. LFMAO.
You quote a statement of the Bible out of context, cherry picking again and again.
Always barking out nonsense to support your nonsense.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by MathiasAndrew...I want to marry my dog. I love my dog and my dog loves me. I DO NOT want to have sex with my dog, but I want my relationship to be recognized as a legal marriage.

Your dog is not human. There is also no way of proving consent on your dogs behalf.

But you know that already because you're not an idiot. Just a ****.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   

" Marriage is a term that should be reserved for a man and a woman."

If you say so..

Marriage is literally 2 people standing reciting a 3rd persons words.. dressed up perhaps, with other people... before signing a legal document. Why do I care what sex parts the happy couple have?.. matters to me because....?

Why should I care when 2 strangers find love so great.. they inform the govt?.. rock on!!.. I personally think its none of "the mans" business... but hey, whatever harmless nonsense makes people happy..

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

I can relate to your post as I myself have ben labeled a Homophobe....even though I am not. I am an intimidating figure but I bear no ill will to anyone not on my Job List.

One of my jobs is in the Entertainment buisness and I have VERY long hair which is a pain and when I am doing my other job....I have a profesional coil it up on the top of my head in a type of braid...it is very long and it extends down to my waist and I donate 16 inches at a time to Locks of Love.

Because I am VERY male and my conversations tend to lend themselves in that direction but I am not mindless and at one time was going to go to MIT but I made another choice and path...but I like sports and I was in this stylists chair that my production company set me up with and it was a GAY man working on me which did not bother me as I am VERY SECURE IN MY SEXUALITY and even have a team member who is Gay. Evidentily...this Gay Man was not so secure and by accident and a misunderstanding...he somehow got the impression I was going to STRANGLE HIM WITH MY HAIR! Now I never said that...but I was talking to someone else there who was an associate of mine and somehow this Gay man first started Jawing....which I admit I have a problem with....and then got really frightened to the point of calling the cops. I DID NOTHING WRONG! HE misinterpreted the whole thing and was very rude to the point that ifhe was a friend of mine...I would have punched him VERY HARD to straighten him out...but these are my kind of friends...and that type of action is expected when someone gets out of line...THIS GUY....First I actually apologized and tried to explain...He started Jawing with me and doing that neck shift thing I HATE! I still kept cool and tried again to explain but I stood up...he ran to the front desk and asked the receptionist to call the Police! I couldn't believe it!
My associate...who is not as tollerant as I in these type of situations was also getting up and I knew HE MENT BUISNESS...so I had to grab him and this made the whole thing seem even worse as now two large muscular men are in a clutch! I tried my best to calm things down but now people were SCREAMING!...I HATE N.Y.....and leaving the salon like someone had a gun out! All the while this Gay Stylist...is SCREAMING IN A HIGH PITCH....I don't want to DIE!...over and over again while crying!...I think this was more for possible legal suit effect as NO ONE can be that much of a WUS! The cops came...we pulled out our "I.D's"...then we pulled out our OTHER..."I.D.'s"....It was handled and I am banned from this SALON...like I care. But I never bore any ill will toward this guy and it doesn't change my mind about people having the right to love who they want....It DID show me that THEY were not ready for ME...a peron in their corner to speak....and believe me....I work with alot of Hard Core Military People that are as not as opened minded as I am.

One of my sometimes team members is Gay and I don't care as long as he can do the job...if fact...he is so good at the job...and I am getting too old to keep doing this...I may recommend him as my replacement. He i TOUGH...real tough and smart and not ONCE during a job has his sexual orientation come up or ben an issue...if anyone ever did DISHONOR HIM in that manner...they woud be out on their ass...and No ONE want's to mess with the OLD GUY that leads the team! LOL! As I am a real Ball Buster! LOL! Split Infinity

link   
Originally posted by knoledgeispower
reply to post by SteveR

Can you please edit your post ?

How the heck is anybody supposed to be able to read that?
edit on 10-2-2012 by MathiasAndrew because: (no reason given)

link   
So one of the first gay couple is getting divorced and we should pay attention to this why? Are gay people somehow suppose to be the saviors of marriage by virtue of the fact that they have to fight to enjoy the same rights as their counter parts that are hetrosexual?

The very notion that the definition of a marriage is between a man and a woman, has been the societal norm for a very long time, but it is based off of a religious context, not one that is based off of law. The very idea of 2 people of the same sex getting married, seemed to bring out the greatest fear in the general society, the likes of which was not seen since the civil rights march when those who were not white were demanding to be treated as equal with those who were white. The general society bulked at the idea, and even suggested it was the end of the country, that it was against some antiquated idea, backed by a religious ideology.

As the courts pointed out, the very nature of marriage is much more than a man and a woman coming together in a contract of living and being with each other. The very term marriage, or even weddings tend to have an air about them. The current decision by the courts on the Prop 8, pointed out that beyond the religious reasons, there really was no reasons why 2 people of the same sex should not be allow to have a marriage or a wedding to celebrate their wanting to be together, with all of the bells and whistles that goes along with it.

But ultimately some would use arguments about marrying animals and underage persons, or even having multiple partners, yet fail to see that with the course of history all of those have been discussed, debated and fought over in the United States of America, and that laws are on the books already. Gay marriage is a new idea that is recent, not from times past, as the other topics have been suggested.

We are all human, and thus we all have the same fallacies and problems that others would have. This also raises the question about would it be news worthy if say the main proponent for the anti-abortion camp got an abortion? Or is this merely a diversion from something else that we should be paying attention to.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

All countries around the world don't have girly men

Stereotype much?

Most gay men you wouldn't know if they were standing next to you.
That settles it then.
Your views on masculinity does reflect condition of your society.
Did you read what i said??
I said 'girly boys' dear.
I know if you have 20 years of gay experience,as you always claim, you can be confused....

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join